Old 12-19-2021, 10:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!
Gone Astray Thanks! You know I didn't treat myself at all...something about just seeing that number and the smaller clothes, etc...is my treat. That may sound cliche' but it's true. It is truly cool now to be getting into some 16 jeans when just over a year ago it was a 24! That's part of why I post here, it is sort of like therapy to write and think about it some. I am glad you write down what you are eating. It does really help you remember things you've had that you may truly forget. That does give the confidence like you said that any uptick is sodium, needing to process the food. etc...I know I too seem to go up quite a bit with sodium but it's what I really like the most. I can't do the fasting though, I bow to you. LOL

Hope everyone is well and starts checking in again...
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 08:26 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 4"

Hello,
I didn't make it with the fasting on Friday. I did drink a lot of lemon water but I decided to watch my sodium and eat on program. Water weight is gone today and was down to 234.6 lowest yet, this time. I had alcohol Friday and Sat-mistake! Felt awful and while Sat didn't show a gain in the scale, I didn't get on yesterday. Not good for me to miss a day as it often leads to total derailment. But I did get on this am and I have lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks. At my age (66) I guess that is as good as it is going to get, I still want to be more active.

Loganandlivsmom, nice on getting into the 16s. I am still quite a ways from that yet, I need to lose another 20 at least. But I didn't gain it overnight and it isn't going to go as fast as I would like. I am not calling this a diet, this is my lifestyle, fake it 'til you make it. Both my father and now my brother are Type 2 diabetics, I saw my fasting BS rising each year and this year my Dr told me to get on a low carb diet and get at least 25 lbs off to bring it down. Low carb eating needs to be a way o life for me. I do make the zero carb cloud bread and I do like it so that is in my meal plan, I can have burger or sandwich with it
Gone Astray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 06:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Hi, a quick check in today...my weight is going on down slowly but surely! Today I was 192.8, officially 71 pounds lost.

Gone Astray 8 pounds is great in two weeks no matter your age really! After the first few weeks you are thrilled to even see a pound a week. My mom has lost weight too, and she is doing low carb following the Keto diet. It's worked great for her. She has gone from XL to medium now.

RunningRedHead Hope all is well, and you check in soon!

Merry Christmas to all , hopefully this thread does pick up again after the new year.
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:30 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Hello all! Happiest of holidays to those who celebrated! First time checking in a couple weeks—the end of the semester madness really overwhelmed me, and then the very next day we were heading west to visit family out of state for Christmas. It was a wonderful week where I stayed on plan 95% of the time. I only had access to a scale intermittently while away and am glad to see that despite it being shark week, I’m still in the negative for the month of December. While I will not reach my goal this month, I am proud of myself for not using the holidays as an excuse to go off the rails (even if there was too much wine )—it was incredibly tempting! I am very much looking forward to seeing what 2022 has in store and have been reflecting over the past couple of days on what I would like my January and yearly goals to be. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year!!!

SW: 228.1
12/14: 227.1
GW: 219

Week 3:
12/15: 226.7 (-0.4)
12/16: NWI—under the weather
12/17: 230.5 (+3.8)
12/18: 228.1 (-2.4)
12/19: NWI
12/20: NWI
12/21: 225.8 (-2.3)
Total for week 3: -1.3
Total for December: -2.3

Week 4:
12/22: 225.9 (+3.9)
12/23: Travelling
12/24: Travelling
12/25: Travelling
12/26: 227.0 (+1.1)
12/27: Travelling
12/28: Travelling
Total for week 4: +1.2
Total for December: -1.1

Final days:
12/29: Travelling
12/30: 227.2 (+0.2)
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 12:15 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

It's been a long time since I checked in! I hope everyone is well on this New Year's Eve and enjoyed a lovely and peaceful Christmas holiday. Please join me over on the January thread!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote