Old 09-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #31  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2times2much View Post
I got a pair of pants in the next size down. I fit, but not comfortably! Hope to wear those by next month too! Big ol' muffin top is not very pretty!
lol, I absolutely DESPISE muffin top, that's why I refuse to even try on my smaller jeans until another 5 weeks. I tried them on about a week ago and it was NOT pretty LOL! I will also be keeping my largest pair of pants as a reminder of where I came from and where I should never go again.
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 270/219/140

Height: 5'5

lol 2time- it's going to be a GREAT bonfire and a huge celebration.
haha i'm actually going to throw a party for my closest girlfriends as a "Throwing out Melissa's fat clothes" party as soon as i reach goal and after i buy a whole new wardrobe. A couple of bottles of bubbly and cheesy nostalgic 90's music included. lol Yep, my friends are awesome like that lol.

awe, yeah i understand completely ! I may be in the next size down but they don't fit as comfortable as i'd like them too either. It will come and then it'l get to the point where their going to be too loose lol.

I seriously can't wait to burn my bra's and those one pair of jeans lol I will then be finally free !
MizMelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Counting down the few days of work left for me. My job is coming to an end Sept. 28. I'm a bit worried that I will find too much time to eat! Now I have a schedule of going to Subway for a salad every day. That won't be an every day habit anymore! Guess I will have to "schedule" stuff to do to keep busy while I look for work. I hate yard work, but we have a lot of it to do!!!

Are there any good foods that you gals really like that are low in calories? I really like fresh fruit. I'm not a big vegetable lover, but tend to eat grean beans more than any other.
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #34  

Oh the foods i love to eat !
Raw Green beans, Baby carrots, squash, Cooked or Raw in a salad Zucchini, Raw Grape or cherry Tomatos, lettuce wraps(Yum Yum, no tortilia's, just use regular wrap stuff and use a big lettuce leaf as the "wrap"). I'm a big fan of Dragon fruit, Canary Melon's and apples. I had a love for sweet potato's(not for like an everyday thing though lol), and i just LOVE asparagus with butter and a bit of pepper and broccoli and broccoflower (sooooo yummy !).
Old 09-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #35  

Oh, I'm also excited to report that i only have 90 lbs left to go !!
Seems like a lot, but when i break it down, it doesn't seem like that much at all ! only 40 lbs to go until i reach only have 50 lbs left to lose.

Such small numbers when broken down, especially when i'm only 5 months in.
I'm planning to limit my sugar intake even more now and in two weeks (when it's grocery week) i plan on going full out Paleo, which as far as i've read (and I've done a LOT of reading this weekend while i was sick with a chest cold) is quite beneficial for weight loss since it restricts processed food and refined sugar and also grain and dairy. Doesn't seem like it leaves you with much else, but the more i read and research, the more i see that's there's still a vast variety of food i can consume, without having to really count calories. I do plan on taking a Multi Vitamin, just as an added back up
Old 09-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #36  

Congratulations MM! That IS awesome! Please do keep us informed about how the new plan is going. Sounds like you have got a love for healthy foods! I have a love for ice cream! . I'm getting in way more fruits and veggies than ever before though! I too take a multi-vitamin, extra B vitamin, and fish oil too. I have no idea if it is helpful but I guess it's not hurting anything.

The woman's magazines make me crazy! If we took all of the advice in just 1 magazine we would all be 600 pounds! Just eat 1 cup of something to fix A, and 1 cup of something else to prevent B, and 2 handfuls of another to help with C... THEN they give those yummy recipes for stuff that they tell you to avoid at all cost! Don't forget to take supplement X, and always check with your doctor...!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #37  

Bahahaha, I know those well ! Those are the reasons i stopped reading women's magazines that claim to know the secret to "losing 7 lbs in 7 days", or some crap like that. Just because they want to sell a magazine. But unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that believe it and then get all mad when it doesn't help.

I'm pretty excited about easing into Paleo, it should be really good. I'm aiming to lose about 30-35 lbs or so by christmas, and then that will only leave me to lose another 10-15 lbs by February, which is completely doable, and then the last 40 lbs. But once i go full out paleo I really have to make sure I stay on track.

I'm a big fan of ice cream too lol. I don't take too many supplements except for the multi vitamin. I could probably use some extra Omega 3's and 6's. lol
I never had much of a love for veggies before, but once i started adding in much more then i normally was, i started to feel a bit better. It's one of the reasons why i want to go paleo, it cuts out all the refined sugar, dairy, grain and processed crap, so i'm sure that i'm going to feel even better after a while.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

At the mention of Paleo...I'll be eating clean come Monday. Excited! Good luck!
Laurlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #39  

Awesome Laurlie ! I have to ease myself into Paleo since i don't have much things to cook with, I can roast with Olive oil, but I have nothing else at the moment except for butter and margarine, So i'm waiting until next grocery day to pick up some coconut oil to cook with. Plus i want to pick up an array of squash and tons of fresh foods so i have lots of variety to cook with.
I get bored easily food wise, so i'll be making sure to have lots and lots of paleo recipes on hand.

Good luck
Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #40  

I did a little research on Paleo...it seems that I would be giving up cheese...I really like cheese! Other than that, I could do it. I think the concept is very strong for weight loss. It's my willpower that is weak! My "plan" consists of severely restricting bread, pasta and fried food. This past weekend was not a good example of normal for me. Buffet full of yummy--celebrating our wedding anniversary! I'll never meet goal if there are too many weekends like that!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #41  

Ahaha, sounds like an awesome weekend ! we've had a few of those weekends this summer too.
In about a week and half (the weekend after next) I plan on spending the whole weekend cooking big batches of food (paleo dishes) so i can freeze a lot of it, so for the days where i don't want to really cook, I can just unfreeze and voila instant dinner lol We have a lot of pumpkins too, so i have to find quite a few recipes where i can use it, and even if i can't use all of them, I can still freeze the rest for the future. I plan on baking a couple of Paleo desserts too so i can freeze them and so that once in a while, i can "have my cake and eat it too" lol, so to speak.

This week is going to be slightly crazy, were getting into fall cleaning and it's kinda like, where do i start ? lol Though I think I might start in the kitchen, slightly easier. Go through my cupboards and throw stuff out etc.. I know i'll feel a lot better once the house is completely gone through with a fine tooth comb lol.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #42  

My job is ending at the end of this month. At that time, I have lots of plans for cleaning, sorting and pitching too! So many plans of things I can/should do. I should probably make a list so I can remind myself!! I know how easy it is to put things off, and think that there is plenty of time...

It's been a very stressful few days for me. Family confrontations gone haywire! I hate, hate, hate it! I'm feeling icky, hot, sick to my stomach, angry, sad... too much. Where is my bowl of Mac & Cheese--my comfort food that I would drown my heartache into? That apple this morning isn't doing the trick.

Better days are coming, I know.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #43  

Ha, I hear ya about the list thing, it seems like i barely get anything done if i don't have a list made up. Awe, that's too bad, I'm sorry to hear that 2time.

I completely understand the comfort food thing right now, I'm kinda man hating right now, long story. So yeah, Mac and cheese sounds amazing at the moment lol though my go-to comfort food was huge(like really massive) home made calzones, filled with home made sauce, ham, cheese, mushrooms and some veggies. Could really go for one right now, but of course i wont because that's not going to do anything for my health lol.

Not much of an update this week, down a pound, which is great, but it's been 2 weeks and in those two weeks i've only lost 2 lbs. I'm so excited for grocery day to come this week, So i can stock up on fresh Paleo foods and then of course this weekend coming i'm going to be cooking in bulk, about roughly 6-7 recipes AND i'v got 4 gorgeous pumpkins sitting on my kitchen table at the moment lol (not to mention another 4 and one little tiny one still in the garden)
Old 09-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #44  

I'm feeling better. Good weekend of camping with friends. Noe quite enough sleep, so took a little snooze this afternoon.

MM, you sound very ambitious! The calzones sound heavenly!

I didn't eat the Mac & cheese, but I did get into some sweets...
Old 09-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #45  

Awe, well i'm glad your feeling better ! Lucky to go camping, kinda jealous lol, i used to love camping.

haha I am ! Sometimes , well, most times during the week i hate to cook, and i've gotten so bored with cooking because my 3 and 1/2 year old is so `sf%$#%$ picky !!!!!! He will rarely try anything new, but since he is now 3 1/2, he's less picky then he was 6 months ago (8 months ago he wouldn't touch chicken, and how he eats it), so i'm hoping he'll at least try these new dishes i'm going to make. Example, I'm going to be making a big pot of Brazilian Curry Chicken, Ropa Vieja with Cuban style "rice"(rice which is actually cauliflower), some Balsamic Winter throw together bake, Jambalaya... etc and the best part is that their all Paleo meals lol

lol I had some cheesecake at mum's today, but i had to warn her that when i get groceries on thursday, friday will be the very first day of full out Paleo, so if i happen to go over for dinner, she'l have to be a bit careful to make something that i can actually eat, or let me know what she plans on having and i'll bring something specifically for myself.

She had the nerve today to ask me if "i thought this was healthy", um, yeah ? Obviously or else i wouldn't do it. It makes me really mad because, even though i've lost 41 lbs so far and i've chosen a much healthier diet/lifestyle then her's, she'll constantly put it down to the point where i can barely talk to her about it. It's all, "you need milk, and you need grain and you need this and that and blah blah blah and it just makes me want to scream !!!!!!... k , end rant/ lol
It's been a bit of an emotional roller coaster this weekend and i even found myself thinking about binging, but then not doing it, so luckily i'm not getting overpowered by my desire to eat my emotions.
Oh, and Wish me luck ! I'm inviting a certain someone to dinner friday evening(since mum is sitting for me all weekend, yay !) and i swear he better say yes or else i might just have a go and cry. lol