20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies!

I woke up in a terrible mood this morning, and I'm really glad I'd already planned today as a "no exercise" day due to my muscle soreness from Monday's jogging and compounded by last night's Zumba class. The Zumba was actually really great again, I felt so energized afterwards! I wish that feeling had carried on to today - I'll keep my calories in check but I will not be doing much of anything at all. I'm feeling a little sensitive so I've come to my parent's house for the day/night rather than staying at my boyfriend's - think I just need some time to chill out alone!
Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

Hey girls
Ugh so not having a good week. I was sick yesterday and today. I haven't worked out since last week and I have been eating terribly. i am in such a bad mood. At this point, if I have a maintain it will be a miracle. ugh! I will check back in later....
Old 11-04-2010, 12:36 AM   #108  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i haven't been exercising or eating healthy enough, but i had a great day today we did several tours of houses we liked. we found one we are really excited about, trying to put an offer up for it. hopefully that goes well. love that house! spent more time with dh too. we don't spend much time together, he gets really busy working, and he works night shift so his sleep schedule is often opposite of me and the kids. much less stressful day than i've been having lately, so greatly appreciated

tomorrow is grocery day. great to have healthy food again, but many times having 'alot' of food in the house seemed to be a trigger. it's so easy to eat more than i should, without it being noticable, bc there's so much left. i've been doing really well in the last few months, although we are also getting less food since our food budget is tighter. so hopefully, i'll be flying through that temptation without a problem.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:24 AM   #109  

JessieCat I hope you're feeling better soon! Just take care of yourself.

katy trail Woooo new house! That sounds pretty exciting! I hope you get what you're after! Good for you on getting to spend more time with your husband, I'm sure that's a really welcome change. Good luck on beating the temptation of food!

~I had a pretty good day today! It's only 6.30ish pm, but it's been good so far. I had a sleep in, had a good smoothie and then got to tidying up my room at my parents. I only spend one night, sometimes 2, per week at their house, but I was getting really down about the huge mess I'd made in my room. Clothes everywhere, dust, cobwebs...just an unorganized mess that was stressing me out. I tidied my clothes at my boyfriend's house yesterday, so thought it was time for some of the same at my parents. Well, I spent nearly 3 hours tidying up and moving some things around - real spring cleaning seeing as it's Spring here in New Zealand! Now I almost called that my workout and was done with it...but no! I had some lunch, after 4pm, so late! Then I waited an hour and got 26 minutes in on the treadmill! Yay. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do for dinner. I'm not that hungry but I have over half of my daily calories left to eat, and I don't want to skimp too badly on that, especially as I was pretty active today. Eating 630 calories (what I'm currently sitting on for the day) is just not acceptable for me, but I don't know what to do.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #110  

rainbowstripe- i love getting organized! it puts me in a better mood plus motivates me to exercise and be productive in other ways. Yay for exercising.

katy trail- how exciting! good luck. i know what you mean about having a lot of food being a trigger.

well i am feeling better but still a little blah. The scale went up a lot and is going back down slowly. I hope I can get back to my WI weight from last week but I'm not sure. I am going to try to exercise every day until WI and try my best with my diet.
I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'8

i havent worked out since mon!! people have been working my nerves all week!! UGH!!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:47 PM   #112  

Come on ladies, we can do it! Week 2 WI only a few days away!

Personally I'm really hoping for a drop, though not entirely hopefully. I had a mini-gain midweek, now I'm back to my WI weight from Sunday again...if I'm going to lose, it usually shows up on the scale at the end of the week, but it's Friday here now and I saw no hint of loss..so we'll see how it goes in the next two days! I'm hoping I just have a really giant poop haha and that will make me lose! TMI, sorry!
I've been doing good with food and exercise so I am positive but still not too too hopeful!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #113  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Jessiecat - Take care of yourself! It's no fun being sick and trying to lose weight

Katy trail - Good luck on the house offer! My husband and I bought our first house in March - what an adventure

Rainbowstripe - I am so jealous that it's spring for you! Winter is definitely almost here - it rained ice chunks here yesterday for a little bit Good luck with the next few days!

Oh my gosh, ladies, I have been *soooooo* bad this week! I had a great weekend last weekend with family in town and Halloween parties and volunteer training, but I really overdid it and I've been struggling to get my energy back. And because of that, I feel like I've had no willpower when it comes to co-workers bringing in bags of their kid's Halloween candy or my husband wants to get pizza for dinner

I have no idea what the scale is going to do at this next weigh in, but I do have all of this weekend to be good. I don't have much planned, so I should be able to get back on track with exercise and eating. I'm going to try to be good today - hopefully all of the leftover candy will be gone from work!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #114  
Diet and Exercise!

S/C/G: 185/165/135

Height: 5'3"

I've been better this week than last week, but still not great. I too am hoping that the good outweighs the bad and I have a loss! *crossed fingers*
Old 11-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #115  

smisen- i totally know what you mean about Halloween eating! I ate not so great when my parents were here. Even though they left monday morning I continued poor eating habits mon and tues. Ugh not good! I am expecting a gain this week, but still below my starting weight.

rainbowstripe- fingers crossed for that pesky scale to show a loss!

Janel- it's crazy how a full week goes by and I didn't work out either! Let's get back on track!

fatmac- will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Ugh I am trying to stay OP. I have to go to Toronto next thur through sun which will surely be a diet-derailing trip! We will see though! I am trying but it is so hard to lose weight this time of year especially!

Good luck this weekend Team!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #116  
Leave shame behind

Height: 5'10"

I am out of town so I'm going to miss the weigh in tomorrow. I should be back in time for next weeks weigh in.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #117  

Hey ladies, since it's Sunday here I posted my weigh in. Only 1.1 pounds down this week, but it's better than nothing seeing as I thought I wouldn't lose at all! Had a kind of off-plan night last night but nothing too extreme - I need to keep these things in proportion in my mind and not blow them up to be bigger issues than they are. I stressed out a lot this morning and then realised it wasn't as bad as I thought. I also am not sure whether I worked out the percentage lost thing right, wasn't sure whether to use the total pounds lost for the challenge to work out percentage lost or whether to just use this weeks loss...
Old 11-07-2010, 06:48 AM   #118  
Diet and Exercise!

S/C/G: 185/165/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! (and I mean morning - I'm up way too early because of the time change!)

Posted a loss this week, which also kind of surprised me. I wasn't thinking I had a great week, but lost 1.8 pounds, which is right on track!

I also wasn't sure how to calculate % lost, so I posted two: %loss from last week to this week, and %loss adding my total weight lost for two weeks.

Good luck to everyone else!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:51 AM   #119  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies.
I've had such a stupidly busy week that I haven't been on here at all and now somehow we've gone from page 5 to page 9?! Argh. Might read through the backlog later if I have time, but for now: just weighed myself and I'm down 2.2 pounds!!! Which means I now weigh what I did when I was 13! Hooray! Working my way down
I've had a few bad days (hangovers) which have included pots of noodles and high-in-calorie egg and bacon sandwiches, but I've mainly been on porridge, soup and WW meals with veggies, so apparently it's working!!!

I'm just about to go and sit on the beach because even though it's freezing (7 degrees celsius - 44 fahrenheit), the sun has actually come out! So I'm going to take my book and sit and read for a while and then maybe walk up to the far end of the prom and back (it's a long prom!)

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
Old 11-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #120  

rainbowstripe, katylil, fatmac- awesome job with the losses! Very happy to hear!!!

carlyjordan- glad you found something that is working for you!

Ugh I have a gain for this week but am still down from my starting weight. I expected that from my bad weekend last week and not totally on top of things at the beginning of this week. But I am feeling good today and motivated to try my very best. I am nervous about my long weekend coming up in Toronto. I am 1 for 2 in terms of diet-derailing challenges. I will make a plan and really try to stick to it!

Good luck this week Team!

Last edited by JessieCat; 11-07-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Closed Thread