20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 12-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 211.4/207.6/150

Height: 5'7.5''

Woohoo weigh-in day! I am happy to report that after my Thanksgiving gain, I have lost 1.6lbs this week! I was reeeally surprised to see this as TOM decided to come this week, and I expected to gain/stay the same.

Thanks for the advice ladies.. its not a super heavy coat or anything, and its only $20.. so I think I'm going to buy it in a Medium (the one that I can get on but doesn't button) and hopefully in 3 months I can wear it If not, no biggie as its only $20 and I could always save it or give it to my sis.

C25K is going GREAT! W1D3 completed today. Work was soooo busy and stressful today with a lot of unruly dogs, but I did my C25K intervals and sweat it all out at the gym. Its amazing to me that I'm only just finished with the first week and day 3 seemed to be A LOT easier than the first and second lol. But of course next week will be harder.. I like the challenge though.

I told my bf that we have 90ish days until our trip and I wanted us to try to work out together on his off weeks. He genuinely wants to get fit with me. Not that he's that much overweight, but he wants to get muscles, and I'm not gonna complain about that haha
Mommywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:55 AM   #77  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Today was one of the happiest days I've had in a while. I best friend of 14 years had her first kid yesterday, and today I went and saw him! He is just adorable!!!!! Poor child has no idea that I've been planning his life before his momma even met his poppa!! I remember me and Jess (my best friend) talking about our kids and what they would be like when we were probably 10 or 11. It's just funny to think that now it's real!!
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #78  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Congrats LovelyLeah at becoming an "aunt." That's awesome. A few of my friends have gotten married but none have kids yet although I can barely wait to spoil them when they do.

Mommywannabe: At 20 bucks you should totally get the jacket. That's a steal!

I'm still keeping on keeping on. Still trying to find that balance between diet and exercise again. I'm fairly sure it's balancing out fine in the end, food and activity-wise, but I really should eat less anyway and stick to the plan. I hope everyone is doing well and am looking forward to the Snow Leopards rocking this week!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #79  

Morning ladies! I know its not even close to being weigh-in day, but I am an almost-every-day weigher.. I got on the scale this morning and it said 184.8!? I'm not going to hold my breath, but I'm HOPING that it stays down or continues to go down. The lowest weight I ever remember seeing on the scale was 180 in 8th grade. Fingers crossed!

I had a NSV last night as well! I have a jacket/coat that I bought last year I think, or maybe a few years ago... when I was probably about 20ish pounds heavier. When I bought it I couldnt exactly button the top button over my boobs lol, and I could barely button the bottom ones. I put it on last night before I left the house and was able to button all the buttons and it actually felt a bit loose!

Hope everyone else is having a great week!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #80  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Mommy- Congrats on the NSV!! That's always so exciting! And if you keep working hard pretty soon you'll knock the 180's out of the water and get to see the scale dip into the 170's.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #81  

I tend to use my Monday weight for my ticker and myfitnesspal tracking since I have Sunday to undo any weekend frivolities and this morning I saw myself out of the 270s (again)! Here's to hoping I get even *lower* in the 260s this week so I can reach my first minigoal of 20 pounds lost! I'm barely in (269.8), but it's nice to see that I lost almost 4 pounds this week.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #82  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

That is awesome, Chloe!!!

Man, oh, man, must that feel great, Mommy! (and I have to admit, it sure is strange to call you mommy! lol!)

Congrats to your best friend, Leah, let the spoiling begin!

Enell is on the top of my shopping list, ladies, this bouncing has got to stop , buahaha!!

No sorry necessary, Divine You're more than welcome to.

Ugh, this stress has got to stop! I've got my final exam tonight in two hours, and I've just about finished helping my mother with her math class. Between that and trying to get another job, my health and other plans have been left to sit on the back burner of my ever shrinking attention span, . I've taken up reading to distract myself, when I should take up C25K instead e.e, ah well. Time to ditch the easy sweets and processed junk as well. I'm glad that after all the healthier eating I've been doing that the junk and sweets leave me with a sick feeling now instead of craving more like it used to. I feel a bit green right now.

On a plus note, I cleaned out my underwear drawer and "splurged" at walmart. New socks, cheap "sports bras" for work, and new undies. Sure makes a girl feel better that her clothes fit. But it sure pissed me off that two pairs of 18 jeans that I tried on fit more like the 16 and 14s in my dresser drawers. And then I have a pair of "18s" that should be 20-something instead. Why can't these sizes be standardized, grr! Ah, well . I know better than to take just two pairs of pants into the dressing room. I usually take the max allowed amount of 6 and toss four back on the return rack. All my work shirts were worn out too, I need to go clothes shopping more than once a year or so,

Well, I've said more than my share , and got a bit smiley crazier than usual. Back to studying, I've put it off long enough!

