Old 01-24-2005, 02:12 PM   #31  

OK. My 'new habit' is to cook more.......which is going well. Yesterday I made a very nice tomato and coriander soup.....and tonight my chicken provencal is bubbling away on the stove as I type......So far, I am really enjoying this new habit!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Claire. I'm glad you are liking cooking. I love to cook and try new things.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:15 PM   #33  
Learning to love ME!

Just a little update: I have not had any sweets since 12/31/04. I've also been snack free except 2 little slip ups early on. As Howie pointed out, it takes 21 days to form a habit; today is the 24th day, so I feel I've done it! I, too, am going back to my list to see what vice I can conquer next. We are powerful!!!
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:47 PM   #34  
Live for the Moment!

Claire - I like cooking too and have been trying to do more of it. I just find it soooo hard sometimes during the work week as I'm pooped by the time I get home from work. But, I'm doing my best and making sure I have some easy stuff on hand too!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:58 AM   #35  

Thanks for the support Dawnyal - you know, I am quite amazed that I am liking cooking.....actually, I find it quite therapeutic. I also think its much easier to eat healthily if you cook your own food!

Celina - I know exactly what you mean about being exhausted during the work week. I don't expect to cook every night - that's too much - but I find if I cook a huge quantity, that keeps me going for a couple of days. Luckily, I walk past a great fruit & veg shop, a great fish shop, and a butcher, on my walk home from work - so I can always pick something easy up on route!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:45 PM   #36  

Darlene--that is great on the no sweets. I don't know that I could give them up all the way. I'm afraid my hubby would end up force-feeding me some to keep me from being too much of a witch

Celina I am the same way and to tell you the truth that if I didn't have the 3 kids to cook for when I get home, I know I would end up eating out or just eating junk because I am too tired. We live off of hamburger helper and stuff like that. I know it's not the healthiest of meals so I just get my 1 cup serving and then load my plate with veggies.

And now for the good news--I only had about 1350 calories yesterday AND I did not snack last night. That's a major deal for me.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:40 AM   #37  

Found a new habit to work on--my snooze button. As I set my alarm for 5:15 this morning so I could get up at 5:30 and try the 4 mile WATP super challenge. I kept hitting the alarm. I finally got up at 6 a.m. and did the 2 mile tape, which is what I should've planned for in the first place. This is a habit I've had since junior high and all the time I'm hitting the snooze, I'm thinking to myself "What kind of sleep am I really getting in the 9 minutes before the alarm goes off again? Wouldn't it be better to just set it to where I actually want to get up and not hit the snooze?"

So tonight I'm moving the alarm to across the room and going to set it for 6 a.m. and concentrate on doing the 2 mile WATP tape in the mornings.