Old 09-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 270/219/140

Height: 5'5

You know, I think if you wanted to create your own version of the Paleo with the exceptions like Tofu and soy milk,that you should absolutely go ahead and try Cutting out grain has been a bit hard, especially when i was so used to having bread every morning with breakfast, but i know it's all for the best lol

So today i'm making Brazilian Curry Chicken and Ropa Vieja with cuban styled "rice", unfortunately i don't have enough chicken for anything else lol.
Also, I think a nap is in order today lol
MizMelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #62  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Hmm good idea, I might. By the way, Love the new pro pic anywho gotta run, driving practice time test in 2 days YIKES.

Just poppin in to say haaaiiiiii

Last edited by SMSDREAMER2007; 09-22-2012 at 11:33 AM.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #63  

It doesn't hurt to try Awe thanks ! I took that the night before last.
Day 2 of Paleo has gone even better then yesterday, I didn't get a chance to make the dishes i planed on, My nap lasted much longer then i expected lol.
But i did make Pan seared salmon with sauted veggies with some Paleo friendly Hollandaise sauce (made with coconut oil and not butter), Seriously the best thing i ever ate lol.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #64  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

I saw that on your blog and it looked super yummy. Another problem I have is that I don't like coconut...I know I keep coming up with excuses UGH. Have you ever heard of anything else being used instead of coconut oil?? I really am interested I just am not sure how it would fit into my life specially with my pcos.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #65  

Any kind of animal fat, like Bacon fat, Olive oil, some butter is ok, but i prefer coconut oil. The coconut oil i use (spectrum) doesn't even smell like coconuts, and you can't even taste it in the Hollandaise sauce, or in the veggies/fish.

Some brands will smell and taste like it, and others wont. I don't know why though lol The only recipe I have (so far) that you can really taste the coconut in, is the pumpkin soup because of the use of coconut milk.

But you definitely should google, like Marks Daily Apple, he uses butter in his recipes, but it's still Paleo. It's just my own personal preference to cut out all dairy including butter lol.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #66  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Sweet! Thanks.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Vacation was fun, now I've got to find that wagon I fell off!

Paleo isn't for me. My big leap is not eating much bread, cereal, or grains.

Today I went to a produce auction. I bought 3 boxes of green beans! Also some Fall plants. It was fun--I'd like to go to another one. MM you would have loved it...pumpkins were 25 cents...but they had to be bought by the pallet!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #68  

Yeah, Paleo isn't for everyone. It would have been day 7 today for me, but on Day 5 i crashed and gave in to my cravings, and then today i ended up buying a bottle of nestea. But I'm starting whole30(which is Paleo but slightly more stricter in terms of the best veggies/fruits and such to consume and there are some rules to whole 30, like no logging food ) on Monday, as well as starting the Race to 30, New Year Challenge on monday lol.
On whole 30, I'm technically not supposed to weight myself for the whole 30 days, but since i'm doing Race to 30, I have to weigh in every week. so not a huge deal on that. I'm really not going to worry about that rule lol.

I'm starting to prepare over this weekend by planning a whole month of meals and snacks, especially since thanksgiving is coming up real soon in about like a week and 1/2. So i'm planning out thanksgiving dinner with Turkey and all the "trimmings", except i can't have cranberry sauce(unless i find a Paleo version) and gravy since that always requires to use either flour or corn starch as a bit of a thickener . But i'll see what i can find. Apple and pumpkin pie are also out of the question since on whole 30, since Natural sugars(like honey and maple syrup) are restricted. lol

Whole 30 though is like a detox/reset kind of thing, so i'm pretty excited.

Mmmmm Pumpkins... awe 2Time, I have so many pumpkins here, i'm serious i think i have enough to last a year lol. I still have 5 in the garden that i have to pick fairly soon, probably in a couple of weeks or so. Last year when we planted pumpkins, we never got as many as we did this year. Last year we got like 3, and this year we had 9, and would have probably would have had more if i wouldn't have cut some of the blossoms off.

A produce auction sounds really fun, something i've never heard of before lol. I think i'd be in freaking heaven !

So, yeah lots of things are planned for the month of october, I'm getting a bit nervous about my birthday coming up in just over a month because my girlfriends and I are going out for dinner at my absolutely favorite Irish Pub restaurant and then out to the bar afterwards for some Karaoke. I'm trying to plan ahead for that too by looking at their menu on their website ahead of time and trying to decide what has the lowest calories and what would be the best choice.

I would normally get their mushroom and chicken fettuccine, but i'm not sure all that pasta would be a good choice. Plus i have to re-think drink choices because i would have normally drank beer and i know beer isn't a great choice.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #69  

So, I hit a NSV today !!!!

I am now in the SMALLEST of the plus sizes. From a 2X down to just an X. That's 3 effin sizes !!!!

I bought my shirt for my birthday today, and i got so excited because i had tried on the 1X and it was too big lol So i put the X on, and I was just ecstatic ... and i didn't cry, like i normally do when i have to go shopping lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3750.JPG (48.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Congrats! I know what you mean ..last week I bought size 22w jeans for the first time in over 16 years..I wore a size 28w back in May..I think I may actually start to like shopping lol !
kmstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #71  

Congrats Stacy !! That's really awesome !
Back in august, I got out of the plus sized jeans and into the largest regular sized. I was sooo happy.(and happy that i kept all my old small jeans ranging from 11 to 15 lol)
I also splurged and bought myself a gorgeous bracelet. Though i'm trying to fix it since it had elastic keeping it together. So i'm fixing it with metal hoops and lobster claw closures. (it looks much more classy then elastic lol)
Old 10-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 256/234/180

Height: 5'5'

Well thought I'd check in .....I did pretty good this week until tonight. We had so many errands to run and the hubby wanted to go to the high school football game... it's been a hard week...,concerning family, I'll need to travel to Calif for a week in a couple of weeks. I didnt get to do my exercise today and I usually take the weekends off but I plan on making up tomorrow what I missed today. Eating wise started good today but ended badly. I'll get back into tomorrow. I'm so angry with myself truthfully I can't wait until it starts raining so everything will just go away.....
Chewysmom56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #73  

awe Chewy. We all have our bad days/week. But luckily today is a new day
You'll get through it

Today i slept in wayyy too late.(as in only getting up at quarter to 1 in the afternoon lol). However, I'm making a huge pot of Jambalaya today, Sooo yummy.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Just another 5 pounds to be 1/2 way to end GOAL!

I'm back on track for this month.

I got the next jean size down, 18, and was so surprised that they ZIPPED! I'm not ready to wear them yet--but I was really liking the thought of that size--I haven't seen it in 20 years! I wanted to have a pair of "goal" pants for vacation next month.
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #75  

Congrats 2times !! That's awesome news !!

I'm also getting close to my next size down. I'm aiming to get down to a 13 by New Years, which is in another 35 lbs. which will also happen to give me a total loss of 80 lbs