Old 01-01-2022, 12:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Default The You in 2022: January 2022 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread

Happy New Year!!

Welcome to the January 2022 weigh-in/check-in thread. The big holidays are behind us and a brand new year is upon on us. How will 2022 be different from 2021? The world has turned a corner but let's be honest, it's been five steps forward and five steps back at times. A flip of the calendar page doesn't magically make things all better. Still, I hold onto fervent optimism that 2022 has to be better than the year we just wrapped up (and the year before that). If there was ever a time for a fresh start it is now!

So, let's try to manage the things we can in our lives. Are you a resolution person? A goal setter? Do you have some unfinished business that you want to complete? Or do you just like the idea of having the opportunity to begin again? Count me in as part of the last group. Whatever your starting point, know that this thread is a place to chat, vent, and meet some great people along the way. This is a great "neighborhood" and we're always excited to have new people move in and get comfortable. Here, you will find generous support and encouragement so please take the leap and join us! Everyone's

Here you can:
~track your weight daily, weekly or however you'd like ... but do check in
~keep track of what you eat or didn't eat
~keep track of your water intake or lack of
~keep track of your exercise/other goals
~vent, rant ... express yourself or just chit-chat

We can and will get closer to our goals AND hit them together

Hope to see you soon and often. May this year bring good things to us all!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Happy New Year everyone!
I went back and read my December goal and it seems now I have finally made that goal. I wanted to see 70 pounds and I made to 71. After that I went up two pounds. I guess it was from eating foods over the holidays that I don't have all the time. it's hard to estimate calories in casseroles, etc...I am now back to 70 pounds down. My goal for January is 192 or 72 pounds.
KStrong I think you will like this thread, especially if it picks up again now that it's a new year. Reading what you wrote makes me again see how much we've had in common weight loss wise. I also had joined here a long time ago and have had different log ins. I think one of them was logansmom because Olivia didn't arrive until 2004. LOL
RunningRedHead I am glad you checked in and did well over the crazy holidays!
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 05:05 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 4"

Good afternoon,
Reading through the posts I realize I have not really set any goals other than to stay on my food program and move more. I know goals should be specific, meaningful, measureable and attainable, but I hate to put a number of pounds to lose each month as I don't lose very steadily or quickly at my age. Staying on my program is measureable in that I do write every bite, and that is something I can make myself do daily. I have made it 4 weeks, and 2 of those was out of state for the holidays, going to holiday meals that not only had lots of carbs and calories but alcohol. I did manage to lose 2 lbs in those 2 weeks. Decided to be happy with that as it makes a little over 10 lbs for the month. I will continue with my current goal to stay on program and I am going to help that by making new recipes each week. I need to keep this fresh, and tasty.
I salute those who are out walking in these awful cold temps. I bought a recumbent bike for myself on New Years eve and it came yesterday. I spent 3 1/2 hours putting it together, some of it standing on my head to put the screws into the seat. Now I am going to set a goal to do 15 minutes a day to start even if I have to do 2 sessions.
so I am off to see if I can handle pedaling!
Gone Astray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:56 PM   #4  

Gone Astray: Welcome to the thread! Make yourself at home. I'd say accounting for everything you eat, trying new recipes, and putting together a recumbent bike (love the recumbent bike btw) is incredibly goal driven. You stated it best when you wrote "stay on program”. You know what you want to achieve and clearly have a plan to accomplish it.

KStrong: Welcome back and HUGE on losing and keeping off 100 pounds! What a life changer! I hear you about losing water weight but I always found seeing the drop on the scale provided a good boost to my self-esteem. Sure, I knew the truth but it's just gratifying to see the scale move down instead of up.

loganandlivsmom: So good to see you and appreciate your consistency month in and month out on the thread. to you meeting your 70 pound goal! The scale has a way of flip-flopping especially at the holidays, but I've always been impressed at how quickly you pivot and get right back on track.
and good afternoon! Nice to see folks engaged early in this new year. After starting our December 2021 thread I deliberately went MIA for the month. My university is on the quarter system so finals occur early in the month and then it's downhill slide to get grading and other tasks complete before the break. Seems like everyone wants to squeeze in a last minute meeting before the university shuts down. It is !

Like Gone Astray, I'm not going to put a number on my weight. Instead, my goal not only for my health but also for my life is to reconnect--socially, physical activity, hobbies, home projects, etc. Not all at once certainly, but over time. Even before the pandemic I feel like I've been living out of a place of being overwhelmed--having an endless to-do list but never really being mindful or taking time to appreciate what I've accomplished or even what I enjoy. I've struggled being present even when I'm engaged with people and/or activities that are fun. I'm not a Type-A person-not by a long shot-just a person who is in a people facing position being pulled in many ways at once. Maybe some here have that experience too. So, no resolutions but a major goal to reconnect to my life in meaningful ways.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 01-04-2022 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 12:51 PM   #5  

Hello,
I managed 10 minutes on the bike last night. Don't want to hurt the knees in an effort to strengthen them. Will do 10 minutes a day for a week or more before I up it. My zero carb bread arrived today for my keto sandwiches. I ordered, 6 loaves so 5 will go into freezer. Well it is shaped like a loaf, sliced like a loaf, fits into the toaster and toasted. Don't know what it tastes like, when chewed it seems to turn into a crumbly lumpy mess. At least I don't have to worry about over doing it. It might be better as a grilled sandwich, I am looking for keto thousand island dressing so I can make a Reuben sandwich.

Kstrong I wouldn't worry about a lb or two day to day. I weigh in every day and have those fluctuations, just undigested food or maybe water. Keep at it and it will go back down. Good for you for 10 days on track, string them together until it becomes a way of life.

Curvy I completely get where you are coming from. Being present when other things or people are taking my time, energy or focus. I try to practice being mindful and putting all my attention on what I am doing or talking with. I left my house for 3 days with garage doors wide open because I was preoccupied on something else. It is a struggle. I am retired and live alone so i should be able to pull this off, but not always.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:31 AM   #6  

I have been working on a 'chore' list and focusing on the things I really do not want to do. When I was working I would tackle the task I really didn't want to do, but I would make myself do it, then the rest of the day felt easy. Today it is getting the extra loaves of bread into the basement freezer, putting sheets on spare bedroom bed, and cleaning the bathroom.

so on the zero carb bread- hmm. Maybe I toasted it too long, but it is crumbly and it felt like I had a mouthful of breadcrumbs. No real taste, it might lend itself better to grilled cheese or reubens. I also bought a Keto baking mix, and 'keto mashed potato' flakes. I am going all in for this food plan, I need to keep it interesting and new for the long haul.

2 days under my belt on the bike, sticking to 10 minutes a day for at least 2 weeks. I just about always go all out, cripple myself and stop so I am trying not to make that mistake this time.

Ate too much crockpot corned beef yesterday, retaining water and up a lb. I will flush it out with lots of water and keep moving.

K-great job getting out no matter what the weather. When I was working-and before the knee issues-I would get in at least a mile each morning before work with my dog. By the time I got into the building I had over 4k steps, when I got home I would walk again and always got in 10-15k steps. One winter day we headed out with flashlight and head lamp, then I heard a good size pack of coyotes not far away and we headed back home.

I am off to get things accomplished
Old 01-06-2022, 11:03 PM   #7  

Curvynotlumpy Thank you!! I think posting our goals each month really helps keep me focused. Thinking about having to lose 100 is so overwhelming but these little goals makes it manageable. Slowly but surely I am getting there!

Gone Astray Congrats on losing 10 pounds! I also write down what I eat as well and keep track of calories and fiber as well. Even a "little" goal of a pound or two a month is good. I used to say 5 pounds was a goal each month and then feel like I didn't do well since I "only" lost 3.Now I make them more like two pounds and am thrilled if I meet or beat it.

I set my goal this month as two pounds and somehow have already reached it. I can't really believe it and wonder if it's a fluke? We shall see I guess. I am not getting cocky and making a new goal just yet.
Old 01-09-2022, 11:52 PM   #8  

loganandlivsmom: What a way to kick off 2022! Congrats on meeting your two pound goal. I feel like this is just the start to your new goal achievements this year!

KStrong: I don't know where you're located geographically, but I grew up in Nebraska and can clearly remember those winds. There would be days in the winter where school was delayed in order for the sun to bring temps out of the single and below zero temps. No doubt that you will pick up your walking streak once those winds die down.

Gone Astray: I love your approach to chores you don't want to do. Crossing off the more disliked tasks on your list early is a great way to feel accomplished. I used to coordinate an undergraduate research program and gave the students a copy of Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy. From the Amazon site: "There’s an old saying that if the first thing you do each morning is eat a live frog, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing you’re done with the worst thing you’ll have to do all day. For Tracy, eating a frog is a metaphor for tackling your most challenging task—but also the one that can have the greatest positive impact on your life. " Please keep us posted about your adventure into keto products--what you like, what you don't. I've heard a lot about keto but have never known anyone personally doing it.
I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Mine seem to go by much too quickly. We found out Thursday that we will be stay remote for the remainder of January. We were remote last week but knew that this would be the case before we returned on January 3. Several staff in the unit I work in have been out ill and in general we're seeing a huge increase in positive tests. It's feeling very much like 2021...and 2020! Well, at least this time we know what we're doing. Last week went well and to be honest, it was pretty slow. That's how it usually is as folks are just checking their email and getting back into the swing of things after having been on break.

The weather here in Northern California has been very nice--cold, foggy mornings that give way to sunny skies. It's made for great walking weather. My current running shoes have seen better days. They have hardly any tread on them at all. I *think* I bought them right before the pandemic hit so my goal for next weekend is to invest in a new pair. I tend to wear the life out of my shoes, so when I get new ones I feel like a new woman.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 01-10-2022 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-10-2022, 06:00 PM   #9  

Default Motivation

Good evening everyone
I'm Gael and I would like to wish everyone a very happy new year. I would like to tell you not to give up anything for this new year 2022, take care of yourself, eat healthily, do some sport or cycling.
For my part this I took the resolution to develop a daily discipline because it is what I missed. I said to myself each week I will listen to an audio book on the discipline here is my goal for this year
Gael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Good morning to those familiar faces and those who are joining! I’m playing a bit of catch-up today after a busy few weeks of travel. We went to New Mexico to visit family from Dec. 22-29, and we just got home from a whirlwind tour of Iceland. I was completely off plan in Iceland, but we averaged 17-20k steps/day so I think I burned whatever excess carbs I consumed. However, the vacation drinking did not help the scale Yesterday marked my first day 100% back on plan. I’m reading through and catching up on everyone’s posts so far this month—it’s lovely to see the thread so lively again!
My goal for January is to get out of the 220s-- in the other direction which I think is reasonable given my current bump up is water-weight related. I also intend to get outside with the pups any day that the temperature is over 15F, and get back into my regular yoga schedule (Monday/Wednesday evenings and weekend afternoons). I will also be logging my intake via cronometer every day- recently I've noticed a hesitancy to track if I know I'm overeating or going over on carbs, so being honest with myself is a goal this month. Lastly-- hydration! 3.5-4L of water per day. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year, best of luck to you as you work toward your goals!

SW: 228.5
GW: 219

Week 1:
1/1: 228.9 (+0.4)
1/2: 229.8 (+0.9)
1/3: 229.8 (+0.9)
1/4: NWI
1/5: NWI
1/6: NWI
1/7:NWI
Week 2:
1/8: NWI
1/9: NWI
1/10: NWI
1/11: 230.7 (+0.9)
1/12: 230.1 (-0.6)

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 01-12-2022 at 09:36 AM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 07:13 AM   #11  

RunningRedHead Iceland? Wow! I can't even imagine! Now that you are back to normal living again and back on your plan and tracking, the pounds will start falling off again.

KStrong I know what you mean about the weight loss not being pretty on our 50 something bodies. I am seeing it now myself. I can see why some get a tummy tuck after losing so much weight just to get the excess loose skin off. I personally am impressed with all your exercise!

Curvynotlumpy Thanks so much!

I have been dealing with anxiety more than normal lately and it affects my appetite. I don't need to eat as much as I normally would. This month I started at 194 and now I am at 187.6.Hopefully it stays off when my appetite comes back. I am not really "trying" to lose just making sure I get at least enough calories say 1500 or so a day.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:31 PM   #12  

KStrong Thanks for your support! I feel like it's getting better. I have been eating more calories too. The weight is up some, but not crazy up, so maybe it will stay? I am still four pounds less than the beginning of the month. (194 vs 189.6 today). The new decade...yay! I am still a tiny bit in the 180's LOL. 189 will be 75 pounds! I know you will get your whoosh if it's been 8 days and you've been behaving!
Old 01-18-2022, 07:47 PM   #13  

Kayla: Iceland is on my bucket list! I can only imagine the beautiful photographs and memories you came home with. What an incredible experience.

loganandlivsmom: I'm so sorry to hear about your anxiety but am happy it is getting better. You've established good and healthy eating habits so you know how to fuel your body well and that's so important. Anxiety impacts me similarly. I always see a drop on the scale. Too bad it takes this to see the numbers go down!
KStrong: You are killing it with your exercise! No doubt you're going to see that swoosh any day now. Just keep on doing what you are doing. I agree, resting your knee is a good idea. When I read your comment about your "tummy apron" I just . I experienced the same a few years ago after losing a significant amount of weight. My body was in the best shape it was ever in but aside from surgery, there was nothing I could do about my apron. It firmed up and was smaller and I was grateful for that.
I hope everyone has been well and keeping as healthy as possible. I had a long weekend due to the MLK holiday. I bought a new pair of running shoes and I'm still deciding whether I will keep them. I need to wear them more to see if they're truly comfortable and the best fit. Due to supply chain issues, there wasn't much to choose from, but luckily the store where I bought them has a generous return policy.

We've had spring like temps here in Northern California which is just the opposite from what I'm seeing the Midwest and the East Coast. Please be extra careful whether in car or on foot if you're living in these frigid and icy conditions. Wishing you all days ahead.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

KStrong: I admire your stick-to-it attitude despite so many days at the same weight. It’s great that you’re taking measurements too, as the scale can be deceiving. Keep up the great work!
Loganandlivsmom: Way to go getting to the next decade—you’re so close to 75 lbs!

Curvy: I'm quite jealous of your spring-like temperature, please send them back east!

Our trip was wonderful—boyfriend fiance proposed under the Northern Lights! The thought of getting married in the next 12 months has been enough motivation to get my act together. I’ve gone to hot yoga twice so far this week, and taken our two younger pups for nice long walks each day. My hydration has been on plan so far. I learned recently that my complete and utter lack of energy the past few months is due to hypothyroidism—now that I’m on thyroid replacement medication, my energy levels are drastically improved.

This month is flying by and I’d like to know where it went!

SW: 228.5
GW: 219

Week 1:
1/1: 228.9 (+0.4)
1/2: 229.8 (+0.9)
1/3: 229.8 (+0.9)
1/4: NWI
1/5: NWI
1/6: NWI
1/7:NWI
Week 2:
1/8: NWI
1/9: NWI
1/10: NWI
1/11: 230.7 (+0.9)
1/12: 230.1 (-0.6)
1/13: 231.0 (+0.9)
1/14:229.2 (-1.8)
Week 3:
1/15: 230.5 (+0.7)
1/16: 232.0 (+1.5)
1/17: 234.1 (+2.1)
1/18: 235.4 (+1.3)
1/19: 233.5 (-1.9)
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:01 AM   #15  

RunningRedHead Oh wow!! Congrats!! That sounds so beautiful the way he proposed! I am so happy for you and yes the wedding is tremendously motivating!!

Curvynotlumpy Thanks! I am trying to be smart about it.

KStrong Ugg...day 9? That's so hard. I am glad you do the measurements to help keep you going. It is like basically maintenance training. When you get to the weight you want you will be that weight all the time up or down a few pounds.

Yesterday I was 188.6 and today 188.2. It seems hard to believe. LOL Officially it's 75.8! I have to pinch myself. i can't believe it sometimes! I was a size 24 jeans and now wear 16. I donated some 18's at a thrift store yesterday.