Old 05-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Rose: Definitely! Especially when you factor in muscle as well. I've been different sizes myself at the same weight - the smaller the size just depends on how much muscle I have at that time. I'm only an inch shorter than yourselves!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:13 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Okay so I tried a new exercise over the weekend - squats with weights paired up with lunges.
h o l y * * * * !

I had the slowest walk of my life in my 4" heels going from my car to the office down the block.

Feelin the burn!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #183  

weighted squats and lunges are awesome
Old 05-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #184  

Smile

Well I did a Billy Blanks Bootcamp (Tae Bo) yesterday and it was pretty much all squats and lunges! excellent workout. Not feeling the burn nearly as much so that's a good sign.

Starting to see some toning in my upper body -- so the top part of the bikini will look good. Just give me a month or so and I'm sure I'll see major results on the lower half.

How's everyone else doing on the summer goals???
Old 05-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #185  
*~Sara~*

S/C/G: 155/146/127

Height: 5'7"

Cool

Preppingbride- That's awesome you've discovered the weighted aquats and lunges! Mega calorie burners those are :-) I have the Billy Blanks Bootcamp Dvd's too...they are intense!

Well ladies, i have joined back up wth gold's gym again. When I was a member there 2 years ago it was the best shape i had ever been in! I could see my biceps and triceps defined without even flexing, and my legs.....made me stop and stare! lol :-P So I am going to get back into the classes offered there and I'm really excited! I am so determined to get the thin toned and defined me out again...by mid-end of summer since i have procrastinated so much already :-/
RoseTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #186  
*~Sara~*

S/C/G: 155/146/127

Wink Oy

Hey ladies! Sadly I have gained a few lbs..but I will not hange my ticker because they are coming OFF!! LOL I am thinking about doing an induction phase of Atkins to get my sugar and carb cravings under control....it is out of control right now and I feel like it is a big reason as to why I over-eat so much lately. *sigh*

Looking forward to a successful week at the gym..I am going to get my butt to some classes this week..last week I just went a few times to use some cardio equipment and kind of scope it out. This week....I'm diving in!

Good luck to y'all this week as well :-)
RoseTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:36 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 175/161/135

Height: 5'5"

Can I join in? It's a little late but definitely have a goal to fit into a bikini by August.

I'll be going on my honeymoon then and despite whatever weight I'm at by that time .. I will be wearing a bikini no matter what. At this point in my life I'm tired of letting my weight hold me back from things.

It is a somewhat scarier option since obviously I do not want to be at this weight or look like this in a bikini then. It's been a good motivation to get my butt moving.

Plus there's no backing out since i've bought this pretty (and skimpy) tanga bikini already
prettikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

I would very much like to join in!

Been here a while....Lyria you are my inspiration We are both pears, about the same weight, and are from downunder (You Aussie, me NZ).

At the moment I have a good, balanced, exercise/eating routine that stops me from gaining weight but I want to gain muscle and lose a bit of flab! I don't have an issue with how much I weigh - just want to look firmer and be smaller!

That said - at the mo I'm 140, size 8-10 NZ...which is like a 2 to 4, generally Im the smaller in tops and dresses and the larger in skirts and jeans.

My routine is not realy a routine at all - I go to the gym and do weights and a bit of cardio when I can! But it needs to become more of a priority!
Fairy Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #189  

Aww, thanks Sarah! Its nice to meet a fellow downunder girl I agree though its definitely better to focus on being leaner and firmer than just lighter. I wish I had have realised that a little earlier.

I have to admit I am very much a routine person by nature. I love getting into a grove and going with it. That in itself can be a problem though because I have noticed that the body tends to respond better when you mix things up. I always have to force myself to try different things or I stall.

At the moment I am back into running more than spinning and upping the weights in Pump

Last edited by Lyria; 06-08-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:31 AM   #190  

I guess I began to realise that then I hit 63 kilos...and my body wasn't as lean, taut and toned as I had visualised 63 kilos would look like! So now Im just focusing on weight training, trying to up my lbm - tho i know it takes time and effort.

However, the semester is now over, and I have a month off university - so I now have the time to really focus! And then when next semester comes around I will try build more of a routine.

I think my biggest problem is that my mornings are my Me-time...so I struggle making it my exercise time, even tho essentialy exercise is Me-time!

The diet thing is blurgh...i do okay all day and then the evening comes and I snack....and eat crap...and the weekends are the same! I used to have the self-control, I just don't know where it's gone!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #191  

Hasn't been much action on this thread lately but I just had some beach talk with a friend just now! I have a little over a week to get a litle more toned than I currently am.... hmm, short deadline maybe? LOL

At least I think I'll try some of those tinting lotions. Quick fix bikini body.

How goes everyone elses exercise/diet lately??
Old 06-14-2008, 08:56 AM   #192  

Argh...im sick of my mid setion being *almost there* its nothing that situps or crunches will help - i have definition - it just is still thick on the edges! Still its a very long time til Bikini season here

I think i did okay today - I have been food diarying my emotions and planning my attack for days i know will be difficult. But i still ate too many crackers/snacky things today, and I had apple cake (it was goood goood though).

I have exams all next week - and dont want to get into the rut of not exercising and comfort eating! Im relying on you gys to make sure i dont!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

I think my goal is going to be cut short. I have lost about 11lb since I began about 2 1/2 months ago (yeah, VERY slow weight loss ) and I look exactly the same. My thighs are huge still, so no bikini for me this summer and next summer I'm going to be in school throughout the entire summer (Sept to last week of Aug my program is). Blah. It's one of those days that I just feel like giving up. I feel like I'm destined to be the fat girl for the rest my life. Sorry. Just needed to vent there.

Does anyone have any ideas for a horrible pear shaped body that just won't budge? I can mask the tummy, but the thighs are HUGE! I know you can't spot reduce, but is there any exercises that are more helpful towards the lower body? If I lose anymore from my top half, my guy friend will have more boobs then me.

Last edited by scorpio88; 06-14-2008 at 06:32 PM.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #194  

I have no idea sorry - if u find anything let me know!

There is an article called "How to pare down a pear" Google it
Old 06-15-2008, 03:41 AM   #195  

Scorpio - I'm a pear as well and we're about the same stats - I found that strength training helped with my lower half tremendously. Weighted squats and lunges as well as step ups are really good. This helps to get a much more lean, sleek look.

Running has also been great as well as RPM (Spin) again for toning purposes.

At your weight you probably just need to focus more on toning up than decreasing on the scale. You may stay the same weight but lose a few more centimetres.

Oh...and I know what you mean about having no top half...you only have to see my picture to the side lol. I lose like crazy from there and have protruding collar bones and upper breast bones. The plus side is I have very toned and defined arms