Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 12:38 AM   #1  

Default happy new year

hi everyone. i've never posted here much, but i'm hoping to change all that. how was everyone's holiday?

in case no one has seen the 2 posts i've made in this forum (), i'll introduce myself again. my name is carla and i'm from seattle. i'm 23 and i got about 200lbs to loose. i love the web, i love movies and i love music. i'm in dire need of some support

this is me:
Old 01-05-2002, 07:22 AM   #2  

CherryArmy-

I to have notice that the 20something thread is a bit slow!

I am 27 years old with over 100 lbs to lose. I started the LA Weight loss program in August 2001 at 288 lbs and I have currently lost about 40 pounds. It is coming off slowly but surely.

Do you have some sort of plan you are following?
Old 01-05-2002, 12:33 PM   #3  

Wink christine

hi jibbelle and cherryarmy,

I've also noticed this thread has been very slow.

I'm 22 and have 73lbs to loss. I'm trying to stick to weight watchers but the holidays through me off a bit. I am happy that I maintained my weight through the holidays though.

I'm also in dire need of support I'm looking forward to getting to know the two of you and hopefully we can get this thread more active.
Old 01-05-2002, 01:56 PM   #4  

Hello rwuchic-

I also had a rough time with the holidays. I think I lost a total of a pound in almost 3 weeks. Not so good! As of today I am really getting back on track. I am eating right and drinking all my water!
Old 01-07-2002, 09:51 AM   #5  
tummy

S/C/G: 170/153/130

Height: 5'3"

The scale has creeped over the 150 mark darn darn!
I have got to get this secretary spread under control ugh !
every extra calorie shows when you are short ! I must get
the big weight back off the 150 space ! Ugh I have zero
willpower !
Old 01-07-2002, 06:16 PM   #6  

Tummyflab-

Sorry to hear about your gain. Good luck getting back on track...I know how hard it is!
Old 01-11-2002, 01:48 PM   #7  

Default Newbie

Hi y'all! I'm new here, but I'd like to get involved in this. My name is Stacy and I'm 22, and I live in Mobile, Alabama. I've been overweight all my life, but now things have just gotten out of control and I'm determined to do something about it. I'm interested in exchanging recipes, tips, and ENCOURAGEMENT!! I need support too!
Let me know how the progress is going with y'all!

Thanks!
Stacy

ps - I started my diet Monday, and I've lost 4 pounds this week!!
Old 01-11-2002, 05:31 PM   #8  

Stacy-

Four pounds in a week is awesome!!! You are doing great. How much do you have to lose all together?

I have been doing LA Weight Loss since August and I have lost about 40 lbs. I still have a long way to go, but I am going to get there! I will weigh in tomorrow morning so I will let you know how I did this week.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:31 PM   #9  

Default A long way to go...

Thanks! Yeah, the 4 pounds is definitely encouraging, but I have a long long way to go. I guess I'd like to lose about 175 pounds or so. I'm doing sugar busters, and I really like it. It seems like it will be easy to follow for the most part. I picked one of the worst weeks possible to start this, so if I can handle this week (school stress, PMS, and work stress), I hope I can handle anything. A friend and I are going to start walking Monday night. I just hope that between the two of us, we can keep it up.
How about you? How does LA Weight Loss work?
Old 01-11-2002, 09:36 PM   #10  

LA Weight Loss is a pretty easy plan as well. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, lean protein, and a few carbs. It is kind of based on that food pyramid that you learned about in school as a kid. I have lost 40 lbs so far and have about 70 to go I guess. I am hoping by the end of summer I will be getting close!
Old 01-11-2002, 09:39 PM   #11  

sounds like you're on the right track!! i'm sure you can do it! why the goal for valentine's day?
Old 01-12-2002, 11:19 AM   #12  

I usually make a mini-goal for every holiday. It is so hard to think about trying to lose 100+ pounds. The mini-goals make it seem so much easier!

I went to weigh in today and was the exact same as last saturday. I guess it is better than gaining, but not exactly what I wanted.

Will have to keep at it, and see what next week brings!
Old 01-12-2002, 11:35 AM   #13  

Hey Guys,

I've been MIA for about week now. I had a rough week. My mom had a hysterectomy and I've been at the hospital everyday after work.

She came home yesterday and is doing pretty well. She's trying to do things that she shouldn't so me and my father need to babysit her a little.

Stacy- What a great loss. keep up the good work.

jibbelle- I know what you mean about goals. I set small ones because it is so much easier to loss 10lbs than it is like 50 or 100.
I like that weight watchers sets a 10% goal. Mine is 195 and I'm at 203. that means I'm 8 away from 10% gone. I hope to reach it by the end of February. I wanted to reach it by christmas but with all the holiday food and parties I'm lucky I'm not back at the begining.

Have a great Saturday you guys!!!!
Old 01-12-2002, 01:28 PM   #14  

Sorry to hear about your mom...but I am glad she is doing better. I know how hard it is to keep moms from doing all those things they are accustomed to doing.

I am sure you can reach your 10% goal by the end of February! Good luck to you!
Old 01-12-2002, 04:25 PM   #15  

Welcome Back! I completely understand about your mom. Mine's incredibly stubborn too. They don't know how to sit back and let people take care of them.
The mini-goal idea is great! I must admit, thinking about how much I have to lose is incredibly overwhelming. But I think I can handle a few pounds at a time.
How's everybody's weekend going? Exciting plans? I have no exciting plans at all. I work at a radio station, and I was on the air from 6-10 this morning and I'll be on the air again from 6-11 tonight. So that pretty much kills the social life. My project for the weekend is to get my apartment put back together - deep cleaning, etc. Ok, I think I've sufficiently rambled enough. Have a great day! Let me know what's up with y'all!

Stacy
Closed Thread