Old 12-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #76  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Kd awesome job on your weight loss. That is great!! I agree a great way to start the month.

Diva yah I could definetely work on my mind as well. 1 pound is good so don't stress over that.

I've been dealing with mental stuff too and it's driving me nuts. Ever since thanksgiving I haven't been in the same mind set and I want it back. So I'll be doing a little mind work as well.
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

KD - Fantastic! you've probably set a record for most pounds lost over a Thanksgiving week! I hope the momentum keeps you going through the end of the year and beyond. You've set an example for all of us.

Dustdiva - I'll take any loss or even maintaining (which I did not do!) over a holiday week. Great job. Keep it up. I think your 220 goal is possible. Keep focused.

Sassy - you'll get the attitude back. You have such a great outlook, so just give yourself a little kick in the rear and get back into the mental game. I know you can do it.

It is a glorious day here. NW PA could have 30" of snow at this time of the year, but it's sunny and 61 degrees out today. I did yard work yesterday that should have been done weeks ago but I was out of town 2 weekends in a row and had to put it off. I'm so grateful for the extended fall season. I just hope it doesn't mean we'll have snow until May!

Let's all have a great on plan week.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #78  
Cocktail Cowgirl

S/C/G: 280/263/160

Height: 5'6"

Sassy, I am having that same problem. I do so well all week, then Friday hits and I completely bomb. I just have to get through Friday and Saturday this week.

June 28: 245
July 5: 245
July 12: 247.6
July 19: 247.6
July 26: 244.4
August 2: 243.0
August 9: 242.6
August 16: 241.6
August 23: 240.0
August 30:
September 6:
September 13:
September 20:
September 27: 229.8
October 11: 234.2
October 18: 233.4
October 25: 234.0
November 1: 228.6
November 8: 229.8
November 15: 227.8
November 22: 225.8
November 29: 226.6
December 6: 228.6

Last edited by cathi888; 12-06-2011 at 10:17 AM.
cathi888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #79  

Well, I'm almost positive I will not be loosing any weight this week. I'm so bummed about it and I'm not sure how to get my attitude back to where I was. I'm just lost. I'm definetely not giving up, I just need a kick in the rear!! I'm going to start a blog so I'm hoping that helps a little if I write what I'm feeling when I want to over eat. I'm not a good writer so I'm hoping I can stick with it. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday. I'll be back today I'm sure!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #80  

Come on, Sassy! You can do this. You're doing so well. I don't know how to help you get it back except to say that I know you can. You're so positive about everything. Just keep that in mind and keep on keepin' on! No other way.

Maybe take some of the choices out of your meal planning. I find it easier if I eat the same breakfast every day, for example. No choice there except what kind of fruit to put in my yogurt. And when I felt like I was not in total control I went to salads for supper every night for a while. With cheese or meat for protein, and lots of veggies thrown in. The fewer choices, the less likely I was to screw up. After a week or so I'd get my groove back.

I did read an article somewhere along the way that suggested limiting choices made it easier to stay on plan. Once you get you attitude back in line, go crazy with new recipes, etc. It might just be what you need to get back in the game. I KNOW you can do it!

Lin
Old 12-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #81  

Oh, yeah - time to weigh in for the first Wednesday in December. 161 - I hoped to be 160, but this is OK too. This is 2 months of holding steady and about 480 to go!

Lin
Old 12-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #82  

Lin that is great! I bet you feel so good about how you have done. Your an inspiration. And thank you for helping me. I will get this. I did good today and I'm hoping it'll only get better from here. I feel positive I will loose something tomorrow either way I'm ok with it. Maybe I needed to feel this way and go through this. Who knows, but we'll see tomorrow what happens. I hope everyone has had a great Wed.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #83  

Well, I'm down 3 pounds this week. Not sure how I did that, with the way I've been feeling but I'm so glad anyway.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #84  

Way to go, Sassy. I'm always amazed at the weeks I lost a lot and didn't expect it or stayed the same and thought I'd be down at least a few pounds. This is why we have to just stay with the plan we know is working for us all along. Have a great day and just hang in there.

Lin
Old 12-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #85  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Well, I'll join in here, because I am a reluctant weigher. I avoid the scale like the plague. The last two weeks I bit the bullet and weighed myself. Last week I gained 2 pounds and this week I lost a little over 1 lb.

December 2, 2011 - 174
December 9, 2011 - 172.8 (decided to start counting the ounces)

Good luck to everyone on their WI, and good luck keeping on track over the weekend - that is my biggest challenge!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #86  

Thanks Lin.. I think that's what I needed to be back in the game mentally. I feel it today. I just feel happy to be doing this and happy about my progress..

Guac welcome!! What day is your weigh in? I'll look forward to hearing more from you. I'm the complete oposite of you. I like to weigh in everyday. I don't know why I feel like it keeps me on track.

Hope everyone has great WI's.. Talk to you soon!!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #87  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

sassy - I tend to weigh in on Friday mornings. I guess it's because that's when I know I will get the best result. If I weighed in on Mondays, I would be depressed each week - after a long weekend going off track! I was going to try daily weigh-ins, but for now I will do weekly - baby steps!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #88  

Welcome, Guacamole! I like to weigh often, but don't get too fixated on the numbers. Now I'm trying to weigh in just once a month.

When I was trying to lose, I would weigh every day - or just about every day - but would only count what I weighed on Wednesday. I'm not sure why I picked Wednesday, but I know Monday would never work for me, either! I realized that my weight would go up and down a bit even when I stayed on plan, so I weighed every day to stay "aware," but I only recorded what was on the scale on Wednesday. I counted the fractions, too.

I'm not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but I made a weekly goal chart on Excel when I started losing in January. I projected out the whole year. I know how compulsive this sounds, but it really helped me. I figured I could lose about 3 pounds a week for the first 10 weeks, then I figured 1% per week. I set this up in my mind right at the beginning of my "diet." I had no idea where those numbers would take me, but as luck would have it, this plan took me to 152 pounds by 12-14. I originally set out to lose 100 pounds between January 13th and Christmas. When I got to 162 at the beginning of October, I decided to quit for a while because of baggy skin, but I was about 8 pounds ahead of schedule. I had a hard time quitting, but now I realize I didn't quit - I re-evaluated how I look and feel.

I think the numbers I used are realistic. Especially the 1% per week. I joined a lot of short term challenges in here, too. I'd recommend setting a personal ongoing weekly goal to anyone who wants to stay motivated and wants to be held accountable to themselves. This kept me in check every single week. There was no room for saying I'd make up for poor choices "next week" since I was holding myself accountable every week to a particular number. I think I made fewer poor choices because I knew I didn't want to see the number go up - at least on Wednesday.

There are as many ways to succeed at this as there are people trying to succeed, so I'm not saying my way is the best. I just felt it really helped me be honest about how well I was doing. Many times I wished I could be a little more laid back about the process, but that isn't me. I wanted to get the losing part done with - get into a set clothing size by winter, get a new coat and other more expensive winter items just once that would be good for years and not temporary, and then hold on for dear life. The thought of buying all new winter clothes and then having to do it again next year was unsettling from a financial point of view! I wanted to be done by winter. Now, if I do decide to lose a bit more, I'm still going to wear the same coats and jackets - the costly items - and shirts. The only possibility is needing new pants if I lose 10 more pounds. That cost is small when your pants wardrobe mostly consists of jeans from the thrift store!

Let's all make the best of the next 3 weeks until the end of 2011. Then we'll be set to do our best in 2012.

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 12-09-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #89  

Thanks for all the advice Lin. Everything you said is great advice. I know it has helped me to be in challenges. I'm in the Xmas challenge and a new summer challenge. It also helps me to come on here everyday and read and reply and be apart of this group.
I finally feel like I'm back and I'm so excited about it. For awile there I thought what normally happens when I start to feel like this was going to happen again, but it didn't and I think I weathered the storm..
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #90  
Cocktail Cowgirl

S/C/G: 280/263/160

Height: 5'6"

Lin, way to maintain for 2 months. That is so wonderful. I am slowly learning that life is a plan. If I plan, I succeed, if not, I fail. I am starting to see that in other aspects also. There is a pattern forming for me. I feel it.

Sassy, I am so proud to see you bounce back. YOU are also an inspiration. Keep it up girl.

Welcome Guacamole. I am also a daily weigher and only record on Tuesdays. I think if I waited a week, I would never stay on track. Good luck to you!

I got past the dreaded Friday. I am also learning that if I have a couple cocktails, I stall. So, I might have to impose a no drink until I hit the two teens. I am working on my goals for next year. I have them set up until July.

October 11: 234.2
October 18: 233.4
October 25: 234.0
November 1: 228.6
November 8: 229.8
November 15: 227.8
November 22: 225.8
November 29: 226.6
December 6: 228.6
December 13: 225.6
cathi888 is offline   Reply With Quote