3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What is your NSV this week? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/269244-what-your-nsv-week.html)

Kat117 03-11-2013 10:34 AM

I bought clothes in a regular store!!!!!!!!!

I went to Old Navy and got a few of those tank dresses to wear with sweaters, figuring they will see me through at least a good 40 pounds and I fit into the extra large. Yup that's right... a normal xl. I couldn't believe it!

Keep Moving Forward 03-11-2013 11:14 AM

I can comfortably wear a pair of skinny jeans that I haven't been able to wear in over a year. And my butt looks nice in them because of all my working out!

allieballiebee 03-11-2013 02:37 PM

I weigh seven pounds LESS than what my drivers license says -- for the first time in probably 13 years! Sort of scale-related, but really more of a pleasant realization. :)

mnemosyne 03-11-2013 02:50 PM

I've had a pair of knee-high black leather boots in a box under the bed in my spare bedroom for years. They are large-calf but were never large-calf enough for my calves. Not after my first 40 lbs off, not after the next 30 lbs. And so on. The last time I tried them on was January, and once more: they would not zip up. TMI: my calves have a ring of fat at the top that the boots just could not accommodate.

Friday night, procrastinating (I needed to work out), I decided to let myself try them on again.

They zipped right up.

traci in training 03-12-2013 04:18 PM

Put my "want to wear these to Florida" short term goal pants on this morning and they fit! I know the last time they fit I was 200 or less so this running thing has some serious impact that isn't always visible on the scale. Size fourteen, baby! Headed to the store room to dig out my favorite denim skirt. New goal: get into this skirt for our anniversary date in June. I think it's a ten. :)

Patrizia 03-12-2013 07:43 PM

Reading these is so motivating! This week I got into my size 18 jeans (I bought them a size too small at Christmas when they were on sale, hoping to grow into them) - can't remember the last time I was in a size that didn't start with 2-. I also managed NOT to eat everything in the house earlier today when I found out I got rejected by my top choice grad school program - my first instinct was to eat everything in sight, but instead I put together a big salad and went back to my day without killing my progress!

Kat117 03-13-2013 09:57 AM

saw a business associate for lunch that I haven't seen since October. She didn't recognize me at the restaurant! Walked right up to her and could see the look of confusion on her face for a good minute or so.

That reinforced that yes, I am looking different now.

rodeogirl 03-13-2013 10:52 AM

My NSV is feeling so much more alive and practically running down the stairs this morning instead of hobbling like an elephant.

Radiojane 03-13-2013 12:25 PM

There are 20 things left in my closet. 4 of which are too small, 3 that are from my biggest to use as comparison, and 3 are dresses I want to hold on to. So that leaves me with ten wearable things. Only two of which are pants. I have two giant bags for goodwill, and another bag of my best stuff for a friend.

I also hucked about 20 pairs of panties. No turning back now!

allieballiebee 03-13-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiojane (Post 4666552)
There are 20 things left in my closet. 4 of which are too small, 3 that are from my biggest to use as comparison, and 3 are dresses I want to hold on to. So that leaves me with ten wearable things. Only two of which are pants. I have two giant bags for goodwill, and another bag of my best stuff for a friend.

I also hucked about 20 pairs of panties. No turning back now!

I just dropped off two bags of clothes to Goodwill yesterday! Isn't it an amazing feeling? Of course, like you, I'm now left with practically nothing to wear.

elvislover324 03-13-2013 01:18 PM

Wearing all clothes in a size XL today; skirt, sweater, tank top and tights. No plus size, no extended sizes. "Plain" XL. So happy I could cry.

rodeogirl 03-13-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvislover324 (Post 4666634)
Wearing all clothes in a size XL today; skirt, sweater, tank top and tights. No plus size, no extended sizes. "Plain" XL. So happy I could cry.

So happy for you Elvislover!

elvislover324 03-13-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodeogirl (Post 4666642)
So happy for you Elvislover!

Thank you!! I couldn't do this without every single one of you. I thank my lucky stars every day that I found you all. :hug:

KerriLeah 03-13-2013 01:28 PM

I'm feeling low! I've been working and working on dieting and walking and no scale changes. ARghhh! So, I'm finding an NSV anyway... I walked over a mile last night, at 2.5MPH uphill on my treadmill! I was huffing, but made it and felt it deep in my thighs. Ready to see some numbers move, though. Come on!

rodeogirl 03-13-2013 01:46 PM

Hang in there Kerri! Adding exercise often makes our muscles hold on to water. Drink lots more water and I bet you'll get a whoosh here pretty quick.