Old 04-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I went an entire 6 days without any alcohol!! Wow, was it hard. I had bought 4 bottles of my favorite wine and they all sat unopened for 7 days. I did have a martini on Sunday night, but that used up all my olives and vodka and I didn't buy any more until a couple days ago. I have all the fixin's for margaritas, but I didn't have one of those either. I feel great! Yes, I missed having cocktails after a busy day at work, but I lost weight. In just those 6 days I lost 2 pounds!!!

So, now I have an open bottle of wine on my counter. This is my chance to check my will power. Will I be able to make it until Friday or Saturday without having a drop? I'd like to lose another pound this week, and this is the only way I can think of doing it (I already am eating very healthy, low cal, low fat meals).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #77  

I love this chat! I try to limit alcohol to the weekend only. Last time I went on a major health kick I did not drink for 3 weeks straight... but yah I didn't keep that one up (it was no fun). It's hard to lose weight as a twenty-something year old.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:47 PM   #78  
Learning to love veggies

I love margaritas and Miller light. Luckily, I cannot seem to find either since I moved to Scotland, so my drinking has cut down considerably.

I am going home for a visit (Chicago) in three months, so I'll be sure to drink up then! :P
x Yael x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:45 AM   #79  
Bikini Season :)

i can definately relate! -

i drink - and on my walk home from my favorite bar is a 7-11. pick up whatever junk food i can (because when i drink - im skinny - go figure!) gorge myself and then crash!

wake up the next day going "whhhyyy did i get that candy and chips on the way home???"

heh - theres a reason why i order Captain and DIET cokes. - but i ruin it all on my way home. haha
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:46 AM   #80  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateRN View Post
heh - theres a reason why i order Captain and DIET cokes. - but i ruin it all on my way home. haha
Hmmmm, maybe try and switch to Bacardi and diet. My friend is a dieter too, and she did that a few months ago and it has helped tremendously. she doesn't even mind anymore, and she and the Captain have been madly in love since she was like 16. Captain has a lot more sugar. Give it a shot! Heehee, shot.
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 160/138/121

Height: 5'4"

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like since I have become more strict with diet and exercise, I have become less "fun" socially. On one hand, I love dressing up in my cuter (and smaller sized) clothes and going out. But on the other hand, I really don't enjoy things like going out for pizza and beer anymore because I feel so guilty the whole time. I wish I could just relax an enjoy myself without the guilt getting in the way...
pumpkinjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #82  
Debbie B.

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Default so glad I found this thread...

I honestly thought I was the only dieter that liked to drink! The thing is I think I would definitely be heavier if I DIDN'T drink. My problem is when I have a couple of glasses of wine I don't want good food I want junk...like chips and processed crap...Any ideas on what to eat during the day so I don't crave junkfood when I drink??
debbie1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

When I drink all I want is junk. My favorite is seasoned curly fries from Jack in the box. I recently moved to GA and there are no JIB's. Thank God or I would probably be even bigger than I am now. I usually go for Bacardi and diet. Currently doing SB so this is probably the longest I haven't had a drink since I moved. (14 days)
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:48 PM   #84  

You know what I love doing? On Fridays I do a happy hour directly after work. 2 glasses of white wine is all it takes me to get drunk as a skunk (because I haven't eaten since lunch). Then I get to go home late at night and I make a lean cuisine pizza and I feel like I'm cheating and having late night drunk food when really it's just dinner.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:05 PM   #85  
Tallahasss

Switching to diet mixers is the way to go! The calorie difference between regular coke and diet is huge. Also, if you're having drinks at home or at a party, you can get diet tonic or diet 7 or whatever. I like the rum and diet (with lime!) and also getting Vanilla and diet coke is good too. I went to a bar once that had cherry flavored vodka and that was sooo good with diet coke. Love the flavored vodkas! I know if I cut out liquor, I'd probably lose a ton without even trying. Oh well, not gonna do it!
ulapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #86  
Fat-be-gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulapie View Post
Switching to diet mixers is the way to go! The calorie difference between regular coke and diet is huge. Also, if you're having drinks at home or at a party, you can get diet tonic or diet 7 or whatever. I like the rum and diet (with lime!) and also getting Vanilla and diet coke is good too. I went to a bar once that had cherry flavored vodka and that was sooo good with diet coke. Love the flavored vodkas! I know if I cut out liquor, I'd probably lose a ton without even trying. Oh well, not gonna do it!
I love skinny b****es!!! Diet coke and Bacardi Limon is the best!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #87  

Does the flavored stuff have sugar in it?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:07 PM   #88  
Debbie B.

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Default happy hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster416 View Post
You know what I love doing? On Fridays I do a happy hour directly after work. 2 glasses of white wine is all it takes me to get drunk as a skunk (because I haven't eaten since lunch). Then I get to go home late at night and I make a lean cuisine pizza and I feel like I'm cheating and having late night drunk food when really it's just dinner.
I feel like I have to have Happy Hour EVERYDAY!! Drinking is such a social thing with my husband and I and its not limited to weekends...I think I'm going to try and fill up on lean protein and veggies and save my carbs for beer and wine.
debbie1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:45 PM   #89  
Tallahasss

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgirl77 View Post
Does the flavored stuff have sugar in it?
Nope, the flavored vodkas don't. And they're bomb. The fruity ones are good with diet sprite or tonic and the vanilla is soooo good with diet coke. Love it!
ulapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:16 AM   #90  

That's good to know. I don't mind drinking Bacardi but man the next day can be a rough if you have too much. I definitely prefer vodka. Thanks for the heads up