Old 05-01-2018, 10:19 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Jen: no way on the tum issues unless you want my shoulder or rotator cuff which precludes reaching, pulling self up, sleeping or moving! I think they are both horrid things to deal with. Maybe we can both shoot them into the universe to share w others. Hah! Well two weeks is better than 6 weeks on your cabinet reno - besides you can always just go the paper plate route that will cut down on bathtub washing!

I hear you on the body shaping - it gets frustrating as I have had issues of late w yeast growing on the flabby slab of belly which I never had before. And then all of the elasticity of picking up the skin as you are laying down and it’s like dough - always a fab feeling not really but at least it’s smaller. I keep reminding myself of such.

Am: I’ve come to the conclusion I’m still in that holding pattern of wanting to diet. I just tire of it and then I’ll hop on board again. I’ve got the bday this week, Mother’s Day and another bday later in the month and then kids home for the summer. Always a bit more difficult. But the good news w summer is the produce and watermelon (I have the one I bought still on the counter - I have to cut it today!) and that always seems to help the water weight overnight. Anywho - I’ll keep trying even if it takes me a decade to get out of a decade.

I tried on a pair of 16shorts I have here. They are a chaps brand (Kohl’s) and I tend to think they are really cut as a 14 when I line them up next to my other 16s. So that’s a goal I can have to get me into them by end of summer. Of course I think I bought them 2 years ago as a goal and just haven’t gotten there quite yet. Hmm - in a big way thats sad.

Ok before Debbie downer gets going I will say Adieu for now and get on with my house cleaning and plant watering.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 05-01-2018 at 10:21 AM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:26 PM   #122  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Uber: I grew up in Colorado, but over on the front range, near Pueblo. But my husband grew up in a town not too far from here. When we got married, we were living in the mountains at 10,000 feet elevation. We'd always go to this area for hunting, fishing, etc, and just loved it here. So, we finally moved here about 22 years ago. Oh, and thanks for your thoughts on the set points. I totally agree with that. I think the 250's have always been tough. I'll have to look back at my extensive notes.

Lemon: Yay for flowers!! How fun! I still need to go get some, but I'm like you, I don't trust this weather yet. I also wanted to clean up my porch and get stuff done outside, but it has been so windy, I decided not to do it yet. I think those shorts are a good goal to have. Maybe just stick with maintenance right now, and then when you're ready, you can always get back to actively losing!!

Windy: Glad you checked in! Hope things settle down for you soon!

Jenni: Well, I have a food scale and I've weighed my food before, but lately, no. So, yep, you're absolutely right in that I need to do that. I think sometimes you get comfortable and you start straying a little. So, need to go back to disciplined weighing and logging food. Hope your training went well!!

As for me, the scale was a little better today, but I'm not impressed. I'm still staying disciplined!!!! My daughter wanted to go hiking after work yesterday since she missed Sunday's hike. So, we went last night. It was fun, and I think it was good for me, heading into today's rest day. I was pretty tired last night, so I was glad to have the extra sleep this morning. Back to Spin tomorrow.

I'm glad that I'm not too worked up over weight right now. Although I know I need to be more diligent, I don't want to be in a bad mood because of the scale. So, trying to keep it in perspective. I'm not giving up, I love being strong enough to hike and workout, so I'll just keep plugging along. If it is only 2 pounds a month, so be it. I'm definitely going to try for much more, but it will be what it will be.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:42 AM   #123  

Diane: maybe your scale was kinder today! Yep I’m with you that I really need to go back to micromanaging. Right now I’m a poser in the diet world. But abacus best describes me. I’ve been lousy with it this weekend w travel and birthday food. I’m attempting a fast this morn as I’ve not been doing so. As for flowers - I got ny onions in my new raised garden that mellowed all winter but the problem is I have a thick layer of straw on top (beautiful dirt underneath from my lasagna layering) so I found some of last years soil and got that going and the onions in and then put some straw near by but not covering less I loose the onions like I did once. The rest of the plants are sitting on my porch or front hall because I buy early as once the selection is gone it’s gone and I like having a selection!

Toasted: when do you leave on your cruise? Are you packing yet? Are they that dressed up? And do you home port from Africa or do you go to Europe first? You said the Carribean right?

Uber: sometimes I wish my gumption were such to remain happy and fantastically involved on this journey. As it is I’m on the flip side of that right now so I will live vicariously through your ongoing loss. I wish I found it simple but I have learned anything dealing w my health is NEVER simple or easy I’m usually described as a medical conundrum. I tend to have some symptoms but never the common ones, and I don’t respond the way they think I should. I’m fabulous! So swim for me please. The outdoor pool doesn’t open until June and even then I probably won’t be able to make lap swimming hours 8pm at night or 7am (DH on his way to work then) and kids can’t care for themselves. So if I am able to go it will be me and the skeeters. But maybe i will see if DH can watch while I do so. I do like what a swim does to my arms.

Lil/Laurie: girls I hope you are doing ok and your days are back on track!

Sakai: are you thinking of planting anything else? How is your man doing with his back?

Windy: how is your diet going or is it like mine?

Jen: hope your class goes well and give you a further fab outlook! If you do segue into a different position what route do you think you’ll take? What do you have your kiddos donduring the summer? I have to call on the pool swim lesson schedule as they are missing a chunk of times for one section of dates. Argh! And of course it’s in the time frame that would work best for this family. And summer school the eldest is signed up for. And we also do the library program and church summer school which is only a week - but all of these are spread through the three months.

Hello all!

AM: ugh on weight due to pizza, beer and cake - and a weekend of travel and ice cream let’s just say I’m on the high end of the abacus for the 220s. Ugh. Of course I haven’t had a good bathroom trip (travel again!) I’m not getting my water in and of course I haven’t been perfect on what I’m eating. So I will try righting the ship today.

My watermelon is horribly bland! I have been eating it but not enjoying it. Maybe it will help it in the long run.

So send me uplifting inspiration to find my mojo with getting back on track. I go up and things feel snug and there is no reason to hangout so much in the 20s for so long. How dumb on my part. Tomorrow I will be pulling out more flowerbed growth from last year (I leave for the creatures in winter) and get it ready for the new! I’m not sure how that shoulder will deal with it all but I will try my best to get it all ready. Maybe in the process I’ll burn a few calories.

Happy day all and may your outlooks be way better than my own!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 05-02-2018 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:54 AM   #124  
Returning member

S/C/G: 270/270/165

Good morning!

Returning to 3fc after 10 years and hoping I could join your thread? I had peviously lost 100 pounds with this group, only to gain it back. UGH! I thought this might be a good thread for me to join in on!
shelleylinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:30 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Lemon: I vote shoot them to the universe. I ate bland yesterday and was in bed early last night. I just need to go to the doctor but I hate going at this point. I feel like my list of problems is a Mile long and I'm not even 40 yet! I decided to wait 6 months on the job thing. I have a good job now. And I need to resolve some things with my body first. I'll stay with the state just venture to a new area and not sure where yet, maybe management. When do your kids get out for summer? Mine don't get out until mid June. We are planning a weekend to the beach and a road trip to California so far. Otherwise, on my off time I'll be working on the house. Don't be so hard on yourself. I know it's frustrating with the weight loss but you keep at it. You haven't quit and that's a lot to be proud of especially us regainers. You will find your groove.

Diane:. That was me I got comfortable and thought I knew my portions. When I went back to weighing I was completely wrong. 1200 can turn to 1600 really fast! I think it's difficult when you spend months losing. In all reality we aren't going to weigh and track food all the time. I am trying to get in the habit of weighing a week out of the month to make sure my portions are correct it's a compromise for me!

Shelley:. Welcome! Jump right in! This group is awesome!

My training was really good. I will talk more about that when I have had time to process it a little more. Stomach was nasty even after eating bland. I'm thinking maybe I need to try a good probiotic. I really don't want to have to get scoped and either end! I'm trying to stay positive about this all. One thing that I am happy for is at least I am able to still work. I am going to push the water today and maybe stick with a smoothie and protein shake or liquid diet today.
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:07 AM   #126  

Jen: Jarrow makes a good probiotic - I found a good 2for on amazon. I had looked for specific ones that they are finding help w depression (DH) as they seem to think it’s more inflammation and helping w gut health helps! I took it because w my autoimmunes I thought why not. My doctors don’t subscribe to supplements - partly they think they are placebos but really I think it’s because they have no training in them. If I were you I’d read up on your AIs and see if there are certain colonies you’d benefit from. I also found adding magnesium oil has been a help for the joints - AND YOU KNOW I HAVENT TRIED THAT ON MY SHOULDER wth?! Get with it lemon! I should go do that now.

Shelley: welcome! This is a fantastic supportive thread. We have some that popnin and out and thats just fine I do it too when I’m too grumbly and mad at the scale but I find it I post often it does keep my head in the game even if my weight is not going in the right direction. Good luck to you and post away. I tend to talk about all sorts and not just focused on the dreaded diet!

Am: went and grabbed a few more flowers and basil because for some dumb reason those buggers will not germinate for me and I like a good bunch of basil for pesto, caprese salads and in general because it smells good. So it’s a must for this house!

We need to replace our deck - and I’m thinking maybe this next evolution might be a step down to a patio area. I’m looking for ideas and approximate cost to tear out a deck. I think DH and I w nephews help could do the demo but my DH isn’t particularly a handy guy when it comes to building. and we’d have to hire that out but I don’t know if it’s even feasible w our budget. On top of some smaller home repairs. I’m afraid it will add up quick. If anyone has btdt let me know.

So fasting is going just fine. I can only hope I can start finding happiness in this journey. Argh!
Old 05-02-2018, 12:43 PM   #127  
Diane

Lemon: Sorry you are struggling with getting your mojo back. It is a difficult thing to do sometimes. I don't know what would work best for you, but I think there are two ways to approach it. Either you just step back a little bit and just hold on to maintenance for now, or you "fake it until you make it", just going through the motions until you make it past the blahs about it. I've done that before, just day by day doing what I had to do, but not being happy about it. I think the mood turns at some point. In the meantime, I'm sending happy thoughts to you!!!!

Jenni: Yep, exactly what I've done too. Just not being accurate enough with portions. I'm refocusing on weighing too. If there are some days that it just doesn't happen, that's ok, but I'm trying to stay much more mindful about it. I'm so sorry about your issues. Way back, I did an upper GI scope just to determine what was wrong with all the heartburn issues I was having. Fixed that issue with a daily dose of Prilosec. Then, after turning 50, had the colonoscopy. Fun times. But, maybe it would help and you could find something to make you feel better!

Shelley: Welcome! This is a very active group, with lots of supportive people. Looking forward to hearing more from you!!

As for me, the scale stayed the same. That's good after a rest day. Today I went to spin. I was feeling so stiff, but made it through. Someone told me that they thought I was losing a lot of weight. Well, no, but maybe things are changing. I have never measured because I hate it, but I think there must be some progress.

Staying on track with food. I'll go to Body Pump tomorrow, and if the weather clears, I'd like to go hiking after work tomorrow. We'll see!!
Old 05-02-2018, 01:40 PM   #128  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, I didn't check in yesterday because it was a public holiday (May Day a.k.a. Workers' Day a.k.a. Labour Day) and then I came in today and had a million things to do before our monthly management meeting so here I am checking in instead of going home just so I can do it on my work computer. Tomorrow is my last day before I leave on vacation and I'm a little nervous about all I have to accomplish before the close of business tomorrow. This week has been okay so far diet-wise, I haven't yet gotten my exercise groove on. I thought I would yesterday because #NewMonthNewMe but then my cousin who lives in America is visiting with her 1-year old and making the rounds of family around the country who've never met her little one so she flew down on a whim to stay with me for a couple of days starting yesterday after finding out that I was leaving on vacation on Friday. Anyway I had to go get her from the airport and then her flight was delayed and then she's ill but forgot her meds in America and so we drove about for a bit trying to get them for her and her kid is ADORABLE but he has A LOT of energy and hates sleep and the quiet pursuits that support my desire to lounge about. Sigh.

Jenni: I used to take Nexium but I found I needed to be on it for a while before it started helping and I also got scared of the side effects, but if ranitidine doesn't help, I might go back to that. NSAIDs are the WORST for a sensitive tum. I've taken them occasionally and they mess my stomach up majorly each time. the scale cooperating at the end of the month!

Diane: Sopapilla cheesecake sounds fantastic. I try to avoid dairy but I make the sacrifice for cheesecake and I always feel like it needs more crunch. You already know how in awe I am of your workout mojo! Sorry about the scale not cooperating with your efforts. Hopefully, May is better for you. I guess as Jenni said, if you don't already, it may be worth it to do a week or two of measuring with scales. It's easy to fall into lax ways with estimating especially after doing it for a while. This obviously may not be you but just mentioning one of my stagnant scale issues. The other 2 are soreness from a lot of exercise and eating back the exercise calories MFP recommends. Those 3 things usually affect my scale. Oh and then there's the fourth option of the scale just being a and for some inexplicable reason the body just choosing to hold on to ALL the things.

Uber: Screaming with laughter at work!!! Thighs so thin, you look like a stork???!!!! THE ENVYYYY!!!! I'm in the #ThickThighsSaveLives camp where we encourage ourselves that there must be some higher, life-saving purpose to our thigh rub. Sigh. Stil thought! Too bad about the bras. Bra shopping is problematic for me too- not because I don't know my size or can't get bras that fit, but because the past few years, almost every bra gives me reflux. I've become very adept at drapey scarevs and boxy or kimono-style jackets that hide when I need to go without to work when my digestion can't handle it. But it's not very practical in general.

Windy: I'm sorry you're struggling. I can relate. I still am too. But I'm still plugging away. Don't give up. It's one meal at a time, isn't it? The next meal is an opportunity for making on plan choices.

Lemon: I'm not the hugest fan of Ranitidine either or antacids or H2 or proton pump inhibitors, but what can you do, eh? I used to take probiotics and then i got some 30-50 billion ones from Renew Life and my tummy was NOT at all happy. I think it was too big a jump from the 5-billion organism one I was taking before from Optibac. I do make my own kombucha and that's usually okay but I haven't brewed a batch since before Bali and I'm all out. I'll try to see if I can get back on my old probiotics. Do you have a pool near you? Will you be able to swim this summer? I can't believe you're already in the 80s when you were just threatening a snow storm a minute ago. I totally understand about losing the mojo and I don't really have any great advice because I've gained about 10 lbs since January! So I get it. But you can't give up even when you don't feel like it and the scale is going wayyy the wrong way. You just keep showing up and trying. I could cry about 10 lbs up and give up but look at my excellent opportunity to halt things before they get super bad and to keep trying and to keep hanging around you guys and staying inspired to try everyday. Because even though lately, I've failed on plan more than I've succeeded and even though my scale is reflecting that, at least I wake up each day with the intention to try and one day will be the day I succeed. And you're still here even when everyone seems to be doing amazing and you're struggling and that counts for something. This week has started well and who's to say this isn't the beginning of something amazingly successful.

Shelley: Looking forward to getting to know you. This is an awesome group. You can do it!

Okay guys, it's now 6.40pm, I have a house guest and work officially ended at 5pm. I've got to go. Wishing everyone a good evening.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:54 PM   #129  
Returning member

S/C/G: 270/270/165

Thank you for the wonderful welcome ladies! I'm 46, single and overweight. I have 3 kids aged 4 to 26. I run a home day care and I'm constantly feeding the kids which means I'm constantly picking. The month of May I'm really focused on good habits. Portion control, calorie counting, drinking water. Basically getting my brain ready. If I lose weight that's awesome but I won't be stepping on the scale until the end of the month. Looking forward to chatting with all of you and getting to know you.
shelleylinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:35 PM   #130  

Diane: there was just an article today about dieting and not loosing and one was a switch in your metabolic rate. I don’t know what one does to find what makes it work evenly again or at a higher pace. The article also mentioned of course adjusting your activity and or your calorie intake. And of course that you my dear are building muscle. I say measure yourself to see where your at and keep it in a small notebook tucked away - it’s fantastic to see if you are loosing inches vs pounds. In the past that helped keep me a bit motivated and also gave me a moment of feeling success to say so many inches were gone. I’m not getting out of the 20s anytime soon - but darn I’ll take those inches lost!

Toasted: does it bother you what time of day you take the probiotic? Can you do it at night without issue? My DH was concerned about the colonizing but for him it was a big help too with bloat. Funny how the body reacts so differently. Hey so I used my mag oil tonight on the shoulder from hades because like all super smart people I completely blanked on it being a helper for other body parts. And within an hours time some of the burn is subsiding. That stuff is wickedly weird! I know you use it too - do you notice sometimes quick action? Maybe it’s the placebo effect, but I’m sure on board and remind me when I don’t mention it in kahootz with a pain. Hah! And you my dear have a wonderful time w your cousin and then a safe and exciting cruise! I look forward to your tales of travel.

Shelley: oh the snacking along w kids - gets me DAILY unless I’m micromanaging my own and avoiding their snacks. However my youngest is very good about sharing - if they have something then I have to have something and then I feel bad because it’s their “gift” but I’m trying to get better about sneaking it back to the pantry if I can.

Jen: where in Cali do you all go? I’ve only been there once and that was passing through on Amtrak from emeryville north to Seattle. I am sure there are exceptional places to explore but I’ve never been back.

Hello all!

After talking to myself as I was driving to pt with the little and I’m like what the heck am I doing with the diet. Ah this half hearted crapola has to stop. So I came home and I had 66 oz of water which sounds like a small drop in the bucket. I parked at the clinic on the far side of the lot and I’m determined tomorrow to fast until 1130 and I’m determined to count my calorie’s, measure and work on my flowerbeds so some exercise. I’m also going to do my water at 99. I may feel like I’m floating but good but maybe once again and as per usual I can right the ship.

I can do this as slow as the boat to China or Antarctica, I can get out of this decade.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:16 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Lemon we had to tear out a deck a few years ago, and I don't remember how much we paid, but it cost more than I thought it should! We bought a house where the previous owners had added a new deck and then left the old one kind of teetering there... so it didn't really bother me because it had planters on it and looked nice, but when we decided to sell the house it had to come down. What a pain! I am still swimming fairly infrequently. Tonight my son asked me to keep him company while he was doing his homework (which basically just means me sitting in the same room while he works) and it's kind of chilly, so I skipped, but I went yesterday and it was nice. I have to get to a point where I actually miss going, cuz right now, I still have to force myself out of the house.

Toasted Your BRA gives you reflux? Yikes! My utmost sympathies to you. I have only recently developed reflux/gastritis. I'm taking omeprazole which only helps somewhat and I have to be super-fussy about what I eat. All new to me. But I never thought about my bra being involved! As for the skinny thigh/fat thigh issue-- I do remember being a thigh rubber when I was young, but no more! Sadly, though, I'd happily slap a bit more on my legs and booty if I could get rid of my giant TUM.

Jenni 52 pounds!! That is really, really awesome!! And boy do I hear you on those milestone weights! I do know that on my first prenatal visit for my first child in 1990 I weighed 196 and I never saw that weight again until 2010 when I lost 110 lbs and got down to 186. I can't imagine I'll go lower than that this time, but you never know. And how funny that you are diving to CA in June. Guess where I'll be? Driving through Oregon!

Diane That is really cool that you were able to move to a place that you enjoyed vacationing in! Darn that stuck scale! One thing the doctor mentioned to me at my visit on Friday was that for weight loss the body seems to get used to whatever exercise you do on a regular basis and so it works best to switch it up quite a bit. It does seem like you switch it up frequently, but maybe there is something to play around with there.

Shelley Welcome! This is a really friendly group. Your plan sounds like a good idea! I also lost 110 lbs on this site between 2009 and 2010. I did not think I'd ever gain it back, but in Jan 2017 I was one pound above my previous high weight. Sigh. Anyway, glad to have you here!

Windy Glad you stopped by even though you are crazy busy! Hope things settle down soon.

Went to watch my son swim today and it was chilly outside so when my turn came to go to the gym this evening I bagged out and didn't go. Had a nice swim last night, but I'm still having to talk myself into going every single time. My weight went back down to 234 today and now I feel myself gunning for the 220s! That's when I really start to feel I'm getting somewhere! Had a kind of sobering experience in the "how big I am" category. Having lost 63 lbs so far, I really do feel so much smaller now. Was going through my closet purging some of my really big stuff, and it inspired my mom, who lives with me to do same. She was taking out all her fashionable "cocktail party" clothes from the 80s, LOL. Pretty funny. Unlike me, she wears the same size she wore 30 years ago. Anyway, she had this cute black velvet top that she put on the church box pile and I thought, you know, that's pretty cute, I'm getting smaller, let me give it a try-- size 12. I'm telling you, I couldn't get the arms through very easily, and the buttons were at least TEN inches apart. The shirt was just TINY. I pretty much only wear plus size, and it is shocking to see how far away I still am from a normal size 12. I don't think I'll ever be that little-- but I hung it up in my closet. You never know!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:38 AM   #132  

66oz water

Uber: oh the need to exercise and finding the rest of the world of things to do - hey that’s me! But I will say I’m dressed in my scrubby yoga pants and a long sleeve t and await the last minute throw on it my grubby shoes, gloves and hat and go pull out the flower beds while the youngest is at school. So maybe I’ll burn a few calories in doing this. I never really feel I do but my scale isn’t moving down but up. Yeah for being courageous and trying on your moms top. How fun to have access to all of that clothing - but 80s?! Oh my the shoulder pads and dynasty look! I had a laugh. Just remembering that big haired, bodacious gold jewelry and shoulder pads. I’m glad not all of the 80s have returned.

Morning all!

AM: yep my scale is up but I aim to bring it down, I just need to and get on my way. I mean it’s ok I’m stuck but I’d like it better to be smaller. So the only way that will happen is to move and be good and micromanage. And tell my DH to not feed me and my kids to stop sharing and I’ll be good

The good news is the cake is now gone and I’m not the one eating it. Yeah! A temptation out of my periphery. I’ve got two weeks before I have to make the carrot cake to take on my travels. And I can leave it at that house so it doesn’t follow me home.

I’m tackling the yard today and hope the hands can hold up. I’ve also just sprayed down the box with mag oil as that helped the shoulder last night and I should also be taking it with vitamin d to be super effective. I’ve been on a supplement hiatus of late because w/that too - my outlook was sour. But I’m slowly getting back on that train. I see where the areas it helps are now lacking - my nails and hair being two of them. I get that way when my body is not agreeing w my meds and then throw up my hands and say wth! I’ve been doing that often I think, with lots of things.

So my goal for the week is to just try my best today and maybe the scale will move downward come tomorrow. I’ve got to grocery this weekend and reload the fridge with good stuff. My lettuce options are one I need to investigate due to romaine issues (it’s my go to). I’m not buying avocados as they are over $1 again - so some of my go tos are off the list currently.

And can I ask what you all are paying for a gallon of gas? It’s $2.74 here! That’s ridiculous that it’s so high.

Ok, I’m off and trying to tackle the day as it is. May the weight fall off of us all!

My day thus far: I pulled and raked for an hour and half. Now how does one record this slow or medium? Definitely not “fast” as noom offers for suggestions to get calories burned. Whatever the case I got stuff done but have had to stop because my hands are going numb-ish. I still have the back half of my yard to do. Maybe I’ll have DH help me with that area. I have to pull out and close the old garden off and DH has to reseed w grass. Ideally a load of dirt would be a huge help back here. Alas - more monies I dont have allotted for.

I feel ok! I’m now going to get my day started and hope the fast continues.

Happy day all!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 05-03-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Uber: 63 pounds! That is amazing! Something to really be proud of. It's funny the more the time goes on the better I feel about weighing, staying the same, and losing slower. Where are you headed that you are going though Oregon? I think we decided July or August now. The kids don't get out of school for summer until mid June so we need to plan something for them to look forward too! Congrats on the 234 too!

Lemon: I go to visit my best friend. She is near Disneyland. My 90 plus year old grandparents are in Santa Clarita. And then my husbands family is all over LA, most are near the coastal region near Malibu. So really we explore all over. We normally find something new to do every time we go, this is VERY easy because CALI is so big. I want to take them to the Redwoods too. I haven't been there in SO long. Also, I have never taken them to San Diego, which that would be really cool to go to Sea World or the Zoo there.

Shelley: Great to hear more about you! Jump right in when you are ready!

Toasted: How is the Tummy? Mine was better yesterday. I stayed really bland. Smoothie, protein shake, banana, rice, and chicken. I think I am going to stay pretty bland today to give my tummy a rest. Sounds like you had a very eventful day the other day. Is the rain still pouring down?

Diane: Did they tell you what was wrong with the GI scope? Or did they put you on prilosec first? I am so interested. I need to make a doctors appointment still and hoping she tries a type of medication first. I dread any kind of scope! I really admire your ability to take the weight thing as it comes. I know I have told you this before, but you are an inspiration!

Okay, training done for the month of May. I had a really great two sessions. I need to process everything I have learned now! My brain hurts. I am pumping myself up to finish painting today. I still have to finish then paint the kitchen before the cabinets are redone. I have had a real self to self talk the last couple days. I am really trying to get into an intentional mindset. If I don't lose 6-7 pounds a month, its okay! If I lose any I will be intentionally happy because even if it is slow, I am still making progress. I think I really lose sight of the progress. Even if I eat great for 6 days out of the week...guess what that is fricken progress. I really need to focus on the progress I am making other than everything I am doing wrong.....YES a blinking light just went off in my head!

Happy Thursday everyone....it's my Friday!!!!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:00 PM   #134  
Diane

Toasted: I love what you wrote about keeping your mindset right so that you don't beat yourself up for gaining the pounds, but you use that as a time to halt the gaining and take each day to keep trying. It is never good to just give up and lose the progress that you have now. Have a great time on your vacation!! We'll be here when you get back, ready to hear some great stuff!!

Shelley: Sounds like a solid plan. Start working on the good habits and gear up for the long haul! It's going to take time, but you can do it - we all can! We just need to keep going and be patient with the process.

Lemon: Sounds like you had some successful self talk and you're getting back in the game! That's wonderful! Sometimes we just need time to be angry and off track. But then we get back to doing what is right and what is needed. Good for you on doing the yard work. I need to get at ours too. Oh, and our gas price was 2.65 last time I went. Ugh!

Uber: Good for you for holding on to that shirt. You never know where the weight loss will go, and you might be wearing it easily by next year at this time! Just remember how far you have come already with all of the much larger clothes you were able to get rid of. Hope you get a chance to get back in the pool soon!!

Jenni: Sounds like we're at the same place with things. I also need to remember patience with the process. I would much rather lose 6-7 pounds per month, but if it is only 2, then it is only 2. As long as it heads down, then there is success and progress. As for the GI scope, it was more of a confirmation of what she thought was wrong, and to see the severity. They found that I was starting to develop ulcers in my esophagus from the reflux, so that confirmed that I needed to take the pills. I honestly can't remember if we started it before the scope, but I think we did. Oh, and the prescription is for "omeprazole", which you can buy over the counter, too. It is just the generic term for Prilosec. Changed my life!!!

As for me, I did see another drop today. Which tells me that I probably have been off on my portion sizes and logging. I have been pretty precise lately with weighing food and logging, so maybe by next Monday, I'll have a much better number to record. I'm anxious to just see the 240's now. I've had enough of lingering in the 250's. But, it will happen when it happens. I just have to do my part.

I went to Body Pump this morning. It was good. I don't know if I'll be able to hike this afternoon, with the weather being so rainy. Maybe it will clear up by the time I get off of work. I don't think we have had so much that it will be muddy, but we'll see how it goes.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:01 AM   #135  

I had a message and then my phone quasi restarted without my help and then popped up wanting the new update but I won’t do it right yet as it’s a battery stink. Wth?! If I want it I’ll reach out to them otherwise LEAVE ME ALONE.

Sorry - but sometimes things are a pain in the arse.

Diane: yeah for figuring out the food intake. I think in part that’s my problem too. You have decided to deal with it and I am kind of avoiding. Yesterday I had the hardest time avoiding sugar and caved. So I’m happy to see you are finding success and may 249 have found you. Have you decided to do something different w the new hair? I’m thinking of going short again but I’m waffling as I have a wedding to go to in the fall.

Jen: bland diets are a pain but if you are having success then stick with it. And sometimes making appointments for ourselves is hard when we have no issues making them for our kids or DHs. And scopes - yuck - but if an answer is needed get it done because you don’t want a problem to persist. I had a distant relative w problems and in the end it turned out they were allergic to certain fruits and that was actually the cause of all their issues. Sadly this wasn’t found until they went to a specialist at mayo and it was in the first large band of testing to see what weird disease they had. So it can be something fairly easy in the long run that only masqueraded as a horrid problem w like symptoms. So maybe ask to see if maybe you notice this after certain foods. And yeah for keeping busy with something fun. I look at my constant mess around me and say you are lucky to be doing something fun and fresh like that. My kids and DH are the worst for keeping a house clean. I ask daily for them to pick up and no one does. And I just peter out sometimes from the constant cleaning. Any tips? Other than throwing it all out?

Uber: have all your kids played instruments? My eldest is signing up for band and is back and forth on instrument choices. She likes the sounds of the odd instruments think bassoon, bass clarinet etc. but school only offers the standard ones at this age. How do you help choose?

Lil: where did you go? Even if you aren’t dieting - pop back in Lady!

Toasted: have wonderful and safe travels!

Sakai/Shelley/Laurie/windy: morning all! Hope your all doing ok!

Hello all and whom I missed!

AM: avoided the scale. DH brought home subway and that means I had bread and bread does not agree with the scale. My fridge is empty of the good things and my freezer still has a plethora of old pork. Grocery trip tomorrow and get it done. I’m finding we are going through certain things a lot quicker than normal and then if I dont go by payday I have a few days I struggle with eating well w what’s on hand. It’s like I grabbed bananas. Went to have one yesterday w my breakfast and they were all gone. There were enough for each of us when I went to bed. By the time I went to eat someone had two of them. Either I’ve a hungry hollowed leg child or a ghost.

It rained all night which is nice but precludes me from pulling out my old garden today as everything is wet. I had wanted to do such and then also get some beans planted. As it’s cool enough that they can start but I have to make sure I put netting over them less the huge rabbits eat away. I don’t need that. That happened last year.

So I will again try my best today and see what I can do for myself. I’m kind of blah on attitude and outlook of late. I guess underneath it all I’m worrying about nonsense things. All of the repairs to the house, future expenses like car or travel (said wedding is a family destination one so I have to go), trying to figure out where I can save, running up medical bills with the therapy (500 a pop until deductible is met - large deductible). I guess it can add up to wanting to eat and avoid the worries.

Happy day all. Enjoy your Friday!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 05-04-2018 at 07:05 AM.