20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:27 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

katylil – Hi If my family came to visit I’d be spending time away from the computer as well.

shasha12 – It’s good to hear that you’re on the mend. I’m totally biased but yes, all the cool kids hang out in Australia!

ferretgirl – I really have to get myself a Kinect. You always make it seem like so much fun instead of work.

southernbelle – Generally my Pizza’s are made with a tomato sauce layer (I mix garlic, tomato paste, tomato sauce, oregano & basil together), low fat cheese, smoked ham, pineapple, red onion and capsicum. I switch the bases between Pita Bread, English Muffins and small pre made Pizza bases. When I make them with the regular Pizza Bases they come out at just under 500 calories. Other variations (with different calorie counts) include a simple Margherita style with tomato sauce, bocconcini & fresh basil; one with Roasted capsicum, Red Onion, Mushroom & grilled eggplant; and one with just a small layer of basil pesto, roast pumpkin and bocconcini.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #77  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha12 View Post
katylil, welcome friend!! how was your holiday?
It was excellent thanks Shasha! I hadn't seen my family for four months so it was great to catch up and spend some time with them. Getting to see most of my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents was an extra added bonus! Unfortunately it means that loads of beautiful food was on offer (I swear my mum's side of the family could all be professional chefs...) and hello weight gain...but I'm working on it!
Hope you feel better soon!

Kim - really sorry about your grandad. It's a horrible situation to be in. Hope you're OK

Peanut - those pizzas sound AMAZING! Definitely going to try that roasted eggplant one out soon!

Southernbelle - those mushrooms sound fantastic. I'm not the most inventive of cooks which is partly why I love 3FC, it gives me inspiration. And I'l ldefinitely be trying that one out!

In a way, it's nice to be back at uni and get back into routine. I had porridge (made with water) with sweetener and sultanas and a cup of tea for breakfast, then I'm planning on having soup and a half a can of tuna on crackers for lunch and doing fish and vegetables for dinner. And I've got some crackers and extra light philadelphia if I want a snack (haven't done my shopping for the week yet, so I'm low on fruit!)

Might go for a long walk by the seafront later as well

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
Old 01-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 188.2/188.2/135

Height: 5'5"

IslandVet: Running with your dog sounds fun. I'd like to be able to do that eventually. I'm just not sure my dogs will appreciate that. I have a weimaraner and a dachshund. I don't really see our little dachshund doing much running, and I think our weim would prefer to be napping on the couch...

Southernbelle: The mushroom pizza you made sounds fantastic!

I hope everyone is doing well. Weigh in is tomorrow! It's keeping me on track today and is a really good reason to not touch the leftover chocolates in my office. I'm stuck here by myself today.

I went out clothes shopping Thursday night and all day yesterday. It is not easy to find shorts and swimsuits in the middle of winter. Thursday night was bad. I was trying on swimsuits and just felt like a whale. I went home and just wanted to go to bed. My husband talked me into working out though - glad he did. Yesterday was much more successful. I went home with a couple pairs of shorts, capris, a swimsuit, and a dress to wear to the wedding (regularly $134 at Macy's marked down to $30!!!)
Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

shasha: I'd call zumba "latin-based cardio dance fitness". The dance moves start easy (step-to-side, step-to-side, etc), then they gradually get more advanced. They also add in some fitness moves (arm-raises, hops). I'd say its both cardio and dance. For the Wii, the game includes a velcro belt (put a wiimote in the belt, put the belt on, and it tracks your movements). The "Zumba Cardio Party" dvd is what I used every day before buying the game. Here's 5 of the songs (originally from the dvd) posted on youtube (different people dancing but using the original choreography): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr3ZP...x=0&playnext=1

peanut: The kinect is still fun.. I probably haven't done enough to get burned out on it yet. If I did the zumba game for 3 months straight, I might get bored of it, but about 1 hour/day, 4x/week for a month and I still like it. The most annoying part is when people walk into the room and I have to pause my workout (that makes me mad/messes up my rhythm). People griped about the kinect's poor reading on the zumba game, but to me, its fine. I just needed more light for the camera to track better, since my workout room was too dim. I only picked Kinect over Wii b/c of its full-body tracking camera- I don't have to wear/hold anything and hopefully I won't ever need to buy additional accessories; just the games Though for Kinect, you'll need to stand about 6' from the tv/camera; for zumba, you'd need a 6-8' square (open space) in front of tv to move freely.

Hope everyone's doing good. Nice reading everyone's updates

Last edited by ferretgirl; 01-08-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:29 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Default semi full body shot from Christmas...

This is a photo from Christmas day this year. It isn't the best angle (i never get good camera angles because of my height ) but I was really excited to see how much smaller my legs are getting. When I first looked at this photo, I thought that my right leg was what actually is both of my legs and my left leg was what actually is my sister's legs. I was wondering why on earth I was standing with my legs open like that when it hit me... that isn't my right leg... that is both of my legs! I haven't really seen any full or semi full body pics of myself since I started losing weight so I had no clue what my legs looked like right now... I am actually quite pleased with what I see so far I hope to love them even more in the next 20, 30, 50, 80 + lbs lost! Ps. I am now 10 lbs down from where I was when this pic was taken...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (99.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #81  

Height: 6'0"

Hi guys! So how did everyone do this week? I did..preetty well. I started off shaky, because I've been logging my foods, and wasn't sure on how much to eat yet. So I actually ended up gaining almost a pound, but then figured out what I needed to eat and such, and the final loss is 2.2 pounds for the week. For the FIRST week, I know I could have/should have lost more, but I guess now that I have the eating down maybe this week I'll lose about 3.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #82  

Sorry team, I have been epically failing at participating in team chat, but I have a good reason I promise! I went to Family Week at a local rehab where a family member was recently at and it was long. Eight hours of talking about feelings and addictions and now I am heading off to go back to school.

Good luck at the weigh-in! I will participate more in conversations, I promise. As for my weigh-in, I lost a whopping .4 lbs!!!! I hope it will be better next week now that I have access to a gym (it's a little cold and wet to exercise outside right now).

Last edited by girlonfire; 01-09-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: nonsensical sentence
Old 01-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #83  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

peachykeen62~ 0.4 is good! No biggie on the chat, glad to see you on here!

Cheyenne~ 2.2 is a good loss for the first week! Are you having problems with portion sizes or just looking for foods that will give you variety and be satisfying? Feel free to ask on here, we all have LOTS of ideas!

southernbelle102
~ You look AMAZING!!! I'm glad the portabella mushrooms worked out for you! I actually just had two caps for lunch with some light sun dried tomato pesto, fat free cheese, and a little pasta with homemade veggie sauce.

ferretgirl~ How was your weekend? How are your calves feeling?

LauraLovesWeims~ Sweet score at Macy's!!! I hate shopping for any kinds of clothes... always feel down afterwards, so I know how you felt.

katylil~ Have you got your shopping in yet? Anything special planned for meals this week?

Transporter~ How was your weekend?

shasha12~ Zumba is AMAZING! Definitely worth a try! Feel better soon !

JLNichols07~ It's been chilly here too with a fresh dusting of 8 inches of snow!

Matilda08~ How was your weekend?

oOPeanutOo~ No complaints about my break yet, but the schedules were weird at the end of last week, so I never actually had a chance to take an hour. Will try for it this week!

Anyone I missed~ Hi!!!

Sunday Question~ How was your first week? Did you discover anything new that you'd like to share?

My first week was decent. I managed to only drink diet soda, plus I cut my smoking in half. As far as discoveries, the portabella mushrooms, with a half tablespoon of pesto, INCREDIBLE! Pesto has so much flavor to it and the mushrooms are so juicy and filling!

Kettlebells starts tomorrow, and I am super nervous!!! I know they are going to completely kick my butt, which is both exciting and scary at the same time. My biggest concern is being able to fall asleep at a decent hour tonight. I'll have to be up by 5:30 at the latest, which makes for a super long day as I'm closing the restaurant as well tomorrow night. I'm going to stop by the store after work and grab some sleepy time tea to see if that will help.

How did everyone do this weekend? I have one challenge left... I'm working at the restaurant tonight, so I need to watch what I eat! I had a tuna sandwich yesterday (I had massive points left for the day as my parents and I had brunch...)!

Don't forget to weigh in ladies!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #84  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Side note... anyone who has a Shaws grocery store around... Progressive Soups are all on sale 10/$10 right now (normally anywhere from $2.99-$3.99/can). Weight Watchers endorses their "light" soups (which are pretty decent I have to say)... I did some serious stocking up... and plan on getting some more this week!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #85  

Thanks Kim! It isn't the best photo at all but it is the only one I have that shows more of my body

I stepped on the scale this morning and was 3 more lbs down... yay! That brings my weekly total up to 7 lbs. I had no loss for the very first time last week so I guess my body was ready for a pretty big loss. I was really worried that I was entering a big stall after my 0 lb loss last week but thankfully I wasn't.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #86  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

Most Recent NSV: Just getting back into my routine!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 6lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Keep my calories between 1200-1500 and workout at least 3 times a week.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: eating past 9-10pm.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm super excited about getting to my goal. I'm so close!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #87  

Jennie, you are SO close to your goal!! Good luck! You have done amazingly well!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Sunday Question~ How was your first week? Did you discover anything new that you'd like to share?

My first week was pretty good. I did discover that I need to slack down on the snacking because it is increasing my calories and making them on the higher side.

Sorry I haven't been participating much in the chat but I've been getting ready for the start of my classes tomorrow. I hope all ya'll are doing great and have had an awesome weekend!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #89  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

Kim - shopping is being done this afternoon a friend of mine is coming over and he's gonna drive me to the store so I can stock up properly instead of only getting a few things (which is what I usually have to do as it's a 15 minute walk back to my house!) I'm basically going to stick to veggie stirfrys, chicken, fish, soup and couscous. I'm also stocking up on 0% fat yoghurts, porridge and grapes (my favourite fruit snack!) Hope the Kettlebells goes well!! I've never heard of it, what is it?

Jennie - wow you are SO close! congratulations! keep the good work up!

SouthernBelle - that is a BRILLIANT loss for the first week!!!! well done!!

JLNichols - I found the same thing! Too many snacks between lunch and dinner...

And that's my answer to Sunday's question as well!!! I need to get some ideas on how to get some good protein into my lunch to stop me feeling peckish. I usually have a bowl of soup or some couscous as they're easy to make and take on the run. Any ideas anyone?

Hope everyone's having a good monday!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #90  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Happy monday Team!! SO far this year hasnt been so great for me but it ends today. I gained like 5lbs and I have to get back on track. Hoping this challenge will help with that. Good luck this week
Closed Thread