Old 05-10-2011, 12:44 AM   #166  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm not sure what to make of the past couple of days. I had more than I should have yesterday as my SO made us a feast for mother's day. At my request, though, it was pretty healthy food. Today was so-so. Lots of working out and had a super-busy/high-energy day at work today.

So, I think it is not super-exciting progress report for yesterday and today, but not dismal.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/141

I had a pretty high calorie day on Saturday. It was still within my limit, just not the kind of number you need to lose. Today is my official (self imposed) weekly weigh in and I'm down 2.4 pounds for the week. Trucking right along.

Last edited by Blinky963; 05-26-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Blinky963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #168  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky963 View Post
I had a pretty high calorie day on Saturday. It was still withing my limit, just not the kind of number you need to lose. Today is my official (self imposed) weekly weigh in and I'm down 2.4 pounds for the week. Trucking right along.
whoa, that is great!!

I was gonna whine a bit and say that I am discouraged, but the truth is that I'm down 7 pounds from the day I committed here, and I am so glad of that. The thing is I'm not feeling 7 pounds less, nor are my jeans feeling looser, nor do I think my arms look less huge. I just have to keep on keep'n on, don't I.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #169  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
whoa, that is great!!

I was gonna whine a bit and say that I am discouraged, but the truth is that I'm down 7 pounds from the day I committed here, and I am so glad of that. The thing is I'm not feeling 7 pounds less, nor are my jeans feeling looser, nor do I think my arms look less huge. I just have to keep on keep'n on, don't I.
7 pounds is great! I feel you though. I'm down over 30 pounds since I recommitted in March and still wearing my stinking 20's. They are shamefully loose but the 18's are still a little to snug in the leg. I can stuff a butterball turkey in the waistband, but the stupid legs show my... let's call them "dimples".
All I can say is I'd rather be where I am than where I was going.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #170  

I did it!!!
It took over 2 months but I finally fit well into my 18's!!!!!
Since recommitting; 34 pounds lost and finally down 1 size!!!!
Not to mention- down to 201#...knocking on One-derland's door!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #171  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky963 View Post
I did it!!!
It took over 2 months but I finally fit well into my 18's!!!!!
Since recommitting; 34 pounds lost and finally down 1 size!!!!
Not to mention- down to 201#...knocking on One-derland's door!
woohoo Blinky!!

I had a busy work week last week...ate within reason, but did not work out at all for a week! that is a big no-no for me, I have always exercised at least 6 x's a week even if I was stuffing my face. Anyway...refocusing again! Got on the scale this morning and still at 155, sure wish I was less but thankful I'm not over that!

I have to pretend I just joined this thread and think of my commitment I had to get down 7 pounds cause I really, really want to see 150 soon!

(and it took me THIS long to see that this is the 100 lb club and I am glad you let anyone in here )
Old 05-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #172  
Biker Chick!

Down one more pound, now at 154 for a couple days now
Old 05-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Down one more pound, now at 154 for a couple days now
Nice!! Good job!!

I've bumped my calories up to 1400-1450 the past 2 weeks. It slowed my weight loss a little but has curbed my cravings. Very high stress week with a great deal of sadness. Thank god for St John's wort- I'd be completely mental without it.
Lot's of temptation lately, or maybe the same old crap that has just been more tempting lately. I am getting much better at identifying my emotional triggers and stopping them before they turn into a backslide.
For the first time in many months I had to talk myself out of buying cigarettes. I worked too damn hard to quit- I can't let an emotional setback ruin that.
It's amazing to me how a bad situation can immediately make me want a cigarette and a fist full of checkout impulse candy bars. The urge was soo strong, but I am stronger than the kit kat!
Old 06-01-2011, 05:31 AM   #174  
Biker Chick!

Blinky - I'm sorry for the sadness..and the stress.. but very glad you did not pick up a cig!! congrats on quitting, how long have you been smoke free? (28 years for me )

I am down another pound or two am marking it as just one down, I will see in a few days if it 'stick' and if so will adjust my ticker.

hang in there everyone!!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #175  

Vermontmom, you are doing so good! I also like to give it a few days to see if it sticks! I only count my weekly weigh in but I check in almost every day. It's part of my accountability plan. If I get detached from the plan I stray..

It's been almost a year since I quit smoking. Like weight loss I have also quit smoking in the past (once for 3 years). I always felt like i would never go back, then something stupid would happen and I would believe all the excuses in my head.... Just one to get me through, we're celebrating, I'm sad... you know.
I have waged a war of sorts on my impulse control issues!

I have big plans for June! I have been back to my 1250-1300 calorie plan and am stepping up my activity. I even had a NSV yesterday. Normally when on the elliptical my feet hurt from the weird pressure point. yesterday I blew past my allotted countdown, past the 5 min cool down and when I looked down it was counting up overtime! Me, going overtime!! Really.

As far as my stress goes the problems are not resolved but I can not take them in anymore. It's stuff I can't really control (work crap, money, sick family member, more family stuff, etc..). I'm of no good use to anyone if I'm a chain smoking, overweight, depressed mess who can't stop crying. I just need to pull it together and focus on the solutions rather than the problems.