Old 01-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #31  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Fae: Way to go on reaching your half way point and over the holidays at that!!

June: That sounds sooooooooo good!! I'm gonna have to try it next time i'm out!

Dolly: Good for you for keeping up your workouts.. That's where I lack.

Slimming: Welcome back!

Tracey: I know you can make your goal.

Daisy: Glad to hear you're doing ok. I had my wisdom teeth out last year.. it wasn't really as bad as i was expecting.. The first day I took my pain killers and after that all was well. Piece of advice.. do not take pain pills on an empty stomach!! LOL Not a good thing. You should do fine with the extraction. Good luck! And yes, don't lurk! LOL

Steph: Wow to have each night by yourself.... aaaahhh.. jealousy... lol.. I would go nuts after 1 night though. A few weeks ago my family was out shopping allllll day, around 1pm, i was kinda bored & it felt sooooo weird without them. Enjoy it!!

I had the hardest time walking down stairs today and getting up outta chairs.. Holy moly my legs are KILLING me! I could only do a 25min DVD workout tonight due to them hurting sooo bad.. 5 more minutes than i achieved yesterday so it's improving..lol.. Can't wait til they stop hurting.. Tomorrow is the big 3.0. day.. Doesn't even seem possible! I'm not stressing over it though.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #32  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

OK just got back from the gym. May have to modify my running schedule though my legs were killing me half way through. Felt nice to be at it again, that old familiar warm stinging on the front of my thighs. Gotta love it right? Put me down for 45 minutes of workin it!

Amb- Yeah I am sure I am going to go nuts. He is a sports writer and he just moved to a paper that has a 2 a.m. deadline. Since I work 9-5 and he will be working like 5-2 we will hardly ever cross paths Sad but what each of us needs to do at this point in our careers. So that should mean lots of workout time right?
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #33  

I know I have not posted in a VERY long time. Lets just say since the last time I posted I have completely stopped working out and have eaten huge feasts for every meal (I had no work for about 2 weeks so I spent the whole time just being a bum with my boyfriend, which don't get me wrong was amazing but now I can not comfortably wear my jeans with out unbuttoning the top button). I decided I would start my diet on January 2. So I figured on January 1 have one last Chinese dinner (my FAVORITE!!!).

We were walking home and someone actually yelled out of the car window at us "Fat girlfriend!"

So that was the final straw. 2 days have passed and I have been PERFECT. I worked out in the morning, walked to work and home after work, and cut the bread out of my lunch and dinner and no desser after dinner. I don't plan to stay this strict for too long, just to kickstart my losing weight. I have gained 20 pounds in 6 months and I need to do something drastic...
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #34  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Steph: When dh & I first got married, that's kinda what our schedules were like. How long have you been running?

Cookie: Welcome back! Some people are sooo rude! They put others down to make them feel better about themselves.. I'm sure you're a beautiful lady.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #35  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Thanks for the warm welcome back! I did decent on my eating today and I worked out twice! I have been feeling really run down lately and its AMAZING how getting my butt in the gym makes me feel SO much better!! And it makes eating better easier too.

Lizzie- I've been thinking about buying the Bob Greene book too. And you look fab in your avatar!! So slender

Jenne- WOW 100 crunches a night! Your my hero!

Teahoney- Woot for you for getting the courage up to get on the scale and gratz for it not being as bad as you thought! You can so do 104 in a year!!

Daisy- GL with the wisdom teeth- I'm glad I had mine cut out before they ever came in!

Stephie- My husband and I went through the same thing for about a year and a half. I worked 2nd shift, he had a noraml schedule. It was hard! But you learn to REALLY cherish the time you do have. And its nice alone time too. We both have 9-5 schedules now and thats nice!

Cookie- Glad to see you back! Gratz on your perfect start! Keep up the good work!
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:45 PM   #36  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

cookie - how horrible! good on you for turning such a negative thing into a positive and getting yourself on the wagon. just remember that although you may feel desperate the weight did not gain over night and won't disappear over night. in fact, the slower you lose the weight the more likely it is it will stay off.

best of luck!
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:18 AM   #37  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Hey chickadees. Just wanted to pop in and give ya'll your daily dose of the giggles. (Posted this in the Wanna stay fat thread too, but it just need to go here as well)

KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #38  
Goodbye Fat!

Just a quick hi! Sitting through a presentation right now. I have to present in about an hour. It is just so boring sitting through something that you already know about, right. Everyone have a great day!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:43 AM   #39  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Hows it going ladies? I am just sitting here at work plugging away. I have a ton to do so should be really busy. Just found out we are having a celebration work lunch tomorrow at a mexican food restaurant. Hmmm...how to be good when you are there for 2 hours and everything is free?!?!?! Oh and did I mention I have a mexican food addiction lol. My legs are sore from the run last night but I am going to the gym on lunch to get some strength training - arms done. Hubby actually has tonight off so don't want to have to leave him and go to the gym. Hopefully he wants to go too lol. Yeah right.

Ok check back later! Be good chickadees!

Cookie - Welcome back hun. i think a few of us have been MIA for a little while. New year new start, don't be a stranger! BTW that is awful about what happened to you but way to take like by the reins and stay positive.

amb - About a year now, but I took a super long break and so my body has become lazy again.

slimming - Isn't going to the gym really a kick in the pants. I swear it is so hard to actually go for the first time back but once it becomes more regular you just feel good.

Lisa - That cartoon is so cute! Thanks for the giggle.

Dolly - just daydream your way through it lol. Luckily most of my meetings are conference calls so I can doodle.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #40  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Jenne- My body never wants winter! If I could find a place it was around 75 all the time I'd be in heaven. Hope you start feeling better soon though

Tracey- Skinny clothes are my main motivation too. Everything I've read has said that weighing once a week is probably the best way to stay on target and not obsess about the numbers.

Daisy- Thanks! I thought you ladies would appreciate that picture. Taking goofy pictures of myself is waaay easier than takin normal ones.

Stephie- Good for you for using your new alone time to do good things for yourself. Oooh mexican food. I have an addiction too. Me and my therapist have actually talked about it But you know how to approach it.. don't go in starving, drink lots of water, stay away from the fruity drinks, and pick stuff thats gonna make you feel better for eating it, not worse.

Jenna- Welcome back girl! You and I both need to get back on track now that the holidays are over.. No more excuses!! And.. seriously.. "fat girlfriend"? Please sounds like a pathetic jerk to me.

Slimming- I think this book is a little easier to follow than some of his other books. Maybe not easier.. but just more gradual. His philosophies and stuff are the same. I would recommend it, but I love him so...

Lisa- @ that cartoon. That is so true.. although sometimes I feel like the boy hippo myself. I always go for the cutest or buffest ones.

I'm trying to stay busy at work so I don't leave and go try to find snacks to keep me company I went out to two bars last night and didn't drink! But I did have some cheesy stuff... so I'm 1 for 2 right now. I'm not going to beat myself up about it because I think feeling guilty about it would just manifest in bad behaviors later, ya know?

I did make it to the gym last night and had another good work out. My ex showed up. Is there no sacred place anymore?? hehe.. Tonight I'm going to try to push myself and afterwards I'm staying home and away from the appetizers! I'm also considering trying the couch to 5k program since some of you guys have had good luck with it.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:40 PM   #41  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Ok mission lunch time workout was a total success (go me yay!) Went and did 33 mins of intense strength training. Had I been taking breaks and not supersetting my moves it could have taken an hour or more. But time is of the essence lol. Man am I going to be feeling this one tomorrow. Oh and did I mention today is day 4 of no desserts and no drinking my calories? This may be the longest I have ever gone...day is not over though right?

Where are all my other chickies at?

Lizzie - Your right, thanks for reminding me to control myself lol. Yay on the no drinking, totally empty calories. Great job getting to the gym and at least your ex saw you working out and not like downing drinks at the bar lol.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #42  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi guys!
I hope everyone is having a great Thursday..almost the end of the week!! I have been having a great week so far…I haven’t been counting calories at all and have just been eating when I am hungry and only eating stuff that is good for me – a lot of fruits and veggies, whole grains, etc. and not a lot of sugar. It’s actually been pretty easy!! I think that’s because all of the holiday treats and sugary stuff is all out of the office…sooo much easier to eat better! I’ve also noticed that when I don’t overeat and eat good stuff I don’t feel as compelled to workout alllll of the time…I have been working out for the past three months every day, running about five miles a day…it’s pretty hard on my body, so it’s nice to be more relaxed about working out and still lose weight! I even went out to eat last night and ordered a green salad w/ grilled chicken and only had a bite of the greasy appetizers everyone else ordered…score one for me! I weighed in this morning at 143..yay!

Steph – it sounds like now you might have some time for yoga! I am sorry about not being able to get in a lot of hubby time though I am staffed for work in dallas right now, so we always go to Mexican restaurants. The best thing I’ve found to eat are fajita salads – basically it’s a fajita on lettuce instead of in tortillas. Still good but minus the white bread calories!

Cookie – That is so f***ing mean!! People like that are jerks..I knew a few of those when I was really heavy, and let me tell you, the best revenge is showing up super hot a few years later!!

Lisa – That is TOO funny!

Slimming – Great job on getting to the gym!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:40 AM   #43  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Daisy- if it's just an extraction (and not oral surgery), than it *should* be a piece of cake. It's funny, but I'm really bad with teeth. I can replace a disclocated shoulder and tournaquette a skate gash and wrap broken bones and give mouth-to-mouth, but when a hockey player walks up to me with his teeth in his hand I want to throw up and pass out! Having my wisdom teeth pulled was awful for me, but looking back it was quite easy- weird more than anything. I'm sorry you are feeling so yucky, tho hope you get to feeling better soon!

jenne- show me someone who doesn't have a cold right now! It is the season, isn't it (61 degrees or not) Hope you feel better soon. Wow on the 100 crunches. I'm such a weenie when it comes to those.

Fae- congrats on the halfway point! It's only uphill from here ! I'm just kidding. Things do slow down a bit, but you get more motivated as you get closer to goal and it becomes more and more routine. We all know you can do it!

Slimming- good to have you back!

teahoney- that sounds like an excellent and do-able "plan"!

Lizzie- that is quite an inspiring picture in your av

Would someone mind shutting off the snow?!?!?!?!?!?! Where am I, Buffalo?
I have been reduced to running stairs because my beloved streets are covered in feet of snow and my gym has been flooded with the New Year's Resolutions crowd. I couldn't get a treadmill yesterday to save my life. It's kinda funny because it's the campus of a "rich" private school and these people look like they haven't seen a sandwich since grade school. It should calm down around Valentine's Day. I did have about 2.5 hours of being stuck here to work out yesterday so I did log a significant workout. Also, NSV time: I was offered a spread of Italian fare that was leftover from a luncheon and managed to bypass the chocolate cheesecake and strawberry cake and leave only with a 1/2-1 cup (eyeballing) of pasta and marinara and a big salad. *crossing fingers* for a good start to the weekend. Happy Friday!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:41 AM   #44  
Goodbye Fat!

Good morning chickies,

Thank goodness it Friday and it was a short week. What am I going to do next week, 5 days to work. Good news is that my boss is going to be traveling on Monday and Tuesday, so that usually means long lunches for everyone and leaving at 430pm. It should be pretty slow next week, so I won't feel guilty.

junebug: I know what you mean about the gym being overloaded! The gym I go to allows limited membership so there is always and empty treadmill. Although here is a funny note. There is this new woman in her mid 40s I would say that stops to talk to everyone, even if they have headphones on or is doing situps. She is just weird, but I guess friendly.

miss michelle: Fajita salads are a lifesaver for me! Sometimes I will get grilled fish w/ mango salsa if the Mexican food restuarant serves fish.

stephanie: Great job on your lunchtime workout! I find that short intense workouts are great and over with fast. Although I do like to get on the treadmill for a long walk w/ an incline and watch Law & Order.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:55 AM   #45  
rethinking myself...

S/C/G: 276/256/175

Height: 5' 11"

I was browsing through and something caught my eye

Amanda - I have done "Walk Away the Pounds". I bought one of the sets of 1, 2, 3, 4 mile or something off Amazon. I have an old version and a newer version, both on DVD. It is a good thing to do if you're really having trouble getting up to do something and can't (or don't want to) go outside. Adding arm movements and weights really wore me out. That's how I initially lost some weight in 2005/2006. Since then I've been pretty stable.

BUT.... it gets very boring after a while, and I started to get really annoyed at Leslie's comments. I think there was a version where you could shut her off and just hear the music... GET THAT ONE! Anyway, I moved on to Dance Dance Revolution, and I'm loving it. I haven't been doing it long enough to notice a change. I think the key for me is doing something (anything) every day. I can't get out and bike every day. It's too cold to go out and walk. I get annoyed with WATP. Maybe I'm just going to have to keep getting new things to do. Someday I want to join a gym and maybe work out a circuit over a week so I don't get bored.

Daisy - I hope your mouth is doing well. I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 18. I was supposed to get them out at 17, but I had to travel overseas and didn't want to be dealing with the pain. Then at 18 (in college, during spring break) they suddenly started growing in, and they were impacted. Ouch! I think the guy who took them out was an idiot. I had all sorts of problems - I won't go into it. Let's just say I was SO GLAD I didn't try to to that the summer I was going overseas.
kittymuse is offline   Reply With Quote