20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #196  

katylil- ooh I hope you get the part! That's a fantastic role. I used to do theatre in high school, so I know how nerve-wracking it can be. Break a leg at your callback!

laura- Oooh vacation I am so jealous! We are buried under tons of snow and ice out here in the Midwest, so I must live vicariously through people in warm places

JlNichols- congrats on getting a workout in! Our gym has been closed down and you literally can't go anywhere without slipping and falling on your behind (2 inches of ice!), so I am going a little stir crazy. Putting on the pandora dance station and bopping around my room has been my exercise.

southernbelle- WOW! You look hot missy! 120 lbs is nothing to sneeze at...I hope I can make a post like yours soon.

As for me, today has been absolutely insane. I can't go anywhere and being cooped up inside my house all day is seriously making me crazy. Doesn't help that my housemates and I watched The Shining last night to celebrate our snow day (followed of course by Teen Mom). I have been chugging water like MAD because I have a little medical problem that requires me to drink tons of water. I have gone through 4 waterbottles already! My weight had a nice whoosh before going back up due to my infection causing massive water retention.

Yeesh, sorry for the novel! I guess I am in a chatty mood today. Hope all of you dealing with this weather can escape soon
Old 02-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #197  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies! I know I'm insanely late with stats this week... the storm slammed us Tuesday and Wednesday, so I haven't been able to get to a computer until today as power has been an issue! I'm staying late after school today to get everyone's stats done, so they should be up later this afternoon! Sorry again for being late!
Old 02-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Thanks so much, Chloe!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #199  
Make it to the moon...

Old 02-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #200  
Make it to the moon...

chloekinsicle~ How are you feeling?

southernbelle102~ 123lbs. !!!

JLNichols07~ How did your Wednesday/Thursday go? Great job getting your workout in!!!

LauraLovesWeims~ Maintaining while on vacation? That's awesome!!!

oOPeanutOo~ Yikes!!! Ever find out what you were allergic to? Weigh in for me this week almost had the scale flying out the window... of course when I weighed in Monday morning, I was 2lbs. down...

Matilda08~ How is your week going?

katylil~ I'm so excited for you!!! Any news on the part yet?

JennieLovesKisses~ 180lbs. !!!

ferretgirl~ How are you feeling?

Sorry I've been MIA for so long ladies. Between all the stuff going on with my family and the crazy weather lately, I haven't had much time to do anything for myself. I posted the new sign ups for the next challenge, I know I'm a little early, but I wanted to give everyone lots of time to get signed up. Unfortunately I don't have long to talk, but I will be getting on this weekend to check in with everyone, get some questions up and give an update on how I'm doing!
Happy Friday everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #201  

Had a nice sized whoosh today... now at 254... 126 lbs down I knew it was coming and was trying to practice patience about the non moving scale.. haha. Glad to see it go down again!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #202  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

I GOT IT!!!!!!

Eeeek eeeek eeeeeeeeek!!!!!!! I still can't actually believe it!! The callback went ridiculously well and I was so happy with myself. I knew I coldnt have done any better so even if I didn't get the part I was gonna be OK, BUT I GOT IT!!!!!!!!

Now I have a very definitive Goal set: one stone (14lbs) loss from now to the show which is beginning of April. I have two months and I am DETERMINED to do this!!!

Also had a job interview today to work in a summer camp over summer (which went really well) and I have a date on Monday with this guy I've been chatting to for a while. Kinda scares me that things are going so right in my life right now because it must mean that something bad's gonna happen soon right? :S

Been awful with food today. I only found out about the casting yesterday and my friends made it their mission to get me stupidly drunk. I can't even recall everything I drank but I know I've eaten toast, mcdonalds and an egg and bacon sandwich today....URGH. Soup and veg tomorrow I think!

Hope everyone's having an AWESOME weekend!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:18 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

southernbelle – Lookin’ good!!! It’s been a total transformation since your first photo. You should be so proud of yourself.

katylil – CONGRATULATIONS. That’s excellent news. I’m sure you’ll wow the audience.

Kim – The Doc said it must have been a food additive but I haven’t been back to get any further tests yet.

I have no news girls, sorry!! I’m still unwell but am on the mend. Hopefully I’ll be back and chatting next week.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:03 AM   #204  

Thanks, ladies!

I have been blacking out and getting really dizzy lately. I thought that maybe it was vertigo (sice I do suffer with that ocassionally). However it just kept getting worse and worse. My friend mentioned that it could be low blood pressure. I have been medicated for very high bp for years now so I didn't think that could be possible(even with my weight loss). I went ahead and checked it though... and it was 90 over 50 . I checked the charts and that is actually hypotension #s... yikes!! Needless to say, I am not taking my meds tonight and am making an appt with my doctor asap. I am so excited that this could mean that I don't need medication anymore!! (yay for weight loss actually positively affecting my health!) And, I am also glad that I didn't wait until my bp got so low that it was a real problem. Hopefully the fainting and dizziness will go away very soon!!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Chloe: Sorry about your gym being closed due to the ice. Hope it all melts away soon. But dancing can be a good source of working out! LOL
Kim: It's okay we understand! This weather sucks. I'll be so glad when spring gets here.
Southern: Yay for the whoossh! And good luck with your dizziness! That sucks so bad...and 90/50 thats dangerous make sure you keep an eye on that!
Katy: Congrats girl! And you can so do 14 pounds before April!
Peanut: Sorryyy about feeling bad I hope you get better soon!

