Old 04-09-2018, 01:15 PM   #16  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Uber: Welcome back! Sounds like you had a wonderful time, that's great! It is so great to be able to do things in life without the weight/lack of fitness holding you back. I'm sure that you were much more able to enjoy the sights without the weight worry holding you back. Congrats!!

Lemon: Sounds like you'll have lots and lots of fabric to play with and make wonderful things!! How nice! I hear you on wanting to move forward with planting stuff. It is just a little early here, but I am looking forward to having more green around and less brown.

Lilion: Hopefully you can get caught up on your rest soon. It isn't fun to be so tired. Let us know how the dehydrator works. I'm sure it will be great for some dried fruit! Love that stuff. Glad you could enjoy the restaurant. It is hard to spend that kind of money, but when you do, you should just enjoy every bit of it. Once a year would be a nice treat!!

As for me... well... the scale was not great this morning. I went up some from last week. I wasn't stellar with food choices this weekend, and I think it definitely cost me. I started in on the popcorn and proceeded to make other not so good choices. But, it wasn't too bad, so I'll just need to do a little better this week.

I thought we were going to escape the rain, but it came and caused quite a few puddles. So, hiking was out. Unfortunately, sometimes when I don't get a workout in, I also don't make great food choices. I don't know why those two things go hand in hand for me, but they do. I went to Spin this morning, so back on track with workouts. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, but I might go on a little hike after work. I think it is staying light enough to get a quick one in.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hey everybody!

Lemon I'm glad to hear that you are more adjusted with your synthroid! Good luck on the sewing and I hope that the patterns fit. A dress and kimono sounds so cute!

But sewing a bra! I'm truly amazed at how skilled you are! I'm that typical person who doesn't know how to do much of anything-- I love how clever the folks on this thread are!

Lil Your anniversary dinner sounds so fun!!! I know what you mean about the fun but kind of sticker shock of eating at a really expensive place! I tend to like to go a bit more low scale, and when I do end up in a fancy restaurant I get kind of panicky, LOL. But when it's a true special occasion it is special and memorable and we should allow ourselves to enjoy it!

Diane Your weekend activities all sounded very productive! Hope you saw the scale drop you were looking for. I feel for you sitting at 251. That's a "set point" weight for me and I always feel like I can sit there forever! But you are going to be so psyched to get under 250. It's a big psychological barrier-- something about being on the south side of 250 is very motivating!

Toasted I hope you have a super fun bday with your brother! You are right to only think about good things on happy days. Hope your day is going well today.

Sakai It really is fun to sit and catch up with old friends and it is frustrating how people get so caught up in their lives and so it is harder to do than it seems. I hope you do get to see your friends more often.

So, for me! I finally reached the point where I realized that all my clothes are just getting too big. Went to the store "just to look around" and then couldn't resist buying. FROM my previous experience with a large weight loss I know that it is dumb to spend money on clothes that will be too big before I know it, but it's hard to walk around in clothes that are just too big! Right now, I've been wearing 22s and one pair of 20s that I found that were old and worn out, but the two new pairs? One size 14P and one size 16 regular! Made me feel pretty darn fantastic!!!! The way I'm built, I'm all stomach and waist, so my legs just swim in the larger sizes, which makes me look dumpy. Was pretty darn amazing to pull jeans from the non-plus side (even though with sizing being so weird, I'm sure a 16 reg could be labeled as a plus size) I CAN"T wait to shop in the normal sizes. Plus sizes cost twice as much!!!

I started thinking about it and I realize that I'm probably about halfway to goal. Back when I lost 110 lbs, when I got to about 190, I just really couldn't go any lower. I ended up maintaining around that weight. I looked healthy, I was fit, and my body fat percentage was normal, even though I was still in the "overweight" range for BMI. So, at 242, I'm about 50 below my high weight and about 50 above a good maintenance weight-- in other words, halfway there! But, it's funny because I just can't imagine being much smaller than I am now. In comparison to how I was, I already feel "tiny" LOL. In short, logically, I know that if I lose another 50 lbs (I hope) the clothes I just bought will be way too big, but psychologically, I just can't even imagine not wearing plus sizes. I have no concept of myself at a normal size.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Sorry all I have had a not so great day. I was up all night with either a bug or my IBS is flaring. I will do personals tomorrow!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:04 PM   #19  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Lemon- I wish I knew how to sew. I did a little bit when I was younger. But anything other than a skirt or some shorts is beyond me. I always wanted to make my own costumes and quilts. Maybe someday.

Lilion- sounds like a great weekend! It's nice to splurge ever so often.

As for me. I think I overdid the sodium yesterday as I gained 3 pounds while sleeping. It's a bit difficult to find the balance. Low carb tends to strip out your electrolytes so I try and replace them but I guess I must have gone overboard yesterday.
NSV- I went down a notch on my belt. That's three notches since I bought it 6 weeks ago.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

99 oz water
No walk

Diane: we must totally have the same scales! Maybe it’s a worm in digital scales to fool w our brains seriously - I hear how frustrating it is to be on the cusp and no movement. I sure hope today you see 249. YOU CAN DO IT!

Sakai: yep I sew, a lot. Well as I can afford time and fabric. I have the two items to get done in two weeks and I have some other fabrics I could add to work on. If sewing interests you see if your local fabric store has someone that can teach you. I quilt as well but of late havent had a lot of time to devote to such.

Jen: man - what’s up with feeling horrid?! I’m sure it’s stress and I hope it leaves you quickly. Hope DHs healing is going well. How is the family holding up?

Uber: you sound like me with clothing sizes. Jen and I were discussing as we are similar height weight and she can fit into 14s and I’m in snug 16s. And never in my adult life have I’ve been smaller than a 11/12 and then I weighed 135. I guess I don’t have much to look forward to for size excitement. Enjoy your shopping trips! Are you actually getting rid of your large clothes so it’s not something for you to turn back to? I’ve started my pile for goodwill.

Toasted: you vanished again! Hope all is well.

Laurie: how are you doing?

Lil: how’d the fruit turn out? You just need to be careful with what you eat because it’s real simple to grab a handful but in the end it’s really 2 apples. I tend to leave my apples softer. My MIL likes rough chips and she leaves the peels on. We all have different styles. The leather works well for using up freezer items before the new gets picked.

Hello all!

AM: dangnabbit. I’m in a lot of pain. THe shoulder is back horribly and I’m putting off having to go to the doctor because I know she’ll offer PT and I can work on some things at home without that cost. But sleeping at night is horrible.

Weight - yeah a good number and I’m getting closer to middle of the week and we all know what weekends do to me. so I’ll channel my inner dancing broccoli and see if I can get out of this decade. For Pete’s sake I have to do this! I’d be perfectly happy to just see 218. However I’m unsure what to do to just skip all those numbers in between.

Well happy day all. Let melt together.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:23 AM   #21  

Hey all. I'm afraid I'm not really in a mood for chit chat. Long story but I'm tired and angry and hurt by a friend I've had for 50 years and...well, not going to talk about it or I'll get teary. I weighed this morning; was one pound down since the last WI. Not planning on actually changing any stats until the 14th or so. Twice a month is plenty. The apples and bananas on the dehydrator turned out lovely. Yesterday we made venison jerky. It's not bad. We used a packaged mix, so it wasn't as good as it might be, but not bad at all. It's a learning curve. I think I might buy some mangos and more "exotic" fruit and see how that does. I have some open veggies in the freezer that are starting to be too old and I may thaw and dry them. After all, if I don't they'll go to waste. I have blackberries and mulberries from two years ago in the freezer that I should do something with before they're completely ruined. They last a lot longer than you think...but they eventually have to be tossed and I'm about there. Maybe I'll try the fruit leather?

I'm rambling. I need to work so I'm getting to it now.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:32 AM   #22  

Lemon: My husband is doing okay. He is still having chest pains, but they are saying it is normal with the healing of his heart. Sure hard for him to distinguish the heart attack from the healing. The kids are doing great. We really just told them daddy had an owie on his heart. My mom had them for awhile and kept them busy. I think I am just tired from doing more than I would be. He has two more sisters coming tomorrow night, I am just not in the right mindset for company. Maybe all this stomach stuff is stress. I didn't really think of that! Great job on the scale btw. I am still in the 16s they are just loose. I haven't had enough courage to try on my 14s yet. I am still holding strong at 228-229 and hoping this isn't a stall.

Lil: Your anniversary dinner sounded amazing!!! Sounds like you guys had fun. It reminds me that we all need to go have fun with our spouses every once in awhile. We kind of put that away because we have 3 girls but I am thinking now is the time to start having date nights again. Thank you for inspiring me to do that through your anniversary!!!

Uber: Yay, so glad you are back. I am so glad you had fun! What was the best thing you did on your trip? Where was the best food that you ate? And yay for the whoosh in the weight, you are doing amazeballs!!! I am so excited to hear more about your trip!

Diane: You are doing great. I know how hard stalls can be and how hard it is on us emotionally. You got this. Think about how far you have come and what you are doing, that always inspires me. Do you measure? I tend to measure when I am not going anywhere in weight. I have been at 228-229 for the past 2 weeks now. You inspire me too, I think about all you do with working out! You got this! Someone told me to change things up. I don't work out that much so they told me to work out for a couple days. I don't know if that helps any but maybe an idea for the stall anyway. I haven't researched it much yet.

Sakai: I hope that your sodium bloat is gone by now. I eat on the lower carb side and I tend to retain water on Monday-Tuesday and I have no idea why. Weird how our bodies are sometimes.

Not much to report, still feeling pretty blah! I hope you all have a great day.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:22 AM   #23  

Lil: I know too well when people hurt you like that - currently my own sibs - it sucks and it’s just not needed. I hope your day gets better! And it sounds like you have the dehydrator bug! Let me know how and what veg you try. I haven’t done that at all. I don’t even know what would be good to try besides shrooms and onions. I think my mom did celery once but it got so thin it stuck to the trays. I think she was concerned how the strings would do. I seem to think you will need extra time w the tropical fruits due to their fructose levels. Do you have to dredge w fruit fresh or lemon juice?

Jen: I guess I misread heck just say your in 14s! It will make your day. I’ll challenge you if your comfortable - I’ll measure my main 3 bust/waist/hips and see where you and I sit. I know sizing is so muckety muck - when I was 135 it was in the early 90s. So who knows what I’d be today. But sewing pattern wise it’s always larger too. I’d think it’s delayed stress. Once you are starting to fall back into routine your body finally rebels all the things it held back during the stress so you got things done. And then you kind of crumble health wise until everything settles! Treat yourself kindly. You are lucky w the weight not creeping up.

Am: I broke my fast 40 mins early as I needed to eat as I’m taking the pain meds and Advil or aleve on an empty totally stinks. So I had my normal breakfast and a tomato - what a sunshiny plate! Greens yellow reds. Beautiful how nature colors the world. But I still want sweet breads (no! I will not bake!) and I’d love a vanilla coffee cream in great quantities and I’d love a big sloppy juicy burger right now. I had a big salad last night with shredded chicken. That was good too but at some moments you just think of the heavy and it takes over your thoughts.

I dreamt of three orioles flying around me in the limited sleep I had. I wonder what that means. I’ll have to look. Maybe it means I need to get my feeders ready for their arrival.

Checked my winter sown jugs and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. No termination no nothing. I threw more crusty snow in each to keep moist and hope w tomorrow’s 60s they’ll start to wake up. Even if it snows the 6” on Sunday. Maybe it will
Miss us again. Who knows.

Ok I’m off to keep melting and be mindful of the sugar I want to bury my nose in right now.

Added for Jen: 44/38/48 this is the first time in a long time I’m finally in the 30s for a waist in eons! I’m broad shoulder, heavier upper arms (thanks grandma!) long torso, carry my weight normally in the booty area (belly too since kids) and described as a pear usually and I guess larger boned but my wrist does measure 6.5. I think my German and east European background is showing not my Irish side. Tops right now 1x tall gives me room in knits I won’t go there w wovens an xxl? My jeans are Eddie Bauer 16 misses no Lycra they are 10 years old and before everyone dumped Lycra in the fibers for jeans. I still am schlepping in my xxl yoga pants but my XXL pj bottoms I swim in. That said I keep telling myself even if 12 is it size wise - it’s normal and smaller and requires less fabric then the plus and things go back down in cost. Always another plus.

Alright I’ll look later. This ice is cold.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 04-10-2018 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:24 PM   #24  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Uber: Congrats on the milestone! Halfway is great! It sounds like you had a good time with clothes shopping, so that's good. You'll be getting to new lows and new sizes before you know it.

Jenni: Boy, I would bet the added stress has done a number on you. I would hate all the extra company, so I feel for you there. I don't mind having people visit occasionally, but I would hate having a lot of people, especially right after all of the stress you've been going through lately. Hopefully, these are people that can help you out some!

Sakai: I've also always wanted to do some quilting someday. As my eyesight gets worse each year, I am beginning to realize that it may not be possible as I had hoped!! What kind of costumes would you sew? Just for Halloween, or do you do some acting? Congrats on the new notch in your belt!

Lemon: Dang! I keep wanting to hear about your new little plants sprouting. I guess when they are ready, they will come. I cut back my geranium last weekend, to make sure the dead stuff is gone. My family said I was trying to kill it. I hope that they aren't right! They think it is funny that I sometimes struggle keeping flowers alive.

Lilion: Sorry you are having a rough time. Hopefully, things will get better. But your dehydrator efforts sound good. Maybe you can find different ideas for jerky seasonings that will taste better. Good luck with all the new fruits/veggies you are trying!

As for me, I didn't weigh in today. Well, that's partially true. I started to get on the scale, but it appeared to be heading higher, so I got back off. It is Tuesday, and that seems to be a higher day for me. I wasn't up for it.

I went to the doctor today for an annual checkup. All of my vitals seem to be good and they did a blood draw, so we'll make sure all of that is ok. I talked to the doctor about my weight, and told her that I was working on re-losing some weight that I had regained. She was good, she told me that I had lost it before and I could do it again! What a nice thing to say! Love her! She also said that I am probably not all that close to menopause yet, so I need to be patient. Whatever...

I'm going to try to get in a hike after work and then spin tomorrow. Just gotta keep going.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:05 PM   #25  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, mini-disappearance but I'm low key here. Dreaded mobile phone check in so I probably won't do in-depth personals but yeah. The birthday went well. I ate myself into a food hangover and tried to cure it with some hair of dog cake the following morning. In fairness, Saturday ended well food-wise. Sunday was a hot mess. Monday was pretty good and then today I weighed 190 and felt like giving up but here I am. It's not been the best day food-wise, but it's not been beyond measurably awful. I'm trying to reign it in. I leave for Bali on Friday chubbier than I've been in years and feeling it but I'm going to keep trying. All I need is more good days than bad ones.

Diane: I hope your blood work comes back fab and you get a hike in.

Lemon, your break fast sounds good. It sounds like you had Quite a cold outdoorsy morning. I hope your plants germinate in the warmer weather.

Jenni, I'm so sorry about all the added stress visitors are causing. I hope you heal from your flare soon. Nothing worse than having to be company ready when you're not feeling it.

Uber, yay!!! You're backkk!!!! What an amazing NSV with the Eiffel Tower steps, and then to return three pounds down. Even more fabulous!

Lilian, I'm sending you hugs! I'm so sorry your friend hurt you like that. Hugs!!!! Please keep us updated with your dehydrator chronicles.

Sakai, The scale is being a total pant but I'm sure it'll turn around soon once your water retention levels are normal. But whoa the NSV of all those belt notches!!!

Guys I'm off to eat dinner. Food check in, today hasn't been awesome. I had a couple of ounces of ground beef and a slice of pan fried liver for breakfast. I had a slice of roast leg of lamb for lunch. Then I came home and had like six hundred calories of birthday cake and crackers before starting dinner, basically ALL the carbs. But it's okay, I was only at four hundred ish calories pre the stumble. Dinner is mashed potato, steamed mixed veg and beef and it's in my control to make it a moderate day. If I end up around sixteen hundred calories, I'll call it a win. (Edited after dinner to add I'm not under 1600 calls but I'm not going to make it worse by bingeing on chocolate. Nope. Not going to. I'll have tea instead. Yup.) I've not been. doing great exercise wise or sleep wise or stress wise but I'll give getting a workout a go.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 04-10-2018 at 05:51 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:10 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 242/218.6/180

Default Regainer back on track!

Hi All - I'd like to be part of this group if you'll have me! I'm a mom to a 14 yr old son and am married to my high school sweetheart (and most days I still like him LOL)

I feel best and lose best following a low carb plan. Last summer I got down to 207# from a SW of 242# (from May to September). I maintained my loss for a few months and then hurt my knee and shoulder and took a steroid that threw me out of whack and my low carb WOE went out the window for a while. I weighed yesterday morning and I'm back up to 223# and I have made a decision to get back on track.

I ate on plan yesterday and am doing good today so I'm off to a good start
windyleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:54 PM   #27  

Windy: welcome! Jump on in as there are a bunch of us not happy with our scales

Toasted: oh dear l! It sounds like your scale is joining Diane’s and my own - crazy dumb things! But I’m glad you had an enjoyable time with family! That’s important too.

Diane: I too was almost on the scale Monday but did not because I knew it’d put me in a foul mood. Yeah for a doctor kind about your weight loss. Most of mine are ok with it and then I have one that tends to say “you could do better quicker” but he and I never see eye to eye.

Hello all!

Am: I’ve spent the better part of the day sitting with ice or heat and it’s helped a bit more but still awfully awful! My eating has been kind of ok but I’m making a hot dish for tonight and those can add up super quick and bite me in the fanny by tomorrow’s weigh in.

Well I did get a big salad at lunch. Maybe I’ll give the family the hotdish and I’ll just do another salad.

I went and found my patterns but I am not able to flex easily enough to cut them out without irritating the shoulder further. I’m hopeful this is short lived I’ve got over things I want to do - sitting around like an old lady not so much.

Happy evening!
Old 04-10-2018, 09:50 PM   #28  

Lemon:. 44/39/46. My waist is not so accurate right now be ause of how much I'm bloated with whatever I have! We are very similar! I am a pear shape also. My wrist is also a 6.5. I have bigger calves and ankles also. My 16s are loose and I wear xl at the moment. Although my xl sweats and tops are becoming loose. I will not try a large until around 210.

Last edited by jenjenangel027; 04-10-2018 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:15 AM   #29  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Lilion- been there with the friend issues. But mine was a 16 year friendship out the window. I can't imagine the hurt of a friendship of 50 years. So glad the dehydrator is working out for you. I might bust mine out again. Dried mangos are amazing and so are kiwi's. I can't have the sugar but strawberries are relatively safe so maybe some fruit leather is in my future.

Windy- Welcome! Jump right in, I'm new here too.

Slash- I would sew costumes for halloween, but mostly for Ren fair, I go almost every year and spend a small fortune slowly adding to my costume every year. My green costume was completed a few years ago, so I started a blue one with a leather bluejay mask (It's a masquerade costume) it still needs bit and details. I didn't get to go this year because I ended up owing taxes. which sucked.

Gotta dash! More detailed check in tomorrow!
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:39 AM   #30  

223.0 (oh drat! The wrong way!)
33ozwater
No walk

Sakai: well it sounds like you’re creative if your making renfaire garb. You and lil have common ground as does my DH.

Jen: isn’t it funny how clothes are feeling loose on you and on me just ok to stuffed?! I know I’m not in anything remotely new: either my old from storage or what I’ve picked up at the goodwill. But still it’d sure be nice to see a smaller size sooner. Hope all the tum issues subside.

Toasted: ugh! I hope you find a good plan to tackle your scale. Mine went the wrong direction too. Mine is because I’m super blah with my shoulder and I hurt a lot and I wanted sugar yesterday. Chocolate. Bad. Though I will say it was good for the broc moment it was in my mouth and on my pallet!

Lil: hope you dehydrated more and had fun. My FIL does jerky all the time I don’t know what he flavors with specifically. I know he usually hits up the outdoor store for packets but he likes to add to things to get his own flavor. He usually does a lot of venison.

Hello all!

AM: slowly getting a functioning shoulder. It’s funny how laying around with a heating pad or ice bag most of the day and how you don't get much done and how much you can eat. I’m also quite aware that my weight didn’t change much from the time I weighed before bed to when I woke. Yeah spaghetti noodles and lack of big water in my day. So today I will try again and see if I can in the downward direction.

So because I haven’t been shopping for myself in a long time - where are you all finding success in sizing with clothes? Am I missing that sizes have once again been redone? Is there a brand that’s economical but sized well/true to size? Maybe if I just go try on and see where I’m at might be a good thing too. Let me know. I’m limited to what’s here for dept stores as more are closing. So I’m down to JCP, Kohl’s and yeah - that’s it. Younkers is closing Macy’s is gone. Yep - barren land here for anything a bit nicer and yes there is TJs and Ross but locally, that’s it.

Ok well happy day all. I’m off to the plant nursery for a good dose of growing plants smell, and color that is sorely missing. And if we get the snow this weekend ugh yuck. And too I’ll have to check my plant babies and see how that’s growing. Spring really truly needs to show her warm self and get on with it.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 04-11-2018 at 07:53 AM.