Old 02-20-2008, 12:19 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 150/139.5/120

Height: 5' 4"

Default Join late

Hi,
I am new, but this chalenge seems jsut right for me. The first nine Lbs I lost came off fast, but I seem to have really hit a platou (sp?). I think a bikini bod is the perfect inspiration for some increased abdominal training. All I can make myself do is run, so adding on some bikini needs sounds great. Any suggestions for ab exercises?
Emily
freshman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:09 AM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerSoup View Post
Did you buy the bikini already or just find one you like? Maybe I'll look for some on the internet, but even if I woke up with a perfect 10 bod I don't know if I'd feel ready to show too much of my pasty white skin! Hehe.
Well I found it on Old Navy's web site. It actually changed though. Its in the store but not on the site. The bottoms are kinda bright tye dye colored with some black and the top they have with it is a very bright green. I dunno. They had so many cute ones. We shall see. I am probably gonna end up with like 8 bikinis. Haha
Determined in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:23 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 140/125/115

Height: 5'4''

I'm SO in with this! I want to lose 10 pounds by March 20th. Dooable right?!
goleanmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:36 AM   #64  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

The more I read, the more it seems that losing 10 pounds in a month is less doable when it's your last 10 pounds. I wish I had a scale - I'm curious about my rpgress because I've completely over turned my habits, but I'm kind of discouraged. Not give up discouraged
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvenirdarling View Post
The more I read, the more it seems that losing 10 pounds in a month is less doable when it's your last 10 pounds. I wish I had a scale - I'm curious about my rpgress because I've completely over turned my habits, but I'm kind of discouraged. Not give up discouraged
You would be surprised. You never know what could happen. Sat optimistic!!! I think alot of diet issues are mind over matter. Like if your body is in but your mind isnt I think it can hinder you. I bet you will be fine and I bet you will make it!!!!

On another note. My 21st birthday is March 11th!!! I have another source of encouragement. I am getting a tattoo! Its will be on my back in between my shoulder blades. I want to be able to actually show it off. You wont be able to see it unless I am in a swimsuit but its another bit of encouragement.

Last edited by Determined in Texas; 02-20-2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: forgot somthing
Old 02-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #66  
*~Sara~*

S/C/G: 155/146/127

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post
rosetears and gatormanda, congrats on your losses!!

i've been doing miserably because i've been sick, so i haven't been to the gym all week and i've been pretty much eating whatever seems appetizing... at any rate i did NOT weigh myself yesterday and i think i might wait till next monday so i don't get too discouraged! this past week has been quite a setback.

oh but as for my ideal bikini- it's the one i already own but haven't worn in PUBLIC (i have worn it in a friend's hot tub, but that was judgement free and i weighed a bit less at the time!). I want to fit back into it and look good!
i have been sick too and haven't been able to hit the gym...it stinks!!! I hope you are getting better though. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined in Texas View Post
Yes it is! Thankyou!!!! It felt so good to wear that. I cant wait until I cant fit into the bikini I picked out. I am so excited. I cant wait till summer.

you look great!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshman15 View Post
Hi,
I am new, but this chalenge seems jsut right for me. The first nine Lbs I lost came off fast, but I seem to have really hit a platou (sp?). I think a bikini bod is the perfect inspiration for some increased abdominal training. All I can make myself do is run, so adding on some bikini needs sounds great. Any suggestions for ab exercises?
Emily
cardio is what will get it gone, and you can't spot train because your body loses weight uniformly off your body. so it wouldn't be any better to just train your abs. to really crank up your fat loss do 3-4 heavy weight training sessions a week to burn that fat off. building muscle will incinerate fat from your body, so you may not lose all 10 lbs...but your body will get smaller as if you had. make sense? try to focus on how your body looks at this point than the scale number. muscle definition is so sexy on a woman....work it girl! taking CLA will help dramatically as well. this is the one i started taking to help burn the fat off and keep the muscle i'm working so hard to build : http://scrimbring.qhealthbeauty.com/...?itemno=100280

Quote:
Originally Posted by goleanmachine View Post
I'm SO in with this! I want to lose 10 pounds by March 20th. Dooable right?!
Work it like there's no tomarrow it'll be HARD work but you can do anything you put your mind to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvenirdarling View Post
yes the last 10 will be tough...but not impossible you can do it! I can help you plan a workout routine if you need advice. same goes for all of you. let me know!
RoseTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #67  
*~Sara~*

Thumbs up Oral Hardware

So I had my orthodontic appt yesterday and got some good news: within the next 2-3 appts they will be coming off! <----Happy dance!! hehe I've been through so much to get a straight healthy bite, more than most go through...so to see my smile without metal involved will be an emotional day. I go in 4 weeks for my next check-up/adjustment and I will find out if the appt. after that is a go or not for operation de-brace which means they could possibly be off in 6 weeks.

My top teeth are very sore today though...*sigh* They haven't been this sore since I first started getting wire changes! I guess it's appropriate to end the journey in the same fashion as starting it: pain!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Rose tears- I can completely empathies with you about your teeth. I had braces for 4 and a half years retainers for 3 and a total of 14 teeth pulled (I was a mess) but now I have strong straight teeth and it was SO worth it! How exciting that you are almost done with that journey!

And what the heck is CLA?

Last edited by ella13; 02-20-2008 at 06:16 PM.
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #69  
*~Sara~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella13 View Post
Rose tears- I can completely empathies with you about your teeth. I had braces for 4 and a half years retainers for 3 and a total of 14 teeth pulled (I was a mess) but now I have strong straight teeth and I was SO worth it! How exciting that you are almost done with that journey!

And what the heck is CLA?
CLA = conjugated linoleic acid. it helps your body retain muscle mass and burn fat when you are dieting and lifting weights.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:06 PM   #70  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Quote:
yes the last 10 will be tough...but not impossible you can do it! I can help you plan a workout routine if you need advice. same goes for all of you. let me know!

Thanks RoseTears, we'll see when we get there.

When at the gym, my workout consists of just 40 min. on the elliptical. At home I go some yoga, crunches, push ups, trunk exercises, weights.

I have quite a bit of dairy, so I assume I consume a decent amount of CLA naturally - it's present in red meat and lamb as well. I know I don't want to lose weight consuming/doing anything I can't commit to to maintain it
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:13 PM   #71  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Ok girls take a look at the bikini I want!

This top:
http://www.victoriassecret.com/comme...ZZZ&rfnbr=1232

These bottoms:

There's even a matching skirt!
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:18 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitsmeagain View Post
Very Cute!!!!! I have a few picked out. I cant wait till my only problem is which one I want to wear instead of how I am gonna look in it. I want to be able to pick out one because I like it not because I have to worry about how it looks.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:26 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitsmeagain View Post

This top:

These bottoms:

That is a HOT bikini!!
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #74  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Ok, I ordered it (including the skirt)! I'm a little worried because the size chart told me to get a small when I'm usually a medium. I am looking forward to trying it on in my own home, and not in a changing room with terrible lighting! I think I'll dim the lights before trying it on LOL Off to the gym for a few hours where I will be swimming in my (one piece) speedo!
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #75  

I bet it will be ok. I cant wait to order mine. I cant choose at all. I really like this one though. Its my fav color and it will look good on me.

Top-
http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...scid=527184042

Bottom-
http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...scid=527185102

I really like this one but I am not sure. Any opinions?

Last edited by Determined in Texas; 02-20-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: found my bikini online