Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 11:44 AM   #1  

Default I"m so frustrated!

Okay, rant inside here...I"m trying SO hard to keep up with exercising regularly for the first time in my life. I'm sticking with doing Leslie Sansone tapes six days a week.

Anyway, I get up at six am to do them..now my three year old son Matthew is waking up at that time, and tries to hold conversations with me while I"m exercising, and gets all upset that I can't stop and talk. How do you get your little ones to understand? One of the reasons I"m doing this is to be healthier for him so I can do more with him. I've told him I"m getting healthier and stronger so I can give him stronger hugs and play more with him. But each morning he gets upset when I'm not spending that twenty to thirty minutes with him.

My husband has tried to get Matthew out of the room and to come down for breakfast, but Matthew just wants mommy!

The only way I can exercise is to do it first thing. I've tried to do it at night, and I"m way too tired by then.

Help!
Sherry
Old 03-13-2003, 11:57 AM   #2  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Get him in on the act... on the days that I work out to a tape, Ravyn works out right along with me, she always has, since she's been on her feet... she even does the toning, she has a little like 1 pound toning band, and wants little dumbells, so she can lift weights with me...lol
Old 03-13-2003, 01:15 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

That is an excellent idea.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:44 PM   #4  

Yeah, my little Drew (he's 3) loves to do the tapes with Mommy. Sure he can't do the exercises correctly all of the time, but he feels like he is a big boy.
I'm sure it is too cute to see you little one with dumbbells!
Another option is to try to get up earlier, so you are done by the time he gets up.
Good luck!
Old 03-13-2003, 08:07 PM   #5  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

My daughter joins in when I am working out. I bought her her own 1lb dumbbells and she loves them. Usually after 5 minutes she loses interest and will play with her toys (leaving me to workout uninterrupted)
Closed Thread