20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #31  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Monday Question~ Welcome to 2011!!! Have you made any New Years Resolutions? What are they? Any non-weight related resolutions?

Well along with eating right and exercising, my new years resolution is to cut out alcohol during the month of January. I want to see how it affects my weight loss! And I also make really bad food choices when there's alcohol involved, so it will help in more way than one
Old 01-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #32  
Daily Struggle

Height: 5'3

[QUOTE=oOPeanutOo;3629860
Transporter – Fried food is a weakness for me as well. I had to cut it out completely and now that I have, I don’t crave it anymore.

The number for my first weigh-in wasn’t totally unexpected but it’s higher than what I ended the last challenge at. I’m attempting to get back on plan at the moment but am mainly watching portion sizes instead of counting calories like I should be. I am confident that I can get back to tracking everything really soon. Hope everyone is having a good start to the New Year![/QUOTE]

Thing is i dont really crave fried foods, its just when going out with friends there are some places where i find it gross to order a salad, so ill order french fries, which do me no good! I'm also trying to cut out croutons in salad, they are little bits of sneaky deliciousness i need to avoid

My weigh in is higher as well, i didnt do a challenge, but last time i was losing weight i was about 10 lbs lighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimL1214 View Post
peachykeen62~ What's your workout plan? Great job at the Mexican Restaurant!

Transporter~ Fried food is rough, do you have anything you like that you can substitute for it that doesn't pack as many calories?

I have three big resolutions for this year. My big one is weight related. I'd like to lose between 75-100lbs. this year. Ideally, I'd love to reach goal and lose the whole 120, but I want to be realistic. My second resolution is to quit smoking, for fairly obvious reasons... My final resolution is to give up soda. I'd like to cut it out of my life completely by the end of January, February at the latest...

My life is still on the crazy side. My best friend is still being falsely accused and having to go to court regularly. My grandfather is still dying, but at least we now have the diagnosis of Colon Cancer, along with his heart failing and numerous other things that just keep piling up. It's sad when someone gets to the point in their life where it is more miserable for them to continue living then to pass on.
Weight wise... I managed to gain back everything I'd lost in the past few months, but plan on losing that by the end of this challenge plus a few more pounds. My problem has been controlling what I eat when problems in life arise. There will be times when I have to drop everything and go to court with my friend which is almost 5 hours away. We normally drive up at night and then drive back the next day. Most of our food we grab from gas stations with maybe one meal out. If I knew ahead of time, I could plan stuff and bring stuff, but the courts love to change dates and wait until the day before to tell us...
I work at the restaurant tonight, so my dinner plan is to cook some fiber rich pasta and lots of veggies to add to my low fat alfredo and pesto... Breakfast was whole grain cheerios with a banana and skim milk. Lunch will be a salad with buffalo grilled chicken (I made and cut up last night) with some low fat blue cheese dressing.
Project for before I go to work tonight (other then making my dinner ahead of time) will be to find my iPod, which is buried somewhere in my car.
I just typed a lot...
Happy Monday (ugh!) everyone!!!
I used to be an emotional eater because of problems in my life.. i couldnt deal with it and i used to binge among other circumstances like yours which made me unable to have healthy food as an option, such as being on the road, our weight loss goals are similiar, and im sorry you have such a load on your plate, but be strong!! this goal is for yourself, you deserve to see the beautiful changes on your body
Old 01-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #33  

Height: 6'0"

Most Recent NSV: I assume this means small victory? (what does this mean?) but I have none lol!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 25 pounds (by may 1)
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Portion control!
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Portion control, especially going out w. friends.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: WELL LETS SEE
My name is Cheyenne, I just joined a few days ago and this site looks like it'll be a lot of help for me! I am 6'0" and need to lose 25 pounds, and my goal is for May 1, bikini ready for summer! And I want to keep it off. In years past I have gotten much thinner...but gain it back when I go back to school. This year I hope and plan to gain tools to keep myself where I want...another reason I think the site will really help me out. Also...something important about me is that I love animals! I plan to study marine biology in college. I have 3 sugar gliders, 2 gerbils, 2 dogs (cairn terrier and a pit bull) and many hermit crabs. I love taking care of all my pets )
Old 01-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #34  
on my way...

S/C/G: 204.5/192.5/130

Height: 5'5'' (and a half!)

Hi everyone! I'm going to attempt to get all caught up on this thread

Most Recent NSV: I no longer need my asthma inhaler to get through my runs!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I'd love to get to 170 which is a loss of 13 pounds
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie counting, healthier food choices, and running. I saw this thing on TV today that Dr. Oz is doing for free on his website. It's an 11 week program that sounds pretty do-able. I'm gonna check it out.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: This week is a little shaky, but once I move in I should be on track to make a plan and stick to it. I have to be sure I make time for exercise once I start getting busy with school again.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm just a chubby vet student trying to find balance and get healthy.

KimL1214 ~ I'm sorry to hear about your Grandfather and friend. Sending prayers and hugs your way. Maybe you could try pre-packing a little snack bag with some healthy stuff in it and just grab and go when you get the call for court?

oOPeanutOo ~ Congrats on the Tshirt fit, I know that felt awesome!! Guitar sounds like a great distraction.
southernbelle102 ~ Wow. I'm impressed with how far you have already come! Keep up the great work!

Transporter ~ Fried food is one of my favorites, too.

JLNichols07 ~ I'm the same way with balancing school. It always seems to take over my life!

iiholly ~ I started the New Year pretty hungover as well!

jazzang ~ I'm working toward running a half one day. That's an awesome accomplishment!

peachykeen62 ~ Good job at the Mexican restaurant. That's one of my biggest weaknesses!

kalikat003 ~ Alcohol is a big one for me, too. The calories from the drinks, plus the way I eat when I've been drinking.

ferretgirl ~ You are so close to goal! How exciting. Keep up the great work!

Woohoo, PINK SILK!!

Last edited by IslandVet; 01-03-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Monday Question~ Welcome to 2011!!! Have you made any New Years Resolutions? What are they? Any non-weight related resolutions?

I don't have any NY Resolutions. I found that everytime I set one in my mind ...I always go against it somehow. LOL

Old 01-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #36  
on my way...

S/C/G: 204.5/192.5/130

Height: 5'5'' (and a half!)

Monday Question ~ Welcome to 2011!!! Have you made any New Years Resolutions? What are they? Any non-weight related resolutions?

Of course the standard, "get healthy, lose weight" goal. I've been running off and on for a while now and am starting to finally build up some distance and stamina. Once it warms up a bit, I would like to run a few 5Ks and work my way up to a half-marathon. I'd also like to work up to having my dog go on runs with me.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #37  

Kim- I've always had good success losing weight doing the elliptical, so I'm going to do 30 min elliptical for a few weeks, add 15 minutes bike or rowing (alternate) and then start doing C25K once I get my physical fitness up a little bit! And GOODNESS Mexican restaurants are hard! It took me awhile to figure out something I could eat .
Old 01-04-2011, 01:34 AM   #38  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

peanut - i broke my foot when i got it stomped on in a soccer game by a big guy in cleats. NOT COOL!!!!!

kim - thanks! i think anyone can do a half, you just have to prepare for it

island - you sound like you are a runner or at least a runner in the making. i looooove running i'm looking to do a couple other races this year aside from the half in april. 5K is my favorite distance to race, but i like 10K too. Half is hard but an awesome accomplishment. perhaps someday i'll run a full marathon. i think at that point its not good for you anymore though, so we'll see.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:58 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

My resolutions are to stick with my weight loss journey and to work on getting healthy : mind, body and spirit this year. There are a lot of personal goals I hope to reach this year as well.. some little and some big.

This has been a STRESSFUL month for me. I have had a lot on my mind and lots has been going on. I need a break! I am hoping that once we get farther into January things will start to calm down a bit and I can get some stress relief. The funny thing is that this is really the first time that I've noticed that by being healthy with my eating I have taken away my biggest coping mechanism (food). When things got stressful in the past, I either binged, binged and purged or restricted as a way of getting away from the stress. Now that I don't have those vices I am having to deal with my stress and emotions in a whole new way... its no fun . However, I am proud to say that I have been very strong in my resolve to stay on plan and continue to get healthy. It really does feel great knowing that I am doing something that is so good for myself.

I am really looking forward to all that 2011 has to offer. I have a feeling it is going to be a very good year (regardless of the stress )
Old 01-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #40  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies! Fly by post... I'll catch up with personals later...

Here's a banner is anyone wants to put it in their sigs...

Just click the picture symbol and enter this link...

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/a...ilkBanner2.jpg

Tuesday... YAY!!!

Last edited by KimL1214; 01-04-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #41  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Happy new year team!!!! This is my first time logging in since last thursday so im a little behind. But wishing you all the best of luck.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne View Post
Most Recent NSV: I assume this means small victory? (what does this mean?)
Cheyenne, a NSV is a Non-Scale Victory (most I've seen are clothing or health-related, like if something fits now or if something is physically easier now). P.S. Yay- another animal lover!! We should all post pics of our pets

Pretty banner, Kim! Thanks!! P.S. I'd keep almonds, water and protein bars in the car for those trips. Best bets for gas stations would be water and almonds- unsalted if possible or you can rub/switch them in-between hands (like dry-washing them) a few times to rub off some of the salt. Some of the protein bars are ok for holding you over. Special K bars don't seem too bad (most gas stations have 'em); you can pick a snack-sized bar (100 cal) or a protein meal bar (180 cal).

iiholly: That having to hang out with an ex sounds kinda awkward.. hopefully not too unpleasant. Small town here too- your comment reminded me of high school/Dawson's Creek, lol

Thank you, IslandVet. I remember seeing your exercise log from last challenge.. cool!! I bet we both do those weekly challenges

southernbelle: Have you found alternatives to eating when you're feeling stressed? That's a toughie for me too. Working out to burn off stress works, but sometimes we can't do it at that moment we want to.. I heard/read somewhere to write a list of things to do... alternatives to eating.. they may have been refering to boredom, but still emotional eating. I know that a 1-5 min jog/jump rope/walk is a good distraction (go walk around the block or check the mail instead of standing there frustrated). Holding/petting an animal, reading a chapter or listening to music helps. There's some of my ideas.. let's hear some of yours'. Putting them into action is another thing, but we can start by brainstorming

Hi, Matilda!! Welcome to the team Here's the Intro, if you wanna fill it out:

Most Recent NSV:
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome:
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself:

Hope everyone's having a good week so far

Last edited by ferretgirl; 01-04-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Most Recent NSV: None yet
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 10 pounds
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie Counting, low carbs, fruits, veggies, portion control, exercise
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Chocolate and snacking!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself:
Old 01-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #44  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

I would def like to make it into the two teens during this challenge!!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #45  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

Go Team Pink Silk!!!

Most Recent NSV: My workpants are starting to become so loose that they are sliding right off of me. Well... before the holidays hit, now I'm back up about 5 lbs :\
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 10-15 lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Get moving everyday. I'm going to start out slow at 4x a week and work up to 20-45min of exercise everyday.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: My eating habits have been horrible. There's been junk food around for over a month now and it's time to toss out the fudge and cookies that are laying around. Here's to real food!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm super excited to start this challenge- it's a huge motivator being held accountable by my team.
Closed Thread