South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 04:20 PM   #1  
Taking back control

Exclamation Frustrated Newbie

Hello all you lovely ladies,

I've been reading your posts today and decided to join--I'm in week 2 of phase 1 and am frustrated beyond belief! My husband and I are doing this together and he's already lost 7 lbs while I've lost a big fat whopping ZERO!

I did Sugar Busters last year and lost about 30 lbs and then promptly put it back on when I met and married my husband. My doctor told me that South Beach is the best way of eating out there.

Has anyone else not lost weight the first week? I'm not cheating but am being worn down! HELP!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Bethany
Old 07-27-2004, 04:25 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Bethany, welcome!
Can you give us some idea of what you're eating/drinking/etc?
Old 07-27-2004, 04:29 PM   #3  

Has it been your TOM? That can slow down weight loss. Also give us an idea of how much you have to lose. If you don't need to lose too much, it can take awhile. I only lost 4 pounds during Phase 1 and I've lost a steady 2 pounds since (with short plateaus).
Old 07-27-2004, 04:42 PM   #4  
Taking back control

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for the feedback. I forgot to mention that I was diagnosed with mono (and at 27?!?!?) about 3 weeks ago and am still coming out of it. I also have endometriosis and take Seasonale, which makes me have only 4 periods a year....before that I was on Lupron, a shot that shuts down estrogen production, for 3 months.

For breakfast I usually have an egg with a slice of cheese on top and a slice of ham, and a cup of tea with Splenda and skim milk. Lunch is mainly a salad with chicken on top and lots of veggies, and I drink water throughout the day. Dinner is again, salad with chicken or fajita tacos wrapped in lettuce. Snacks are string cheese, celery and hummus, cherry tomatoes, and fudgesicles at night.

As for amount of weight I"m looking to lose, I am currently 200 lbs at 5'4", and would like to get down to 150. Any more than that is gravy.

Thanks again!
Old 07-27-2004, 05:01 PM   #5  

I started at 197 so pretty close to you. I did much better once I started Phase 2 and started exercising. If I plateau, that seems to be what breaks the plateau. Also I make sure I am eating lots of vegetables. Your menu sounds pretty good.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:26 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

bdogg, it sounds like you are doing all the right things! Why don't you go talk with your doctor and see what he/she has to say? I have a feeling, since you are doing all else right, that it might be something to do with your medicine.

In the meantime, keep up with it...you never know what will happen in Phase 2!
Old 07-27-2004, 09:30 PM   #7  

Your meal plan sounds on target, my first suggestion would be to increase your water consumption but at least 16oz and see if that makes a difference. Its my understanding that Seasonale and I know from experience Lupron will cause water retention. So flush flush flush.

you see a drop soon.
Closed Thread