Old 04-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #106  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

I sort of agree with stacy - are your feet or fingers or anything swollen? I don't' think that could be anything but water retention. I don't think diuretics should be used all the time unless you have a medical need for them (my blood pressure meds are a diuretic), but as a one time thing to flush out the fluid, I don't think it would hurt. At least you'd be able to figure out if you really are retaining water.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #107  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I'm new to 3FC and just catching up on this thread. Had a good weekend. Did Zumba Saturday morning and spent several hours outside at the park Sat and Sun with my boys. Amazing what treats I cannot snack on while at the park!

@VermontMom
Getting food in before the hunger strikes is really important so thanks for the reminder.

@Blinky
I love your comment about putting the calories on the bowl. That is hiliarous! I can't believe the taunt story. Some folks just feel better with others wallowing with them, huh?

@supercalves
I just joined late last month and LOVE it! The other members are so great!

@goodforme
SO sorry about the fridge. That totally s.u.c.k.s! Good job leaving the cash at home to help with the vending machine blues!

@Gale02
I have the same patterns as you. I do REALLY well at work and then get munchy in the evenings and extra munchy on the weekends. As stated above, I spent lots of time outside and away from my kitchen and it really helped!

@ubergirl
Sorry about the fiasco. I'm still early in here but it's good that you don't beat yourself up - you can change it. Just keep truckin' on sister!

@calluna
Congrats on the new bike!

@caryesings
It's not secret if you tell us. Good job for fessing up! That was one of the scariest habits I realized I had. I have to focus everyday on not sneaking food. Like it matters if anyone else knows! I know and I'm most important, right?

@Eliana
I cannot weigh-in everyday, it would drive me crazy! Any chance weighing in less would help with the stress? Stacygee and eclipse have posted some good comments about water retention though too.
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #108  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I had an OP day yesterday! I did have a sweet snack after the kids went to bed, but it was calorie controlled and within my calories. I also played a couple of games of volleyball that I wasn't planning for, yay for extra exercise!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Go Gale!! Awesome.

My own on-plan days last 3 or 4 at max, then I break. I'd settle for just ONE right now. Yesterday was not so bad, but not perfect either. We had a "free" employee appreciation lunch provided by our supervisors. Hot dogs, chips, cookies, and soda. I ate 2 hot dogs, no bun, no chips, and half an oatmeal raisin cookie. Took home my planned lunch and tossed it.

Today's breakfast was another fiber bar and coffee. Lunch is salad with cuke/cheese/chicken breast. Dinner better be great because this is so boring! Trying again not to indulge the sugar monster today, can't even keep it up for one stinking day. . .

Exercise is a no go. I just can't get into the gym. I like to actually eat on my lunch break, so I just haven't forced myself to try it out. I would probably love it! I hate this about myself.

The scale is still up at 202.4, up from last Friday's 200.4 which was down from last Monday's 203.8. I'll take it, but I don't have to be happy about it.
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #110  

Hello? (Listens to the echo. . .)

Scale is down to 200.6 this morning, for no apparent reason, I did eat my planned foods yesterday but also had some chocolate in the afternoon.

Is the unreasonable-ness of my body driving the rest of ya'll crazy like it is me?

Come on in, ladies, I'm getting lonely in here!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #111  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Hey there. I noticed it was quiet in here yesterday too. Yesterday was a pretty good day for me. Exercise: biked 20 miles, ran 2.5 miles, did a short abs workout. I was a tired puppy last night, believe me. Food: was all healthy and pretty on-plan except the Hornsby Crisp cider that I drank last night. I truly think, however, that I was still in a deficit despite that cider.

Goodforme, I don't think what you ate yesterday is what determines the scale today - it's not quite that linear (discounting sodium effects - just talking about calories), so perhaps your body is not being quite as crazy as you think.

Swimming tonight, and then I think I am going to take Friday off from exercise.

Cheers!
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #112  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Sorry, I get quiet when things aren't going my way!! Avoidance at its best!

Yesterday was a spot on good day! And I dropped 1.5 pounds over night, so yay! But I've been doing that all month, gaining some, dropping some, but generally trending UP. I'm ok when the general trend is down.

My spin instructor is now on my case, which is a good thing! She knows what I'm like at the gym and is shocked that I'm reporting a gain. I emailed her what I am eating and what I am doing and she's going to take a look for me. We both think it's a good idea for me to take next week off, which is going to drive me insane! So next week, no exercise and no protein drinks. No protein drinks? That's going to be hard too! I've come to really like them, but they've become an easy-counting crutch.

Last edited by Eliana; 04-14-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #113  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Great week for me so far. I've been to the gym everyday since Monday and that includes three mornings - which is great for me! I actually plan to go twice today because there's an evening class that I love! I won't weigh in tomorrow but hopefully it'll be good news. Either way...I'm feeling good about settling into my routine.

@Gale
Congrats on staying OP! Regardless of what the scale says, it's always a successful day/week/month if you stayed OP. Yay for the extra exercise too! I haven't played volleyball in FOREVER...sounds like so much fun!

@goodforme
So sorry about the rollercoaster week. Those are always frustrating. I'm happy to hear that the numbers are back down again.

I used to work at a much larger company but now I work for a small business. I can't say that I miss all the snacks and free food from the big boy!

I've probably said this 20 times already since I joined but I just don't know how you guys can stand weighing in everyday....I would lose my ever lovin' mind!

@calluna
Excellent job with all the exercise. Sounds like you are in fact "chuggin' right along"!

@Eliana
Yay on getting some outside perspective from your spin instructor. It's really nice to build those relationships with people that care and want you to succeed!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/141

I love this time of year when all the beautiful produce starts showing up at the grocery. Before you know it the farmers markets will start!! It was easier when I lived in AZ or CA, but up north here the winter is pretty bleak for produce and what is available is so spendy. It's hard spending 4 dollars for a single bell pepper when in AZ i could drive up to a truck on the side of the road (lived near the border) and buy a giant grocery bag of them for 2-3 dollars.
That said, It's a lot easier for me to stay on plan when all these super yummy veggies are available. I made a low cal "pizza" with a 50 cal tortilla, fresh little organic pretty colored tomatoes, onions, and a sprinkle of cheese. mmmm.....

Great activity this week. We rode a bike trail that was new to me & I've got my cardio in at the gym. I may have overdone it a little yesterday, I pumped my incline up to 5 on the treadmill and my hips and back are a little sore today. might be PMS too....
I'm working on a "thing" I can do every day at home for activity especially for the days I can't get to the gym. like 100 push ups and some crunches, something.. I walk everywhere including to and from work and I'm on my feet all day at work so I always get over 15,000 steps on my pedometer.
I was way low on my calories yesterday, around 1020. My evening snack almond pack wasn't in my lunch bag (still on counter at home...) and I worked until 10pm. I just couldn't justify eating 200-300 calories just before going to sleep. especially knowing I had to get up again at 6am for a meeting at work.
Today looks good, despite working 7am-10am then 2pm-10pm.
Blinky963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #115  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

You're doing great, ladies! I have found that when I am off the rails (as I was two weeks ago) I have to recommit to evaluating every single food choice as healthy or not and build up to on plan again. If I let too much junk in there, somewhere there is a tipping point and it just goes badly.

I was 203 and some change ten days ago, due to nasty eating and being off plan. Today I was 196.2. Slowly but surely, it's working!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #116  

Arctic Mama, that's a great observation, and it seems to be serving you well. Excellent results!!

JamiSue, if I remember to weigh every day, I do it, make a mental note of it, then try to forget about it. The way it's good for me is that if I only weighed once a week I wouldn't see the lows that come in between the highs, and I would think I was in stasis from Monday to Monday. Sometimes it does make me shake my head in disbelief! For example, there was no *ahem* bathroom break between my yesterday's weight and my today's weight, so I found it funny that my body would let go of 2 pounds for no other good reason. My good days lately have been outweighed by the bad ones, forgive the pun. If anything, it should be going up. . .

Blinky, wow! Those are some hours you're working. I'm waiting on our Farmer's Market to get busy, right now there's one or two lonely vendors out there with limp, overpriced veggies.

Eliana, glad to hear you're taking a break, even though psychologically it's going to be hard for you, I think you'll find (again) that your body will thank you for it. Good luck on going without the shakes!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #117  
Back with a story

Sherrie, I have the same problem with weekly weigh ins. I wouldn't understand why I had certain numbers because I couldn't see the correlating pattern, so I always got anxiety over whether my weekly work was 'enough' to show on the scale. It drove me crazy and gave the scale way more power than it deserved. Daily weighing saves me.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #118  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Sorry, I get quiet when things aren't going my way!! Avoidance at its best!
^^^ Me too. I am back in the 230's today, but I'm feeling like it's all pretty pointless right now. I've been bouncing between 237-242 since December... blech. I'm a little bit ok with it since it's 30lbs more than I lost while nursing my first baby (I gained 10 lbs while nursing him!!), but I was hoping to lose a lot more than this by now.

I think life is super stressful right now and I don't take that into consideration when I think about my weight loss. DH lost his job 5 days after I had Eli. He got a new job, but we're (barely) living on about 60% of what he was making before. He started grad school (full time), I'm having breastfeeding issues which make me really sad (an infection and now I'm only producing enough for one feeding a day), DH has several job offers on the table and a preliminary job offer that he REALLY wants but they won't put it out on the table yet for some unknown reason, I'm taking on a 3rd kid a couple days per week starting next week... Oh yeah, and my 7 month old WILL. NOT. SLEEP. Never has been a sleeper. I thought it would get better by now but I'm so tired I can hardly stay upright at this point.

It doesn't really matter, it's just all starting to catch up with me. It's been a busy, stressful 7 months and I don't know exactly how to deal sometimes.

Thanks for listening...
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #119  
Back with a story

I'm sorry is it rough on you right now, Gale. The stress and lack and sleep can definitely impact weightloss. I lose weight while nursing (as I am right now) but it is a constant battle with hunger. If I make a wrong choice with my food and waste any of my 1800 or so calories, I end up overeating them just to stop the genuine physical hunger. I have to watch and plan every bite to mazimize the nutrition and density of it so I balance losing weight with keeping my energy up for feeding. Yeah, it is nice to lose a pound or two a week on 1800 calories, except the ravenous hunger is a challenge unto itself!
Old 04-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #120  
Back with a story

From 203 two weeks ago to 195 today? YAY!

I'm so grateful to finally have momentum built up again, it makes staying on plan much easier.