Old 01-24-2018, 07:18 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Laurie: I hope it wasnít flu related- that frightens me right up there w enterovirus. I do hope heís on the mend. Yeah for you for not stress eating! I would! But then my hospital also has a bakery as part of it. Hang in there Mom sick kids cause all sorts of worry even if just a broken arm.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:45 AM   #122  

This close to a new decade yet so far away as a weekend is coming right up and we all know I wobble a bit. Well a lot - who am I kidding?!

But it was nice to see a new number that I havenít seen for ages. Come on 220 letís get this done.

Hope everyone is doing well especially since itís Thursday. I have all sorts of ideas of what Iíd like to do but Iím sure most wonít get done as time seems to run out fairly quickly and there is always something else that creeps into place.

Today I need to pay bills and balance the books if you will and make a grocery list for tomorrowís shopping trip which Iíd love my trip to be huge but it will just be general and Iíll stop and see about getting some seeds (my highlight). My menards was just putting them out before we went on the trip. I plan on trying winter sowing and see if I can get some good and hearty plants to set out come late spring. Plus it gets me this much closer to spring and warm weather in thoughts. Thatís on my calendar beginning 2/1. I need to get my shelving and grow lights up to ready it all. I had saved my geraniums and I decided I would start waking them up in feb instead of March, though they did ok then they were just smaller this last season when I did this. I need to get one more shop light so I can run an additional shelf and get it all growing and looking good.

See spring thoughts tumble out of me as do thoughts about warmth!

Ok happy day all! Know that this quasi-dieting mama is happy with her scale this morning. I will have to make a new mini goal to hit and aim for as my 222 might be achieved sooner than not. Iíll give myself until wed next week (which will take care of my weekend foibles that always get me) and hope it gets surpassed but quickly. Happy scale says I have achieved 33% of my goal - I may update my tickets to reflect.

Enjoy your day!
Old 01-25-2018, 10:47 AM   #123  

Lemon, congrats on the new number!

Me? I saw an old number. Back to 272. WTH, really. I have been under on my calories every day this week...nothing. Up and down and up and down and I'm getting pretty tired of it.

I have realized that I'm not going to have time to do all I need to do before my surgery, which is just next Friday. I need to sew this weekend and probably more importantly, do some rather heavy cleaning I have been putting off. I planned on spending Sunday learning to can. Yes, can...as in pressure cookers and mason jars! I've always wanted to learn - lately I've REALLY wanted to learn, and found out a SCA friend of mine knows how and asked her to teach me. I'm wondering if I should just forget it for now....Or maybe that's me second guessing my ability to get this stuff all done? I do that.

Well either way, I have nothing much to say today. So for now I'll say good-bye.

Last edited by Lilion; 01-25-2018 at 10:47 AM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:04 PM   #124  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, quick check in which I started yesterday but got side-tracked so I'm finishing today. I've been doing alright calorie-wise this week but I'm not yet exercising. I have to get up an hour earlier for work this year than last and I'm not yet on an appropriate sleeping schedule. I'm going to keep trying though. At least one component is kind of on point even if the scale isn't reflecting it. It's been a busy couple of days with strategy meetings etc and we have another one today, all day, starting in about 15 minutes so I want to finish this today, otherwise, it might become the longest ever short post written... or something.

Lemon: Dubai is as shiny, bright and glossy as it looks, at least on the surface. But it's also strangely not that bad in terms of price- cheaper than Europe for sure, sometimes even cheaper than going to another African country. Sort of like your family's Disneyland tradition, I've gone every New Years for the past few years, so I've done the more exciting things in previous years, but this year I discovered a new neighbourhood that had really cool restaurants and a dancing fountain and a Star Wars-themed laser/light show which was cool even for not being a fan. The weight unfortunately isn't budging, but I know it will... eventually, as long as I keep on keeping on with my calories. How goes with clearing out your basement, any luck? Bra shopping is the worst. I've given up on my boobs looking good because so many bras give me heartburn but back when I was a bra-holic obsessed with the girls sitting pretty, I was in awkward sizes too (went from a 44J at my heaviest to a 32F at my lightest). The truth was getting bras in weird sizes mostly comes from online stores. Rarely did I have luck in brick and mortar stores. If the wires aren't sitting right on your bra, it tends to mean, the cup size is wrong- either too small or too large, but I'd guess too large (combined with the band size). Check out figleaves.com/us store and barenecessities; they both carry "unconventional" sizes especially FigLeaves and they frequently have coupons floating about. Amazon can also be a good place to check although it can be hit or miss because of Asian sizing sometimes but they have good bra brands and free returns so... win-win?

Lillion: Heyyyy!!! Nothing better than unearthing treasures you haven't seen in a while- almost like getting brand new stuff. 4 functioning sewing machines!!! How did that happen? Do they have different capacities and levels of fancyness? Whatever it is, I'm totally in awe of anyone who has sewing skills! Can you really make a dress like the one in the picture??? That's AMAZING! I'm even more fascinated by the SCA thing now that I see how serious it is with sleeping in ACTUAL tents for real, for real and then actually having to be dressed in character for a week and you making the clothes yourself!!! Totally in awe!!! And a sewing husband!!! #swoon My scale is being uncooperative as well, bouncing upward even though I've been under calories. Le sigh... I guess we just have to keep pushing.

Diane: You're totally right that the closer to goal, the less the motivation in some ways but I think some of it is just fatigue from counting calories and being hypermindful for so long that one gets a little "meh" about it. That said, since coming back, I've felt a lot more inspired to push myself a little harder and push towards what I want, so there is something to be said for doing this journey in a community versus doing it by yourself. I'm glad your plantar fasciitis is better- hopefully you can have a run of flare-free days (run pun intended- yes i'm ashamed of myself). Your salad sounds great and everything a salad should be, total #saladgoals- nutritious and filling and tasty and not just a few leaves and a sprig of microherbs and a single spray of vinegar.

(OKay so I didn't finish this post before my morning meeting nearly 7 hours ago but I'm back to finish it now, with 5 minutes till closing time.)

Laurie: I'm so sorry to hear about your last week. I'm glad your son is better. How traumatic! That kind of worry is the effective diet solution no one should ever have to suffer through. I'm with you on working fewer hours this year. That's my goal for the year too. Or at least to go home at closing time (5pm) not be hear till y'kno 10 or later. I hope you're all caught up with everything now and at least back to getting some nutrition in. Sending you HUGS!!!

Alright guys, it's 5:03 and I need to pack up. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the day. My only goal today is another "within calories" day.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:40 PM   #125  

Toasted: well it sounds like you had fun w Dubai! I always like finding something a bit different when I travel even if it is locally and common. You never know unless you try. Heck DH and I had to do laundry on our trip and ended up in a neighborhood that Iíd say was those who are the behind the scenes people for all the tourist spots. We got to talking w/ one lady from Haiti - she had the most beautiful laugh as she spoke and we were all joking around before we left, her laugh was infectious. As for the weight - it will move: it may just not move quite in be time frame youíd like - I am walking proof of such!

Lil: I can, but not in the pressure cooker - I use the boiling method and usually I do mine in the fall with the garden/orchard harvest. I am not super successful with the jams/jelly but have had luck with pears, apples and salsa. And frankly I can make 16 pints of salsa for the cost of about 2 jars at the store and mine donít have cilantro (gross soap taste!) and basil instead. Since itís kind of become a staple at this house we go through it all by the next season quite well. Good luck learning. I have an electric pressure cooker - the stove ones still bring me back scary memories of my childhood when the one time it burst open as Mom was using it. Exploding pots on the stove are not where itís at for me. Scarring!

Hello all!

My plant shelf is up, the space itís in cleaned up and the one light I have hung but not on the timer yet. Tomorrow w the shopping trip weíll get the other one and Iíll get installed and start working on my spring projects and get plants under the lights. Woot! I like the smell of wet dirt when itís cold out. I look forward to having some luck with it all. When the kid is down for the nap Iíll run out to the garage and get my planters I save and get them washed and bleached for use. I also have to punch holes in my milk jugs for that outside ďgreenhouseĒexperiment of growing in the snow. LOTS TO DO.

And yes the basement - that cleaning has to get done too. Yuck. I am trying to see if my DH will convince his parents to take the kids tomorrow night through Sunday. They might. That way we can clean in the am and then run to town in the afternoon and maybe have a shopping and early dinner date. I have so many projects I want done - storage related and everything is on sale for that right now. I need shelves made, organization redone etc. maybe my sweet talking will work and maybe the projects really will get completed. A girl can hope!

Iím off to have some blueberries from the freezer and last summers picking. They are a beautiful thing to have right now! And boy do they taste like summer packed right on inside them.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:41 PM   #126  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemonthyme: Oh how fun! Getting your plants started and getting everything set up. I'd like to do more of that someday. I actually have a huge garden space, just not a lot of time for it. I would like to take most of it and plant some trees and flowers. I love vegetable gardens, but they require so much work!! Makes me think that the prices at the farmer's markets are fine!!

Lilion: Wow, what a set up! I do some pretty heavy duty camping during hunting season, and I always thought we had a sweet set up. But, nothing that nice!! Sounds like you'll have a great time. Also, I do some canning and I don't think you have to be intimidated by it at all. I really just taught myself by reading the book that came with my canner. I don't do as much as I would like, but I think it is pretty easy to do. Just takes a lot of time!

Laurie: Wow! Hope all is well now with your son. That's not a great way to lose weight, is it?! If you can learn from it, though, than that's a good thing. Work can't control our lives. I know that there are times when you just have to put some extra time in, but if it happens all the time, then it isn't fair for you to do so much extra work for free for your employer.

Toasted: You'll get your weight to go back down. I know it! You are probably just getting your body to get on a new routine, and it might be fighting back! Ha!

For me, I had a good weigh in. It seems to be a good week for me, so I think that maybe some extra retention is letting loose finally. I have been really good about being on plan with food, so I think that helps. I'm hoping for a good weekend so that I can get a good official weigh in on Monday. I just have to make it happen. I am getting close to being out of the 260's, and that would be nice. I try not to think about the fact that I'm relosing what I regained last year, but just keep working on it to get back down to where I was before I got stupid.

I ended up not going to the gym this morning. I was feeling really achy and sore, so I thought that was a good sign that it should be a rest day. I think I'll go back to the gym tonight and try running again, but we'll see how it goes.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:39 AM   #127  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, nothing much new to report. I was a little over in calories yesterday from dinner- nothing unhealthy, just too much food in quatity. Anyway, for some reason, that's translated into a drop in weight this morning so really.... :SHRUG: who knows what my body/the scale is doing? Anyway, hopefully by this time next week, I'll be out of the 180s and back to the formerly much-maligned, but now much-anticipated 170s and then from there to total 160s domination, all the way to my ultimate goal of 155-160. Yep, it's going to go that smoothly. Mmmmhmmm!

lemonthyme: It sounds like you're really getting a lot done with setting up your garden. That's great! Please what is this milkhouse greenjug (I know it's the other way round but I'd already typed milkhouse and decided to just go with it) experiment of which you speak? Is there a reverse version that would allow me to grow berries in the tropics??? I'd be all over that! Some people do it here but they have those airconditioned tents and that seems like a major investment, greenjugs would be more up my alley, methinks. I hope hope hope you can get the desired kid-free weekend with your husband to get things done and just be y'kno... footloose and fancy free.

Diane: I had a good weigh in too, FINALLY (first time since my trip). My dad is the gardner, I somewhat have brown thumbs mostly out of forgetfulness, but the effort DOES pretty much make me feel whatever I pay for fruit and veg is worth it. I hope you're feeling less achy today.

Alright guys, I wish you all a wonderful and blessed weekend. My goals are 1.) Stay under or around 1500 calories, 2.) Get 10k steps at least once, 3.) Complete everything on my todo list.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:54 AM   #128  

Toasted: my mini greenhouses - i have saved washed out gallon milk jugs. You drill drain holes in the bottom and hinge the top, put growing mix in, my seeds and duct tape it. Put it outside in the snow without the lid and let it grow on itís own checking moisture periodically. See this

As for the above with your temps it wouldnít work in this manner but maybe it could work more as a mini greenhouse where you are monitoring it more but maybe it would work just fine. In our instance this is to make sturdier plants in the cold and get a jump on growing. Iím zone 4 so colder temps!

Oh youíll get that weight off - you have travels and stressful work on and off and life - that plays a big part in the sliding around. Youíve made adjustments before you can do the same again. Think walking your hallway!

Diane: did the shoe info make sense? I know changing my drop made a huge difference. I had adidas and Nike before and they always caused issues for my feet and calves (they would feel fatigued early into walking from the arch! And I have high arches) and then cause issues With my whole foot. I had read on the saucony and thought what the heck. I havenít had lots of issues since I switched. Might be worth investigating as there are other brands that offer these drops too. I always wondered how those Skechers that were so heavy on the bottom did for people I knew they werenít for me just looking at them.

Lil: you are a tall lady if I read your previous post! Kind of fun isnít it? Well until pant shopping if I forget - good luck with your surgery. Will this just be a day procedure? I hope it goes smoothly for you. BTW how is your brittle friend doing? Has she moved closer to you that you are able to visit more often?

Laurie: cutting back on work is a big help. I had worked from home and what drove me nuts is I never LEFT it - Iíd think of something after hours or middle of the night and hop on. And even when I was in the office it wasnít uncommon to just disregard time and stretch out the workday and then wonder why I wasnít having fun outside of work. Iíd take time off to just stay at home. Alas - take advantage of slowing down a bit and take care of you. How are you and DH doing?

Hello anyone I forgot!

AM: the scale has been moving this week which is always a nice thing to see. However it is a Friday and then there are the two days thereafter that always trip me up. BUT my ILS wonít be able to watch the kids so that means maybe not the date night eating or the movie, but maybe we can work on the basement and get some more done. I have 3 closets I want to make adjustments to shelving and bring in some new things to store items in. AND CLEAN. Iíd just love a nicely cleaned area. It never lasts at this house. My eldests closet we cleaned a week before Christmas, itís back to barely being able to get in it. This child is still not even a tween yet! God help me!

Ok so I have many long lists for many a different project. But my top two I guess are the cleaning of basement so I can walk and starting my grow lights.

And then my weight loss. Do any of you see an uptick in pounds if you add walking daily back into your plan or a decrease? I havenít done lengthy walking except for vacay of late and I canít recall what my body does if I do so.

I was looking at before/after images of loss on instagram last night. Some of those losses are so impressive and some have done well w maintenance. I havent begun to think how that will go but maybe I should keep that in mind now and start planning how I will do once Iím without this extra. But I know most of you have been in the same boat - any clue ins on how to think ahead about such?

Ok Iím off to make my shopping lists. Happy day all. I may be on here this weekend especially if Iím struggling a bit. Iíd so like to keep the scale moving down. Hereís to hoping. Pop in if you can and weíll give each other shout outs.

Happy day!
Old 01-26-2018, 01:19 PM   #129  

LOL Toasted! Your response to the SCA stuff made my day. Yes, I can make a dress like the one in the picture. It’s a really simple one actually. Lemon, I’m sure, sews much better having read about her making shorts and swimwear, etc. Dresses are easy. I have a couple of photos of me in SCA garb, but nothing fancy and at my fattest, like 40 lbs ago, so I don’t know if I’m willing to post them.  I’ll have to see if I can locate anything more flattering.

As for the sewing machines – I have an antique Singer from the 50’s my mother-in-law gave me. It’s an awesome machine and the one I use 99% of the time. I have a Europro I bought from a friend, which works just fine by isn’t as “sturdy” as the antique. Nowadays they put too much plastic in a machine. The old ones are real work-horses. Those are the only two I really use. I have two other antique Singer’s, one in a cabinet (in the basement) and one in a bentwood case. They are little, ĺ size machines that probably date to the 40’s or earlier. They work, but I never use them. They need a good cleaning and really, I need to learn how to operate them better. Real old machines are just different. Then the non-functioning one is my mothers. She passed away in 1987 and I’ve tried to have it repaired, but it’s an old Kenmore and I haven’t been able to find anyone who can fix it. So it’s just a big, ugly keepsake. I really should get rid of it.

What is the weather where you live? You say the tropics…but do you have any kind of a cool season? How hot does it get? I doubt you could grow blueberries in the tropics, but I bet you could grow blackberries, they are a summer berry here, give them enough water and maybe shade in the hottest part of the day, assuming it’s like 90 Fahrenheit or above, and blackberries should grow.

Lemon, you are apparently in the less than 15% of the population who thinks cilantro tastes like soap! I can see why you’d need to make your own salsa. LOL I do know that you can can all sorts of things from the tomato and fruit family in the water bath, things with a high acid content, but I haven’t tried. I really want to can things like broth (which I always make from the carcass/bones of chicken, etc.) and veggies and even meats. I like the idea of having things preserved that don’t have to be frozen. As it turns out, my friend had to cancel. Just as well, we’ll get together after Gulf Wars.

I’d like to garden again this year. I have a tiny garden, 4 x 12, but it has to go because the timbers are all rotted out and we’ve decided we need to get out yard in “sale shape” because we really would like to move in a few years. Maybe I’ll try container gardening again. Yes, I’m quite tall, about 5’10”. Yep, pants can be a pain to find. My surgery…well…it may be outpatient, or it may not. They’ll start off trying to do it laparoscopically and then, if that doesn’t work (for various reasons) they may have to do it the old-fashioned way and then I’ll spend at least one night in the hospital. Haven’t heard from my brittle friend for a few weeks. She’s still looking for a place as far as I know.

Diane! Another good weigh in! again! You GO girl!

Laurie – How are you? Hope your son is on the mend!

Stacy! Where are you? Come and join the fun!

Okay so…no loss this week, but no real gain, so there’s that. It is getting VERY annoying. What’s really going on with me though is, I DON’T WANT SURGERY! I don’t WANT to have someone cut me open and take something out! I don’t want pain. I don’t want a week off work – Oh wait! THAT I want! But I don’t want surgery. The dread and stress is getting to me.  Other than that, and the fact that I remain as fat as ever, all is well. So…yeah. There’s that.

And on that note, I have nothing more to say. I’m going to get some office work done ladies.

Last edited by Lilion; 01-26-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:17 PM   #130  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Toasted: Yeah, weight loss/gain and scales just don't make sense so much of the time. If it would just follow the rules, we would know what to expect!!! I guess it keeps us humble...and frustrated!!

Lemonthyme: I'm not completely sure I understand the shoe thing, but I need to just check it out and see if it could work for me, too! But, it is shoe shopping and totally not my thing. So, I will need to make it happen at some point, but I'm not quite there yet. Ha! Your planting efforts are amazing, by the way! So cool!!

Lilion: I would feel the same way if I were you, regarding surgery! It just is such an inconvenience, and the anticipation has to be the worst. I hope you get through it and heal quickly!! No one wants to deal with all of that. Ugh!

For me, I was up just a little this morning. I went out to lunch with a friend yesterday, and even though my calories were on point, when I put it all in myfitnesspal, it showed that there was a lot of sodium. So, I don't know if that caused it or if it was just one of those things. I have a mini goal in mind for Monday's weigh in, but it would be a little tough to reach it. Maybe I can put some extra effort into staying on track and getting a little extra exercise over the weekend. We'll see how it goes. Weekends aren't always my shining moment with weight loss.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:19 PM   #131  

lil: just remember any anesthetic and you'll be tired on and off for a year. Crazy crappy stuff. Take your naps when you can! You will do fine. I am guessing part of not knowing the type of procedure might have to do with weight or belly fat? That's got to be rough. I had surgery for a nodule once and ended up loosing the organ as cancerous. So I understand the whole open to options for outcome on a table. Hang in there - you will do fine. And just think - your DH can wait on you a bit extra! And bring you flowers, and you could push for a foot rub I guess

diane: I think I notice it more on how my foot feels in the shoe. As in, with the other shoes, I always feel my arch tighten usually immediately, the whole shoe seems built up in feeling from the heel forward. If you have a store that caters to runners - go in and see if they can help you having you put your feet in the lowest drop to the highest. I did more trial and error on my end before I found something that helped me. Sometimes you don't know until you are in your activity, but maybe they can show you what ones to try w/different drops (ie where your toes are vs the heel). Or maybe one of your gym rats can help you out too - maybe inquire w/someone more knowledgable than I. Some of it to I think depends on how your arches are, if you toe in or out as there are certain ones that they recommend in certain situations.

AM: Light and seeds gotten. I drug the geraniums up from storage and will commence soon on soaking them for an hour to rehydrate a bit. then into the dirt they go to sit in darkness for a few days. I'll keep them in my pantry - both warmer and dark MOSTLY. Then under the lights they will go once they have their rest.

I got groceries - got a bag of 12 colored bell peppers for 99Ę as they are a tad wrinkled, but otherwise tasty. So I did that vs the 99Ę for one pepper that still may have some wrinkles-variety. I have red, yellow, orange and green bells to snack on this next week! Woot! Otherwise, prices seem to have nudged up - what's that all about - gas too?! The highest I saw today was $2.61/gal - I am not getting any better product then years ago, so stop w/the speculating and let the stuff go back down in price - and frankly winter blend vs summer - that's stupid too.

I also splurged and got myself a noosa coconut yogurt for dinner - my family can eat the mac and cheese and I will do that - I think. It just sounded good today.

In all this melting of oneself, I seem to have aggravated a problem from pushing out kids. Yes the dreaded thing all women loathe having as an after present, that keeps reminding you of pushing when you least want it! Yeah. Where's my witch hazel? That darn thing is going to be shrunk and gone if I have anything more to do with it. I sound like a grumbler - so I am off to soak my geraniums and melt some more myself and find more happy in my day.

Take care gals! Enjoy the weekend and think yourselves thin!
Old 01-27-2018, 09:54 AM   #132  

I went up a pound but I suspected I would, I had a cheeseburger kids meal at Culver’s yesterday and a frozen custard. It was good at the time and I will be mindful the rest of the weekend and work my way down again.

The suns out again and the family and I will go to town for a bit today and see about finding some things to help w the organization I have in my head and what I’d like to bring to my house. I probably should purge a lot, I read of all these that do and then move into a tiny house or even stay in their own home but without all the clutter. I have lots of kid items but I also have a lot of my own so it’s not fair to blame them for all the mess. Some days it gets to be a heavy when you just look at what still sits here unused or used rarely.

My planting! I got the cuttings in pots of dirt, I also got the geraniums done. Do you know, I love the smell of geraniums as they begin to grow. It says spring and fresh air to me with its quirky smell. Today while we are out I’m going to stop at another store and see if I can find some different seeds. Of course maybe I should just order online the few other things I want. I haven’t decided but I did have to laugh because standing in the check out yesterday the 4 people all around me had the same thing going on - we all had seed packets in our carts. Yeah spring in my area. Forget winter, I’m so over winter!

So my dears - may your weekends go well and you have time to relax but also keep busy with fun things. Happy day all!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 01-27-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:34 AM   #133  

Let’s just say IF over my weekend did not go as plan nor did my meals. My DH wanted to be in charge of meals which is just fine however his idea of being in charge vs my own are worlds apart. He was concerned the other night when I said I’ll just do an avocado, pepper and string cheese. Seriously the man is unaware of what a ‘Cado packs for calories in it’s dark green shell. Alas my scale is up (bread products and a soda) and we’ll just get on with the week. Plus water and I did not see eye to eye for keeping up with. Some days I seriously avoid it. But today Will find me back to it - dentist trip and all. I’m just having my coffee now.

I did get all my feb milk jugs outside with their seeds and all the others under the grow lights. My hope with all of this is to reduce my cost at the nursery in May. I know a $1.50-3 a plant adds up quick and I’m not out too much and it gives me a spring feeling to play in the dirt and smell fresh growth.

I think I’ve figured out what I’ll order bra wise - I’m sister sizing due to the fact finding an H(what the hades) is not economical. I’ll try the sister size and see if that works out ok. I had DH take my 4 way photos - I know we are our own worst critic - but damnable gals - I look like an out of shape football player from the rear and a lumpy potato from the side. The front just looks like a deflated pillow and my DH says look at all that sexiness. Funny how we each view things. But he did also say he’s noticing areas of loss on me. And yes when I look at all my photos with a critical eye, I see change too. Even my upper arms aren’t as pronounced. So some change has happened. As ubee once said we can all be butterflies emerging in spring! I keep that in mind.

So, hello all! I’ll do personals as you all get into your days. Just know you are doing your best, weekends trip all of us up and I’m ready for the snow to GO!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 01-29-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:26 AM   #134  

MUST SHARE NSV

Ok so after my shower this am, I pulled out my old 20w boyfriend jeans half heartedly and I saw in the bottom of my drawer an old pair of misses 16. I was like what the hades - itís a Monday and Iím up a smidge weight wise with my bread. Anywho, I decided to step into them. Well they came up over my hips (the butt is always my issue) and I gave them a yank the rest of the way up. In the past I have not had a lot of room that I couldnít button them. But today -

I COULD - zip and BUTTON and no muffin top. They are a bit snug over the bum but still wearable - Iíve got on a longer button down just in case as I have my appointment soon.

You wouldnít believe how that made me feel to have that happen.

These are jeans I bought a year after having my oldest so the jeans are about 9. Iíve always hung onto the 16s in hope I could get back there at some point and now I think I have. Good golly. Off to melt some more and stick w/ the IF. scale find those teens this week - Iím gunning for you!
Old 01-29-2018, 11:02 AM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonthyme View Post
I am guessing part of not knowing the type of procedure might have to do with weight or belly fat?
First and foremost...CONGRATS on the NSV!

I didn't even WI all weekend or log any food in My Fitness Pal. I don't know why....it was a weird weekend. I had things I really needed to get done and instead I went furniture shopping and spent $1000 MORE than planned - on ONE item!!! All in all, it was not a good weekend.

As for the question - no, not at all. I may be worried about the surgery being complicated by belly fat, but the surgeon said nothing about that. His worry is twofold. #1, I had a prior surgery a thousand years ago when I was in my early 20's and the scar is right between one spot they have to go in with their instruments and the gallbladder. He's afraid there may be adhesions or scar tissue in the way of his instruments...which he won't know until he tries. #2, from the appearance of my gallbladder, he thinks it may be too "tough" to cut up and get out in little pieces, which is how they do it when it's done laproscopically...which he won't know until he tries.

So...basically they'll start off laproscopically and maybe change mid-surgery if necessary. Fun times.

BUT, worse is the fact that I may have royally screwed up. I looked in the mirror this weekend and thought, "The surgeon hasn't seen me. What if he won't do the surgery because the spots are there?" See...the BUMPS are gone, but you can still see little pink SPOTS where they used to be. So I called the surgeon's assistant who said, "Well your primary doctor released you, right?" NO! I NEVER THOUGHT TO GO BACK! How stupid am I??? I just said, "Hey, it's done. I'm fine. Let's do this!" and I called the surgeon and they never even asked if I'd been released, they just scheduled the surgery! So NOW there's a call in to my primary and maybe I'll get a yes, and maybe I'll get a no. It's just wait and see. I've scheduled time off work - over a week!

Honestly - I'm just in a tizzy here and I HATE WAITING!

Last edited by Lilion; 01-29-2018 at 11:22 AM.