Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #76  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Uh...low. I'm not the best calorie counter. I eat mini meals and keep them at or below 200 calories. Suffice it to say, in order to lose my calories need to be below 1200. I know people don't like to hear that, but that's the way my body works. I'm healthy, I'm getting a vitamin supplement, they're all power calories and I'm short! LOL! I was maintaining the 160's at 1200-1300 calories.
I am the same. I have to keep mine at 1200 or less or I maintain.
162.2 today
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #77  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terre View Post
I am the same. I have to keep mine at 1200 or less or I maintain.
162.2 today
Oh good! LOL! You know it's taboo to say such things here. It's just different for those of us with fewer inches. We just have to trust that we're all responsible adults who are doing GOOD things for our bodies. If I were a developing teenager I'd worry. That ship has sailed! (And it took all my snacks...)
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #78  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Can I join this boat? I'm at 1200-1300 calories and have been maintaining. I have to drop my calories again. Being short and getting older for lack of a better word, sucks. Ten years ago, I maintained 180 for 5 years. With no change in diet habits, I gained 30+ pounds slowly over the following 5 years. I had no change in exercise habits either, so my metabolism has apparently gone to the dogs now. I'm shooting for 1100 calories for the next 2 weeks to see what happens.
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #79  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Jennie congrats on the 165.4 YOU

Hi Hokie

LoveMyBoy, the excitement for the 160's has worn off for me also. I just want to see a number below 165 and I think I'll be satisfied for about two weeks of it

Eliana, I'm short also. 5 feet and 3.75 inches ... I haven't been doing great at counting my calories here lately either. I rarely get to 1600 and when I do it's because I ate something I know I had no business eating. I think I do better on lower calories also but I'm afraid that when the time comes and I ever need to lower them I won't be able to. When I actually get out and do my 3 mile walk, I really don't pay attention to high or low calories but here lately I have been slacking on the walks. Which vitamins do you take? I was taking Centrum because my husband bought them for himself and wasn't taking them but I couldn't tell if they were doing anything so I stopped.

See Eliana, Terre and Kuchick, this is what I'm afraid of having to drop my calories if I take them down to 1200 daily. I would have days where I know I'd be starving and would eat crackers all day. My hat is off to all of you for being able to do it. I love oyster crackers and will grab a hand full or two or more when I'm feeling hungry. But I do try to eat 5 small meals.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #80  
Calorie counter

I just take a women's daily vitamin, store brand. It helps with fatigue.

I suffer hunger for the first three days I lower calories and after that I'm good to go. I find the lower calories to be sustainable as long as I watch for calorie creep. My portions tend to creep up if I'm not watching carefully. All I did to get the calories down this time was cut way down on nuts so that rather than eating them daily I eat them two times a week, three tops. I virtually cut out chocolate and I was eating a lot of that. And I took out treats. So now, I guess, I feel like I'm on a diet. But it's not so bad.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #81  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

GAH! I'm up a whole pound today! 166.4...TOM was suppose to start today, but nothing yet. I am bloated and irritated hahaha. I hope this passes soon!
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #82  
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

I had a woosh down this morning! I am down to 167.8, and am crossing my fingers that it doesn't go back up. I drank almost a gallon of water yesterday, so I know I'm not dehydrated.

My first day at the gym in about 5 years went fantastic... brisk 45 minutes on the elliptical, half an hour at 3.0 with a 6% incline on the treadmill with long strides (great for your behind!) and then core, shoulders, chest and back with weights. ahhhhh it felt sooo good to be back. can't wait to go again today.

Thank you, love2b150!

Short Ladies- I am about as short as they come at 5 feet and half an inch... I keep my calories between 900-1100. I also have hypothyroidism, (the reason I got fat in the first place!) so my metabolism is slow on top of the low regular BMR. I've realized that the only way to really lose the weight for me is to burn the calories off at the gym, which is why I joined. I also plan on lifting weights and building up some good muscle so my metabolism will get higher.
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #83  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieLoki View Post
My first day at the gym in about 5 years went fantastic... brisk 45 minutes on the elliptical, half an hour at 3.0 with a 6% incline on the treadmill with long strides (great for your behind!) and then core, shoulders, chest and back with weights. ahhhhh it felt sooo good to be back. can't wait to go again today.
First day back? That sounds pretty close to a normal day on for me and I've been back at the gym since January!! And I consider myself to be pretty gung-ho!

I'm impressed! The elliptical is something I always had to work up to! 45 minutes the first session is quite impressive, and then to do more?!

Last edited by Eliana; 09-25-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #84  
amazing

Thanks!

Well, it was my first day back at the actual gym, but I have a treadmill at home I have been doing C25K on, and I take my dog for 5 mile walks on a hilly road every morning. So I've been working on my cardio since February.

Several years ago, when I was in my early 20's, fit, and skinny, I actually used to work at a Gold's Gym. I think maybe some of that muscle is still under there, under all the fluff
Old 09-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #85  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Thanks!

Well, it was my first day back at the actual gym, but I have a treadmill at home I have been doing C25K on, and I take my dog for 5 mile walks on a hilly road every morning. So I've been working on my cardio since February.

Several years ago, when I was in my early 20's, fit, and skinny, I actually used to work at a Gold's Gym. I think maybe some of that muscle is still under there, under all the fluff
Oooh!! Got it! LOL! So you're not a newbie to exercise then. Now I feel better!

I have had a fantastic week weight-wise...life wise not so much. I've been SO busy! Dropping the calories has given me a THREE pound loss this week! That's HUGE considering I've been stalled for a few months.

My workout this morning was tough! We had a substitute for our body + abs class and whoa! She had us running between sets and/or doing jumping jacks which kept our heart rates up the entire time. And the ab stuff? Oh my! I admit, my abs are weak. I have a tendency to put them off.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #86  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

165.2 this morning
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #87  
amazing

Elaina, my core is my weakness, too. I am working on it, though... a little bit every day ads up. I am feeling it, too... it hurts to cough or sneeze, hahaha! Congrats on 3 pounds in one week, that's incredible!

I had a great workout again this morning, because I am going to go have a couple beers and watch football with some friends at four... I told myself no beer unless you burn off those calories at the gym.

this morning I weighed in at 167.5
Old 09-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #88  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Elaina, my core is my weakness, too. I am working on it, though... a little bit every day ads up. I am feeling it, too... it hurts to cough or sneeze, hahaha!
I can do planks and crunches like nobody's business, but leg lifts?? Oh my! Maybe it's because I carry a lot of my weight in my legs. Hmmm...hadn't thought about that. She had us doing leg lefts and pec flies at the same time. It was crazy hard! And after she had exhausted my muscles with that workout, she had us do a ridiculous number of crunches and then the bicycle. By that point my muscles were saying nope, no more! LOL! And then it was back to crunches and more bicycle. Yikes. I may try to repeat it tomorrow and really strengthen that area.

Up a half pound this morning and I'm so surprised it wasn't more! Every now and then I treat myself. Last night I went to Bravos and had the salmon salad. So good! But who knows how many calories it has? I ate half of it and took all the shoestring potatoe fry things off. Then, DH and I split creme brulee and a chocolate cake dessert. That's what should have packed on some water weight if nothing else! But nope, not really. Just half a pound. I'm curious to see what the scale will do tomorrow with a day of clean eating today.

The 150's just might actually be a reality!

Last edited by Eliana; 09-26-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #89  
amazing

I like the sound of your class! it sounds tough, but I like to be pushed at my workout. Leg lifts are the worst... I do 3 sets of 10 right now, and it's painful... but it's the best exercise for those pesky lower abs. I also have been using a medicine ball to enhance my regular crunches, I really feel it.

oh and creme brulee is my FAVORITE dessert... i am not a dessert person, but if there is creme brulee, I am all about it.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #90  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

160.4 this morning
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote