Old 04-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #46  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

Cool

I have ridiculous hair all over my neck and chin and bottom of my face. my lip too. BUT i HAVE NO EYEBROWS OR LASHES GRRRRRRRRR!

I too shave my toes or my pedicurist (is that a word) she plucks them for me.

I had a growth spurt in middle school where i went from 105 to 135 pounds at 5'6" and i have had ridiculous stretch marks since i was 12. it was so embarassing when i went to a pool party in high school and i was talked about for having stretch marks. i wasnt even big but the other girls didnt have them. my butt looks like a tiger as do my thighs and hips. ah well.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 210/151/hot

Height: 5'7"

-Gnarly ingrown hairs on my behind (think saddlebags, folks) from bicycling that usually end up as never-healing boils that leave purple scars. Mmm goodness.

-Stretchmarks since I was 6 years old on my thighs, then I got them in high school on my stomach and arms (arms?! How the **** do you cover those babies up?), so I pretty much can never go swimming or to a beach.

-Acne scars on my back and chest that pretty much thwart any attempt at wearing something lowcut. Add that to the stretchmark arms, and it's turtleneck season year around! Weee!

-Massive 16" calves - I can never wear shorts, ever.

-Gallbladder removal scars that look like worms crawling on my stomach

-Gross blackheads on my nose that will not go away with ProActiv or anything else for that matter

-I too have hairy Hobbit feet (that are huge for a 5'7 person, as well) that I have to shave every other day.

-My feet swell so bad I can't wear anything but tennis shoes or I get these unsightly ridges and it looks like my shoes are going to pop. Attractive.
twentysixpoint2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 240/240/160

Height: 5'7''

Well well well I certainly thought I was alone in this world

I have the hairy legs, arms, neck, face, butt, toes, any and everything else. I have stretch marks and I hate them with a passion. It is such an akward feeling to have to shave your fingers and toes every other day. No one understands, especially men. I tell them I have pcos and they act as if I am going to grow a penis! lol.

I am sweaty too..........grrrrrrr
mimosa08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #49  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

hey ladies,

i was just wondering what ya'll do for unwanted facial hair. mine is turning really dark and i'm ganna have to do something about it. any suggestions?
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 320/270/160

I have PCOS too. My extra hair is mostly facial hair. I've got the dark patches under my arms and on my inner thighs. And I sweat. I sweat like I've been running a marathon in 100-plus degree heat just walking down the hall at work.

And let's add to the embarrassment -- I take Metformin for my PCOS, and I also don't have a gallbladder. So occasionally, I have unexpected, uncontrollable diarrhea. Although that part has been much better since I started WW and am eating better foods.
KristyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:28 AM   #51  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

i had my laser treatments today. ugh, i had my lower back done and since it's sensitive territory it hurt like no other. it was a cross between really ticklish and really painful. so pretty much all the worst parts of the bible.
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #52  
TBL Black Team Member

S/C/G: 253/237/153

Ugh, hope you're feeling better soon
Halichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:32 AM   #53  
~

S/C/G: 200/174.6/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeweled View Post
Try TendSkin you can get it at Beauty Brands. I havent seen an ingrown hair that this stuff cant combat. Its a miracle potion seriously.
I've actually tried it it didn't help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat_61886 View Post
hey ladies,

i was just wondering what ya'll do for unwanted facial hair. mine is turning really dark and i'm ganna have to do something about it. any suggestions?
I've used a depilatory for my upper lip for about 6 yrs, it works like a charm! No ingrown hairs (and I get them really bad everywhere else), or irritation. I use Sally Hansen ~ you can get it at walmart. Make sure you put on a super thick layer of it and don't rub it in at all!
http://www.sallyhansen.com/product.cfm?product=128
for everything else, like eyebrows or a stray hair here or there i just pluck with tweezers

Last edited by Pinkadot; 04-24-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Pinkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:48 PM   #54  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

littlemoonrabbit-- I suffer from hyperhidrosis too!! I HATE IT!! I can be outside in 30 degree weather and still be sweating like crazy!! It is very embarassing and hard to deal with. I've tried just about everything to try to treat this or at least help it, clinical strength deodorant, suredri deodorant, drysol- prescription deodorant... I always wear two shirts to help soak up the sweat so it doesn't soak through to the other (on good days). SOooo I feel for all of us who suffer from unusal body stuff...
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #55  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I have PCOS, so I have some body hair. I hate it so much!! I hide it from my dh I feel that if he knew, then he'd think I was a freak or something.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:55 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 296/295/250

I don't really have a hair problem but I do suffer from psoriasis. It covers my scalp and is easily seen. I can't wear dark clothing because of the skin shavings that fall like snow. Not only is my scalp covered but it has moved to eyebrows. It is horrible. It itches and burns and people look at me like have some sort of contagious disease. Large spots of it are on my legs and back and cleavage. I can't wear low cut shirts or shorts. So, I can totally sympathize with the hair problem. But think on the bright side, you are least able to shave off what you feel is unsightly. If I tried to shave around my psoriasis, I'd be bleeding like a stuck pig.
xonlywishesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:59 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 296/295/250

Quote:
Originally Posted by net knee View Post
littlemoonrabbit-- I suffer from hyperhidrosis too!! I HATE IT!! I can be outside in 30 degree weather and still be sweating like crazy!! It is very embarassing and hard to deal with. I've tried just about everything to try to treat this or at least help it, clinical strength deodorant, suredri deodorant, drysol- prescription deodorant... I always wear two shirts to help soak up the sweat so it doesn't soak through to the other (on good days). SOooo I feel for all of us who suffer from unusal body stuff...
I used to work for Aetna Specialty Pharmacy and one of the products we dispensed was BOTOX (it's not just for cosmetic purposes). It's used to treat hyperhydrosis. Ask your doctor about it and see if it's right for you. I think that the injections work for about 3-6 months depending on dosage.
xonlywishesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:20 AM   #58  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentysixpoint2 View Post
-Gallbladder removal scars that look like worms crawling on my stomach
This made me smile... I couldn't really explain what my scars from my gall bladder removal looked like but you nailed it! Mine are more like two little worm holes and a inch worm workin it's way back over to one of it's homes. The 4th incision is in my bellybutton so not as noticeable. I just got mine out in January so my scars are very very red and still dimple in like a little pothole in my tubby belly! Doc says they will let up or un-dimple sooner or later.

As for the Botox injections for hyperhidrosis, omg, my eyes welled up just thinking about getting a shot in my armpits!! I hate needles but i think i'd be up to trying it at least once if i had a xanax on board before hand! If not they'd poke me once and i'd either pass out, smack someone, or say screw this and nevermind the rest!! I've also tried a perfume deodorant. I can not for the life of me remember the name of the brand-- when i do i'll post it. It was kind of expensive but actually worked pretty well. It was a bit waxy but worked better than regular deodorant... only thing i didn't like was it was a solid so when i was half way through the day it's all chunked up and balled up and occasionally fell out of my shirt onto the table or whatever happened to be there to catch it-- always embarassing me!! But i found that if i didnt use that much, like cake it on, it stopped that!!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #59  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face

Me too. I have PCOS too and yup, most all these symptoms too.

The worst for me is the stupid facial hair I absolutely hate it!!! I think I could deal with being fat better than that! It is so embarrassing and I refuse to let anybody get close to my face!!

Anywho...........I also have sensitive skin so shaving is a nightmare for me and those hair removal lotions break me out, so those are out. I also have the hair loss and that part is freaking me out. I feel like I'm gonna be this fat, hairy, bald lady.......

I have most all of the other symptoms as well: dark skin patches, skin tags, irregular periods, weight gain, insulin resistant and now Diabetic, dandruff

Also a great site for PCOS is Soulcysters.com. Shopaholic and I are both members in their message board there. Lots of great info as well as people who are going through the exact same things as you. There is also a PCOS thread in this forum too.

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:34 AM   #60  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

I also have PCOS symptoms (but 3 doctors have told me I'm really just fat and hairy, with naturally irregular periods!) I get thick, nasty, dark hair right under my chin/on my neck. It is so thick that depilitory creams don't work on it, and if I don't shave every other day, it looks like I'm growing a beard. I was able to use the creams on my back, but since I started hormonal birth control, the hair is much less noticeable there (or so I tell myself - when I do wear a bathing suit, it's always a racer back to distract from any potential hairs)

I also am shiny with stretch marks, but I always have this hope that they'll just become one big stretch mark, so I'll just be slightly shiny on my entire body. I really don't mind them as much - I've had them for as long as I can remember. My gallbladder scars, on the other hand - I'd gained about 100lbs after my gallbladder removal, so they're really nasty looking. Yay for being able to get off the 6g of fat/meal diet?

I really don't dwell too much on the negatives, though, and I'm happy that my body's sturdy and healthy.
staja is offline   Reply With Quote