Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #181  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincorn View Post
Oh PreciousMissy, you sound just like me! My weight bounced up and down a pound or two for about 5 weeks before they FINALLY started going down again! Don't give up, even though I know it's frustrating...you'll break through.

Sorry about your cold Purplekitten...that always makes me WANT to eat more for some reason...like it will make me feel better I guess. I don't know if there is a product called cold-eze in UK or not but if I take it as soon as the cold hits it cuts the symptoms and time sick by a lot. Take care!
Thanks for the words of encouragement cincorn! They're appreciated more than you know!

Also, I agree about cold-eze. A pharmacist once told me that taking zinc within the first few days of a cold will help shorten it.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #182  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Woke up to a delightful 229.8 on the scale this morning!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #183  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Quick update to say my weigh-in was 237.0 today.

cincorn: Thanks! And, of course...I'm hoping we can all have a mass exodus out of this thread together! Haha.

purplekitten: Feel better soon!

SuperHeroTeacher: Glad you enjoyed your weekend away, and congrats on the wonderful weigh-in to celebrate your return!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #184  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHeroTeacher View Post
Woke up to a delightful 229.8 on the scale this morning!!!
I can only imagine the feeling!! Good Job!!

I had the most wonderful weekend WITHOUT ANY exercise except for a 2.5 mile hike in the Smoky mountains on Saturday
I thought I'd slump but I woke up to a 232 this morning
Hoping this month ends with me out of the 230s and into the 220s !!
*fingers crossed & looking forward to kicking it in the gym tonight*
Old 05-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #185  
under construction

Height: 5'6

im firmly in the 30's now .... i cant wait to be in the 20's !! ... will try to post my weigh ins here evrey so often to help keep me accountable!!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #186  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

S/C/G: 248/tracker/158

Height: 5'7"

to the thread Modify, and good morning to all you lovely ladies!

I've got a busy day today but wanted to drop by and post my weight this morning. I'm at 230.4.

I'll be running errands all day, including a visit to a friend in the hospital. It will be a rush to get back to get grandkids off the school bus.

Tomorrow I have cardiac testing, then have to make beans for a "party" at my daughter's house for 2 kids "graduating" from pre-k, and then attend the party.

Friday, is the last day of school and early release and I'll be getting 5 grandsons, ages 13, 9, 6, 5, and another 5 yr old to take to the movie theater to see Epic.

Saturday- going out of town to see oldest 2 grandsons play in baseball tournaments.

Sunday-get everything ready and....

Monday - VEGAS BABY!

Last edited by cincorn; 05-29-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #187  
Started IP 10/21/15

Oh my goodness cincorn...I'm exhausted reading about your week *whew*. I hope your testing goes well tomorrow! Where are you staying in Vegas? I was there over Thanksgiving last year and had a blast! I'm hoping to go over Christmas this year. My BF and I alternate families during the holidays, and spending holidays with just each other. Oh, and great job on the weigh in, go you!

I don't get it, but I'll take it. 220 this morning!!!

The scale finally moved past 222! Plus, this is also means my first 20lb are gone, and I'm only 1lb away from the 2-teens!

The only things that have changed in the last 24 hours is that 90% of my stress is gone (the last two weeks were rough!), and I finally got a really good nights sleep last night. I've heard both of those things can affect the scale...who knows, it might really be true.

Last edited by PreciousMissy; 05-29-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #188  
under construction

wow congrats cincorn ! your almost in the 220's!!

busy week indeed , have fun in vegas ... btw grandchildren? i wouldent have guessed it you look to be in your 30's!

pressious missy 220 ??? ughh i cant wait to be there .... well i hope the woosh fairy visits you and you can move on into the 2 teens thread !
Old 05-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #189  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

This is truly the Revolving Door Thread!

Thought about your Vegas trip while stepping on the scales this morn' Cincorn. "Gimme a 2! Gimme a 2! Baby needs a new pair of shoes!" Best of Luck with the drs. Ugh...I know I need to make an appt myself.....feeling too tired and lethargic all the time....vitamins and iron help a bit, but not enough.....

Way to go on the wt loss everyone! And to getting into this thread! And moving on...sniff...sniff...

1lb down this morning....feeling heavy tonight for some reason....wish I could poop....

Weight Loss Fact of the Day: Big Changes are required to create Big Weight Loss......hear that, SeeMyFeet?!?!?!?
Old 05-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #190  
under construction

ugh i had an emotional break down i ate an entire box of cereal tonight im praying i dont have to pack it up and go back to the 240's in the AM will report back tom. omg whyyyyyy
Old 05-30-2013, 03:00 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 245/225/125

Height: 5'2"

Ugh, I put on 6lbs in the last two weeks. I was so proud when I saw 219 on the scale and I'm so mad at myself that I've let my weight creep back up to 225.

I've been dealing with some serious, ongoing stress and anxiety issues. I'm an emotional eater so the impulse to soothe or distract myself with food is always there. On Wednesday I snapped and decided I'd had enough of this horrible yo-yo-ing. I went online and ordered a VLCD kit and started on the plan today. I'm replacing breakfast and lunch with an Optislim shake and eating some lean protein and salad greens for dinner. I'm going to do it for a week, possibly two and then go back to a normal healthy diet. So I'm not really doing the VLCD "full time", but rather "part-time" to try and reset my palate and appetite.

I feel like if I can give myself a good kick start to my weight loss by doing this for a few weeks, I can take the panic I feel out of having to make the "correct choice" at every meal. That's really the thing that trips me up the most - the all or nothing thinking - and it only happens for the first few weeks of losing weight.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #192  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Sounds like a great plan SelinaKyle! Even with your recent gain, you're almost out of this thread! Next time you reach into the cupboard off-plan, come here to vent.

I'm down 1lb again. Still struggling to reach my ticker wt. I've been losing this same 5lb over and over and over again. When I see the 20s again.....boy!......will that be One! Happy! Day!

Planned out meals today. Brought (grocery store) sushi for lunch. Those ricey carbs are not the best for me, but I can stretch out the calories as lunch/couple of snacks. Not so heavy that way.

I WILL have a good day.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #193  
Started IP 10/21/15

Seemyfeet, WE will have a good day! I'm with you! On point all day! No deviation! We got this!

modifyeddoll87, thanks for the fairy wishes, but she doesn't know where I live or what I look like. She's only been by once before, but I'll set out a plate of carrots and celery for her just in case . And IMO I don't think you should move out of this thread because of a temporary scale fluctuation...that's a lot of packing and moving for nothing.

Selina Kyle, way to go! You saw an issue and took action before gaining back even more weight!

Well, I'm back to my old self it seems! I woke up this morning feeling like I could conquer the world! I was in a depressed little funk, and although I recognized it, I didn't realize how much it was weighing me down the last couple of weeks.

220 today! My bags are packed and sitting by the door, but I doubt I'll see much movement for a while.

Here's a random thought. When we reach a new lower weight we're thrilled to be there, but then after a week or so with no movement the thrill is gone. Why is a particular weight our new bestest buddy, but then we grow to loath it?
Old 05-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #194  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
Here's a random thought. When we reach a new lower weight we're thrilled to be there, but then after a week or so with no movement the thrill is gone. Why is a particular weight our new bestest buddy, but then we grow to loath it?
hehehe because we only want to go lower and lower and some more..

I loved hitting 232 earlier this week and I am STILL at 232 and I don't like it anymore... :P

Last edited by nitrus29; 05-30-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #195  
Started IP 10/21/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrus29 View Post
I loved hitting 232 earlier this week
WHOO-HOO, 232!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrus29 View Post
I am STILL at 232 and I don't like it anymore... :P
Awww, crap, 232.