Old 03-27-2007, 02:18 PM   #61  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I had been watching what I ate and exercising where I could for several months. When I was able to start going to the gym again, I was happy because I had "maintained my weight"...after about a month, I was shocked to realize that I had been reading the scale wrong. Instead of being 166 -- a weight I had been for 5+ years -- I was 186. I had packed on 20 lb even though I had thought I was taking such good care of myself! That was a real slap in the face, and I realized that things had to change, or else I was just going to keep gaining. To be honest, I'm glad I got that wake-up call before things really got out of control...but it was still hard on the ego.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #62  
.::On a Mission::.

S/C/G: 257/*Ticker*/150

Height: 5'2"

This Morning! ... I'm at my highest weight ever 248. And this on a 5'3 frame ...not very appealing ... lol ... I was actually expecting worse ...as Winters are the hardest for me! Yeah ... I remember being upset when I got to 220 three years ago ... wow ...
MadamePJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:47 AM   #63  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Mine was not being allowed to go skydiving when on holidays as I was too fat. I had a good cry that day (and topped it off by going quad biking and having it fall on me!)

I went sandboarding the next day and the walk almost killed me. Everyone else went four to five times, I only did it twice because I couldn't walk up. I'm trying to positive think, so they'll make great 'before' shots!
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:48 AM   #64  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

I weighed 265 at my heaviest, I wasn't allowed on a rollar coaster once.. which seems to be a theme here.. the funny thing is that I've NEVER told that story to anyone-- Boyfriend, Mom.. the only ones who know that happened were the people that were there with me... you dont know the relief to hear that's happened to other people!!

My big one was when my insurance premium raised due to my BMI.. ouch.

Last edited by WakeMeForSummer; 03-28-2007 at 11:01 AM.
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:17 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 235/219/150

My "oh no" moment happened last fall. I was talking to a male friend of mine who was having all sorts of problems with his (ridiculous and manipulative) girlfriend. He mentioned something about how we had so much in common but he wasn't into heavier women. I'm not interested in him and never have been, but it made me think about what other opportunities I might be missing out on because of my weight. It was shallow, I know, but it started the gears in my brain turning and they haven't stopped yet.

The next kick in the pants came last month. I'm looking for a job, and was talking to my dad about how frustrated I was that I couldn't seem to find anyone who wanted to hire me. He said that there was a very real chance I was being discriminated against because of my weight (especially since I'm looking to be a waitress again). People seem to equate being fat with being lazy, and who wants to hire a lazy person? It kinda hurt my feelings, but when I realized he hadn't said it to hurt me I started to agree. I realize these are not the greatest reasons but they appear to be working.
kella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:28 AM   #66  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

There were a lot of early indicators and warning signs that I ignored at first. They would spark me for a little bit but then I'd give up my diet days later.

My breaking point was probably when I was pulled out of my basketball practice (I play college basketball) by my coach because I was lagging in our running drills and was told that I shouldn't even be a college athlete and that I was unhealthy due to my weight gain from my freshman year. I had gained a lot of weight since college started I was in denial and thought no one could notice, even when some of my clothes didn't fit me anymore. But when my coach talked to me it really hit home- people could notice and it was beginning to adversely affect my health and athletic performance, two things I care greatly about.

I did a lot of crying but also a lot of thinking that night. It took me a while to start this program from that day, but it was definetly my lowest point. And that is what fuels me to lose weight now- to be the best I can be.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:51 PM   #67  
*confetti*

S/C/G: 270.9/176.1/165

My brother got married in 2004 and I needed some slacks for the rehearsal dinner. I knew I had gained some weight, but thought that I was just an 18.

So I went to the mall and it was obvious when I hit the first department store that an 18 was wayyy too small for me. The only place I could find a pair of pants that fit was at Lane Bryant. That was a shocker because I never thought I would get so big that my only clothing options would be at a plus-sized store.

So while I certainly wasn't in denial anymore, it still took until Febuary of 2005 to actually get started.
Zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

you would not fricken believe it i went to 191 wtf is wrong with me i cant get enought moments to get it through my head that im just going to keep growing . .. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:55 PM   #69  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

For me, the big thing was being at a Peace Corps information session at my school and being so excited because I KNEW that's what I wanted to do. Someone asked about medical clearance and the Peace Corps guy said that obese people are generally not given clearance and it is much more difficult for an overweight person. He also said that in the general interview, that might be seen as a negative thing. That was a huge wake up call for me. It's 2 years away before I have to start the application and I want to be within the "normal" range by then, which for me is 149.

Also, I'm going abroad for a full year next year to Europe and/or Latin America. I don't want to be shy and concerned about my weight the entire time!
charolastra00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 294/264/140

I always knew I was big, but I had thought for years that I weighed 255 (averaged out over fluctuations). When the scale at school and at my parent's house agreed that I was 294, I was shocked. Then more things happened... I started not fitting at booths in restaurants, and couldn't make it through a rotary entrance at a grocery store. That made me ready to look past all other obstacles and just lose weight.
khep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #71  

hmm..well i knew i had gained weight from abroad, and i wanted to lose it..but when it really hurt was two days ago, a woman who was one my supervisors for my internship in china last summer said i got a lot fatter. in chinese culture, it's common to say things like that. lol. ouch.
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:59 PM   #72  

2 years ago. And then a few days ago.
ordinarysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:36 AM   #73  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

the last couple of days when i was in the hospital, i saw 3 doctors and had 4 nurses taking care of me. every single one of them asked me about diabetes, and then put me on a low sodium diet and gave me food my dogs wouldnt eat. oh well atleast i'm finally out of the hospital.
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #74  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

The reason why I am losing the weight this time is just b/c of my pregnancy.

But I lost the same amount of weight last year before I ever got pregnant. I made my decision in December 2005...I looked at myself in all of the Christmas pictures and I was just not happy with myself...I also hadn't gotten on the scale in a long time..so when I finally weight myself and saw that I weighed 175..I was shocked because that was the most I have ever weighed. So it motivated me to lose 35 pounds...

So I just hope I can get back down to that weight..because I look at the pictures of me right before my pregnancy and that is definitely my motivation...
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 300Lbs/297Lbs/200Lbs For now..

Height: 5'8

My big shocker was about a week ago when I stepped on the scale and it read 300Lbs... About 6 months ago I was 260....I moaned and groaned for 5 days and then found this website.. I started my diet on the 6th and have lost 3Lbs so far... but let me tell you... My poor Boyfriend had to stay up with me after I got off this scale. I cried and cired and he sat there and said something I will never forget.
"Karlie, you know that I will love you at 100Lbs, 200Lbs, 300Lbs, and 400Lbs. That is not the issue here. You need to love you."

Which made me cry even more.. and now here I am. Fightin' the goof fight
Karlie is offline   Reply With Quote