Hey Everyone! Today has been a good day. So far I have got 1 of my workouts done and am about to start up my 2nd one for the day. I was a little below my calories but oh well..I guess it's better than being over right? Took an Anatomy test this morning and made and 86% which is a B ...and I'm okay with that ..I was really hoping for an A but I will take what I can get I guess. Hoping for a good weighin in the morning so I can post it proudly on here!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #206  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

This morning read 144.0lbs! I also took my measurements and saw a total loss of 2.25inches since last week, which is awesome.

Todays Measurements:
02/06/2011 - Neck: 12; Bicep: 10.5; Forearm: 8.25: Chest: 35: Waist: 26: Hips: 36: Thigh: 19.5; Calf: 14
Old 02-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #207  
Make it to the moon...

JennieLovesKisses~ CONGRATULATIONS!!!

JLNichols07~How did your workouts go?

southernbelle102~ That would be so awesome if you no longer need your bp meds!!! Congrats on 254!!!

oOPeanutOo~ I hope you feel better soon

katylil~ YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you!!!

Sunday & Monday question~ Last week of our challenge! Have you seen the success you hoped for? If yes, what was the biggest change you made to help you see that success? If no, what will you change for the next challenge? Will we see you in the next challenge?

So I didn't see the success I had hoped for, but am happy that while I didn't lose much, I did lose a little and was able to avoid a gain. I will be more consistent with my workouts in the next challenge!

My grandfather is unfortunately getting worse, which is causing some insane chaos at my house. To top things off I had some serious bleeding coming out of the wrong end last week (gross, yes). So, needless to say, I had some testing done and they came up with the possibility of my having Crohns Disease, along with finding a tumor in my lower intestines that I have to have checked out in more detail. Hopes are that it is benign, so cross your fingers. Guess it's one of those when it rains, it pours kind of year... Hopefully I can chalk it up to just January and February and things start looking up soon. I'm so happy for these challenges because I feel like they are the only things keeping me from getting out of control!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #208  
Make it to the moon...

Where is everyone???

This week has been a lot more successful food wise, but I have yet to get any exercise in. Until I find out what's going on with my intestines, I'm not supposed to do anything that puts any kind of strain on my body. Makes things interesting, but I'm doing surprisingly well all things considered. Biggest issue right now is that I've only gotten 10 hours of sleep in the last three nights. So my goal for the rest of this week is to make sure that I get at least 6 hours/night, with a challenge of trying to hit 8 hours/night. I'm guessing it's just the stress, but at some point I would think that my body would get so tired that I would finally be able to get some real sleep.

ANYWAYS! I was psyched to finally see a different number on the scale this week! I'm down 2lbs. and hoping to crank out at least 1, if not 2 more by the final weigh in!

Anything new and exciting going on with anyone? Any ideas or suggestions for the next challenge?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

southernbelle102 – Did you manage to make it to the doctor in order to get the BP issue sorted?

JLNichols07 – Congrats on the 86%, a B is an awesome mark so be proud of that.

JennieLovesKisses – Congratulations!

KimL1214 – Wow, you’ve had a lot going on. I have my fingers crossed for you as well. Hopefully it definitely turns out to be benign. When will you know more? Are you handling the news okay?

Sunday & Monday question~ Last week of our challenge! Have you seen the success you hoped for? If yes, what was the biggest change you made to help you see that success? If no, what will you change for the next challenge? Will we see you in the next challenge?
Yeah, I know, we’re well past Monday (It’s Thursday for me) but I’m answering anyway. This challenge has been far from successful for me. I’ve been struggling to eat the right foods and I seem to have as many bad days as good which cancels out any efforts I’ve been making. I definitely need to get my mindset right for the next challenge and stop giving this the half-a**ed approach. I know what needs to be done so it’s just a matter of knuckling down and seeing this through. Hopefully I’ll be seeing some of you ladies in the next challenge!!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #210  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

Sunday & Monday question
Have you seen the success you hoped for? If yes, what was the biggest change you made to help you see that success? If no, what will you change for the next challenge? Will we see you in the next challenge?

I have had the success I hoped for and more. I always amaze myself with how far I can push myself in workouts and even though the diet portion of this journey has always been the toughest thing for me to overcome, I take it one day at a time and try not to sweat the small stuff. I am only a couple pounds away from my goal weight, the weight I have been dreaming about reaching since the start - 2 years agos. Some things I want to change about my goals in our next challange: focus more on NSV goals rather than weight goals. I would love to lose a bit more weight, but that will happen as I go...its much more important to me at this point in my journey to tone up and start incorporating better eating and exercise habits. A new thing I'm going to start trying to do is make and try a new food everyweek!
Closed Thread