Great work this week, ladies!

Edit: After all that stress, I went and pulled an A on that exam, Woohoo! And bought a Enell bra (there went all my play money, OMG, but it'll be worth it if I can run and jump and dance around like a fool in it with no feedback from the "ladies" ) C25K starts tomorrow morning at 4:30am. No excuses! Healthy choice for lunch, apples and peanut butter for breakfast, and another apple for after-work snack. I think I can get back into this

Last edited by zanheltangia; 12-05-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: after class epiphany
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #83  

Congrats on the exam Zan! and you can call me Kristi if its less weird! LOL
I knocked out W2D1 today! It def stepped up and got a bit harder but I'm excited to do W2D2 Wednesday!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #84  
Warning 3FC Addict

Kristi, it just reminds me of the Empty Child episode in the British TV Series Doctor Who. "Are you my Mummy?" Had to go re-watch that one and the Blink episode. And thanks! I'm glad to have a class like that, soon I'll be taking computer programing. Lots more than memorization,

Well, less than five hours before I have to get up and walk day one of C25k before work, better head home and grab some sleep. Keep me posted on your opinion of c25k, k? I hear it's an awesome program.

Night all!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:43 AM   #85  

I love Doctor Who! David Tennant was a great Doctor and I really like Matt Smith.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #86  

Good evening ladies! I completed W2D2 today. Kinda rough at the end but I did it! Eating has been going pretty well too and I am staying on plan.

A couple of my bf's friends from Chicago came to town for a few days and I got to meet them for the first time. The next time I'll see them is when we go on our trip to Chicago and I can't wait for them to see me slimmer!

My mom also told me I looked slimmer today

Hope you are all having a great week!
Old 12-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #87  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey team! How's it going?!?

Zan: Congrats on your A and I hope you like your Enell.

Mommywannabe: Good work with keeping up with C25k. I'm still trying to get back into a regular running schedule. It's tough, so well done!

Chloekinsicle: congrats on your scale victory! Here's to a rapid slide down to the next decade!!

I've been really busy but I've Ben trying to get my workouts in and keep my diet in control. Still a work in progress especially with the diet part. Here's hoping though! I hope everyone is having a great week.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #88  
Warning 3FC Addict

Chloe, I actually liked the 9th doctor/Christopher Eccleston best (David's a close second, sometimes 1st ), but I don't really like the current set of companions so that's putting me off the 11th doctor/Matt. Amy and Rory, , hard for me to get through the episodes now, but I watch still. Can't wait for the next season to get on Netflix.

Kristi, I am a week behind you on C25k (W1D2 done tonight). Grats on your hard work getting noticed! I bet you feel stronger after all your training too Keep going! You're motivating me to continue too !

OMG, Toast, I feel awesome with the Enell on. I barely got through a few jumping jacks a few weeks back to try out fitocracy, but I just did 100 this afternoon after trying on the Enell (I burst into them after trying on the bra and did just 50 at first. It's the excitement of being able to just do them that got me that far before my legs asked me what the heck I was doing, haha! Then I did more to show off the bra to my mom, ). I am so glad that you guys recommended it to me.
The bra should come with a warning sign:

Buahahaha!!!

Last edited by zanheltangia; 12-08-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #89  
Social Butterfly

S/C/G: 250/246/115

Height: 5'1"

Zan: That sounds like a fun bra to have around! haha

Whenever I workout I have my normal bra and then a sports bra on top of that because my breasts are so big. I would think to invest in a better bra like the Enell, but I seem to be losing the weight in the chest area first (which sucks, those were my best asset! I was hoping it would leave my thighs and stomach first, aha) so I'll wait until I hit the 20 pounds lost mark before I look into new clothing.

On a side note, sorry I haven't been around a lot, and that I even missed last weeks weigh in! Between school and work and trying my best to hit the gym, I've been leaving very little room for play time. But I'm back, one class is done, the other is almost finished and then I'll be down to my two classes that I never really do homework in, but still manage to get A's in. Which is a nice change of pace and stress. Plus it'll allow me to hit the gym more often too!

I hope everyone had a good week!
HeathBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #90  

Hello ladies! So I'm super happy about yesterday's weigh-in! I lost another 1.4lbs I havnt been able to complete W2D3 of C25K yet.. We started our holiday hours at work this weekend and by the time I've gotten off work, the gym is closed lol. But Next week I'll get it done!