Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #166  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

S/C/G: 248/tracker/158

Height: 5'7"

Yes, I've been in the stalled out, yo-yo, scales moving in the wrong direction mode for a solid month! FINALLY, FINALLY, the scales decided to move downward again. I was getting very discouraged...this morning 231.4. I haven't been able to work out..I'm going to wait until I'm done with all my cardiac testing. 220's here I come!

I hope you wonderful ladies have a great day.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #167  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!

222 this morning! I cut back on the sodium yesterday and seriously flushed my system out. Looks like it worked!

Have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Woot PreciousMissy, can't wait to see you in the next thread!!

Keep it up peeps, I think a few people will be chasing after Elvis into the next thread soon, and I get lonely easily.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/170

Height: 5'10

Just stopping by to say hi! Currently weighing in at 237.5, so I'm moving down from the 240's thread.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #170  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

I've stalled again. It's my own fault, really. Have been so hungry recently and have eaten close to maintenance calories some days, and I have also not been drinking nearly enough water. Loosening up now, summer is here! That's a good thing as the heat really takes down my appetite a few notches, and it makes me thirsty for water.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #171  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday everyone! I have not checked in for about 2.5 weeks. I was hospitalized and have been going through some crazy health issues (allergic reactions, nausea and then had a colonscopy)- not fun, but I'm feeling better! I was 231 right before the procedure due to all the cleansing and very little cals I was eating. I'm now at 235 which is 10 pounds gone- and I'm ready to continue losing!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #172  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Hey everyone...after a tough time plateauing in the 240s, I am finally down into the 230s! I hit 239 a couple days ago and weighed in at 238.2 today.

The last time I was losing a lot of weight, the 230s were a tough decade for me, but I'm hoping my body will make it up to me after making me stall so much in the 240s instead, and let me move through this decade quickly. I wish this was a single decade thread that I could burn through, but I'm still looking forward to moving through the 30s and then down and out of the 220s, as well. The lightest I was able to get when I first came to 3FC was 224 back in 2011, but then I ended up going off track due to life and circumstances and gained it all back and then some. So, more than any other thread, I am looking forward to moving out of this one! Glad to be finally be here again to give it my best this time around!
Old 05-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #173  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Default Feeling Fat Friendless Failure

I know feelings come and go...but I'm not shaking this off well....so I thought I would post a whine, in hopes of receiving comments that might help me feel more supported (the support=success equation). I don't like whining, and am not sure where to go with this, so I thought I would come here because we're all the same weight.

Why the bad feelings? Stress at work--mean people, bullies, lazy people. Teenage DS stress. A FIVE MONTH "plateau". My own insecurities.

At this second, i'm re-bothered by something I learned a few weeks ago and thought I had gotten over. Part of my "new birthday" resolutions was to improve my social life. I formed a lunch group with two other working moms! We were introduced to each other through kids' activities. Professional, intelligent women. Enjoying the company of one another. It takes a bit of doing to get together as we do not work close together, and we've only met 3,4 times. Still, I was feeling a bit proud that I could arrange this....Until I learned that they were having lunches without me...I know...free country and all...but even now I feel socked in the gut about it. There were signs...bits of conversation where I was obviously excluded (complimenting appearance/clothing, their vegetarianism, etc--what? is it too far-fetched to think I might be a vegetarian?). Mind you, these are Nice Ladies. I feel like I failed in my attempts to make friends, and, frankly, I feel betrayed. And I know I shouldn't feel that way...high school was a LONG time ago. (So why am I crying now?)

Honestly, fitting-in and feeling more confident was a big reason to start this journey, but I've barely moved away from the station. I knew that the first half of this year would be stressful, but I thought I could pull off some weight loss during this time. Not having success in this area is really pulling me down. I enjoy reading the success stories here...I'm not a jealous person, and the stories give me hope...but, even here, I get that "not fitting in" feeling.

I have not given up my healthy routines. I know I need to add on some more--like more exercises. I just need to find a way to beat this stress, and give myself a major butt-kick.

Today is Sunday...a good starting-over day for me. I will spend the rest of the day selfishly thinking about myself and how I can keep up with you guys. I do hope this is my last whine.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #174  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

Seemyfeet: I'm sorry you were treated poorly by those ladies! They aren't really worth your tears, and man you've already accomplished a lot by losing 24 lbs. Don't let them get to you but don't stop being friendly and open either. Maybe you just need to meet some people who have more in common with you. If they want to be exclusive instead of inclusive--their loss. Most of us here have emotional issues we don't deal with well---that's why we are overweight/obese, from eating our feelings, hurts and disappointments. You are welcome here! We are all in the same boat! Here's a hug just for you! I finally am at a place where I'm not going to let toxic people (including my own daughter---you have no idea how painful this journey has been) rule my life, my emotions and my mental state. I'm going to enjoy the people who want to be in my life. Find people who enjoy being with you and don't worry about those that don't!

Opheliaphoenix: Wow! You've lost a lot of weight already! Congratulations and welcome! I'm sure most of us want to be here a while for support and move on quickly!!! Here's to that happening for all of us!

akelly728: I hope you are feeling better soon!

I had a fantastic memorial day, camping with husband, some friends of ours, our youngest daughter and 3 grandkids too. I had no problem staying on track as far as food went but I had a total of 7 low carb beers that I may pay for tomorrow when I get on the scales!!! But the oldest daughter, the one who has borderline personality disorder, texted her daddy and tried to stir up trouble between us again. If you haven't read my posts before I won't go into details, but this daughter has been a source of constant stress, disappointment, sadness, and heartbreak for us. It had me tied up in knots for awhile but I did some meditation and some positive talk and finally got back to a good emotional state for the rest of the weekend.

Also, to terichell the others who have joined this thread on their way down the scales!!! Group hug!

Last edited by cincorn; 05-26-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #175  

Thanks for the kind words and hugs Cincorn. I let that situation, and others, get to me too much. Seems like every time I make the extra effort, stick my neck out, I just get it chopped off. But I'm not retreating back into my shell, and neither should any of you other kind, non-judgemental people. Let's show the world how to BE!

Sorry to hear about the difficulties with your daughter. When I was a young girl, I remember how a neighbor sighed when she said "No one can break your heart like your own child." That seemed unimaginably strange, but of course I get it now. Your daughter needs you, whether she realizes it or not. I know you won't give up.

I've spent the morning on self-reflection and goal setting (and reading 3fc!). Putting my big girl panties on, rolling up my sleeves, and preparing to spend the day pummeling my fat cells, getting organized, figuring out ways to be more efficient, grateful, and happy. Today I will use a carnival strongman mallet to SMASH that RE-SET button. Ding!

I WILL do this!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #176  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Happy to be back home to my scale after a great weekend away! Feared that I may have kicked myself out of Ketosis yesterday, but my weight this afternoon is the same that it was Friday morning, so I think I'm still burning fat (despite the 3 vodka tonics I enjoyed last night ).
Old 05-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #177  
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

Hello everyone,

I've had a week or so AFK because I actually gained a social life - I've been trying to catch up with friends and do different things which is great except I totally avoided the gym and I feel pretty bad about that I kept relatively on track with my food and have dropped 2lbs so I'm obviously still on the right path but I might need to try harder to balance social life/gym!

I woke up this morning with a stonking cold so I think the gym is off for tonight too Home, a bowl of soup and an early night for me I think!

In general, I am feeling happier than I have been for a while although I still have down days.

Hope everyone is having a happy Tuesday x
Old 05-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #178  

ok I actually had to look up "AFK"!!! haha I haven't had enough coffee yet!

Sorry for your "stonking" cold Ms. Purplekitten7. Any good excuse to enjoy the pillow and blankies! I could use some more sleep myself. Feel better!

Scale jumped up a bit today. Did my squats. Must. Do. More. Exercises.

just checking in....trying to get on a better track.....

....ok ladies.....I have GOT to get out of this thread...I have GOT to see some lower numbers on that scale....
Old 05-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #179  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! Boy did I miss a lot while I was AFK .

224 this morning . I know I didn't overeat, and I know I didn't have sodium heavy meals. The only other thing I can think of is TOM, but it's rare I gain water weight during (at least lately) I have no clue what's going on. I've been bouncing between 222 and 224 for almost 2 months.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #180  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

Oh PreciousMissy, you sound just like me! My weight bounced up and down a pound or two for about 5 weeks before they FINALLY started going down again! Don't give up, even though I know it's frustrating...you'll break through.

I have been doing atkins now for 9 weeks and 10-15 years ago that would have meant at LEAST a 30 lb. loss....now however it's 16...I'm not complaining, just stating that post-menopause and a lifetime of yo-yo dieting have taken their toll! It's just going to take longer...I've got nothing but time!

Sorry about your cold Purplekitten...that always makes me WANT to eat more for some reason...like it will make me feel better I guess. I don't know if there is a product called cold-eze in UK or not but if I take it as soon as the cold hits it cuts the symptoms and time sick by a lot. Take care!

Last edited by cincorn; 05-28-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Closed Thread