Old 01-17-2008, 09:47 PM   #1  
Wannabe Health Nut!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/128

Height: 5"4

Cool Common Things You've Never Eaten (and for no particular reason)

Any common things you've never eaten/drank (for no particular reason)?

Me:

- avocado (just think it's weird)
- buttermilk (not sure what this even IS.. something like liquid sour cream?)
- cottage cheese (disgusts me - looks like cellulite and I can't figure out whether it's supposed to be sweet or taste like cheese due to the things people use it for/put on it)
- blue cheese (looks nasty)

You?

Last edited by LittleMissMotivation; 01-17-2008 at 09:47 PM.
LittleMissMotivation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:50 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Twinkies (all Hostess cakes in fact), Little Debbie Cakes of all kinds, all common sugared cereals (Fruity Pebbles etc.), Cheez Whiz, Velveeta, Oreos, basically all processed packaged commercial crap!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #3  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

You've never had OREOS?? Omigosh.

I've never had any kind of fish that wasn't a breaded fast-food fish stick type thing, or tuna.
I've never had like... salmon, trout, haddock, no shellfish of ANY kind.. no shrimp, no lobster, nada.
Even now I don't eat breaded fish (not since I was 7 and my mother lied and said it was chicken fingers), nor do I eat tuna more than once every three years or so.

Basically, if it lived in water... I have no desire to eat it. That's weird, isn't it?
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:43 PM   #4  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Jelbb - I live in FL - on the coast line - grew up here...and I cannot stand to eat most seafood (I'll do it if I have to..and I wish this weren't the case...I really know it is good for you...but I can't stand the smell!!!) Seriously, growing up by the ocean...the smell of dead fish can be prominent some days...and I don't know why more people can't stand it for the same reasons I can't!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:45 PM   #5  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

YAY!! A fellow seafood hater!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #6  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Wow, I really can't think of ANYTHING I haven't eaten (other than things like...ants, cat, horse, turtle...).
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Default This is a bit of a stretch...

I've never had Durian (it's a fruit.) Primarily because it's hard to find in the states. I hear it has an unusual/awful smell, but if I ever get the chance I'll try it. That's about it! Now there are plenty of things I won't eat because they are unhealthy, but I've tried just about everything in the past.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

I didn't have rice for the first time until I was 19 years old.
we just didn't eat it in my house.
I was in culinary school at the time and everyone thought I was nuts not only because I didn't know how to cook rice, but that I had never eaten it.
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:38 PM   #9  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 272/265/165

Height: 5'7"

I have never eaten baked fish or salmon cooked any way
buttermilk
squash
Crystal lite(will try soon)
Just recently had kettle pop corn for the first time(good)
Just Fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I'm probably no good on this thread - I'll eat anything that doesn't eat me first! I take a great delight in trying everything at least once since I figure I shouldn't comment until I've tasted it.

And avocado is one of my ultimate favs! I'm having grilling salmon tonight We had durians the other day...they really do look strange lol.

I have to admit I don't like oysters and I don't like abalone...but I HAVE tried both.

I just love love love love love my food

But these days I savour...rather than hoover...my food lol.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:25 AM   #11  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I won't eat steak, pork chops, chicken on a bone, fish with bones, scallops, clams, crab, lobster (pretty much anything that LOOKS like an animal). I've attempted to eat like.. wings before but I usually start picking the meat off and then get disgusted and stop.

I used to not eat any vegetables up until a few years ago. Now, really the only things I hate (that I can think of) are mushrooms and greens.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:20 AM   #12  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Another non fish person here, and shell fish (thats more to do with the texture then the taste, same reason I dont eat mushrooms)

Last edited by irishkatt; 01-18-2008 at 03:21 AM.
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #13  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
YAY!! A fellow seafood hater!
I hated seafood as a kid until I tried whiting and talapia, but my fav. is CALAMARI, yummmy. I don't know anyone who's had the guts to try it that didn't like it. It's sooooooo good.
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/218/150

I'm one of those people who's at least tried pretty much everything. Well, I've never had the fancy French stuff like snails or frog legs, but being a vegetarian these days, I doubt I'll ever try them (or maybe I will, just to say I did)
I live in the deep south, and I must say, I really hate "southern food", like grits, cornbread, fried chicken, and collard greens. Pretty much every vegetable cooked "southern style" is cooked with a slab of pork fat and boiled until mushy. The first time I had grits, I thought it was applesauce, so my tongue was ready for something cool and sweet... let's just say the shock of that moment was enough to put me off grits forever! :-)
blackbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #15  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Lobster, shrimp, most seafood. I have a shellfish allergy and I hate the smell of fish anyway, so I just avoid all of it except canned tuna fish. I've had haddock before when I was younger with no reaction. Then I tried scallops (1/2 of 1 scallop) and had such a bad reaction I wouldn't eat any fresh fish ever again.

Lets see what else...
I've never tried kale. I've avoided it because it will be in a recipe, but not much of it. And I haven't wanted to have a lot of leftover kale and then throw it away (what if I don't like it?) so I leave it out of recipes that call for it. I've also never had collard greens or rhubarb pie, but I hear they are really good!

I also HATE mushrooms and avoid them like the plague! Its texture and taste - a deadly combo

Oh and blue cheese is DELICIOUS - you really need to try it!

Last edited by modkittn; 01-18-2008 at 08:29 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote