Old 06-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

That happened to me about a couple months ago. I stepped on a scale that said I weighed 180, and I just denied it. I thought, "There's NO WAY I could POSSIBLY weigh 180!!" Then, after several scales told me I weighed 180, I freaked out and thought, "Crap...I REALLY DO weigh that much!! That's how much my DAD WEIGHS! NO NO! I don't wanna be as big as my DAD!!!" I STILL honestly don't know how I could weigh as much as I do (at 175 now) - I'm not incredibly large... I've taken full body pics and videotaped myself and am always surprised at how *not* fat I look, considering what I weigh. I'm also only a size 10-12, which certainly isn't small, but yeah... I just don't get how I weigh so much. It baffles me to no end. Maybe I just "carry it well" too - most people guess 140-155 for me. I've been told I look "normal sized" and "not overweight" many times, BUT the fact I AM twenty pounds overweight will eat away at my ego until I fix it... not to mention I'm a hypochondriac and afraid that it's unhealthy.

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 06-08-2007 at 01:18 PM.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinichick View Post
It happened to me today! I got weighed at the gym... Holy Whoa! I realize why I don't weigh myself. But, on the upside of things, even though I've gained, my body fat % has gone 5%... and I don't think I look bigger... ugh! Talk about unrealistic expectations. I am the perfect example of what happens when you work out like a mad woman and totally neglect the food part...
I feel you there... that happened to me the last couple weeks. I was doing well with the dieting bit, then I gave in and ate junk. I worked out for at least an hour every day though... I didn't gain any weight, but I didn't lose any, either... and I look a tiny bit smaller, but I want that stupid number to go down SO BADLY!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #78  
science nerd

S/C/G: 302/ticker/151

Height: 5'8"

I guess my shocker didn't really have to do with how much I actually weighed. I've been around 270-280 for around 2 years, but I never cared enough to do something about it. Well one day my best friend and I decided we would go for a walk up a mountain near my house. There are a lot of quad trails and such that take you to the top and the grade isn't too bad. At the beginning of college when I was in reasonably good shape (but still a bit heavy at 210), walking up this mountain would have been no problem. But oh man, I could hardly breathe after ten minutes of walking! I had to keep stopping for rests the whole way up. That, along with some other factors (I was always feeling tired and depressed, my self-esteem was at an all-time low, etc), made me decide to start doing something.
shadowclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:57 PM   #79  
Ready to do it!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
My big shocker was about a week ago when I stepped on the scale and it read 300Lbs... About 6 months ago I was 260....I moaned and groaned for 5 days and then found this website.. I started my diet on the 6th and have lost 3Lbs so far... but let me tell you... My poor Boyfriend had to stay up with me after I got off this scale. I cried and cired and he sat there and said something I will never forget.
"Karlie, you know that I will love you at 100Lbs, 200Lbs, 300Lbs, and 400Lbs. That is not the issue here. You need to love you."

Which made me cry even more.. and now here I am. Fightin' the goof fight

Karlie! That is the sweetest thing that he said! Good luck! Let us know how you are doing!!
4thebigday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:08 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

I've been overweight my whole life. To this day, I remember thinking, "How ironic," when I was 12 and wore a size 12. All through high school, there was always someone bigger...so I felt ok. I wasn't the biggest. Well, then I got married and lazy Now everywhere I go (granted we're stationed in Japan), I AM the biggest. Talk about an eye opener.

We went home for Christmas this last year and I had to ask for a seat belt extension. So embarassing. Not to mention an international flight crammed in the itty bitty coach seat (unable to raise the armrest) next to someone you don't know. None of these fazed me. I came home and kept on being lazy, eating what I wanted when I wanted it. One day I saw a picture of me. I looked like my mom. The one thing I always promised myself I'd never do is let myself go and be a big as my mom. Here I am able to share clothes with her and I thought, "No...no more."

Even those weren't enough to motivate me. Finding 3FC is honestly and truly what did it. I spent hours and hours looking at posts, seeing beautiful before & after pictures, reading posts other people had typed that were my words and feelings...verbatim. I thought, if these guys can do it, so can I!
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #81  
PBL
han - working in kilos

S/C/G: 75/75/58

Height: 169 cm (5'7)

My shocker was about a week ago when I stepped on the scales at the gym, and it said I was 165 pounds ... and realising my taller, buff boyfriend weighs only 10 pounds more than me when he used to weight fifty more than me.

Then I realised none of my clothing fits. I am constantly out of breath and uncomfortable ad I don't want it to snowball - if I don't change now I will just keep gaining.
PBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:05 PM   #82  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

My defining moment was when I came home from college, sat around on my butt, and finally weighted myself one day only to find the numbers said 206! That's my highest ever, especially when you consider that I originally came into college weighing 190 on average. It's pretty bad when you're huffing and puffing just coming up the steps to go into your house! It's still a daily struggle, and I haven't lost as much as I would like, but I'm hanging in there. I'm just glad I'm back down under 200. I'm also wearing size 14 low rise jeans, when before my highest were size 20's.....every little motivation helps!
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 240/225/175

My big shocker was a little over a week ago. I was at the doctors and stepped on the scale to learn I weighed 240 pounds. I decided enough was enough and when the doctor asked if I had any concerns, I told her my weight. We looked back at my medical charts and realized I've put on 65 pounds in 5 years, and 20 of those were in the last year alone. She gave me an menu for 1600 calorie a day, and I went home, bought the groceries I needed and joined a gym that very day. I've only lost 8 pounds so far and you can't tell by looking at me, but it's so close to 10 pounds that it feels like a huge accomplishment!
kiss me kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #84  

When I started staying home, or staying behind, because I was too embarrassed of how fat I was/am.

When I'd rather wear jeans and a long sleaved shirt and be miserable, than wear shorts and a tee even when its over 100 degree's in the summertime, just because I want to hide my body.

When I won't do my most favorite exercise in the world (swimming), because I refuse to wear a swimming suit.

When I hide and keep my mouth shut at social events for fear that the guy I like (and always happens to be around), might see me, and think "gosh she's fat".

Yeah. Thats just some of the slaps in the face I've had in the past months, that have made me realize, I need to change.
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:12 AM   #85  
Jmeezay

As I've mentioned in my intro thread, I evaluate restaurants for work. So during my first year of the job, I gained about 10 pounds. I've been a size 12 since about 11th grade and I wanted to maintain that (if not get smaller). Therefore, I started exercising 3-4 times a week and lost the weight. Cool. But the holidays came and I stopped going to the gym. Hadn't worked out since.

Then I looked at myself in my undies the other day and didn't like my belly. Everything else looked totally fine to me, but I didn't enjoy that my stomach looked more bloated than I felt it should. That day, I started working out again. I also looked for websites like this one for support and ordered Turbo Jam (I need a portable workout, as I travel for work a decent amount). I 've also started being more careful about what I order while I'm eating for work.

I've lost about 2-4 pounds so far (we'll see what I weight tomorrow morning) and I'm definitely feeling better overall. People also say I carry my weight well (and I agree) but I know I can definitely stand to lose a few. Plus, exercise is healthy and I want to be a hot 40 year old someday! *LOL*
Old 06-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalique View Post

When I'd rather wear jeans and a long sleaved shirt and be miserable, than wear shorts and a tee even when its over 100 degree's in the summertime, just because I want to hide my body.

When I won't do my most favorite exercise in the world (swimming), because I refuse to wear a swimming suit.

I totally could have written this! I move back to Oklahoma next month, and I am not looking forward to 100 degree heat in jeans! I love to swim, too, but haven't been in a swimming suit in at least 5 years.

I don't know if I've had one shocking moment that has inspired weight loss, unless you count the time when I was about 10 years old. My sister and I were in a big fight and went to our father who said, "Everyone knows that Karina is the smart one and L is the pretty one." Ouch, that stung for both of us! I knew he didn't think I was as pretty just because I was overweight. My recent kick-in-the-behind is because my 10-year H.S. reunion is the end of September, and I'm ready to lose some left over baby weight that has now hung around for 15 months!
Karina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:57 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 295/262/170

Height: 5'4"

I basically hit rock bottom 2 weeks ago when fighting with my boyfriend he made me realize I was so upset/depressed/angry all the time because I was upset with myself. I cried for hours and he sat there and held me telling me he'd help me get through it.

One other thing is that I live with my boyfriend and his family....tiny family. His sister and mom are about 100-105 lbs and my boyfriend weighs about 120 lbs (that's pushing it). So here I am being the whale of the house. And his mom is saying she needs to lose 10 pounds and it just made me so upset... I almost weigh as much as all three of them put together!!!

I got on the scale and it said 294. I made a promise to myself then and there that I had to get the weight off. I have a terrible family history with heart disease and I refuse to be another statistic.

And I live in Ga where it's about a million degrees and never rains. We call it **** lol. Next year I want to be able to wear shorts in the summer not 3 layers of clothing.
MeOwww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:51 AM   #88  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! I'm new, and this thread immediately caught my eye.

I see I'm not the only one to tell myself "once I hit xxx, that's it, I'm going on a diet!" I guess now I see I've been doing that most of my life. The last few months I've been quivering with fear at how near to 200lbs I weighed in awhile back, and I knew I was still gaining. The final straw was one of the "dreaded" shopping trips with the boyfriend's parents where nothing in a size 16 looked acceptable anymore (those are MY thighs?!) and I caved and bought my very first pair of capri pants in a size 18.

I love them and feel adventurous for showing even a tiny bit of leg (I'm a constant heavy pant-wearer in the heat of Phoenix/Tucson, AZ), but each time I remember they're 18s I get a little more depressed, and I know I'm taking it out on my loved ones. This isn't how I want to live my life.

So here goes nothing. With the motivation all your stories have lent me, it's high time I say "enough is enough" and whip myself from the worst to the best shape of my life (here's hoping!).
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 136/136/120

Height: 5'0

My wake up was when I realized that my engagement ring is getting too tight for my chubby fingers when it was almost too loose when my fiance gave it to me 6 months ago. How depressing. I'm getting married on June 21, 2008 and I want to look extra pretty and at this point I don't even have the self esteem for getting into a swim suit, much less a fancy wedding dress.
Feisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:55 PM   #90  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

my highest weight is right now.... 224+. I don't even want to get on the scale. I'm going to give myself four weeks of good eating an exercise, and then try the scale. If i do it now, i'll be in total freak out mode: I promised I would NEVER weigh more than when I was pregnant.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote