Old 01-04-2005, 09:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Non-Scale Victories for January

My first non-scale victory for the new year is that I'm having a lot of stress in my life, and I'm not eating over it. My choc-o-meter smelled chocolate on my DH today, but I didn't ask for a piece.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:16 PM   #2  
Ready to take care of me!

I wanted some chocolate covered almonds and didn't deny myself but only had 10 and was satisfied it also was figured into my calorie intake today and I stayed inside my limit.
~moon puppy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

WTG u2. Chocolate is a big downfall for me lately and I'm not a big chocolate eater (Just around TOM).
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:23 PM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Hey great victory Sheila and Moon Puppy.

I have one also. I had to go to the vets this morning to update our cat on his shots. So I stopped at McDonalds to get coffee and a grilled chicken sandwich. I order the sandwich with mustard because you drop a 100 calories off without mayo.

Anyhow the lady handed me my bag and I went and parked to eat. I opened the bag and there were two hot apple pies and no sandwich. So I go back through the drive though and they have the nerve to tell me to come in and they will straighten it out. I was kind of mad and just said it's pouring down rain I'm not coming in. So I get up to the window and they said they were sorry and we will bring your sandwich out if you pull up.

So I do and here comes the manager with my sandwich and said sorry about the mix up so we put two apple pies and a French Fries in the bag. ARRRRGH! I was good and threw the pies and fries away.

I used to love it when things like that happened. Now I love being able to have the strength to put it in the trash instead of in my stomach.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 04:18 PM   #5  
PamPSM644

Ya! Moon Puppy and Shelia.Way-ta-go. Gues what everyone. Weight-loss is also a cure for sleepapnia(Hope thats how it's spelled) Sure you've heard how dangerous it is. The news was saying it may of been the cause of Regie White's death.I used to have the symtoms. Loud snorring. pauses between breaths. It was so bad it would wake me up out of a sound sleep. My son told me last nite that I wasn't snorring anymore and that the pausing also had stopped. The benifits from losing just half of the weight I need to just keeps on coming.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:14 PM   #6  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Way to go you all ~ you're doing great.

I have some small ones, I have stayed on plan for 2 days now. Did not indulge in any of the treats that were still hanging around at work. And tonight when frustrated with my DH, felt like reaching for food, but instead went and pedaled on the bike for a mile. Yippee!!
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #7  

This was a first for me. I always hit Trader Joe's on Friday, and I always go for the free coffee. Unfortunately, they always have some kind of food (today it was my favorite cookies and also caramel corn). I have never been able to stop myself from taking a few to munch on while I shop. I always have enough WW points left to stay on my plan, but I didn't like the fact that it was becoming a weekly habit.

Well, today I took the coffee and bypassed the cookies and caramel corn. I felt very virtuous.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

That is awesome Sheila. I don't know that I could've had that much willpower if it was my favorite cookies.

For me I had received a pair of size 22 jeans for Christmas. I tried them on and they were huge. I had to take them back and exchange them for 20s but in slacks. Well I didn't bother to try them on and had been waiting to since I had tried some shorts in the summer and the jean type fit fine but the other material was way too tight in the same size. Turns out I had nothing to worry about. They fit just fine this morning. Looked great with the 18/20 top mom got me to go with them.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:41 PM   #9  

Okay, we need to hear some of these!

I have two. I opened the big box of chocolates that my DH got for Christmas because I was stressed and really wanted to eat, but I just looked and sniffed, and told myself that losing weight was worth more to me than eating a chocolate.

On Sunday, nobody wanted to cook so we ordered pizza. Instead of eating pizza (which is a "trigger" food for me, and always makes me feel physically awful after I eat it), I had some soup, and didn't feel deprived at all.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I finally have one!!

I was just about to shut down my computer and i got this random itch on my forearm, and I felt something I hadn't noticed before. "What the **** is that?" I said to myself.

It's a MUSCLE! my arms are getting DIESEL!! YAY! (my arms are definitlely my worst feature so I'm trying to pay special attention to them at the gym).

Sheila, SNIFFING CHOCOLATE? I could never do that. Heck, if I smelled it first I'd probabyl eat even more wow, that is willpower. I am glad you shared that, it's inspiring.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 09:48 AM   #11  
Learning to love ME!

OK, yesterday I had one. We have some very fine pastry shops near us, and for a real treat, I would often have several little cakes from one. My mom and sister were visiting this weekend, and my dh brought some of those luscious things home. I didn't eat any, and sent the remaining cakes home with my mom. It's practially inconceivable!
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:16 PM   #12  

Since the scale isn't moving much for me, I have to take my victories where I can get 'em, you know?

Last night we were busy and so my DH stopped at Jack In The Box (my favorite drive-in) and got some greasy fast food. I held the food bag on my lap, but waited until I got home and made myself a smoothie for dinner.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:28 PM   #13  

Way to go sheila! That is a proud and difficult victory!
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:21 PM   #14  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

My NSVs are basically the fact that I recovered from the munching of the holidays and I have been OP perfectly for over 2 weeks. I have also put in my food into fitday for the past 2 weeks.

Also, I bought some sugar free cookies and I opened up the bag and ate 1 serving which has really never happened to me before. I know it is probably a bad idea to tempt myself but I did want something for an occassional treat and told myself that I'd not eat more than 1 serving.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 05:31 AM   #15  

Way to go Nelie - you are doing brilliantly!!!

Well, I have a strange, potential NSV......there's a possibility that I may have to do a live interview on TV (London early evening news) next week.......won't know until Monday if it is happening....but I absolutely hate hate hate hate having my photo taken, being videoed etc, and so this is a scary and terrifying prospect for me. However, I have been thinking about it, and thinking how much better a prospect it is than it would have been before I lost some weight. I feel much better about the way I look, I have some decent clothes to wear, and I am confident. And doing the interview will be great publicity for the mental health/volunteering programme which I run, so it will be worth facing this particular demon, if I have to!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote