Old 03-08-2014, 09:52 PM   #271  
FIGHTER

S/C/G: 296/TICKER/178

Height: 5'5''

Congrats BethC and MandyLamy !! Hopefully I'll be able to keep you company soon! The 240's thread is about to get a batch of new recruits!! Good luck!
CharityMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #272  
under construction

Height: 5'6

Eviebaby thanks so much for your kind words , your right were all human people make mistakes sometimes trying to lose weight brings out a negative obsessiveness in me

welcome to the thread and congrats on leaving the 270's behind !

in other news 259.8 today !
modifyeddoll87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #273  
FIGHTER

So I'm really really excited this weekend! A few months ago, at my 296, my dad offered to take me on a ride in his 1978 Corvette. I'd never been in it so I was thrilled! Got in it, and apparently in 1978 they did NOT think people would get that fat... I couldn't buckle the seatbelt.. I started crying.. my dad told me it was alright and to just hold it like it was buckled and we took off.. but it was NOT a fun trip and it should have been!

Well, he took it out of the garage today to take her on a spin since in Ohio winter you cant drive one around at all.. and I thought.. 42 pounds should be enough to click that damn seatbelt! I offered to go along for the ride and TA-DA !!!! Totally buckled that baby! I have emerged victorious, Corvette! I even had a tiny little bit of extra strap room, where before it was a few inches TOO SHORT! I know this might sound so dumb but I'm so excited I could pass out.

Secondly, I've been debating on whether or not I wanted to get a fitbit flex as a birthday present to myself (bday in april) and I mentioned it to a friend and he ordered it for me! Nobody has ever really bought me anything.. I always tell people not to so this was a total surprise. He told me I was a great motivator and if I thought having one would help me achieve my goals he was all for it. My supportive friends and this community is really helping me along and I'm really very happy to be where I am right now, and happy to see where I can get to!

Does anyone else use fitbit? How do you like it?
Old 03-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #274  
Nuttin to it but to do it

S/C/G: 270/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6''

CharityMarie What an amazing story! I have a fit bit one and I love it so far! :-)
KarinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #275  
Gizmo

CharityMarie, loved your corvette story. Every victory helps keep us going.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #276  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Charity That corvette story is awesome! I have a fit bit one and I really like it. My only complaint is that sometimes I'll forget to put it on in the morning, but if you are getting a flex you won't have that problem. My steps have been abysmal this week (I actually haven't worn mine for the last week because I've been sick and haven't left the bed much) but once you get yours you should add me! I think the more friends you have on there to kinda compete with steps, improves the experience. Here is the link to my profile. https://www.fitbit.com/user/2CKS8Z Anyone else, feel free to add me too. =)

Still hanging out in the 250's. Argh! 251.3 today. TOM is over but it would seem the water weight has not left. Oh well, I peeked in over at the 240's thread the other day and it seems pretty dead. We all need to get over there ASAP and liven things up!
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #277  
FIGHTER

I have been peeking in at the 240's thread and it does seem a little underwhelming. Maybe if a batch of us move on down it'll be much more lively!

I'll have to add you once it comes in the mail. I'm really excited, and its also waterproof so I should really never have to worry about taking it off, maybe that'll help
Old 03-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #278  

Hi guys,

My Fitbit profile id is 2DYF84. (It won't let me post the whole link right now)

:-)

Also, MandyLamy you inspired me to get to the gym today. Thanks!!
Old 03-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #279  
FIGHTER

I dont know how, but my scale all morning has been telling me 251. So, while it might not stick I am certainly going to be excited. Its amazing sometimes the numbers you never thought youd see facing back at you on the scale.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:35 PM   #280  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Finally had my TOM woosh after sticking at or above the same weight for almost 2 weeks!
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #281  
FIGHTER

Yea the 240's thread looks dead, I peek in on it once in a while. I wonder why that is.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #282  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Heya everyone.

256.3 this morning. I'm really getting frusterated with the scale the last couple of weeks. I'm so ready to move on! Busting my butt in the gym, hired a trainer! Pretty darn on plan food wise. Come ON already scale! I can only hope for a whoosh I guess.

I poked around in the 240's thread too, and it does seem pretty lack-luster. Hopefully a few of us can move on down around the same time, and keep each other company.

NSV though. The dress I wore to my BF's Christmas party is a bit too big for me now and had to be taken in! Woo woo! I'm looking forward to rocking it this weekend at my cousins wedding!

Have a great week everyone
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #283  
New New Yorker!

S/C/G: 265/See ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

What an amazing story CharityMarie!!! Those NSVs really do make this whole journey even more worth it!

Kailpea I am sure you'll be out of here in NO time (if you aren't out of here already)!

Yay for clothing NSVs Silverfire! I had one pair of these fashion sweatpants from Forever21 (they're like casual pants, can't explain them, they are cute, I promise lol!) and when I bought them, my thighs were about to burst out, but I tried them on a few days ago and they are just mildly bursting out now lol

I am at 255, thank heavens! I don't weigh daily, but I did want to jump on today and see if this whole theory or everything "clicking" is leading to results and I am happy to say it is. I decided I can't obsess over this number, I have to just keep doing what I know is right. But I'm not going to lie, I REALLY want to see 251 by the end of this month (that's my first 5% goal!). Tonight is W2D2 of my C25K program and then i am working on my booty with squats, deadlifts, sumo squats and kick-backs.

Onward and downward ladies!!!
SucreSucre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #284  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Yeahhhhh Mandy!!! Nice whoosh! You can hang out with us for as long as you want! Hopefully a few more of us will be able to join you soon before you're off to the 230's!!!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #285  

Today I had one of those days that my motivation felt like it was gone. But then I talked myself into going to the gym, telling myself I had permission to come on here and complain if I needed to after....
And instead I had a great day at the gym and feel totally in control again! All that happened because I knew I could come here and be honest at the end of the day. Thank you ladies for empowering me! :-)