20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #121  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Wow - I can't believe I'm actually down this week, especially after the rough start I had! Down 1.3 pounds, which puts me at 3 pounds lost for the challenge - I'm already half way to my goal! Might have to revise that one...

Overall, I'm pretty hopeful about the rest of the challenge. DH and I just decided that we aren't going home to MI for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and while I'm sad that I won't see my family over the holidays, I'm glad that it'll be a little less pressure on us health-wise and financially.

For me, this week was a reminder that when I way overbook myself and don't leave enough time to relax, I wind up without any willpower left the next week. For the rest of the challenge, I'm going to work on keeping more of a balance in my life so that I'm better able to stick to my healthy goals.

Good luck to everyone on the next week!
Old 11-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #122  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies! I wanted to try and help boost your discussions a little bit with some daily questions! You've all done a great job getting to know one another and chatting it up, I though some questions might help you each get to know each other even more!

Sunday & Monday Question~ Whether it be in a good way (you want them to be proud of you), or more to rub it in their faces that you did it (and look better than they do now)... Who are one, two or three people that you can’t wait to see when you hit goal?
Old 11-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #123  
Diet and Exercise!

S/C/G: 185/165/135

Height: 5'3"

I can't wait to rub my success in my dad's face. He's always been a jerk about my weight (even though I inherited the apple shape from his side of the family- seriously, we look the same except I have boobs). He once said I could only marry a "walrus" and, if that happened, he wouldn't support the marriage. Ugh. For a long time I actively avoided losing weight because I didn't want to prove him right. But, as I've gotten older, I've realized that I want to be healthy for MYSELF; seeing the shock on his face is just going to be the metaphorical cherry on top.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #124  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

Sunday & Monday Question~ Whether it be in a good way (you want them to be proud of you), or more to rub it in their faces that you did it (and look better than they do now)... Who are one, two or three people that you can’t wait to see when you hit goal?

Most definitely the ex (well you do, don't you?). Just so happens that mine was a not very nice person who once made a comment about me being able to "get all the guys if only I'd lose some weight". Such a twat... But hey. Haven't seen him for months. Would love to go home at Easter and, looking utterly fabulous, bump into him around town at some point!

But obviously that it just an extra to the losing weight. My main motivation is feeling good about myself and having the confidence to wear what I want, be who I want to be and go after my dreams with no subconscious thought of not being good enough because of my weight

PS. Bumping into the *****y girls from high school would be an excellent bonus also!

Last edited by katylil; 11-07-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

fatmac Congrats on the loss, awesome job! Glad to see someone else was confused about the % thing haha.

katylil Woo! Go you! I don't know what I weighed when I was 13 haha, but that is such an awesome achievement! Hope the beach was nice!

JessieCat At least you're still below your starting weight! You can do it, new week is here, yay!

smisen Awesome loss, a goal revision is definitely in order for you I think! I hope you manage to get the balance you're after this week!

Hrmmm. There isn't really anyone whose face I want to rub in it...maybe some dickheads from when I was in high school, but I'd rather just not see those people again at all to be honest! I don't really value their opinions so I don't care what they think of me.
I'm already having my parents tell me they're proud of me for taking action and my results. My boyfriend is pretty proud too - I guess it will be really nice for both of us (him and I) when I am significantly smaller and have increased confidence and can go out with him and his friends and feel really awesome as opposed to just feeling ok and having to ask him if I look ok.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #126  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i have some family i rarely see. they would be proud of me. i see family that lives close pretty often. it's very motivating to see them. i'm very public, i was always a health nut, but now i'm walking the walk. i'm happy to show the world! with the exception of one of my sisters. i really want to help her with her journey to get healthy. i wouldn't want my progress to make her feel negatively in any way.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #127  
I CAN do this!

ok people! i was back on track today with eating. going to exercise in a min. goal this next week, 5 pounds! i can do it! that's um....2.6% from starting wt. not huge, but those big #'s get harder to come by.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #128  

katy trail Hope the exercise was good! I too have a sister who I worry about making feel bad with this - but I'm also hoping my actions and new lifestyle will maybe give her a little push in the right direction without me having to say anything. I worry about her health so much and I'd like her to take some inspiration from me (not that I'm a picture of health yet hah)!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

smisen- WTG with the loss and realizing you need balance in your life. I feel like a lot of people don't realize that and are always run down/stressed which can lead to a lot of unhealthy habits. Good luck!

fatmac- I am so sorry to hear how unsupportive your dad is. That sounds just awful! You will show him and he will be eating his words!

rainbowstripe- it's nice to see you have a great support system. That definitely makes this journey a bit more bearable!

katytrail- I'm right there with ya! Back on track. Hoping for a big loss the next few weeks.

I am happy I pulled myself out of bed this morning to get a work out in. For me, the challenge is making healthy food choices, not the working out part. If I can just get that figured out, I know I can do it. It's just that I give in to temptation so easily. I am making a plan and trying to stick to it.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #130  
I CAN do this!

re: my sister, she lives several hours away. i don't see her or talk to her often. i might not see her this holiday season either. if it works out with the house, i'd love to send out some christmas cards of our family in front of our new house. and me 40lbs lighter than my long distance family has seen me. my side of the family has been...unsupportive. we get alot of flack for using govt assistance, so when we move up it kinda rubs it in their face. the doubters.

smizen-totally relate to lack of balance. i always have a 1-track mind. i'll always struggle with balance.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #131  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

Hmm...I am dying to see the 230's by Thanksgiving, and not the 239 or 238: I'm talking 235 or 234, I'm at 241 now, so thats 6 lbs. at least and I know I am going to have a freakin' gain this week because after a 2-week break, I am back to working out hard-core bootcamp style; but alas, I would rather have muscles and a ripped body and lose slower than be all flabby and skinny (even though I am nowhere NEAR skinny...okay, now I'm just blabbing)
Old 11-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #132  

JessieCat I think I'm the opposite of you; making sure I get enough working out in is always the hardest part for me - there are so many times I'd much rather just not do it haha. That being said, I'm beginning to figure out what exercise I actually enjoy more than others, so that is helping me!

katy trail The Christmas cards sound like a nice not-too-rubbing in your face type of way to show your long distance family what you've achieved

Fit4Lyfe I think 6 pounds in a couple of weeks is do-able, might be a bit of a stretch but I think you can do it! I'm aiming for similar I think haha...it's less likely I'll do it!

~Think I will definitely have a loss this week since I've had a loss since WI already hehe. Feeling pretty positive overall - my manager-ish type person came into the store (we work sole charge so we don't always see the manager/store owner) after not having been in for a few weeks when I've been working and she just kind of looked at me and said "wow!" - it was a nice feeling! She said I look really different - and she has seen me maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, so definitely since I've lost 9 or 10 kg, so maybe each kg is making a difference now, I've lost 12.6kg total.
I have another delicious salad for lunch today, with chicken and kumara in it. Pretty excited to eat it haha.
Facing some temptation today in the form of Starbucks. They just put up all their signs for their Christmas season drinks (since we don't have Thanksgiving here - I would guess in the US there are Thanksgiving/Fall themed drinks?) - anyway I really want one but I can't find any calorie counts for them yet. Might have to check out the US website but I'm not sure if they'd be prepared the same way!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

rainbowstripe- talk about motivation! That is so wonderful and inspirational to me that you got that amazing compliment from your manager! yay!

Fit4Lyfe- We are hear to help motivate you! You have 2 and a half weeks to pull off that loss! You can do it!

katy trail- the card sounds like a good idea! You will blow your family away!

ugh well I started the day out great. But after lunch I was still starving and went to the hospital gift shop and OMG ate too much candy. But instead of letting that ruin my entire day, I am hoping I can stay OP and make good choices the rest of the night. This dieting is so friggin hard.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #134  

JessieCat I always kind of like those types of compliments because they're unexpected but reaffirming that I'm actually doing something that is noticeable! In my mind I kind of still feel the same size.
What did you eat for lunch that left you still hungry?
Old 11-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #135  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Tuesday & Wednesday Question~ What is one exercise you have thought about trying, but have never gotten around to? Why?
Closed Thread