20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 11-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #31  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I havent weighed since last saturday (well sunday here) either and I dont want to! I honestly think I will be so depressed if/when I do. Im getting more enthused about getting back into exercise again though.

Everlasting- you could totally come out here! My parents moved out here with no jobs waiting for them, no house, and 2 kids. I guess times change and what not but its not impossible. The fishing is awesome. We have dolphins and whales in the harbour. Which is about a 15 min drive from where I live. I've seen dolphins about 3 meters out at sea, from the beach, herding fish. Sting rays in the waves. My boyfriend's dad often goes out fishing and catches more than they can eat, so we have free fish in our freezer even as I speak
What are you worried about re the cold? And why is your oatmeal slimey without sugar?? Oatmeal is like porridge right? I use big, chunky oats (steel milled or something?) and its never very slimey at all, I just add 1 tsp of brown sugar after microwaving. Yay wedding rings fitting! I'm paranoid about not being able to get my engagement ring off, but there doesnt seem to be any pattern to the swelling or finger weight gain, so i figure i'll just be glad I can never lose it xD
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 211.4/207.6/150

Height: 5'7.5''

After a couple of weeks of gaining/maintaining, the scale is moving the right direction finally! Thanksgiving is a few days away and I reeally want to buy a new top to wear at my relatives' house for Thanksgiving dinner, but I can't convince myself to buy anymore clothes until I've lost more weight lol.
Crossing my fingers that tomorrow's weigh-in is good!
Mommywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #33  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Well, to day is Weigh-In Day. I've got a little catch up to play with the thread, but I managed to read our posts

LovelyLeah, Looks like you have your PMs, congrats! It is a lot easier to keep up a conversation with those. Sometimes threads can get buried . Fine arts and Addiction Counseling, what a combo! Oh no, Leah! you're doing better now though, right?
Raven, I love the name Gretchen! I don't think I have met a Gretchen down here , and I have to say it usually makes it a lot easier for me to remember "unusual" names. I got a guy at work with the name Angel, a gamer friend named Evantario, and an old boss named Corinthians, those are just three that I can remember right now. Neuroscience?! Wow! I had to wiki it to get more information, as I have to admit, I don't think about how everything works just as long as it works! I just started an account on Fitocracy, under the same username, haven't done anything with it just yet though. Oh, dangerous! I just looked up that Teavana website, I might just get some shipped to me. I am a fan of black tea or chai myself, but I might have to try some others now.
Sacal96, thanks! I've actually read a few articles about Manning. I haven't looked further than that though, are you liking that diet and exercise program? I find that there is always something on a menu plan that makes me grumble, but kudos to you too for trying it out!
Mommywannabe, dog groomer? Awesome! I'd love to work with animals each day, but I imagine some can be a pain if they don't want a scrubbing Protein powder works? I tend to need a snack between 10-11am to get me to lunch, maybe I'll try that? I was so upset when I had to go back up to 18 jeans from my 14/16s, so I understand the not wanting to buy clothes thing. I want back in those smaller jeans! Haha! But shirts take longer to go down in size (for me at least), unless it's more fitted and would look bad a little baggy?
HeathBar, Business and Film production? Aiming to make movies, are ya? Did you find your wallet? I lost my debit card months ago and I freaked! I canceled that quick.
megmix, I hit 200.something, and I think I got distracted by the amount "I had left" and also freaked because I couldn't remember the last time I weighed less than 200+. Then "off plan" I went and I crept up 30 pounds over the last year or so before I could settle back into this. And I am still working on getting "back into this". CONGRATS on those 31 pounds! That's awesome .
KamsMoMa, I can't imagine trying to lose weight around babies. The ones I've been around always need a little snack here and there because they don't eat regular meals 3x a day, they seem to graze all day long.
Everlasting, Married, a baby, finished college! Congrats! Yeah, some people show love with food. Will you show us your decorations when you finish? I'd love to see some homemade ornaments, I used to make ornaments myself when I was younger (with my brother and sister, we were part of 4H and crafts were popular to do).
toastedsmoke, it's not about the losses, in my opinion, it's about the support and common goal! I like that travel and shopping reward idea, I just might have to borrow it, I hope you enjoyed India!
Fluffy No More, I remember working in the grocery bakery, so difficult not to sample the fresh everything! Ugh! Did you find the weigh-in thread? I see you still don't have PMs just yet, but soon you will, I bet!
aangel22, Congrats on switching to overweight! Not so much on breaking your leg, ow!!! It's been five days since your 11-14 post, so I hope everything is going well for you now.
nicole8705, Oh wow! Busy lady! Well, there is support here, 3fc is great for that
MissSMcC, I imagine it has to be tough working with the elderly, those I've met have quite a few sad stories or are just so set in their ways that it's hard to help them do things.
Iconised Ghost, There was this breakfast burrito thing (potatoes, egg, salsa, and sausage) over in the recipe section of the forum (let me know if it sounds even vaguely interesting - if so I'll go hunt it up), I've had that for all of last week's work week. I am looking forward to suggestions too, my meals tend to repeat unoriginally. Stick with us, it's consistency that'll keep us going after all. /hug!
chloekinsicle, now that you know about the ADHD, maybe that'll help with some of the food urges? It's awesome that you work with adults with disabilities, do you enjoy the work?

I also managed to find my mother's stash of halloween candy, ugh! Good thing all of the tasty ones are gone now, e.e

Number crunching, a dangerous thing , but I have 12.7 pounds to lose before I cross the obese-to-overweight line. I think I'll make it a goal to dub myself overweight in the spring . A little more than half a pound a week. I think I can do that.

Last edited by zanheltangia; 11-19-2011 at 03:01 PM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #34  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

hey girls!
did my weigh in, and actually lost a pound! really pleased since i had been weighing myself all week and it looked like i was in for a 2lb gain (yuck lol) so was very surprised to see the loss this morning.
hope everyone has had a good week and gets the numbers they want, if not, theres always next week!
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #35  

Oops, forgot to weigh-in today. I'm so used to it being on Sundays! I'll try an evening weight, but those are never very accurate.

zanheltangio, I'm hoping that treating it will help with impulsivity! And yes, I do like my job, even if it is pretty stressful.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Aw shucks I forgot to weigh in this weekend. Saturday morning was havoc. I set the alarm for 8:00 as the stepkids were getting dropped at our place at 9. DH turned the alarm off and we laid in bed. Then we woke up to the baby screaming at 8:55... neither of us were dressed and I had to diaper and feed the baby and get breakfast ready and get the kiddos in the house and then it's just go, go, go all day with a 2 and 3 year old running around and a baby who is going through a growth spurt and constantly wants to be attached to the boob. Nothing is easy. We can't even sit at the table and play with Play-dough because the kids are fighting over it (they have the exact same thing but think they don't), and the 2 year old keeps trying to eat it, and I tell her not to eat it and am prying it out of her mouth so while I'm doing that her brother eats some just to be funny. Ugh.

Sunday wasn't much better... we missed church and then I had some work to do in the afternoon over at an employers house (he lets me bring the baby so I can still work for him), but the baby screamed most of the time so I didn't get much done. Sooo... I need a nice long walk today.

I'll have to be careful this week with Thanksgiving! (Although we're not celebrating til Saturday so Thanksgiving meal will technically be included on NEXT weeks weigh in... lol... But DH's birthday is Wednesday and I'm making him a Schwarzwälderkirschtort... that's a mouthful eh? My dad and grandma came over from Germany so I have all sorts of unhealthy rich German foods in my repertoire and they are my favorite to make. In moderation. He's been asking me all year to make the cake again that I made him for last years birthday but it's a very rich and rather expensive cake to make with all the ingredients so it's just a birthday special.

Ugh... I need to figure out what to do about being soooo hungry. Making milk for Baby suckerfish is really draining me and I'm always hungry. Trying to drink as much water as possible but that still doesn't satisfy. Today I hardboiled some eggs.

Iconised- Yup we'd love to or we lose all visitation/custody... so 15 years and 10 1/2 months to go until we are free. We are counting down.

Zan- I'll take a picture of my Christmas decorations when we are finished.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #37  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

I gained some weight this week due to everything going on. I was completely OP until the day of the funeral (Thurs). I didn't eat too badly, but I did the rest of the week (Fri-Sun), especially Sunday (pizza, chips, beer, 3 BK sandwiches, fries, milkshake, etc). WI this morning was 206.4. If I would've stayed OP, I'm sure I would've been under 200 today. I still can't believe I gained 5 lbs in a few days. Today I was OP and I will stay OP this week. Thanksgiving will not get me this year!
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #38  

Eating is the easy part for me.. I usually do really well and listen to myself when I say I can't have the candy or cookies. But I'm reeeally lacking in motivation to go to the gym. (Damn you Skyrim!!) I got a membership last month and started out going a lot, but now I havn't been in a while. I am determined to go tonight, and tomorrow, and continue to stay OP! I know that I can do this its just the time it will take.. seems like its taking forever lol.

Thanksgiving should be interesting. I know my family will try to pour drinks (alcohol) down my throat but I'm determined not to drink. I want to see a good weigh in on Saturday! Good luck to all you ladies!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #39  

Well... today I am making the dreaded birthday cake. I love baking. Lets just not taste anything til we share a piece with DH tomorrow.

I signed up to use Sparkpeople again now because I think I'm ready to start paying better attention to how many calories I'm consuming again. I set the goal at 2,000 calories per day... which seems high, but considering I'm planning on doing an hour (split up) of cardio a day, as well as a walk, and I'm breastfeeding the baby exclusively (which is supposed to be an additional 300-500 calories). I'm going to try 2,000 right now and see where my energy level is, and how the weight drops. I can't afford to just 'try it' for a few weeks and see how I do because if it is too low I won't make enough milk to feed the baby. I was losing easily on 1500-1800 calories before I was pregnant (I was also running, dancing, and lifting weights... not to mention wading around in fast moving streams with waders on several days a week for college classes). Soo...

Well, my goal is to stay on plan for one day, Today. So far I'm doing great.

Angel- Don't fret. To gain 5 pounds in one weekend you would have had to eat an extra 15,000 calories, which I doubt you did. Most of that weight is probably water retention and swelling from all the sodium in most of the foods you listed. Stay OP and I'm sure you'll see a BIG drop.

Mommy- Keep a cup of water in your hand so you can tell your family that you already have a drink!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #40  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Ugh! So Tuesday Night is not exactly Monday Night , but I'll do better, I swear .

I've been fighting some evil sinus congestion since Friday morning. Motivation killer, but also an appetite killer. So if I can lay off the Chai Lattes and sugared tea that I am using to heat my system up, maybe I'll manage a maintain .

Looks like there's a busy week here for those who have turkey-day this week. Or turkey-ham in my case, , my goal for that day is no seconds and moderation.

Congrats, Miss!

Chloe, mine can get rather hair-pulling at times as well. Today, I wish I could squirt someone with air freshener without "crossing the line", if ya know what I mean. Hygiene isn't always at the top of the list with field offices. But I can pull off the "want a piece of candy/mint/gum" to help curb the breath-stink,

Everlasting, I remember making ornaments out of so many things when I was younger (lids, lace, sparkles, pipe cleaners, just anything I could get my fingers on really). Can't wait. I searched for a recipe for Schwarzwälderkirschtort (Black Forest Cherry Torte), and Oh My... I see why that's a rare treat! Definitely nothing like store bought cakes, I bet it'll be awesome I can't imagine trying to juggle all that you're up to lately, kudos to you! I hope you figure out the calorie issue, sure sounds like it'll be tricky.

aangel, I like your plan. Getting back OP instead of worrying over the weekend is the best thing to do, go ahead and put it behind you. Funerals are so stressful .

Mommywannabe, I'm with Everlasting on the cup-in-hand plan, just make sure it's a solid glass if you can, it'll help you blend in !
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:44 PM   #41  

Haha.. good idea Everlasting!

I am happy to report that I DID go to the gym yesterday and today!! I was trying to figure out a gym schedule that will fit in with work and my BF.. I work 5 days a week, but he works long hours in a hospital 8 days in a row, then has 6 days off. My goal is to go at least 6 of the 8 days he is working, and at least 2 of the 6 he is off. I think I'm finding my gym motivation again.. lets hope I can hang onto it!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #42  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

hey girls, hope all is well.
congrats to everyone on the weigh in!
my dad was taken to hospital last night with a ruptured hernia and internal bleeding, sounds worse than it is, a small operation and some antibiotics n he should be fine. but it was a bit of a panic, i slept in for my driving lesson this morning but im not bothered about holding him up since he has held me up before too haha.
feeling really tired, i think its because i know i have holidays from work coming up and im really needing them!
Mommywannabe- your gym plan sounds awesome, wish i had that dedication lol, im sure you'll do well with thanksgiving too, Everlasting your idea for the drink was great! Zan i hope your sinuses clear up soon, i know its hard to stay motivated when you're not well.
take care all xx
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #43  

I think I stayed mostly on plan yesterday as far as eating, but I didn't get any exercise in other than being on my feet in the house most of the day. That cake sure is a doozy. I think it took me 3 hrs to make it last year and this year with the baby it took me 5! Whew! It's supposed to set overnight for the best flavor anyway, but I'm sure glad I made it yesterday rather than trying to do it today as well as serve a nice dinner. Baby makes things hectic.

So today I'm trying to keep on task. Already fed and chagned the baby, did the dishes, cleaned the bedroom, washed and hung the baby's diapers, tidyed up the bathrooms. Now I need to get a bucket of soap water and wash the counters, dust off the washer and dryer, then wash the bathroom accommodations.

Oh, and get dressed? That always seems to be put off lately. I can't believe how much work being a stay at home mom is. And just wait until our new custody order kicks in and we start having the stepkids a ton more in February! DH and I hope to have a couple more kids as well... and I'm going to homeschool them all. Eeeeeeeesh...

TODAY I'm really going to attempt to either go on a walk or do the Zumba DVD. I want to do both but I feel like I need to try and settle for one at the moment.

My current tally...
Days on plan eating: 1
Days on plan exercising: 0

I am going to post again later and update that 0 so that it gets to be a 1!!! And the 1 will be a 2, even though we are going to have cake later!
Old 11-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #44  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

zan- that burrito sounds good! But is it easy to make? I dont always have heaps of time in the morning to cook something up (more time for sleeping is always better!)

everlasting- oooh that sounds like a tricky situation, with custody and things. I guess coming out here is something to work towards then, as a dream for now? And I guess you never know, 15 years is a long time and things could change. I dont think starting at 2000 cals is a bad thing, gotta start somewhere, and having a baby takes a lot of energy, right?

I am going to try and get to the gym tomorrow. Try, try try. I guess my motivation tomorrow is that if i get to the gym early, i might get to work early, and then i can leave early! Whee!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #45  

Hi team! I'm doing better this week- back down to 274 already so I'm hoping to see even more loss by weigh-in on Saturday. I've gotten some exercise each day this week, whether it be the gym or just going for a walk. I still have problems with late night snacking, since I often get off from work at 11 pm.

Iconised Ghost- It's tough getting to the gym before work. And after work. It was so much easier when I didn't have a job haha.

Everlasting-I really want to try zumba! I've heard it's a lot of fun

zanheltangia- ugh it can get really stinky. I have a client who straight up refuses to shower a lot and it gets pretty bad in there.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote