Old 10-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Bell- I'm glad you got a good laugh out of it. I did too! Afterwards, I was thinking that probably wasn't the smartest thing I've done. Goodness! Oh and you're doing so good!

Stars- Congrats girl! You're doing amazing. I'm a little jealous.

Arts- I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Is there a way that you can carve out some "me" time? You have to take time for yourself.

I was back up to 287 this morning. I have come to the conclusion that my bones must weigh a lot and I have a lot of muscle b/c I'm not losing weight..... I did work out twice yesterday, intense workouts. Even my new jeans are getting big... I went to Target yesterday got a clearance shirt, XL and it looks so good on. I'm excited. I don't know how I can be 287 pounds and wear XL and be an 18. It just doesn't make sense to me! But hey as long as I'm looking better and less fat, I can't complain, right? Then why do I get frustrated with gaining or at least fluctuating around 281? I will get my monthly official measurements in 9 days. It will tell me my fat % and measurements. I'm curious to see how much that's gone down.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #32  
I will do this.

I don't think you can be a size 18 and xl shirt and weight 287...at least I don't think cause that's what I wear.

I think you need to invest in a few scale...I think yours has the devil inside of it! You are doing so great!!! Or perhaps stop weighting yourself at all? That's what I did..now I only measure and that is so much better for me because I too much stress on the numbers instead of the years I am adding to my life (well, was adding to my life..weight loss has kinda some to a stop at the moment cause of money)

I know you are doing great!

More personals to come...probably later tonight when I get home from rehearsal
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #33  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I'm battling warm and cozy food. It's that time of year again, when I'm cold and all I want is warm and cozy food which is usually bad for me. Sorry, I suppose I should call it comfort food. Last night, I had some scrambled eggs with Monterey jack cheese and two hash brown on top of that with a bagel. I'm not even in the mood to calculate those calories, but I love that warm and fuzzy feeling it gave me. *grumble* Now I'm craving beef stew and chicken and dumplings. Ooohh and corn bread. Damn!

Here We Go: I'm with Taylor...throw that scale out the window and buy another one in a few months.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #34  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Jellb- So I went to the site and set it for "desk job". It said 2112. Holy Crap. I haven't eaten that many in I don't know when! I guess I know that one must eat to lose. But it seems so counterproductive. I am constantly analyzing every morsel that I ingest. I ask myself, will eating this get me closer to my goal? I finally start controlling my eating and now I have to eat more.... So weird!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #35  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Just came back from running! Yay I hit the 20 minutes mark today.

Heather: I try to think about it like this: when I stuff myself up with things that are good for me (fruit, yoghurt, bread, vegetables) I'm less likely to go on a snack binge because I'm already full. I had designed my own diet, then I went to a dietist and she told me I was definitely eating too little (only around 1000-1200 calories, and I thought it was healthy!). I had to eat more bread, more yoghurt, and also make space for some snacks. It can definitely be true that you have to eat more to lose weight in a healthy way.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:20 PM   #36  

Cali, Taylor- I would love to throw it out the window but I don't know if I can. I guess I could base any goals I have on inches? It's been engrained in me all my life to "lose weight" it's hard to get out of that mode. The only reason why I gt so excited about inches is b/c it's the only thing I can be excited about.

Heather- I totally understand. Mine is 2200 and it's hard to eat that much. I try to get 1800-2000 and call it a day.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #37  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Default Hello again all

I used to post here quite a while ago... anyway life took over and I got away from it. At that time I was around 130 lbs and looking to drop to around 117. A divorce, career change, move and marriage later I now find myself at 146! Eeeeeek... Anyway so here I am once again. I'm motivated by tickers, forums, blogging and esp. those in my same boat. Anyway there is my intro....
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #38  
I will do this.

cali Oh my, I am so with you on the warm and fuzzy food. Ya know what really helps me though? Progresso Light...usually only 60 calories per serving and so 120 calories for a can! It's SO YUMMY. I split a can with my bf and then make a cheese sandwich with fat free cheese and light bread. Tea with splenda also help me...OH OH and swiss miss light chocolate coco! It's only 25 calories per pouch! I just want someone to come out with a light chili in a can!!!!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:21 PM   #39  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I am having an impossibly $h1tty day. I think my boyfriend just email dumped me. We've been having a tough time connecting on positive terms. I cancelled my trip down to see him because something "came up" on his end. But I'm still going on vacay, just to somewhere else (read: funner). Why waste a perfectly good ticket on someone who email breaks up with me. He didn't actually come out and say it, but the email included elusive statements like "Isn't it easier to have a little pain now than a lot more later?", and then he calls and claims "I did not just email dump you". Uhhhh, anyone?

Anyways, I can't talk to him today, at least not while I'm trying to work. Also, I have been terribly sick. sick sick. nasty sick. Lung butter, snot galore, fevers, puking. but I managed to maintain my weight, probably in sodium from soup. This is gross, but I puked up sushi on saturday night. With wasabi. OMG, it was the worst.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #40  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

caligirl98: I am with you on battling the warm and cozy foods...my best friend and I always say that it is our body's natural tendency to want to gain weight for the cold weather...but that's probably just our excuse! I could recommend baked apples...soooo good

herewegoagain: you will definitely lose weight once your body gets used to gaining muscle...it's probably just the retention of water and your body's shock to increased exercise that is causing you to not lost weight in numbers...great job though! your probably feeling better as far as endurance and stuff...I definitely need to work out to get my endurance back up

stephie: Life changes definitely make me gain weight as well! It's hard staying consistent with weight loss when everything else is changing..

~Well, I usually just post in the WW Flex thread, but figured I should come write in the 20somethings. I read the weekly chat a lot, so it's time to contribute!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #41  

Hi everyone.

Okay so I saw this board and I thought "Oh sweet, a support group just for people in their 20's!" I have loved the support I have received on the Medifast threads so far, but it is also great to have people the same age as I am going through the same physical, emotional, and whatever else that only people in their 20's go through.

Anyway, I moved in with my boyfriend last Nov. to a totally different state that was 1,300 miles away from my family. I had never lived away from home before, and I guess I got really homesick and started turning to food for comfort.

A shocking 35 lbs later, I went home for my birthday and when I saw my birthday pictures I decided it was time to change.

Well.. so far I've lost 20 lbs. I still have a long way to go, but boy has losing weight given me a more positive outlook on life and my self-image.

Anyway, now for the off-topic part: You guys are in your 20's so maybe you can identify/help me out on this.

I graduated college almost 2 years ago and I am still having a HECK of a time getting a decent career. I've had many "jobs" since then that one could get by just having a high school diploma, but no careers. The best I've had yet was a job as a secretary, but there has been little ability to grow in the organization, (I have hit a ceiling.)

I've tried interning at different places and hob-nobbing with the right people, but it always ends up that I am "lacking the experience they need" even in the so-called 'entry-level' positions!

I need the right job to gain experience, but to get the job you need experience. Catch-22, isn't it?

Anyone else having career woes like me? If you overcame them, how?
lovediet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdaybaby View Post

herewegoagain: you will definitely lose weight once your body gets used to gaining muscle...it's probably just the retention of water and your body's shock to increased exercise that is causing you to not lost weight in numbers...great job though! your probably feeling better as far as endurance and stuff...I definitely need to work out to get my endurance back up
I understand that there would be water retention, but for three months? Since I've started working out at the end of July I have lost 4 pounds and tons of inches. I've gone from a size 22 to an 18. It doesn't make any sense at all for me to lose all of these inches but no weight.

Ghost- I'm so sorry you're having a rough day. Can you stay home and get better? Everything is intensified when you don't feel good. Can you call ol boy when you get off work. Do you want to be with him or are you done?
Old 10-14-2008, 06:45 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
I understand that there would be water retention, but for three months? Since I've started working out at the end of July I have lost 4 pounds and tons of inches. I've gone from a size 22 to an 18. It doesn't make any sense at all for me to lose all of these inches but no weight.
Hey lady, so we have to get to the bottom of this!

Have you tried a different scale? Tried replacing your batteries? A new nice digital scale can run you about 30 bucks at walmart, mine broke on me - so I had to get a new one. It wasn't changing numbers, and saying I was over, and just all bezerk. I suggest getting yourself a new scale. Also - look at yourself, do you look different? Because that is what matters!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #44  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Ok so the back is feeling better but my TOM showed its ugly head and it is not a good one!! So another day of not working out but i should be mostly better by tomorrow. I weighed myself just to see and I weight exactly the same as last week so I am sure after my TOM is gone I will see a loss. I've been sooo stressed with everything that I just needed a break. Thank you all for your support, now its time to kick some @ss!!!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:04 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by garstar View Post
Hey lady, so we have to get to the bottom of this!

Have you tried a different scale? Tried replacing your batteries? A new nice digital scale can run you about 30 bucks at walmart, mine broke on me - so I had to get a new one. It wasn't changing numbers, and saying I was over, and just all bezerk. I suggest getting yourself a new scale. Also - look at yourself, do you look different? Because that is what matters!
I got a new scale 2 months ago. I also tried my roommate's scale, same number. I for sure look different. I mean from a size 22 to 18, is a lot. I don't know what else to do. When I checked almost a month ago I had lost 10 inches. I know it's more now. I'm thinking of getting a doctor's appointment to make sure everything is fine with me.