Old 09-27-2007, 11:01 AM   #1  

Default Have a really hard time

getting my 8 glasses of water in.. I have tried just plain water, flavored water, no luck.. i find myself running back and forth to the bath room every 15 mins and that is just not feasible for me. How do you guys do it?
jankijac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

I do run to the bathroom alot. I mix Lipton Diet Peach Tea with my water in those 32 oz bottles.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:10 AM   #3  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

You might want to check withyour doctor to see if you have an overactive bladder or something? I drink at least 3 quarts of water plus a few cups of coffee and other liquids every day and while I have to go pretty often (maybe every couple hours?) it's not every 15 min.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #4  

well I got all that stuff checked out at my last appt and nothing was wrong.. I guess the water just runs through me... I'm gonna try again to start the 8 glasses a day, cause I rely solely on diet soda which can't be good right? LOL

Imma get me a big bottle that I can swig outta all day...
Old 09-27-2007, 11:32 AM   #5  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

OMG!!! i thought i was the only one!!

on the very few days i get all my water in, i stay in the bathroom, which is a hassle because i only use the restroom across the street. all the *un-clean* students use the one in my bldg. plus i could use the extra steps.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #6  
Core convert

S/C/G: 150/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Ladies, I have had the same exact problem but believe it or not, you can train your bladder just like you can train your muscles to exercise. If I slack on drinking my water for a week or so, and then resolve to start again, I have to go to the bathroom very frequently because my body is not used to it. However, if you stick with it, it will get better. I used to go every fifteen minutes (very inconvenient for a college student since professors do NOT like you leaving their class) but now I am able to retain my water and I go in between each class...so roughly every hour and a half. It's all what you get used to!
lmills730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:44 PM   #7  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

The first week or 2 I tried to get the 8 glasses in a day, I was running to the bathroom too. But your bladder does get used to it. What I do now is carry a large(ish) water bottle around with me that has a sports top, so I can take a quick sip, but not a whole glass at once. I try to drink 3 water bottles a day.
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I also carry a large bottle with me and just sip it thought the day. I get the majority of my water in in the evening because I can go to the bathroom more because I am at home. But yes the more water I drink the more I have to go to the bathroom.

Some suggestion as to the point that you are having trouble getting plan water in add something to it. You can use the crystal light drink mixes (they even have them in single servings now or you can just add a plan piece of fruit -- lemon wedges, lime wedges, orange wedges, peach chunk, a piece of an apple. Some spas add cucumber to their water (I haven't tried it). Hopefully these are helpful.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:32 PM   #9  

thanks for all the suggestions ladies!
Old 09-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #10  

Height: 5'9"

Cucumber water, in my opinion, is fantastic.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:58 AM   #11  

I keep a bottle on my desk and refill it from the cooler throughout the day - it gives me something to do as I am kind a fidgety person. I need to get one of those water coolers for my house =)

The bathroom problem is bad, though - maybe once every half hour during the work day when I am constantly drinking water.
Jennt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #12  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

I drink about 2.5 to 3 litres of water a day (5-6 water bottles full) and I go to the bathroom every 1 or 2 hours. I also like to mix in those single-serving Crystal Light mixes-- they come in a store brand if you shop at Wal-Mart, you get 10 packets for $1.77 or so. But I only have one of those Crystal Light things a day, otherwise they'd be gone in like 2 days, lol. If you drink a lot of diet soda, I'm pretty sure that acts as a diuretic, but I'm not sure.
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:23 PM   #13  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I've actually heard that it's not good to drink so much water. This is maybe a bit extreme, but it's good to know (hopefully it's OK to link to wikipedia): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyponatremia

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/nutrition/water.htm

According to this website, I need to drink 28 8oz glasses a day. UM...
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:18 PM   #14  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

I've actually read that article on Wikipedia before. (Remember that mom who was trying to win a Nintendo Wii from a radio station by drinking water w/out peeing.. and she DIED of water intoxication?) I personally don't feel any ill effects drinking a lot of water, and I have been doing it for months.

Last edited by misschris531; 09-28-2007 at 04:19 PM.
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #15  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by misschris531 View Post
I've actually read that article on Wikipedia before. (Remember that mom who was trying to win a Nintendo Wii from a radio station by drinking water w/out peeing.. and she DIED of water intoxication?) I personally don't feel any ill effects drinking a lot of water, and I have been doing it for months.
True, but it is good to know what can happen if you do the extreme! IT's hard to imagine that you could drink so much water that you could die. CRAZY.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote