Old 02-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #196  
FIGHTER

S/C/G: 296/TICKER/178

Height: 5'5''

Everytime I click this thread and read the title all over again the "with fun!" part always makes me smile then feel kinda sad, because these 260's have been less than fun for me!!! >.<

259 will be a total breath of fresh air, in all honesty.
CharityMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:14 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 270/256.0/170

Height: 5'5"

Cannot wait for 259, I'm with you gurl.
LilMissBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:30 AM   #198  
New New Yorker!

S/C/G: 265/See ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Ugh, so after seeing 263 on the scale on Sunday...I said ENOUGH!!! I threw away a bunch of crap that I had in my kitchen and had a good day of cleanse and I was back down to 258 this morning. I had a goal of 255.7 by the 20th for my Dietbet, but I don't think I am going to make that and I am so mad at myself I could just kick my own @$$ because I was SOOOOOOOOOOO close and I let one stupid holiday (that I don't even care about, BTW) get in the way!

GRRRRR...oh well, lesson learned, the next Dietbet round, I am going to hit goal and then some!

Also, signed up for pole dancing...so we'll see how that goes LOL

Happy Tuesday!

Last edited by SucreSucre; 02-18-2014 at 11:16 AM.
SucreSucre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #199  

NSV last night... at work I was really busy and let myself get waaay too hungry. I ate my dinner and my stomach was still growling (only because i hoovered my sandwich and it hadn't settled yet) and I started searching around for something else. I literally had a chocolate chip cookie up TO MY LIPS and stopped.... and threw it away. I told myself, "Not today. Later. After you hit goal, you can have an occasional cookie. Just not today." Then I got a customer, and by the time I finished with him, my sandwich had actually hit my stomach and I was full.

Win win win WIN!
Old 02-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #200  
FIGHTER

S/C/G: 296/TICKER/178

Height: 5'5''

Woohoo LilMissBee

SucreSucre, you got this. Good luck on pole dancing, I dont know that I could do that! I did tell a friend of mine once I get to the other side of 250 that I was going to sign up for Zumba classes, just to switch up my exercise a bit, so looking forward to that!
CharityMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #201  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Scale moved! 257! Woo!

Monday was Valentines day for the BF and I and we celebrated with food. So much food (and chocolate!)! I felt like I earned it a bit after the 22,000 step day on Saturday Phew was that tiring. Long weekends are wonderful, but sort of screw up my week. Yesterday should have been a gym day (but didn't go to work so didn't go to gym!) And today is job #2, so no gym. I think I might be going 3 days in a row to get it all in! I sure hope that all of my hard work in the gym is what is making the numbers stall on the scale. I KNOW I am building muscles, I can feel it. I can sometimes even see a little indent in my bicep sometimes. I just have to not focus on the numbers on the scale, and focus on the numbers at the gym. How many more lbs I can lift than before and how many more reps and set I can do! This week is carb reduction time! This should be interesting!

I am so ready for lunch time now!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

LilMissBee that is an awesome NSV! Keep it up

SucreSucre - ohhhh pole dancing!! Sounds like it would be fun (and terrifying!)

CharityMarie - Keep sticking with it, 259 will feel amazing!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #202  

Scale victory!!! Today I saw 262.2! C'mon c'mon c'mon!!! 261 point something plz plz plz!
Old 02-18-2014, 06:29 PM   #203  
New New Yorker!

Thanks Charitymarie! I am going to stick it out, can't just give up, I've done enough of that in the past! And yes, I will actually start the classes in April, so a few more weeks to work up the nerve LOL

SilverFire I'm nervous, but I've been wanting to do it for awhile and I keep saying, "when I lose XX amount of weight" but why wait until then? I've seen larger woman do it, why can't I?

I was naughty today with Hershey's Kisses...didn't kill the calories, but didn't help either. I calorie cycle (as much as possible) so tomorrow will have to be a low-cal day.

Headed to the gym!
Old 02-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 296/292/155

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharityMarie View Post
Everytime I click this thread and read the title all over again the "with fun!" part always makes me smile then feel kinda sad, because these 260's have been less than fun for me!!! >.<

259 will be a total breath of fresh air, in all honesty.
You're so close to breathing all that fresh air. Hang in there!
EvieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 296/292/155

Height: 5'4 1/2

I'm hanging in at this thread by a thread--have been fluctuating between 267 and 271 all month. I've been super busy between work (stressful, boring union stuff), my writing, and my family/personal life (lovely things, so I feel fortunate. . . . I'm pleased to say I haven't been doing any stress eating, but there have been lots of celebrations with food . . . .

Any tips on how to make yourself exercise when you just don't want to, plus already feel super pressed for time?
EvieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #206  

Ugh I have the same problem Evie... Food I have on lockdown. Excercise? Not so much.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:29 AM   #207  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Evie Exercise when you are busy or stressed is the hardest! I'm terrible at getting myself motivated to workout even when I'm not in a pinch for time. My only suggestion is to view it as a way to relax. I always feel much more content after a food workout. . . and a lot of times I feel even more pumped to tackle other things going on.

255.6 today. I've made a few changes this week. Starting to focus on cutting some of my carbs and trying to keep them below 100g. 89 carbs yesterday and I got 1550 calories (my goal is 1500). Also I am going to try not to eat after I get home from work. I usually get home around 9 pm and I always just want to snack. I have never really bought into the concept of you shouldn't eat after a certain time, because in my mind a calorie is a calorie, but I decided to give it a whirl. I felt decently hungry but didn't give in because I knew I would be in bed in an hour.

Went to do C25k yesterday and made it threw W2D1! I was really proud of my progress. I fully expected to do Week 1 over again. I've had over 10,000 steps for the last 4 days and I'm beat. It'll probably be a lower step day today. My goal right now for non exercise days is 6000.
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:05 PM   #208  
New New Yorker!

257.8 today, which is coolio! I think I may be able to make my 255.7 goal for my dietbet, I have until Saturday, anyway, I am going to keep pushing myself on this, i really want to make that goal!

Evie I actually hated exercising until i started doing it and now I love it! IDK what changed, but pushing myself in the gym is starting to become like a high for me. But the days I don't want to go, I bribe myself (NOT with food), like, "OK, I already said I was going to go the the gym 4X this week, this is the 4th time, if I do this, I can buy a shirt" or go see a movie or whatever it is.

I am finding that I have to do that less and less, but it works. Also, I WISH it was the other way around, that my eating was on point and I hated exercising

I have dinner with friends tonight at a Mexican restaurant and I set myself up for success in that I looked at the menu ahead of time, weighed my options (today is a lowcal day) and pre-picked my meal. I text a friend and told her if I try to order anything else, she has my permission to "embarrass" me in front of our other friends and remind me that I am going to get the salad. Is it a little extreme? Maybe, but I really need to make sure today is OP!

Have a good Wednesday!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #209  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

SucreSucre - I'm sure your going to rock it Make sure you come back and let us know how it goes!!!

Evie - I feel ya! Honestly, the hardest part about going to the gym, is going to the gym. Once there, everything is gravy! It's that initial "get going" that is so hard. I don't have any words of wisdom, other than, when you feel yourself starting to talk yourself out of it, tell yourself to shaddup!! and then just do it It doesn't always work for me mind you....

Kailpea You are kicking some serious @ss these days! Nice job on the carb cutting too, I am struggling with this right now! Big time!

259... F you 259. F you 250's in general! F!!!! So that's how I feel about that!

Yesterday was a job #2. I had planned on getting a salad from subway on my way to work, but the line was so long, I had to get a sandwich (so I could eat and drive) Totally blew my carbs out of the water (I remembered after that I should have got them to tear out most of the inside of the bread! derp!) Also had a few too many leftover spanakopita at the end of my shift too... oops! This morning I was pressed for time and grabbed a frozen heat and eat meal for lunch. I didn't notice that it's rice based and will totally ruin my carbs for the day. So instead, I ran home and had a pile of chicken breast, broccoli and cauliflower and some cheese. Plus I grabbed my gym bag that I had forgotten!

I just found out that I can get free fitbit zips through my work! I think I will get one and get my BF on board with the fitbitting Plus a whole slew of new fitbit friends to compete with! Plus 3 free sessions with a fitness coach (online or over the phone)
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #210  
New New Yorker!

Somebody brought in Dunkin' Doughnuts Munchkins and UGH...just ugh at myself. It's tough because I am not a binge eater, I don't binge, but what happens is in the moment, I know I need to say NO and I don't. I've really gotten better, I would say I can just be like "not going to do this" about 30% of the time, but I really would like to get that to 80% of the time over the next few months.

I'll be working on it!