Old 02-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #16  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Jaime- he does get better with age, doesn't he?
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:58 AM   #17  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

do you put water in that them there mock'rita?
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #18  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

Well, I don't drink them anymore-I only drank that drink a few times in college, but I guess you could!

Another drink I like to make that gets some veggies in my belly as well is a cucumber martini. You need a juicer, and it is so easy...

Juice cucumbers that have been peeled and seeded, add lime juice and splenda to taste, then add vodka and ice and shake like crazy. Rim your martini glass with celery salt and pepper, pour (no ice in the drink), and enjoy!!!
JaimePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #19  

Height: 5'10''

Singapore slings do it for me, and are they ever good. I haven't had one since new years eve, although I have been told that I am drinking next week over the March break...I will be strong and only have one drink ... maybe two ... I don't want those lovely 7lbs lost to come creeping back again!
canadian chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:01 AM   #20  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimePhan View Post
When I was at my lowest, I was always thrilled to go to a show or a concert (I like Dave, but I was and still am a HUGE Phish Phan, may they RIP) and wear tiny tanks and gauchos and flips; before I was always hot bc I felt so uncomfortable in sleeveless shirts.
OMG I know just how that is! I am a huuuuuuuge Panic fan, and when I am literally a huge Panic fan (teehee) it just isn't as fun. I remember when I got to my lowest adult weight ever was during Phish's last tour and I was at the Hampton show wearing a cami and a cute skirt. It felt good to be able to get down without wondering if people were disgusted by my belly jiggling, or sweating in a t-shirt and jeans.

And, it doesn't help that my buddy that is always the only other girl that comes to shows is tall, blonde, and ultra (naturally) thin.

Hope you ladies have fun and safe spring tour travels, should you make any.
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:07 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 180/178/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm not going to lie, drinking is sort of my hobby.

Wine, beer, mixed drinks, you name, I like it. I don't drink every day, and I don't get wasted every time I do drink, but at the end of a long day I like to have a drink or two.

I'm not much of a dieter because I tend to obsess about food until I eat some of whatever I'm craving at the moment, but I do count alcohol towards my estimate of how many calories I'm eating. If I have a margarita with dinner, I eat less food.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one out there wishing they made diet rum!
AJ'sAwesomeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:34 AM   #22  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

another wine drinker here, but I'm not 20-something anymore! LOL

wine is my BIGGEST downfall. I'm the same. I can eat so healthy all day long but open that bottle and I'm pretty much history! I know, I sound like a drunk too!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:38 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 160/148/125

I too can eat healthy all day but at night will screw myself over by drinking way too much! I am afraid to even enter this weekend into fitday... I hate it when alcohol is the biggest wedge on the fitday pie chart!

I definately need to start being DD more often...
silver plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #24  
In Search of Collarbones

i need to be DD more too. My problem is that I.

love.

beer.

If loving it is wrong, I don't want to be right. And not light beer. I can't stnad light beer. Sigh.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #25  
Groovin 4 a small planet

Hahahahaha YES! Thanks to all for coming out of the woodwork! I thought I was alone...Like this weekend, I ate POP even with friends in town. I was GREAT, and I made them yummy foods that were SB friendly. BUT, I drank (between Friday and last night) about 2 bottles of wine, maybe more, and I had my first beers (3 to be exact) in over 6 weeks on Satursay.

Oh.

And I...um...I had bloody mary's with brunch on Saturday, but like I said, the food was South Beach phase 1 (I am in 2, but I eat more like phase 1 when I drink) friendly.

So, I drank way too many calories. I didn't weigh in on Saturday morning like usual, and I didn't dare get on the scale today. The alcohol is gone, and I plan on having a perfect week, no alcohol until Saturday 3/10/07, and I will weigh in that morning to see how much damage was done.

Point is, I had a great time, and I have to be proud of myself for eating POP (yeah, I ate SALAD while the guests and boyfriend had pizza from the best place in town) and I just have to make this work for me. Like it was said above, if drinking booze is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

I was at that Hampton show, by the way! I didn't want to go to the funeral (Coventry) so that was my last show.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:25 AM   #26  
Let's do this!

"the funeral"... nice. I know they will be back. I have a hard time picturing a world without a Phish tour. It's just ... odd... And I will be venturing to Bonnaroo!!! I am interning in Nashville and am banking on getting a media pass... I have become quite good at gaining access to shows w/out a GA ticket, so in a way, this kind of like my Everest. EDIT: and no dmb this year??? The one year I can actually attend???

Either way, Jaime, WTG on staying on plan. Sometimes I look back and tally up the glasses of wine and it's amazing how fast a bottle goes!

Futurepixie- I'm finding it hard to be right as well. I miss my microbrews! I am saving a bottle of champagne that was a birthday gift, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what to use it for. Decisions, decisions...
Old 03-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #27  
In Search of Collarbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
Futurepixie- I'm finding it hard to be right as well. I miss my microbrews! I am saving a bottle of champagne that was a birthday gift, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what to use it for. Decisions, decisions...
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants to be happy." --Ben Franklin

Bust into that champagne the minute the Police take the stage at the Roo! And then have a glass for me! I have sworn off Bonnaroo after the third year, but the lineup sounds crazy. However, I am saving my pennies to move to Colorado (from south carolina = lotsa pennies) and hopefully rewarding myself with lots and lots of shows at Red Rocks in cute clothes.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:03 PM   #28  
Let's do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepixie View Post
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants to be happy." --Ben Franklin

Bust into that champagne the minute the Police take the stage at the Roo! And then have a glass for me! I have sworn off Bonnaroo after the third year, but the lineup sounds crazy. However, I am saving my pennies to move to Colorado (from south carolina = lotsa pennies) and hopefully rewarding myself with lots and lots of shows at Red Rocks in cute clothes.
Well, if you are planning on lots and lots of shows at Red Rocks, be prepared for lots and lots of stairs!!! That's actually one of my favorite summertime things to do- just go out there and run some stairs and take in the view.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:19 PM   #29  
Groovin 4 a small planet

I had to swear off the Roo, too. Too much rain, too much heat, too many people. I think a piece of my soul is still stuck in the dirt of Tennessee.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Mmm. . .that cucumber martini sounds GOOD! I will have to try it!

Yeah, drinking is my hobby. I'm trying to cut back right now as part of the weight loss. . .but it sucks!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote