Old 11-30-2021, 08:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Default Put a Bow On It!: December 2021 Check-in & Accountability Thread

Welcome to DECEMBER friends and the 2021 daily weigh-in/check-in thread! This is an open invitation to one and all to join our little holiday party, make some new friends and enjoy the support of some really fantastic folks.
Here you can:
~track your weight daily, weekly or however you'd like ... but do check in
~keep track of what you eat or didn't eat
~keep track of your water intake or lack of
~keep track of your exercise/other goals
~vent, rant ... express yourself or just chit-chat

Last week those of us in the United States celebrated Thanksgiving. While the holiday has past, every December I find myself reflecting upon the previous eleven months and becoming more thoughtful about what the year has brought me--for better or worse. Does the month of December inspire the same in you? Putting a bow on it carries with it the finality of the gift wrapping process as well as the anticipation of presenting something meaningful to someone. Does this time of year make you excited for the holidays and with a new spark of energy? Or are you exhausted and looking forward to the end of the year? Maybe a little of both? However you need to "put a bow on it" do it!

We've worked all year on improving our health and wellness. Some days are better than others and that's to be expected. Did you spend too much time on perceived failures and "could've, should've, would've" that you forgot how much progress you've made? That's in the past. Now it's time to put away the disappointments and missteps. Let this be a season of generosity; a time when we can show some personal kindness, appreciation and gratitude toward ourselves as well as to others.

Wishing everyone a lovely and peaceful holiday season, and may the splendor of December remain with each of us long into the new year.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Thanks as always Curvynotlumpy for starting this thread. RunningRedHead you have had quite the busy month. It is great that you did so well in spite of it. It sounds like the boyfriend's parents visit went well and you took the GRE exam as well? I am tired just reading all that. LOL
I didn't meet my November goal and honestly it doesn't really matter. I am happy to be "kicking butt in ONDERLAND." I was 196 on Thanksgiving and am now 197.4. I know it's just the normal fluctuations of not enough fiber one day and or too much sodium-carbs etc which causes water retention. With that said, I would like to make it to 194 by 12/31 so that is my goal. I want to see 70 pounds lost!
Make it a great December everyone!
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 06:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

loganandlivsmom: Way to go staying in onederland! Your goal for the month seems reasonable, I know you're more than capable of achieving it. Best of luck!

Curvy: Thank you so much for continuing the monthly thread!

Good Morning All!

This month, despite the upcoming holiday festivities, my goal is to get back into the 210s in time for 2023. To do this I will be focusing on adequate hydration, no alcohol (empty calories and senseless eating trigger), and now that my work schedule is calming down a bit, getting out for walks with Loki in the neighborhood. I’m also very excited to get back into my regular Monday night yoga class. Good luck all-- onward and downward!

SW: 228.1
GW: 219

Week 1:
12/1: 228.7 (+0.6)

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 12-02-2021 at 09:59 AM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 06:24 AM   #4  

RunningRedHead Thanks for your constant encouragement. It would be cool for both of us to be at the 70 pound mark around the same time and in time for the new year!

I am inching down again. I was 197.4 two days ago. Now I am 195.8!!

How are you Martine and William? I hope all is well and you two check in soon.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:47 PM   #5  

Loganandlivsmom: 70 lbs down sounds like a dream! I’ve been there once before, but not for quite a while! We got this!!! Way to go on your continued drop—you’re slaying it!

I’m very solidly in the 228s still and I used the busyness of this past week to stop focusing on hydration (and there may have been some gin). Pushing through to finish 2021 strong and I’m very excited to be heading to my first yoga class since August 16th (had to check the app for that one!). This semester really got away from me, and when my hip got more and more cranky I was afraid to go to some of the more challenging classes. Onward and downward—downward dog that is!

Week 1:
12/2: 228.3 (-0.4)
12/3: 228.9 (+0.6)
12/4: 228.5 (-0.4)
12/5: 228.7 (+0.2)
12/6: 228.1 (-0.6)
Old 12-07-2021, 07:05 AM   #6  

I can’t believe we’re already at the end of the first week of December. I feel like I’ve said that every week and month so far this year! Now that things are less busy at work (still busy, but I don’t feel like I’m barely keeping my head above water anymore), I’m going back to focusing on pre-logging food, so I don’t overeat. Yoga last night was fantastic and just what I needed. My hip got tight, but not too uncomfortable, so I’m hoping it will be helped by the gentle exercise. Today will be busy, but food is already prepped and I’m ready to buckle down and get to this month’s goal!

Week 1:
12/2: 228.3 (-0.4)
12/3: 228.9 (+0.6)
12/4: 228.5 (-0.4)
12/5: 228.7 (+0.2)
12/6: 228.1 (-0.6)
12/7:228.4 (+0.3)
Total for week 1: +0.3
Total for December: +0.3
Old 12-08-2021, 12:58 PM   #7  

Just a quick check-in for me today!

12/7: 228.4

Week 2:
12/8: 228.4 (+/-0)
Old 12-08-2021, 07:55 PM   #8  

Hi! Nothing really to report weight loss wise. I am up and down the same pound to pound and a half and seem to be hanging in around 197. I am going to call it a plateau. LOL I have to remind myself in February I set a goal of 199 by the end of the year. I am still happy to be even below that. I still would like to lose weight, but even if I didn't being a size 18 and even some 16's is so much better than my 24's.

RunningRedHead Yes. logging your food is the best thing to do. You are doing great doing that and even trying the yoga class! I think both of us have figured out that we have to keep doing this to lose weight or not gain it back. I really did used to eat too low calorie wise and lose fast but gain it back just as fast. I don't know how many times it took before I finally have gotten that in my head!!
Old 12-09-2021, 05:57 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 4"

good evening,
I am new here and would love to join you. Been working on losing weight off and on for about 45 years, so I know how I gained and how to lose, I just can't always do what I should. Honestly I thought when I got to be 66 I would have my stuff together, be so responsible, reliable, and accountable. Surprise! I started back on Atkins this past Monday so today is day 4, feeling good, down 3 lbs, but happy that I am in control. I am not hungry, tracking all my food in my fitbit ap to track the carbs. All I can say is so far so good. I did Atkins the first time about 25 years ago and I lost 70 lbs in less than 4 months, I had to stop when I was put on a medication that required a low fat diet. No excuse but getting older and having bad knees with being heavy is a scary combination. So here I go!
Gone Astray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 08:06 PM   #10  

Welcome Gone Astray!!

It's a safe bet that most of us with weight issues have a similar story. I know I do. I have been overweight - obese in various degrees since my teens. Several times I have lost 50 pounds quickly only to gain it back quickly as well. I find the key for me doing better this time is sticking with it and not under eating. I am counting my calories and tracking them every day. Feel free to check in often, after January this thread will get more active again when we get through the holidays and the New Years Resolutions kick in. LOL
Old 12-14-2021, 07:36 AM   #11  

good morning

thank you for the welcome,
I am now in day 8, still feeling really good. So much of sticking to a program is mental/emotional for me. If I am in a good head space, I can power through. I am down 6 lbs, very happy, which for me snow balls into getting more done, feeling good about that, doing more, happily staying on program. Working to get in 5k a day for steps, in good weather when I am gardening and doing yard work I usually get in 8-10 k but not as easy for me now. I just have to keep the faith knowing that if I work the program, I will lose, perhaps not a loss each day on the scale but every few days should show a change. I just can't wait until I have lost enough to get into some of my smaller clothes Ah patience!
Old 12-15-2021, 09:06 AM   #12  

Gone Astray: to the thread! loganandlivsmom and I were just talking about the importance of tracking and knowing what we should and shouldn’t do. We’re very happy to have you here, and as loganandlivsmom mentioned, I imagine the thread will definitely pick back up again in January. I look forward to chatting with you!

Loganandlivsmom: I think you hit the nail on the head—making sure the changes are realistic, sustainable, and getting that combo through to our heads!

This busy semester is beginning to get even more so as we head into finals week—my last group’s final is tomorrow, then there will be meetings to analyze the exam stats, post the grades, and then Monday and Tuesday next week will be counseling for those who were unsuccessful. With this time getting so busy, and adding yoga back into the mix, I still managed to meal prep for the first half of the week on Sunday. It has been my excuse all semester that “I’m too busy,” and “I don’t have time to prep.” Well, it took an hour. 60 minutes—that’s all the time it took for me to set myself up to make the right choices when it comes to my nutrition this week. I wrote it down and texted Boyfriend to remind me of this the next time I say “I don’t have time.” I hope everyone’s week is off to a good start!

12/7: 228.4

Week 2:
12/8: 228.4 (+/-0)
12/9: 228.4 (+/-0)
12/10: 228.4 (+/-0)
12/11: 227.2 (-1.2)
12/12: 229.8 (+2.6)
12/13: 227.5 (-2.3)
12/14:227.1 (-0.4)
Total for week 2: -1.3
Total for December: -1.0

Week 3:
12/15: 226.7 (-0.4)
Old 12-16-2021, 08:36 AM   #13  

Good morning,
thanks for the welcome.
Days are getting easier as I have a definite pattern of eating. I live alone so I really don't have to keep certain things here. My boyfriend and I go back and forth to each others homes for days at a time so i do need to keep some things here. There have been times when I have shopped as he was coming down and something happened-sick dog- and I was left alone with a loaf of bread, it quickly disappeared, not good for me, I finished knitting the last pair of slippers for grandsons and got them wrapped. Today is some house cleaning, also need to clean up my workshop and put tools away. It isn't heated so I won't be making anything out there for quite a while.

Ann
Old 12-17-2021, 07:57 AM   #14  

I have not posted my weight loss recently ..since I wasn't believing it would last and didn't want to jinx it , but I made the 70 pound goal and it hasn't gone back up, it went down again today!
RunningRedHead Way to go on the meal prepping! One hour isn't bad knowing how much that one hour really helps the week go much smoother. I see on your stats you are down one pound this month as well. Good job!
GoneAstray You mentioned you can't wait to get into your smaller clothes. It will be here before you know it! Do you write down everything you eat? I think it helps keeping me from eating too much. I know I can have 1900 a day and maintain so eating all this bread will put me over, etc...I also have been doing better with getting to bed on time or earlier so I don't get hungry and eat more.

Old 12-17-2021, 09:10 AM   #15  

Good morning from a cold windy NH.

Food has been fine, I was up a lb this am, but looking over my journal I know it isn't body weight. today i will do a day of fasting, just drinking herbal tea and lemon water., i do this occasionally to flush out the water weight. I am very sensitive to sodium and anything over 1000mg per day affects me. So days of breakfast meats have caught up to me. Seems everything that goes with eggs is full of sodium: chicken sausage, bacon, ham, etc. I also had pork rinds in the last few days, those are going in the trash today.

RunningRedhead-I am so with you and the importance of prepping once or twice a week. I like to have premeasured foods right in the front of the fridge so I don't go poking around. Baby dill pickles are the first thing you see in my fridge! At times I go one step further and write down what I am going to eat the next day in my journal, then there is no thinking about 'other' foods or getting into trouble, it is right there in print.

Loganandivs mom- big woo hoo on 70 lbs gone! I hope you treated yourself to something wonderful -not food!

I have errands to run this am, big Xmas dinner on Sunday so I need to pick up dessert=will do cheesecake, I can stay away from that.