Old 04-27-2018, 08:36 AM   #106  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, yesterday was a bust plan wise. I wasn't in red line binge zone, but it was more maintenance calories than strict weight loss calories. We go again today. I'm still feeling nauseated most of the time- except whilst I'm eating. Plain carbs seem to sit better than protein or fat or spice. Still not yet exercised as well. All I want to do is just lie still and not rock the (stomach) boat too much.

Lemon: I sadly don't have a pool, although I guess I live in a climate where that would make sense. I'm not the best swimmer though, but swimming would have been great exercise. I don't think needing to take in old measurements is a small NSV, it sounds like a massive one to me. Well done!!! Day to day weight can be influenced by water and poop but needing a smaller measurements shows long term effort! Well done Lemon!!!! I'm sorry about the downer moments in your day. I hope it all got better. Kids are kids and husbands are people and sometimes stupid things come out of mouths without thought. If no one else apologized, I'm sorry you were hurt and I hope things brightened in the end for you and today is fabulous.

Diane: Yoga is a good idea. I have a non-bendy, not super intense yoga video that I may give a go tonight. Thanks for the suggestion. It sounds like body pump was really a good workout yesterday. I actually love squats (when I actually do them) and feel like they make many moves more bearable. Did you end up taking advantage of the good weather and getting in your post-work hike?

Uber: Scotch Eggs are a standard fast food snack where I'm from. It's only in recent years (like definitely maybe the last 5 years?) that we've gotten KFC and Dominos (still no McDs or BK), burgers are still very much a sit down and order food here. We got fried in batter chicken places when I was a teenager. But when I was a kid fast food was jammy doughnuts, scotch eggs, sausage rolls (the kind with pastry and sausage meat), meat pies (think of a pasty or a turnover not like a slive of pie), roasted or fried (unbattered) chicken pieces and rice- that was all you could get from fast food restaurants when I was a kid. It's a little different now because you still get all those things, but also American-esque options like fries and chicken in batter now. Scotch eggs are still my favourite. Yayyyy scale and scale victories. I hope you fly through the 230s as well! Shopping for bras is really the pits with the uncertainty about cut and sizing and the variance between brands! I hope you find something that works for you soon.

Okay guys, I've got to go. I'll try to check in this weekend. Hugs to all and wishing you guys a fab Friday.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:58 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Toasted: well, find yourself a pool if you can or if your part of the world is acceptable to women swimming. And if you feel your skills arenít great, using a kickboard would help you and give you exercise benefits you wouldnít believe. You just need to know to hold it in front of you and flutter kick behind you. And youíll float and your head stays out of the water if thatís concern.

Iím glad your trip went well and you saw a beautiful sunset. Iím watching a lovely sunrise at my house the sun was trying, but now the clouds are moving in as we are to get rain.

Uber: Iím the one who lamented the bra shopping. I strangely had the best luck finding Olga bras at Kohlís of all places. I ended up in a 40dd/ddd depending on wire or wire free. But I found something that fit where the wires werenít horribly long. And I found my size on the clearance rack so I paid $4 for two of my bras! Even better. Iím not in to spending oodles on a weight loss journey. If I can get a good one for cheap I will! Maybe take a look.

Windy: how are you doing? Did your scale settle down?

Diane: cake is good! I wonít turn down cake but sideeye back to toasted I can have a bite of frosting and thatís enough - and I will admit if itís that better-cream one I will eat that, but not a corner piece!

Sakai: Iím planning my flower selections and will go buy next week! Iím looking forward to spring colors and my yard looking happy.

Hello all!

Am: ok even more success. I ended up having to take in an 2Ē on my upper bust on my dress. Yeah! That means my back is reshaping downward and Iíll take that! My only grumble was that I had it completed and zipped up and noticed the issues once I had it all sewn up. So I had to rip out to take in, but taking in is a good thing. I did a different technique to my hem and it made the skirt flirty which though Iím closer to 50 then 30 - itís good to have flirty.

Weight wise - DH and I have a convention this weekend for him so Iíll go and shop and relax and look for new shoes (yes!) and plan my plant shopping. And have an ice cream as we are the dairy state and weíll be by the university and they have a grand ice cream testing area where they sell huge cones and Iím always one for a good cone of a good flavor. Weíll pop by campus and see what they have out there.

Sorry - I got segued by thinking of a sweet treat!

Happy day all I have to go pack and get my house picked up before going.

Enjoy your weekends!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:08 PM   #108  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Uber: Yay for you, another pound! It is so fun when you start getting to weights that you haven't seen in forever. That's great that you're approaching new ground.

Toasted: So sorry you are still having trouble with being nauseated. That's no fun. I hope that clears up for you over the weekend. It is hard to get super motivated for diet and exercise when you're not feeling well. I do like squats, too, but I wish I could get a little lower than I do. I think that they do a lot for the shape of glutes and legs.

Lemon: Yeah, I'm a corner piece of cake girl when there is buttercream frosting. That's why I can't have it often. Oh, and the ice cream shop sounds fantastic!! I hope you enjoy your time there!!

As for me, I did see a little drop on the scale. Flirting with being out of the 250's again. So, hopefully this weekend will be much more successful than last weekend. I just have to make it happen. I have some reasonable meals planned, but thinking about making a nice dessert for Sunday. Just can't help myself, I like having a nice dessert for our family dinner. But, I can be disciplined enough to not get stupid with portion sizes.

I did go hiking last night. It was super warm, so I got pretty darned sweaty. But so beautiful out there. The cactus are blooming (might be "cacti"?) and they were stunning. Lots of little lizards running around too. It made me happy to be out there. Love the nice weather!! I went to spin this morning and it was super hard. I think it was more that I was still a little tired from the hike and the lifting, but I made it. I should be better by tomorrow's spin class and I'll probably do a little upper body lifting.

Have a good weekend everyone!! Like Uber, I'll give some shout outs to Laurie, Lil, Windy, Sakai!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 04:46 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 276/220.6/160

Height: 5'6

Lemon:. Have a great weekend and fun at the convention. Enjoy that ice cream! I would love to see the dress when it's finished it sounds beautiful!

Uber:. Yay for the weight loss! Swimming is so great. I wish I had a pool as it is awesome on the joints!

Toasted:. Bali sounds amazing and thanks for the details. I sure hope you get to feeling better!

Diane:. I hope you get another woosh. My scale finally moved after over 4 weeks so I know how frustrating it is! Enjoy your hikes!

Shout out to Lil, Windy, Laurie, and Sakai!!!!

So it was take your child to work day on Thursday. My oldest girl who is 9 came with me. I had her do so e sorting. My building also had lots of events for the kids. It was fun. I'm still dealing with stomach issues. Now I'm thinking I may have an ulcer! 24 hour heart burn, bloating in upper stomach, stomach pain, belching, and nausea! Ugggg.

On the up side I finally saw a loss. 225.6 I am hoping for another pound before the end of the month to make 4 pounds. It's been stressful not losing for over 4 weeks!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 04:55 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Diane You are just hovering on the edge of 250... I hate that as I often stick at that weight too and my body just doesn't feel like tipping to the other side-- it's the continental divide of weight loss for me! And I'm so surprised to hear about the lizards and cacti where you live. Being in CA I'm used to that stuff, but I don't think of there being snow one minute and lizards the next! Glad you had a nice hike!

Toasted Every single food you mention would be completely irresistable to me! My mouth was watering just hearing about it! All that fried stuff! Yum! So sorry you are having tummy troubles! Sometimes you just have to eat what you eat, and if you are in maintenance zone, count that as a win!

Lemon $4 each for bras! What a steal! I don't shop at Kohl's too often even though there's one near me. Maybe I should take a look. I finally realized that I have a bra that fits really well that I never wear because it's black and I have another black one-- and it was too tight when I was at a higher weight, and it's a 44 G. I mean, seriously? Why do I wear 44 G? When I measure around the band, I get 40" even and I don't think I have huge boobs. Guess I'm wrong, LOL. So, I just bought a 42 F which fits pretty well and I'm going to keep it because I know eventually I'm going to lose boob weight. Weirdly enough, usually when I lose weight I lose first in the boobs and last in the belly, but this time, I'm losing belly faster... who knows.

So, I don't know what is up with me, but the scale is just racing through the 230s. I was not expecting to see 234 today! My BP was totally normal at the doctor's office yesterday, so that was exciting after being on meds before. Got some bloodwork and am hoping it all looks good. Yesterday went to the gym and decided to use the treadmill, and do the first workout from C25K. The first one is not challenging and I could even do it when I was in the 270s... but for whatever reason yesterday I got so tired I didn't think I could keep going-- got off the treadmill and I felt not good at all. I realized that I had had not had much to drink all day and had skipped dinner to go to workout, so I think it was probably either dehydration or just not eating enough-- I've had the same experience a few times before. When I got home I lay down to rest and ended up sleeping all night (it was about 7:30 pm) Woke up this morning feeling fine. It was just so weird that I got so exhausted doing something so light. Live and learn.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:16 PM   #111  
Diane

Jenni: Dang! That's awful that you might have an ulcer. Ugh! Hopefully you can get some relief soon. Glad you saw a good loss though!

Uber: Who are we to question why we lose weight sometimes!!? It is such a mystery. I'm so glad you're seeing some success! Yeah, we're on the western side of the state, in more of a desert area. So, although we get winters, we also dry out quickly.

As for me, my weigh in was up a little bit. That's ok, being a small increase. I still hope that I can get a good weigh in on Monday. We should be able to get a hike in tomorrow. It looks to be nice. I went to spin this morning and did some upper body lifting.

Hope everyone has a great rest of your weekend!!
Old 04-29-2018, 10:44 AM   #112  

No scale with me

I had my ice cream - peach! Oh my goodness was it good. I had two scoops in a sugar cone- what a delightful treat for spring.

My sewing projects turned out well and I feel good in them. The hotel room strangely has a lot to full length mirrors so Iíve been taking advantage of them to view myself. I once read a lot of overweight people really donít have full length mirrors and when hey finally see themselves they have said I would never have let myself.. . I have always had a longer mirror due to sewing - but att he same time I think itís kind of fun house as sometimes I feel I look heavier in mine at home vs others.

Iím going to grumble about a problem area. Though my weight has been static my shake has shifted. I have the landslide between my boobs and belly and now itís hanging weirdly on either side of my belly button. Like I put on my undies and itís ďtuckedĒ in. Itís not nice looking and Iíd love to figure out what it would take to get rid of it as Iím not a fan! But itís better than it once was.

Anywho - you all sound like you Are making good progress. Iíll do personals once Iím home. Wishing you all well!
Old 04-29-2018, 09:25 PM   #113  

Jenni Sorry I ignored you last time around. We must have been posting at the same time. Take your daughter to work day! How fun!!! And great news about the drop to 225! On the stomach front, that sounds pretty miserable. Hope it's not an ulcer!

Lemon Wow! Homemade peach ice cream sounds soooooo good! Funny about the full-length mirrors! The room I work in has an entire wall of mirrored closets so I see myself every single day! So glad that you were feeling stylish in your new clothes. Sounds like a fun trip all the way around!

Diane See, the one state that I never "get" is Colorado. Because it seems western, like CA, but then all that snow! Must be beautiful and a great place to hike. I spent a summer in Colorado, but it was in Lamar, which is pancake flat and in the southeastern part of the state (you probably already know that!) What I remember is a lot of tornadoes and the smell of stockyards! But I did visit Denver, Colorado Springs, Pikes Peak, etc. What a beautiful place!

I'm doing well. Weight bounced back up to 235 this morning, which isn't surprising. Sang in church choir this morning, took the dog for a nice walk, all in all a restful day.
Hope you're all having nice weekends.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:47 AM   #114  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, how goes? I hope you guys all had a good weekend. Mine was poor vis-a-vis food and nausea, but okay in terms of non-food related stuff. The problem is that the nausea is briefly improved by eating- which Dr. Google says could be a resurgence of gastritis (hopefully not because it's not that painful). Anyway, I have started back on the dreaded high-dose ranitidine (I think that's Zantac in america) and I'm also taking nausea meds which I'm not finding helpful but hopefully the helpfulness kicks in soon. I should also technically go back to the unprocessed ways I used to eat as opposed to my recent slide into chocolate and regular tea and carbonated bevvies and fruit and cheese and ice cream and tomatoes and citric acid-containing foods and stuff I didn't eat for years but have been reintroducing over the past few months since my digestive issues seemed to have been cured. Sighhh. It's going to suck to kick those things out but I need to get back to that.

Lemon: Yayyy needing to take in additional inches AND successful sewing projects. Emerging problem areas are the worst. I try to take a "it is what it is right now" acceptance sort of approach but it's hard not to poke at oneself and I found that for me, the poking at dissatisfaction actually got worse the smaller I got, so I feel your pain. It's like when I was 275lbs imagining onederland, I sort of imagined myself becoming a tiny, flat-bellied, gentrified plus size model (you know the ones- the ones that are like size 10/12 and flat bellied, roll-free and bigger than skinny models but smaller than proper plus sizes and with perfectly toned curvy bodies)-like creature. And it was like nope, things sag, hang and look miserable and all the magic and body confidence I imagined didn't appear- if anything I was more self-critical. This journey is hard. Sigh.

Diane: It sounds like the hiking is fabulous in your neck of the woods now that spring has... sprung. Were your able to go hiking yesterday. Did you have your Sunday dinner dessert? What did you have? Let me live vicariously through you. Wishing you a good end of month weigh in!

Jenni: Take your child to work day sounds like it was a fun time. How often does your work do it? It sounds really cool for kids to see and understand what their parents do. Also yayyy the scale victory!!! Fingers crossed you get your extra pound by tomorrow. I hope you don't have an ulcer. One of my many digestive issues was that and your symptoms do make it sound possible. Have you been tested for H. pylori and/or scoped? Hopefully, you get a solution soon. Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.

Uber: Yay SVs and NSVs!!!! That's fantastic about your BP! I agree poorly-hydrated C25K can be a real drag. I love running even though I've fallen out of it a bit and probably need to start some level of C25K again but if you want to be running buddies, weather-willing, I'm down.

The rainy season seems to have properly started and currently it's on a cycle where it's raining for about half an hour every morning. It's nothing to complain about- this isn't June weather with flooding and weeklong storms quite yet. I meant to go running this morning but I didn't but I'm determined to work out this evening. I'm hoping the meds work today and keep nausea at bay so I can do something this evening. I'm sprinkling all the on-plan dust I have on all of us in this group and hoping we all end the month strong on this last day of April. Hugs to all.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 04-30-2018 at 07:50 AM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:53 AM   #115  

Toasted: Your stomach issues sound like mine! Nexium seemed to help. I need to go back to the doctor I am afraid of years of taking NSAIDS really has worn on my tummy! Take your child to work is once a year. This is the first year I did it and really enjoyed it.

Uber: Sounds like you had a very relaxing Sunday. Mine was a bit lazy too due to my stomach issues I did find my husbands nexium has eased things. Now to get into the doctor.

Lemon: I am glad you enjoyed the peach ice cream. I hope you had a great weekend.

Diane: I hope you enjoyed some hiking and I hope you had a great weigh in!

I did lose another pound 224.6. I've lost 4 pounds in the last 5 days or so. I am hoping this means I am done with the dreaded plateau. And I will take that 4 pounds along with an eject button for all the rest of the fat!

Happy Monday!

Last edited by jenjenangel027; 04-30-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:03 PM   #116  
Diane

Uber: Oh so true about Colorado. There is such a big range of areas, it is so different from city to city for weather, climate, elevation, recreation.... Lamar is kind of included as part of the "Eastern plains". Then, you get to the "Front Range" which is somewhat at the base of the mountains on the east side - includes Denver, Colorado Springs, Pueblo. Right in the middle is the mountain ranges which includes the high mountain towns and ski areas. Then, you have the "Western Slope", which is where I live, and that is a combination of mountain towns and valleys. We live in a valley, which is somewhat more like a desert area. If it wasn't for irrigation, we'd be dry! So there you go. Close by is more dry hiking, with the lizards, cactus, and mountain biking trails. In the summer, I can usually drive an hour or so to get to some mountain hiking with pine trees, aspen trees, rivers, "real mountains", etc.

Toasted: So sorry about the nausea. That's awful. I hope your medication kicks in and gives you some comfort. I was able to hike and we did have dessert. It was so good. It was a Sopapilla cheesecake pie. Kind of a flaky crust and top, with a cream cheese/sugar filling, topped with cinnamon sugar and baked.

Lemon: Awesome on the sewing projects! That must feel great to have the success! I know what you mean with the body issues. It definitely is humbling. Ha! But hey, at least we're all getting healthier as the weight goes down.

Jenni: Congrats on the weigh in! Good to see that you're losing more!

As for me, well not a great weigh in. I stayed the same as last week. Overall, I lost 2.2 for the month of April, which is definitely under my goal of 4 pounds a month. I was pretty mad about it this morning, but that doesn't help. I think I need to track more carefully. Am I underestimating how large my portions are? I thought I was pretty much on track, but maybe not. Or maybe I'm just stuck. It's been about the same for about 3 weeks, so no need to panic yet. Just need to be more mindful and figure it out.

I don't see that it can be a question of exercise. I know that I am doing well with that. I went on a 2.15 mile hike on Sunday. I could have done more, but had yard work that needed to be done. I went to Spin this morning, and tomorrow is a rest day.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:27 PM   #117  

Diane I love desert-y areas! It sounds beautiful where you live. Are you from there, or did you move their later? Regarding the weight, that is frustrating, but on the other hand, down two is heading in the right direction. I think you are just sitting at a happy place for your body. I know that my body will happily hang out in the low 260s-- I can eat a lot and not gain, and restrict a lot and not lose. What happens with me is that all of a sudden I get really hungry again, and then I start losing again. It's as if the body says, "oh, she really means it, this really is all the calories I'm going to get..." I've been looking back at my old weight loss log from 2009-2010 and weirdly enough, my patterns are eerily similar... slow through the 250s and 240s, and much faster through the 230s... And on the flip side? When I was gaining it all back, I never lingered in the 230s at all, I zipped right through them too fast to even record a weight. In short, I'm a believer in the set point theory and I think we stall at certain weights.

Toasted It is so frustrating when you give up something for a long while and then start feeling like you can handle bringing it back to your diet and then you realize you are back at square one. I really hope your tummy problems settle down!!!

Jenni Hooray to the end of the plateau! And even more so, hooray for hanging in there through the dreadful amount of stress you've been going through. That is always the thing that sets me back! 224 is just terrific!

Nothing much to report over here. Still sitting at 235 this am, so I guess the 234 was a bit of a fluke. Planning to swim tonight. The bra saga continues. I returned the 44DDDs and ordered a couple of 42Fs. One I liked and one didn't fit, but I decided I liked the other one. Put it on this morning and started wearing it, and darned if the bra straps don't slip. Which I hate! And I'm annoyed, lol, because the last time I lost a major amount of weight, I lost in my boobs right away and started wearing a much smaller bra size, but this time, I seem to be losing everywhere except my boobs! Meanwhile, my thighs are so thin that I look like a stork!
Old 04-30-2018, 05:44 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 242/218.6/180

I'm here...I'm alive...I'm still off track but made better choices today.

I have been so crazy busy that I've not had time to read the thread. I'll try to do that tonight or in the morning and get caught up on everyone!!

Thanks for missing me. I'll come up for air soon!
windyleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:41 AM   #119  

Weight couldnít tell you
Water non existant
Exercise whatever I found raking my front bed and walking the greenhouses

Morning all!

Windy: hope your world settles down some soon!

Diane: maybe you either need to look at your calories and maybe even if you have enough drop 50-100 and see if that helps. I canít recall if you are really low or not. Are you eating what youíve worked off? I just read an article that some people are finding a low carb diets they arenít getting enough and when that happens the weight is static. I donít know where else to point you unless you are making lots of muscle and thatís who you are. I sound like no help!

Jen: ugh - on everything feel horrible! Howíd your kitchen turn out or is it still a work in progress?

Toasted: oh I have no clue what I could even speculate how my body will look - maybe it will be a bit better in time. Iím just kind of weirded out by the landslide look that progresses and I ďfeelĒ like Iím tucking in all the flab in my undies or my spanx when I dress up. I had found a dress pattern that piqued my interest but I feel it will showcase my current problem area more than I am willing to.

Oh and the ratadine - ick one of my littles when an infant had to take that. Not a fan and the liquid smells funky if I recall. I know they didnít like it!

Have you tried probiotics? There are certain ones better than others and maybe that would help clean up your gut some?

Uber: I LOATHE bra shopping and what I ended up doing is taking all sorts of bras in the dressing room and just try them all on. I had an idea of where I was starting using the best measurement and go from there. I was having problems with underwires being too long or way too wide. I send you strength in dealing with it all because itís a huge pain in the butt. Howís swimming going? Please go for me as I miss it something horrible.

Morning all!

Am: have a bday to prepare for this week and a cake to make. Iím doing a pound cake with drizzled icing. Itís one of their favorites so I will oblige!

As for weight I didnít hop on the scale. Iím running around so much this week Iím feeling behind. And fitting in my scale these last few morns were not caught.

On my flowers: I got them all! Iím not potting them up for a while because the temps are wonky right now yet. Two weeks ago it was 14Ē of snow and yesterday it was 80 and so so dry. I donít need to stress the plants out further. Soon though!

On everything else: going bonkers with spring! And kids sports! And life at full tilt this week. Hope everyone is doing well. I do hope weight is coming off - with me Iím still sliding ambacka And forth and perhaps soon enough Iíll trip out of this stupid decade. Itís not like Iíve never gotten stuck here before - I have and I hated it! The only thing that moved me out of the 220s was swimming. Right now not so much unless I dig my own pool! Hah!

Happy day all!
Old 05-01-2018, 10:31 AM   #120  

Diane: do you measure your food? I went back to measuring last week when I was 3 weeks plus of being around the same weight. It really made me realize I was adding extra to things. With exercising that is a hard thing some aps say to eat back calories and others say not too. I might measure for a day and write down everything you would normally eat to see where you have been then subtract 100 calories for a week if that doesn't do much subtract more. Another thing is you could calorie cycle.

Uber: thank you for the props! It has been hard work getting here! I'm 52 pounds in and it still feels like a long journey! I do know one thing......I am NOT giving up this time. I don't care how long it takes to get this fat off I am doing it. I haven't been below 216 in 8 years, below 200 in over 10 years, and below 180 in almost 20 years! I really want to see those points hit and will be celebrating in a healthy way.

Lemon: I'm working on my front room right now. I'm almost done painting then I will lay the floor. My kitchen counters go in at the end of May and my cabinet refacing is sometime in June. I will be doing the backsplash after the countertops! Eating will be hard as we have to live without a sink for two weeks! I totally get the deflating feeling of the body. I think I have lost 52 pounds but look in the mirror and still feel uncomfortable with myself. We are a work in progress. I think part of it is our minds too. This weight loss thing is difficult!

Windy:. You can do this! We are here for you!

I have my training again today and tomorrow. Looking forward to pushing myself. My stomach is still very touchy. Anyone want to trade me???????