Old 01-11-2007, 10:27 AM   #16  

Height: 5'9

[QUOTE=martiniforme;1526591]Everyone has always said I carry my weight well, and you can't even tell that I weigh that much.[QUOTE]

People always told me the same thing!!!

I know that losing over 100 lbs. seems almost impossible, but you wouldn't believe how easy it is once you have your mind set on doing it!!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #17  
Goodbye Fat!

When I had to go buy new work pants in a size 16 because the 14s were killing me they were so tight.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #18  
Proud US Navy Wife

Hehe I've been told I carry my weight really well too.

As a bit of history, this is my second trip at 3FC.. last year, I went from 210 to 185 and then quit.

Well, I never really thought I put that weight back on... I mean, I knew I gained back a little, but I thought I really was maintaining. Then, one day when I was jeans shopping with my mother, I realized I could not fit into any size 14 jeans. I started crying in the dressing room... then promptly went back to VA, tried to work out for a week, then quit.

My moment of truth? I had a day off, and I started binging on "low-fat" chips right after boyfriend left for work. All of a sudden I stopped and said "What the **** am I doing?" I promptly put down the chips and got on the scale.... and had a heart attack. 200 lbs... not only was that higher than my STARTING weight the year before, but it was only 20 pounds away from my all-time highest weight (240 at age 16). Right then, I knew I just could not stand being overweight anymore.. and here I am!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:08 AM   #19  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

When i couldn't fit in any of my clothes anymore.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:14 PM   #20  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

I've been told many times that I carry my weight well also. People tell me I don't even look like I weigh 200. I've been told I weigh between 160-180. hah. Not true. I only share my real weight with people that I am close to. lol.

I guess, I am just tired of the stares, tired of being unhealthy, tired of my granny telling me I need to lose weight, and I want to look and feel great! I have been overweight since I was about 8 years old, and I think it's about time that I teach myself the proper way to eat, and to live.
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #21  
On the beach

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 5' 0"

I've wanted to lose weight for awhile, my original goal was 10 pounds by Christmas, but I had a few hiccups along the way. I think the first wake-up call was realizing I hadn't lost any weight since March in September and recently, having to have my gall bladder out...
newarmywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #22  
I <3 Alessandra Ambrosio

S/C/G: 205/170/150

Height: 5'2

I had just finished with Highschool and I was in a size 22 which we estimated that I was 205-210 pounds. That's when I realized I was too big. I couldn't find any cute clothes and seeing smaller people made me cry. I was always picked on in highschool.

That's when it happened to me that I had to lose my weight and get it off. I actually didn't start losing weight til 2003/2004
littlepoet12281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 10"

Yes, people have always told my that I carry weight well, and that most of my weight comes from my height! That's great and all , but I still have to buy big pants.
I guess I just got to the point where I always felt sluggish and tired. When I exercise and give my body the food it needs, I feel so much better.
Also, I want to have babies and be noticably pregnant, not sorta fat-sorta pregnant!
Aquanetrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #24  
I <3 Alessandra Ambrosio

S/C/G: 205/170/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquanetrocker View Post
Also, I want to have babies and be noticably pregnant, not sorta fat-sorta pregnant!
I agree with you here. I had a big scare when my cousin almost couldn't fit into her wedding gown. I was wondering if when that time ever came if I would have that same delima but I'm not speaking that on myself. I too want to be noticably pregnant and not have people wondering if I am or if i'm not.
littlepoet12281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:06 PM   #25  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

i think the wakeup call for me was when everyone else i know became weight obsessed. i never have been altho i have always been fat. so i bought a scale, and it said 298. that freaked me out. ive been working weight watchers for a year now and when i do it, it works, and when im bad it doesnt. but im determined to lose the weight. the wierd thing is that im tall (5'9") and i usually wear a 20/22 but i carry my weight evenly that no one believes that i weigh as miuch as i do.
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #26  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

I was between 250-260 in high school (2002). I think I was 26-28? I can't remember, and really don't want to. LOL. I started to change my lifestyle in Jan 2003. I started walking more, switched to diet drinks. Also, I didn't eat as much because my lactose intolerance was real bad. Seemed like everything I ate made me sick. In that year I dropped down to 200-220 something like that, I didn't really measure how much time it took. Today, I still haven't gained back that weight. Now, I am going for the goal this year, counting calories, exercising a lot more, and watching my emotional eating..which I have been doing good so far since I joined this amazing community!
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #27  
I can do it this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspuffypants View Post
i t. so i bought a scale, and it said 298. that freaked me out.
That's the same with me. There was probably a long time where I didn't look at the scale and I know I had to be over 300lbs but I didn't want to look at the scale at all. I ended up buying a scale 6 months down the road from that and saw I was 298 I ended up freaking out. My family ended up going to Oahu for vacation and I felt so ashamed I couldn't fit in the seat belt, it wouldn't clasp. If only there was an Inch or two more, so I threw on a big sweatshirt folded my arms around my waist and leaned over to look at my grandma's magazine, I was so embarrassed.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #28  

Height: 5'9

Oh, not fitting into seatbelts was the WORST!!! I remember going to an amusement park with a big group of friends. Actually, it was the first time that I met my husband's (boyfriend at the time) friends. We all went to get on this older roller coaster and I could barely fit into the seat. Then, I couldn't get the seatbelt to buckle. I had to get off because I couldn't fit. That was the absolute worst!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #29  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I NEVER thought I would have allowed myself to weight over 200 lbs. Never in a million years. I guess it just goes to show how far in denial I was that I let myself get 35 lbs over that. Bah...
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #30  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I broke my ankle (like, pins and plates and screws broke). I had been trying to lose weight by exercise alone up to this point and ignoring the food issue all together. I then found myself alone and incapacitated and got so frustrated that I couldn't move. I ordered $30 worth of chinese food and declared when it was gone that I had had enough. I spent the next 4 days on my couch living off of diet pepsi and cigarettes and mapped out how I was going to change my life. As odd and bizarre as it all sounds, it was a total spiritual fast and it revealed me to myself.

Sometimes the worst things that happen to us turn out to be the best.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote