Old 09-08-2014, 08:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 381/262/199

Height: 5'2"

Default Why?

Why do I keep doing this to myself? I was down to 244 at the beginning of summer and in just over 8 weeks I'm up to 294! I'm so disappointed and disgusted with myself.

I did have surgery but I can' use that as an excuse for that bad of going off track. I know I need to just do It but I'm having a hard time getting going again.

I lost over 130 on low carb high fat last time. So, that's the direction I'm heading again.

Anyone want a buddy?
RoxieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #2  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I was down to 238 two years ago and this summer found myself at 288 (my heaviest ever). My weight just kept going up and I said 'ENOUGH'! Sounds like you are doing the same.

I relate to your disappointment in yourself. I've lost 20lbs so far this time and I cant stop thinking about how, if I hadn't put back on weight, I would be 218 and that much closer to onederland. It burns me sometimes.

The rest of the time, I tell myself that I did a good thing by deciding that enough was enough and taking action. So, good for you. You did it before and you can do it again.

Last edited by twish; 09-08-2014 at 08:57 PM.
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Can I join the club? I was 260.8 (nude ) and climbed up to nearly 272 in about a week! I am losing again, but isn't it funny how weight that can be so hard to lose, is so easy to be found?
You know what? We're human, we're normal, it happens, now let's lick our wounds and keep going. What I've learned is, it is ok to vent, cry, complain etc. in fact I think it is healthy to let it out, but DON'T feel sorry for yourself, because that has never lost a single pound. If anything, it puts on pounds because then you begin feeling helpless & hopeless and in need of a lift, oooh something salty, fatty, sugary perhaps? You're worth more than a pint of Haagen Daz, a cheesy pizza, etc. don't punish yourself further, keep going! <3

Failure isn't falling down, it's never getting up, you will make it! Don't beat yourself up, I am seriously questioning the science of what makes a pound. What I mean is, how come if I eat 2500 calories in a day, my scale goes up 2-3 lbs.? I thought a pound was 3500 calories? I know we can talk about water retention, etc. but there seems to be more going on. I notice if I go over my calories eating processed food vs. fresh fruit then I am way more likely to gain, I thought a calorie was a calorie? Apparently not! lol

Just venting, but yeah we're going to make it, just let your good days outnumber your bad. Try to figure out why/how the weight was gained.
In my case, I get ramen noodles & nutritional bars delivered to my home from Amazon and I was on a carb binge pretty much the week or so that the food was here, even when I kept to my calories I don't think the processed carbs and excess sodium agreed with my system. It can be addictive.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'd be willing to bet there are very few people on here who haven't lost a significant amount only to gain it back.

I lost 70 lbs in 2010/2011, then gained 80. Since April, I've lost 45 again.

You know what they say: Fall down 8 times, get up 9.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #5  
Fos

S/C/G: 280/199/150

Height: 5'7

A few years ago I lost 100lbs to 216, the holidays came, and a year later I was 295. I started up again, got to 237, the holidays came, and now I'm 280. I mess up with a dumb excuse for a week, and then I get back in that, "Well, I already ate all this junk this week, so I'll just start next week. Next week. Next month." Then a new excuse comes, and months later I hate myself.

Like Twish said, this time around I'm just trying to constantly remind myself about that disappointment and remember where I would be if I hadn't given in, if I had messed up and then got right back into it--at goal! So it's no longer next week or tomorrow, it's today, every day. I break down and eat a big ol' bowl of pasta, I take my guilt and anger out on my stationary bike.

It's normal for us to screw up sometimes, a lot of us have been there and several times over. The important thing is fixing that by getting back on track. We can do this!
Fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:56 PM   #6  

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is fighting this battle. I'm going to work on it one day at a time.

I often too think if I had kept going I would be closer to Onederland but I'm going to try putting those thoughts out of my mind and move forward.

I stepped on the scale and I'm at 293..ugh. Does anyone want to be email buddies on this journey? Sorry it took me so long to reply to this thread again my comp is on the fritz. Thank goodness for cell phones

Hope everyone has a great night/day
RoxieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:11 AM   #7  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I'll be your email weight loss buddy
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:54 PM   #8  

Terra1984 - I sent you a message