Old 10-16-2008, 07:31 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I haven't been having the best day either.....just really stressful and crazy busy and all that stuff. Then, I heard some news that normally wouldn't be a big deal, but after the day I had, it hit a bit harder than usual.

Basically, I am going to a skating competition in Canada at the end of the month and the pairs skaters that I adore just withdrew from it today due to an injury that happened this summer. I was kind of expecting it because the girl broke her ankle and had to have surgery and they just started back at training recently, but I had my hopes up since it was so close to the event and they hadn't said anything up until today. So, in the grand scheme of things, it is not life-shattering or anything....but on top of everything else, it just makes me sad. haha I'm such a loser sometimes!

Last edited by Chele615; 10-16-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Ghost: Glad you're feeling better

RHTS: Hope you feel better

Chele615: I'm sure the competition will still be fun. Just make the most of it.

As for me... I am back on the wagon. I've been eating a lot better this week. I worked out last night. I even cooked tofu for the first time today. I marinated it in jerk sauce and ate it with brown rice and veggies. Not really sure how I feel about it alone, but it was pretty good all together. Any tofu recipe suggestions?

Last edited by beaka; 10-16-2008 at 08:18 PM.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

I'm back after a 6 day trip and Canadian thanksgiving. I ate lots and exercised none. I feel pretty crappy right now. Not weighing for a few days, but then TOM will be here so maybe I'll hold off for a little longer. My new job isn't helping matter either!
I feel really bloated and gross.
Motivation needed.
I am hitting the gym after work tomorrow to start the weekend off right and checking in here a few times over the weekend too.
please help...
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #94  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I ate a bit more today than usual, trying to zig-zag a bit as planned... does that actually work?? Why is that??

I made the mistake of weighing myself before bed, and feel disheartened by seeing 159.6 on the scale. I don't like seeing it jump back up so close to 160. STILL, I weigh myself in the mornings, so that's not an official number anyhow. AND, despite having more calories, today was a good day, eating-wise! Tho, I may have eaten more rice crackers than was strictly necessary... Still, haven't cheated and had wheat or gluten yet! And I didn't even take one of the mini-chocolate bars that my prof was handing out after I failed my midterm this morning...

Caligirl:
Same! You just get so freaked out about not being able to "afford to get sick right now," lol. Horrible stuff.
And yeah, txt messages CAN be the devil like that. Bahh. Long distance relationships... -.-
1400 or less. Wowie. Kudos, woman, but... yeah, eating a bit more but exercising as well is totally easier, and you feel better too.

Stephie:
Hey, good job for getting on that treadmill either way!!! To be totally honest, it might not even be that you're THAT out of shape--- I really do find that some days I have a much harder time with workouts than others. Like.. in the same week, I'll be able to do an hour on the elliptical no problem, the next day I'm wheezing at 25 minutes. I think it depends on what your body's up for sometimes!

And yeahhh, I'm rocking the long distance relationship. I posted a big ol' story here when I first came back, because it's my major motivation to lose more weight. Met a guy in Ireland the summer before last-- well, you can read if ya hit up that link. Anyhow, since he started his job, and with the 5 hour time diff, we don't get to talk much, and some days txt messages are the best we get, and they're not always enough!

RHTS:
OKAY. So. You take brussel sprouts. And you chop 'em in half and place them on a baking sheet. You brush, or spray, or drizzle, or drop a small amount of olive oil onto them, then chuck on some salt, and or your favourite seasoning.

Then you throw them in the oven at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until they are crispy, and ENJOY! They're surprisingly good, I was shocked. NEVER steam brussel sprouts. It makes them smell and taste funny, and ruins them for people, lol.

Chele:
You're not a loser! Hey, everyone loves their own thing, if you're sad that they're out of the competition, then YOU BE SAD! I'd be sad if I was going to see a competition and the team/pair I was routing for dropped out...!

Beaka:
YAY for eating healthily!

Welcome back on the wagon. ...I noticed that there is a surprising lack of fried food, cakes and cookies on this wagon...

Lots of tofu and brussel sprouts tho, hehe. I have no idea how to make tofu. I'm proud of you for trying tho!

IMST:
Hey, hey, now. Canadian Thanksgivings is a killer, what with the turkey, and the taters, and the pumpkin pie. You've gotta give yourself a couple of feasts a year, and Thanksgivings is one of 'em. Try not to beat yourself up too much. I defo wasn't good on Thanksgiving weekend, lol. I know that bloated gross feeling is a horrible one... I'd just avoid the scale until you're feeling a little less icky bloated, maybe?

And YAY for the gym, glad you're going! I have faith in you to stay on track over the weekend... just take things a day at a time, a meal at a time... Decide while you're eating breakfast what you're going to have for lunch, and during lunch, decide what you're going to have for dinner. I find that planning my meals in advance when I'm not hungry can keep me from binging on the quickest, easiest, junkiest meals.

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-16-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:07 PM   #95  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Still on my vacation.... we walked ALL day long. No joke. I am talking miles. Whew! My feet were so hurting.... but, exercise is exercise! Here is a pat on the back to myself for letting me enjoy my vacation while still making my WL a priority! Normally, I would just have let it all go until I got home.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:40 AM   #96  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

ugh i am just so tired today. I have a million loose ends that wont tie up no matter how hard i try, and i feel like i am running out of time
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:57 AM   #97  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

How are you all today? I've been eating quite strict for some days (not that the scale showed any change at all) because... today I turn 22! Which means snacks and stuff. But I made almost everything myself, so I know what's in it. And I'll try to stick with small portions. Wish me luck!

Beaka: There are many different ways to marinate tofu.... one of my vegetarian friends always does it with sambal and honey. Then she makes a stir fry and puts it together in pita bread or something like that. Maybe something to try?

IAST: You'll probably feel better if you do something to help you lose... either watching what you eat, or exercising. I can imagine... with my birthday and all I['m not being very well at the moment either. Losing slower is better for your health, right?

Heather: Wow, so good! Walking is really nice exercise and it's good to see the landscape around you too. The forests are so pretty at the moment (well, here they are).

Iconised Ghost: You sound quite stressed . Dieting is so tough when you're very busy. Can't you make some "me-time" somewhere? You sound like you could use it.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:28 AM   #98  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

it is so tough, especially when you also have a birthday involving creamy cake and chocolate. Just when i was getting back on track too. Unfortunately the only me time i have is when i am asleep >.< I am going to have lunch with friends tomorrow which should be nice, but i was hoping to have more done by now so i could enjoy my lunch
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:38 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Birthday cake is the worst....especially when it's your own!! Because it seems wrong on so many levels to not have any. LOL And then of course, one piece usually can turn into many pieces.

I am so tired today!!! I was just about to go to bed because the Red Sox were losing 7-0 to the Rays, and then they started actually getting runs. I couldn't go to bed at that point....haha. They ended up winning in the bottom of the 9th, keeping the playoff hopes alive for another game. So, needless to say, I'm a bit tired today....but it's worth it I love watching the games with my dad every night.

But it's Friday!!! One more day of work and I have to try to get one of my students tested today. Hopefully I can get her completely done in the two hours I have blocked off for her today. We'll see. But I am definitely planning on going straight to the gym after school since I wasn't able to get there yesterday due to report writing I had to do.

And to top all that off, my TOM is here and I am emotional beyond words!!! haha First the thing with the skating competition and earlier today on the news, there was the absolutely CUTEST story about a little girl who was told they were going to the airport to pick up one of her grandmother's friends and it turned out it was actually her dad coming home from the Middle East for his leave. She was adorable, saying over and over "Oh my god....that's Dad!! What are you doing here?" Oh my god, I totally started crying. So cute!!!

Last edited by Chele615; 10-17-2008 at 06:39 AM.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:11 AM   #100  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

i'm feeling worse. (Becuz of a cold). On top of that, a fever
Sigh. The weather is stupid.
Wish everyone a happy weekend. TGIF >"<
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:44 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Post personal later ... but I just wanted to say I hope everyone has a good friday.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:59 AM   #102  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I woke up crying this morning. It was about half past four and I knew I had to roll out of my nice warm, cozy bed in exactly fifteen minutes. I'm soooooo sleepy right now. Meanwhile, I figured out why my motivation seems to be non existent. Working out feels like such a waste of time. I've lost like half a pound since June. I wouldn't say I'm busting my butt or anything, but I am doing enough to have some weight loss, at least 4 lbs a month...And I've been stalled. I'm just so freaking frustrated right now. I may put off weighing myself for another week, because the scale is going to say something I really don't want to hear and I'm not in the mood for the violence that follows.

Chele: I love under dogs, so I'm going for the Rays. But I will admit, a Rays/Phillies world series doesn't seem all that interesting. I'm happy it's the football season, even thought the Raiders suck....AGAIN!

Jelbb: OMG! If it wasn't for that stimulus check, I would have been so screwed. I was out of work for nearly 2 weeks, and even when I got back, I was only working half days. So I finally got to my regular 1800 cals...and then some. I craved popcorn and had some and it was like HEAVEN!
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:31 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Cali- I'm sorry girl! You're doing so good. I understand about the scale. Have you done inches lately to see if you've lost inches?

So last night I took a late class for CERT, community emergency relief team, the trainers were funny and I had like 14 friends in the class so it made it fun. I was cracking up the entire time and the trainers thought I was the class clown, I was just laughing at the comments that were coming behind me. Good times, good times. I weighed this morning and I was 280!!!!!!!!! This is a huge deal!!! I've been stuck at 281 for two months! I'm literally fighting for every pound. I'm so stinking excited. I may see 270's soon.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:14 PM   #104  
I will do this.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi because I feel like I haven't in awhile.

The money situation has gotten better - but not all that better. We are still poor college students and I think the basis of what we bought was soup, bread, tuna and a few apples but that's way better than where we were. How do I make that work for me? You'd that that would cause me to lose weight but I am always hungry and then end up eating two things of ramen because there is so little to eat in my apartment.

I am off to see my trainer (which my dad pays for) before rehearsal today. I haven't worked out in 3 weeks...EEEEK and it's TOM for me..so this workout should be pathetic but at least I am getting up and doing something.

I will do personals later...gotta run guys!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:15 PM   #105  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

HWGA: I need to practice what I preach, huh? ;-) Ok, I will leave the scale in for another week, make sure I work out this week and eat right. There really isn't much else I can do, right? Weight ain't nothing but a number...
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote