Old 10-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #106  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Cali:
Oh honey, that's gotta be disheartening.
Hmmmm. Well, you've been busting your butt lately, right? Something tells me if you formulate a plan to work REALLY hard for a small amount of time, and you start to see a drop... it'll totally revamp your motivation, and get you super pumped again! I have faith in you! You've come so far already, don't lose hope now!! *HUG*
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl98 View Post
HWGA: I need to practice what I preach, huh? ;-) Ok, I will leave the scale in for another week, make sure I work out this week and eat right. There really isn't much else I can do, right? Weight ain't nothing but a number...
lol first time I heard that! age aint nothin but a number but yes, weight too! You're doing good and ya look good so forget everything else..... that's what I'm at least trying to tell myself!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #108  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

ghost - Congrats on your REAL loss! YAY! Oooh a pool party sounds lovely.

beaka - My mom loves tofu Ive never been a big fan. I will ask her if she knows any good recipes.

i am still trying - Starting the weekend off right is a great idea! Damage is done just get back on track girly. CONGRATS ON THE LOSS! Especially after a stall thats so great, keep it up.

Jelbb - Long distance relationships are crazy hard. There's just something so essential about being able to see someone, have physical contact...

HeatherMcG - Exercise is exercise and hey if you can get it in throughout the day all the better.

Elwing - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Chele615 - I saw that story too it made me tear up and im not even on TTOM. Props to you for going to the gym during TTOM though thats always a struggle for me.

Annita - I hope you feel better hun!

caligirl98 - "Im not in the mood for the violence that follows" I had to laugh so hard at this one! My scale stalling me totally kills my motivation, thats why I also take measurements.

Taylor86 - I remember being a poor college student, its tough nowadays. I remember being surprised though that the things that are good for you in the outside perimeter of the store (fruits, veggies, bread etc...) aren't actually all that expensive.

So yesterday afternoon I started getting this terrible cramping. Last month my husband and I had a miscarriage. It was exactly about a month ago so I thought it was just TTOM but wanted to call the doc to see if it was supposed to be this excrutiating. He told me no so I had a visit. Turns out I had a cyst caused by the miscarriage which ruptured. YUCK, not fun. So I did not go to the gym last night.

I have to tell you guys about this AMAZING salad my husband made last night. When we lived in Denver the new thing was build your own salad places. They were popping up everywhere... So We tried our own. I shredded apples, qaurtered green grapes & cucumber slices. Grilled chicken with a little extra peppering, blue cheese crumbles, craisens, green leaf lettuce and red wine vinnegrette salad spritzer. It was to die for. One of my new favorite meals.
Have you guys tried those salad spritzers? They are great only 1 calorie per spray and like 6 sprays will do a whole salad. Its a lot lighter than cream based or oil based dressings.

A pudding cup did manage to be consumed but I cannot be blamed I had a hard day lol. Tonight I am conserving cals as going out to dinner with some friends. I will be MIA this weekend as I will be out of town working till late Sunday night.

Good luck today girls and stay OP this weekend!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #109  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Hangover. Ow. cranberry vodka. enough said.

Its friday, and I didn't have to work today. And I feel skinny today, I love skinny days. I have a ton of errands to run. I am at my moms house right now, on her computer and I found a whole bunch of really really fat pictures of myself. I can't wait to make a fat me montage.

I hope everybody has a great friday, I'll check back and do some personals later, just wanted to say Hi! HI!!!!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Hm Ghost that suck. I hate hangovers...

I haven't been op today at all, I forgot my lunch and ended up eating a bag of cheetos rather then my morning snack, jimmy johns veggie sub no mayo for lunch, and then m & ms. My stomach hurts. I let myself get starving because I had breakfast at 7 then didn't eat the cheetos until like 11, and jimmy johns and m & ms at 2. Blah I hate when I'm an idiot and forget my lunch.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #111  

hi Would it be ok for me to jump in on this thread? I'm trying to lose a few pounds.. but am starting with small steps. Just to make sure I dont give up too quickly! I'm prone to binges and emotional eating (tho it seems to have gotten better). Living with my boyfriend has gotten me into the habit of having fast food 2x/day.. I've been working the last couple of weeks trying to cook for myself (I hate cooking!). Guess I'm just looking for some support and people to vent/chat with on the really good days and the not so good days.

Hope everyone has a good day today!
bekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #112  
Get through today

Holy mutha... I need to come on here more often, I miss so much!! It sounds like everyone is having very packed-emotionally week out there, and I'm right there with y'all. I just feel like my life is unraveling the more I try to keep it together, and I need to get my tush into some therapy for real this time. I am saying it out loud, not just a passing comment, so please help me stick to this. I've tried eating healthy (really healthy), exercising, meditation (umm, this was kinda a failure), talking to friends (this made me feel HORRIBLE so I stopped), so this is the next step. I'm not making it an issue, I'm just going to do it. This time. For real. Really.

So I am going to a wedding next weekend, and I need to buy something to wear. THAT should be interesting. I'm not dreading it nearly as much as I normally would. Well, if we're talking normally, I wouldn't be going to a wedding. But I'm trying to reverse my anti-social behavior.

But to end on an "up" note, it's Friday afternoon and I get to hang out with my dad tomorrow as he's helping with my yard landscaping stuff. YAY!

-------

Jelbb -- You are awesome. I tried your stumbleupon.com, and that place is amazing! Lots of good sites and interesting random stuff. Love it! Thank you!! I also loved reading your story about the boy/man/guy you met in Ireland (hello? yummy!) and on top of that, the accent, *swoon*. I see how that is motivation, you go girl! I love reading your posts, your energy is so contagious!

bekko -- Hi and welcome! If you are looking for support/motivation or just a place to be you, this is THAT PLACE.

RHTS -- Dang, law school. What kind of lawyer specialty are you going into? And the Halloween parties sound super fun!

ghost -- you are so funny, a "fat me montage". I avoid cameras like the plague and get rid of all pics of me. I bet a montage would be empowering, or even just interesting.

stephiewilliams -- I'm so sorry about your miscarriage *hug* and un-fun medical ickiness. I would say the pudding cup is allowed, under the circumstances! I haven't tried those spritzers, but I might have to now.

Taylor86 -- The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Every little bit helps, and it already sounds like your life is very busy so I'm sure you're moving around a lot anyways!

HWGA -- Congratulations on the loss!!!!

caligirl98 -- I think our bodies should come with manuals, and restart buttons. I'm all for avoiding the scale with you know it won't be good news. No one needs that kind let down in already-down-times. It will get better, I know it will!

Chele615 -- Sometimes (ok, all the time) I think women get the short of stick with TOM and emotional roller coasters and all that. I love those kinds of stories, that really tug are you heart like that!

HeatherMcG -- That is one of the great things about taking a vacation, walking around the seeing the sites. I tend to think it makes up for (or at least LESSENS) the impact of the "vacation eating".

i am still trying -- Motivation: YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

beaka -- I like the Breast of Tofu from Everydaydish.tv. I've been eating it for the last few weeks and still love it. I've never had jerk sauce before, so maybe I'll try that next!
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

HWGA....I am so so SO excited that you saw the scale move!!! I know how frustrating it's been for you the past couple of months to have all these inches lost and nothing number-wise to show for it. It's so exciting
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #114  

Chele- Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. One of my friends showed me a picture of 5 lbs of fat and 5 lbs of muscle, no wonder why I've lost inches and no weight! It was really eye opening.

Bella- we are totally here for you! You are doing so good. You should come on here more!

Steph- I'm sorry about your miscarriage. How are you doing? Sorry, I haven't kept up on all the personals this week.

Remember- I understand about forgetting your lunch. I've done it a couple of times this week. But you're doing so good! You're such an inspiration. I want to be like you when I grow up.

Ghost- hangovers are not fun. I'm glad that you had fun. Are you doing better? How are you feeling?

Beko- What's up girl? Welcome!

My day has been pretty good. I'm little bored at work. I'm starting to feel like a blob b/c my pants are all getting so big. I feel like I have pants that are way too big and then I have a couple pairs that I can wear but still a little tight. I purposely bought them too small b/c I've been losing inches so fast. i feel very awkward right now. But I'm not complaining. I have such a busy weekend planned that I don't think I have to worry about eating too much, I just have to make sure I eat enough!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #115  
Get through today

Here we go again -- Thank you, this is the one place where I can just be me, it's nice.

I do need to come on here more, if only work wouldn't get in the way!! ha! And I've given up on the rest of today for work anyways, so I feel blah. I like the loose pants, but I hear you on feeling awkward with it. It kind of annoying with clothes, but I will take it because it means I'm doing something right. Yay for us!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:53 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaHTH View Post
Here we go again -- Thank you, this is the one place where I can just be me, it's nice.

I do need to come on here more, if only work wouldn't get in the way!! ha! And I've given up on the rest of today for work anyways, so I feel blah. I like the loose pants, but I hear you on feeling awkward with it. It kind of annoying with clothes, but I will take it because it means I'm doing something right. Yay for us!
I like that! Yay for us for sure.... I guess I just feel smaller and um sexier lol if I have clothes that are showing off my new body. lol I know it sounds strange but it just helps me, you know like wearing a skirt with heels makes you feel sexy? Yep, I'm that girl..... I had a question for you. Why did talking to your friends make you feel worse?
Old 10-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #117  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Ghost: OMG! cranberry vodka...that brings back memories of my 21st year...that's one of the reason why I can't drink anymore. It's kind of fuzzy, but it was Halloween, I went to a party...drank a bit and then drove myself home. STUPID! I was tipsy as all **** and doing 90 on the freeway cause I had to go really bad. Nearly hit the car parked in the space next to mine. Nearly missed the toilet. Passed out on the living room floor. Woke up and ended up draped over the toilet losing everything I had ate in the last 12 hours. Good times. LOL! Just the smell of vodka makes me cringe now.

Taylor: The time I was laid off and had to choose between gas and food to eat, I was eating top ramen and oatmeal all day. Gained a ton of weight because pasta makes me blow up like a balloon. The next time I was unemployed, I discovered frozen veggies and canned veggies...I would make the ramen and then add a ton of veggies and extra water to it and it would last forever. Like five or six meals. Let's see, the ramen was 19 cents and the bag of veggies was $3.00. Not too bad. But yeah, I see myself being a poor college student for another year and a half. Woo hoo! We should unite and have a special hand shake or something.

Which reminds me, I need to run to the grocery store when I get off work. Another $50 budget...

Thanks for the hugs, ladies. You guys are my motivation.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:42 PM   #118  
Get through today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
I had a question for you. Why did talking to your friends make you feel worse?
Because they can't help, there isn't anything they can say or do that will help me be ok. And so I get a lot of the "I feel sorry for you" looks or "I don't know what to say" looks, and so on top of dealing with my own bubbling over of stuff I've repressed for 15 years (or my whole life), I have to censor what I say to them to avoid these looks. And I know this and it is unfair to even put them in that situation. And since I've recently made a personal commitment to reduce my lying (I've spent the better part of my life covering up who I am and hiding my depression), it's become a tricky thing to keep the few friends I haven't already alienated or completely shut out. I can't afford to lose them, not to this.

Sorry, that was a loaded question for me, something I'm trying to deal with (and failing at dealing with) on my own. Which is why I'm very seriously going to seek out therapy... I'm not looking for anyone here, or even currently in my life, to help or solve my problems, they are too deep and complicated for that. It's just nice to know that someone is there, saying it's going to be ok, somehow... Because it will be!
Old 10-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #119  

Bel- I sent you a PM.

Ok girls, I have to say I went home and weighed. I know I know I KNOW. You're not suppose to weigh during the day. BUT I was at 279. It may be a fluke, but I haven't seen 270's in a long time! I'm so excited. I hope it's not a fluke....
Old 10-18-2008, 06:19 AM   #120  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

So. Birthday's over. I haven't snacked too much (about 50 gr of chocolate, a piece of my homemade low-fat/sugar lychee-pineapple cheesecake and some bread with hummus and guacamole). And I exercised too. So I'm pretty proud of myself. And the scale hasn't moved at all, slightly down, maybe.

Oh and I was talking to my mum about making my clothes smaller (because they're starting to get quite loose). And she said "Well, the only thing you'll end up with are clothes that lack all shape... I don't think that's a good idea." Me: "Well, what do I do then, it's not like I have money to buy a new wardrobe." Dad: "That would be a nice gift when you reach your target weight, wouldn't it?" Talk about motivation

Ghost: My worst hangover was on vodka-orange juice. I was supposed to go to my boyfriend in another city the day after early in the morning, but I was unable to go until late afternoon. Why? I was unable to hold down even water. It all came out again. Sitting in a train was out of question until I felt better. So I can totally relate to that feeling. And I don't like vodka much any more... odd, very odd.

Bekko: Welcome! We also have a board for people with binging problems... it's called "Chicks in control". (But you're also very welcome here, don't get me wrong!)

Bella: Tell us what you bought! I'm sure visiting that wedding will be more fun than you think now. Talking to friends doesn't work very well for me either, and I know this holds true for more people. They either are overweight themselves so they will feel guilty for not doing anything about it. Or they'll think that I try to get them into dieting too. And for other people I'll soon become "that girl that is nagging about weight loss all the time". So I just put it here, and I can talk very well about it with my parents.

HWGA: You can do it, just a few more inches and you'll fit them quite nicely Congratulations on the scale moving!
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote