Old 06-25-2005, 02:48 AM   #211  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessofsarahtolove
Oh! And since my hair started growing back a little before the end of my treatment, they can each get in a nice fuzzy head rub for you guys as well! They'll have missed my Kojak period; I've moved right into Fuzzle territory. It does feel pretty good though, if I do say so myself! I guess I'll let Howie and Kimberley be the judges, since probably they're more impartial than either Lorraine or I!
LOL-I'd have to aggree the fuzzy head rub's are nice! Dh's hair is finally growing in but I sure loved running my hand over his fuzzy head. Was like a massage for your hand.
Have fun, Sarah, Lorraine, Howie and Gardenwife! it is so cool that you guys get to hang out together!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:26 PM   #212  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up No Mo Chemo!

At the risk of coming across as TOTALLY self-involved, I wanted to share with you guys that today is the first day that I would have had to go off to chemo......AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO!!!!!!!!

Last night was really rough for me physically, and maybe it's a combination of not having to go to chemo today and that, but I'm sort of emotional today! I'm very worried about my upcoming scans on Wednesday, so maybe that's a factor also.

Last night Lorraine and I went with her sister and Lorraine's nephew to the Yankees/Orioles game here in Baltimore (Let's go Yankees, let's go!! *stomp* *stomp* ) and there was just massive rain, so it was delayed and delayed. We waited for almost 3 hours on our feet in the jostling crowd, and I had to walk up and down stairs and about 5 blocks each way between the parking lot and Camden Yards. I was doing great until 2 hours into it, but then I started to fade. I really wanted us to stay (it ended up being postponed) because it was Lorraine's 40th birthday present and we'd even arranged for a message on the scoreboard to say happy 40th birthday to her between the 3rd and 4th innings. So I didn't want to cause us to have to leave if the game was eventually going to go on. I was over-ridden though, and so we did leave. When we were almost back to the parking lot, I guess I was just pushing myself too much, and I almost hyperventilated twice! I just couldn't breathe, couldn't catch my breath -- I actually cried! One of the chemo chemicals does damage to the lungs, and I've been having taking deep breaths -- going up stairs is hard, etc. Anyway, now I'm worried about going home to NYC this weekend. I know now that I just really can't walk around much. Woo, I'm having a big time pity party! And here I came to celebrate not having chemo today!!

Alright, I'll end this on a positive note: I know that my physical condition will improve. It will. My last chemo was exactly two weeks ago -- so it's only going to get better! Right?!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:57 PM   #213  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, Sarah. You're not totally self-involved at all! In fact, it's a privilege to read your words.

You're bound to be very emotional after all you've been through. Your body and mind have really been ravaged over the last year, and it's only natural to need a break from always being measured and controlled in what you do. You're a courageous lady who is a great inspiration to us all. Just remember, you don't have to be "strong" all the time. All the people who love you are there to give you support in the same way you so generously give yours.

It's great that your chemo has ended. Yay! I really hope those scans will bring good news for you too. :
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 04:13 PM   #214  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Sarah,

I am not very good with the words ~ but wanted to say keep hanging in there ~ lots of thoughts, prayers and hugs for you.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:30 PM   #215  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessofsarahtolove
Alright, I'll end this on a positive note: I know that my physical condition will improve. It will. My last chemo was exactly two weeks ago -- so it's only going to get better! Right?!
Damn skippy it's gonna get better!!

You can't fade on me now--I just met you!! Tell you what--I'll kick your butt when you need it if you'll kick mine--deal?
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:28 PM   #216  

Bless you Sarah. When I get down about my weight loss journey I only have to think of you and it puts everything into perspective (can someone pass me a kleenex please). You deserve to have a year long pity party, and you know what, you have just got on with everything,your treatment, thinking about those around you, and jumping back on the weight loss horse, so you can be more than forgiven the odd pity filled lapse.

You are such a star, and such a light to everyone around you. The fact that you are doing so much only two weeks after chemo is a tribute to your resilience, just don't push yourself too hard. Your poor old body has received a right battering, and you need time to get your groove back into full swing.

We all love you to bits, and we're so proud of you! And it's so great to have you back amongst us, we've missed you.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:49 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hey, everyone likes a good pity party now and again, and you're certainly entitled. Things will only get better!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:28 PM   #218  
Crazy Canuck

I know the end of chemo signifies the beginning of the journey to "new normal", but you can't put too many demands or expectations on yourself just yet, Sarah. G maintains that emotional recovery from the trauma of cancer treatment takes longer than the actual physical recovery, so I guess you must give yourself a chance to get your head around what you've been through the last six months and also take time to adjust to life after treatment. But, I do understand how hard it must be for someone as strong-willed and determined as you to be patient, especially when you're anxious to put it all behind you (except that which you value as life experience) and get on with everything you want to do. Yes, it can only get better, and it will, perhaps slowly to begin with, but definitely surely. We're all counting on it - and we know you'll make it happen!

Last edited by Jillegal; 06-30-2005 at 07:31 PM.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:34 PM   #219  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, everyone. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support. All of you really touched me -- Jill, that you took the time to say exactly the right thing in the midst of all that you're currently going through....well, I'll just say thank you.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:21 PM   #220  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Damn skippy it's gonna get better!!
I don't know about you, Sarah, but that produced a fit of giggles out of me.

Howie and I pray for your PET scans to give you good news, plus for you to regain your physical strength and endurance in record time.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:39 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm always thinking of you and wishing the best for you. I pray that the PET scan will be clean. I know it will! You've come so far in many ways. I am so lucky to know you. We all are. You've been a huge inspiration to us all. So glad you are back 'round here. Love ya!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:46 AM   #222  
Laura

How frustrating - remember though that your body will need a bit of time to bounce back but that our bodies are amazing things! They are able to repair themselves after disease in miraculous ways - I have no doubt that yours is working to do so right now!

In the meantime, take it easy as much as you need to! :morehugs:
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:25 PM   #223  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hey, Sarah - Thinking about you tonight, on the eve of your PET scan. Prayers going up for you!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 04:45 PM   #224  
Laura

From the other thread, I know a lot is happening today - I'm thinking of you and wishing you and your very significant other well - I hope that everything turns out great. Update when you can! ((((HUGS))))
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote