Old 05-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #61  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I just got home. I went to see my Mom. She seems to be doing pretty good. She's doing a lot better than she was last week. Hopefully I can do some personals tomorrow. Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Diana I've always felt that this was totally unfair! Who do we complain to?
Angie I have obviously done something wrong in another lifetime and I'm paying the price for it. No one ever asked my opinion on this mess! Enjoy your evening.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #62  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChouKoe View Post
Seems like everyone is losing, congrats!
I'm going to doctor tomorrow to see what's up with me. Feeling very tired so I hope she know what's wrong.
ChouKoe Good luck at the Dr. tomorrow. I hope they are able to help you figure out what's going on.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #63  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF! We made it to the weekend! Enjoy your weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1370 +
Weigh In: 145.8
Down: 1.4 pounds
(I woke up feeling bloated, just like I have all week. Not sure if it's TTOM or sodium or some other mystery. )
Old 05-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #64  
Trying to live below 200

I forgot to mention about my anniversary! One year ago, today, I went to my Endo. She is the one that treats my hypothyroidism. She checked my weight, did my exam, gave me a good look over, and crunched some numbers. She asked what I thought about my weight. Then she gave her opinion . . . She thought I was at a good weight and her suggestion was that I try to maintain my weight/weight loss.

I have been in maintenance for a year, today. I have gone above my maintenance range by a couple pounds only a few times. This was during/after the Christmas holidays. I was also battling a food reaction (allergy). Over all, I am happy with my maintenance. Of course I strive for perfection. Meaning, I would rather not have gone above maintenance range. But, I did have other issues going on at the time (food allergy). So, I do think I have done a good job in this year. ETA: I don't like the way "strive for perfection" sounds. I wanted to clarify my thoughts on this. I am not perfect, nor will I ever be. I know how I am with my eating and my weight history. It is not a good one. I feel I need to keep everything in check or I will get off track. I will take advantage of any little situation that I will allow or that I feel I can get away with. Does this make better sense?

One year down and the rest of my life to go!

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-04-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #65  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

199.6-up 1.2 cuz TOM is here I knew something was up last night when I had my energy plug pulled... all the sudden I just crashed and immediately wanted to EAT SALTY and SWEET! I fought the cravings as hard as I could, just an extra serving of potatoes last night which put me at 1490 cal. for the day. I will fight so hard to not see that 2 again, even with TOM rearing it's ugly head!
I have to actually back my mom's wedding cake and put it all together today. It sucks cuz I"m all cramped up and exhausted oh well, it's life
Diana on One year of maint.! You have done Amazing!! I hope to follow in your footsteps when I get to that phase!
Kukkie going to Germany sounds so fun! Down 1.7 so close to the 80's!
PghGal oh Papa John... I do miss him, not because I've actually said no to pizza... cuz we don't have one up here! Pizza is my huge downfall, if Mr. Food was my hubby, then pizza was my lover
Angie have you considered connecting yourself to an IV full of water seems like sodium attacks your numbers so fast! I'm sorry you struggle like that but you have been doing really good keeping in your cals. and stuff so just keep going
Choukoe Good luck at the Docs today
Underwater yup, water water water, I call it drowning myself
thistoo the one good thing about the retention you've been experiencing is... when it all lets go, you are going to have a huge drop! It's coming, I just know it!
Steph, Rennie, OnaMi, Kris, aka
qtapostolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #66  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Happy Friday, everybody!

Kelly, good work on the new low! It's nice to have that distance from 200, isn't it?

Diana, major kudos for maintaining for a year. It's truly impressive.

I had a bit of a scare this morning. When I slid my scale out from under the sink to weigh in, one of the batteries fell out so I had to fiddle with it a bit. The when I got on, it read 150 - aarghh. I know I've been eating a bit too much but I couldn't have gained 5 pounds overnight! So I took out all the batteries and recalibrated, and the next reading was 146. Still too high, but that's my fault, not the scale's - unfortunately. Seeing that 150 was a jolt, though. I've got to get back to the plan, stat!

I hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend. Tomorrow, I'm going to a small flea market and then to a local plant nursery that makes gorgeous hanging baskets. And the weather is supposed to be decent, yay!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #67  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Diana, I'm glad your mom is doing better. And congratulations on your anniversary! You're a big inspiration to the rest of us.

Kelly, thanks, but my body doesn't usually work that way with whooshes so I'm not getting my hopes up. I keep thinking maybe I'll go back down to 193, but so far I'm still at 195. Oh well. Plus I'm leaving on Wednesday for a girls' trip, so I am just hoping not to gain while I'm gone.

My goal was to be in the 180s by the time I left, but obviously that's not happening. I'm trying not to be discouraged about it all. I mean, I've been at this a long time, and I know how it works. I just get mad sometimes that it's such a struggle for every ounce, because let's face it, I still have a LOT of weight to lose. I can't even think about the fact that I was down to 150 a couple years ago or I get so angry with myself, and that's not helping anything.

Lately I have been covered in these little circular bruises I get sometimes (mostly on my arms and my stomach, but sometimes on my legs too) and usually when I have them I have less energy/more muscle soreness, and water retention. They're still hanging around and so is the water, so clearly something is going on with my system. I've never found a doctor who could give me a clue, though, so I just live with it.

I'm not as crabby as this post is making me sound! I just have to try not to stress about it, and when I get back from my trip I'll reassess. My sister has gone completely vegan and is dropping even *more* weight (she's already a size 6 and two inches taller than me) so maybe I should just let her make up my food plan for awhile. Paleo *was* working great for me...that is, until it stopped.

I hope you're all having a great day. I'm just thrilled that it's Friday, because I have tons to do before I leave town.

Last edited by thistoo; 05-04-2012 at 09:57 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Happy Friday

I'm up 0.9 to 191.5. I think it was the sodium in the lunch I had out yesterday. It's okay, I'm going to continue chugging the water today and try to flush it out. I finally have a weekend with no events, but I am going out tomorrow to shop for the upcoming trip so I'll get in a LOT of walking. Our company is also celebrating NAOSH Week next week, and at our corporate office, which is where I work, we're having a walking challenge, so the team I work on has decided to sign up as a team for the challenge! Gotta love that the timing leads right up to my vacation, way to have motivation to stay on plan.

Angie I leave next Saturday (12th) and come back on the 24th.
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #69  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I’m down the .6 I was up yesterday, so that has all evened out. I brought my lunch today so I’m fully expecting a nice loss for tomorrow (do you hear that weight loss gods???).

Diana – Congratulations on losing 1.4 today; that’s pretty awesome considering you feel bloated! Happy maintenance anniversary!!!! It’s like your healthy-person birthday

Kelly – Oh that evil TOM! I’m so glad to see you are still below 200! My .6 washed away, but I am chugging water today just to be extra safe.

Steph – The flea market and plant nursery sound like fun! I’m going to do some gardening this weekend too…it’s a great way to burn calories!

Caroline – Hope you get to distress and relax a bit on your holiday. Try not to let your sister’s results make you feel bad about your own; even though you are sisters you have completely different bodies. I think it’s a good idea to get ideas from anyone and everyone whom you trust and then calibrate that information with what you know you can do and what works for you.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #70  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

woke up today to 189.8 saw 190.8 yesterday, not good. I thought I'd do better while doing the bus driver training but I guess not. I got that bad tooth pulled on Monday ... I don't know if I told you all that or not so my month is much better. I am getting up 2 hours earlier than I have been and honestly it is killing me. I'm so exhausted. We go in later on Monday and Tuesday so that will be a blessing. I have a ton going on right now in my life but I am prayerful and hopeful that things will get better.

Kelly thanks for thinking of me.

I'm going to bed so I will try to catch up tomorrow. Have a restful and peaceful night everyone.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #71  
Trying to live below 200

QT Thank you. Hang on with TTOM! I hope you are feeling better. How did the wedding cake turn out?

Steph Thank you. It sounds like you have some fun stuff planned for tomorrow. Enjoy!

Thistoo Keep working your lifestyle change. Everyone loses at a different rate. I am a very slow looser. Keep your focus.

Kukkie Have fun shopping tomorrow.

Angie Thank you! I like the "healthy person birthday". Good job on the .6.

Rennie Getting up 2 hours earlier than normal is very hard. Hang in there. I hope things calm down some for you, soon.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #72  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

May 1-196.0
May 4-196.0

Spent the last three days holed up in my SO's apartment studying and writing for finals. 4 papers later, I've rejoined the world. Unfortunately that means I haven't run since Tuesday, but I'll get something in tomorrow night. Three more finals to go.

Went to WW on Monday and I'm down to 194.4 on their scale. this is my new official low, and I'm thrilled. I'm going to MD Anderson Monday to get my official Research Assistant Baylor badge and I'm going to rooockk this position.

Rennie-how are you doing? I don't know how you do it all. love coming your way

Diana-happy healthy person's birthday!!

Angie-Thanks for the kudos. I am happy and focused. Writing this out tonight I am more personally fulfilled than I have ever been. I thought about what my teenage self would think of me now, or myself as a kid. Would I look up to me? I think I would. lol kinda existential but the point is I am making myself proud. self-love is where it's at.
I KNOW the weight loss gods are listening and you will get the results you've worked for.

Last edited by aka8941; 05-04-2012 at 11:46 PM.
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 192.6/179/140

Height: 5'5"

Ok, This looks interesting! I'm in on this!

May 1 -183.4
May 2 -182.8
May 3 -181.4
May 4 -181.4
May 5 -180.6
May 6 -180.6
May 7 -no weigh in - sick
May 8 -179.8
May 9 -179.8
May10-180
May11-178
May12-177.2
May13-177
May14-177 Tom in the Horizon!
May15-177.6
May16-177.6
May17-no weigh in - out of town
May18-no weigh in - out of town
May19-no weigh in - out of town
May20-no weigh in - out of town
May21-177.2
May22-177
May23-177
May24-176.8
May25-176.8
May26-176.7
May27-176.6
May28- anniversary
May29-176.6
May30-176.6
May31-

Looking for the 160's ! ! !

Last edited by Minnie5; 05-30-2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: update
Minnie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #74  
MUST COMMIT!!

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'9

may 6- 233.7

not off to a great start... but hopefully if i stay committed and keep up with the C25K i'll start to see the pounds drop!
reallystruggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:43 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Still up for the week... I try not to be upset with myself, but I know I shouldn't have had a 2nd piece of pizza yesterday... my girl friends were over and everyone was having a 2nd piece and I caved... ugh... and one of them had even just complimented me on my weight loss!

Today I was on plan, hoping to see a small loss tomorrow and another for my weigh in on Sunday. Maintaining this week would be awesome, but it's a stretch.

I hope everyone is having a better week than me...

Last edited by Underwater; 05-05-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote