Old 08-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I honestly don't think food was an "addiction" for me. Certainly a habit, but a full-blown addiction? No. I still eat a LOT, like I'm constantly snacking, but it's baby carrots, fruit and almonds instead of cookies and chips. Same habit, different stuff.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:10 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

OMG! I love this thread for me it's
Wearing black pants to hide the bulge
Placing a pillow in my lap when sitting
Using my child as a shield thinking she would hide the bulge
wearing a girdle to smooth things out in the freaking summer (praying I wouldn't pass out)
I have more but gotta go out of town to visit with in laws and yes I will be wearing plack capris
K-boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #48  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

I think when someone hits the point of eating in their car really fast so no one sees you eat or seas WHAT you ate....thats pretty much an addiction. Anytime you feel the need to hide what you are eating, when you get offensive after someone looks at your food (with really no malintention), or when you make excuses at fastfood restaurant--or pretend to order for two--thats addiction. I've done all of these and the pretending to check the "text" from your coworker about their order or pretend to be on the phone with them so I get it right. It's really sad.

Didn't intend to depress anyone or offend but wanted to make a point that it really is an addiction and just because the food is being replaced it doesn't necessarily mean your mind is thinking that way yet.

A couple others:
-avoids my beautiful heels like the plague because I'm afraid I'll break them
-who keeps a pair of emergency flip flops in the car in case my coworkers want to walk to lunch (because I can't keep up with them in my work shoes)
-who would get scared and turn down men if they talked to me because I was afraid of rejection later
on that note...
-slipped into the friend zone because you've given up on impressing them
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 295/295/160

Height: 5'8

Thats one thing I never do is avoid my heels! I love them too much... but I do keep emergency flip flops because my heavy butt can only walk in them so long...

Except for my heels made by Carlos Santana of all people. I can walk in those for miles. If you want the most comfortable heels of your life, buy a pair! They're phenomenal. (Off topic, but still important )
TheActress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #50  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

I can identify with most of these! I've got some more...

-Pretend you have to go to bathroom when you're caught in a situation where you have to do trust exercises (falling into people's arms)
-Sit down in the car and immediately pull up your jeans to hide your fat roll
-Always eating salad in public

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #51  
Oneder Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheActress View Post
Thats one thing I never do is avoid my heels! I love them too much... but I do keep emergency flip flops because my heavy butt can only walk in them so long...

Except for my heels made by Carlos Santana of all people. I can walk in those for miles. If you want the most comfortable heels of your life, buy a pair! They're phenomenal. (Off topic, but still important )
Love, Love, Love Carlos Santana shoes! A lot of my heels are stilleto. I was a bit of a trampy dresser back in the day when I was able to wear them well. Now I feel like the heavy girl who everyone looks at and thinks "Wow, she really shouldn't be wearing those." I can't help it. When I do wear them, I can't wear them long. Plus I walk a lot. I have a long distant from my parking lot to my work building, then I walk to lunch, walk back, walk to my car after work...walk building to building for meetings. Heels just don't work well in that type of working condition. I wish I could wear them 24/7 like some of the thing girls on my floor. It doesn't even bother them.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellydeFlores View Post
Love, Love, Love Carlos Santana shoes! A lot of my heels are stilleto. I was a bit of a trampy dresser back in the day when I was able to wear them well. Now I feel like the heavy girl who everyone looks at and thinks "Wow, she really shouldn't be wearing those." I can't help it. When I do wear them, I can't wear them long. Plus I walk a lot. I have a long distant from my parking lot to my work building, then I walk to lunch, walk back, walk to my car after work...walk building to building for meetings. Heels just don't work well in that type of working condition. I wish I could wear them 24/7 like some of the thing girls on my floor. It doesn't even bother them.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's found out the man is a genius with more than the guitar! I LOVE HIM FOR MAKING SHOES! I totally understand about not being able to wear them long (I keep flip flops in my purse lol). Most of mine are on the pretty tall end for heels. I think that's the one thing I look forward to most about not weighing what I do, being able to wear my heels all day long and not even think about it. Oh what a dream that is.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #53  
Oneder Bound

Yes! I really can't wait to lose it al so I can get back into my heels. I just love them like children. I have high heels too. Few of them are under 4 in. I sometimes get self conscious wearing them because I'm tall as it is and then with them on I'm like an Amazon. Most of the guys I've ever dated we all around my height so it was dificult to wear heels around them. Hopefully when I lose all my weight and am actually attractive again I'll find me a tall, dark and handsome man I can wear them around.

Carlos Santana's wife I believe is the mastermind behind the shoes. She designs them if I remember correctly.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellydeFlores View Post
Yes! I really can't wait to lose it al so I can get back into my heels. I just love them like children. I have high heels too. Few of them are under 4 in. I sometimes get self conscious wearing them because I'm tall as it is and then with them on I'm like an Amazon. Most of the guys I've ever dated we all around my height so it was dificult to wear heels around them. Hopefully when I lose all my weight and am actually attractive again I'll find me a tall, dark and handsome man I can wear them around.

Carlos Santana's wife I believe is the mastermind behind the shoes. She designs them if I remember correctly.
Oh hun we're in the same boat, I don't think I own any heels under 4in. I totally get the amazon feeling too, I think I end up at no less than 6ft most of the time in heels... but I don't date guys under 6ft usually so I'm good to go. Guys my height make me feel totally awkward.

She is? That makes a little more sense then. She deserves some sort of shoe award.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 249/162/154

Height: 5'9"

[QUOTE=MaddiesMom;3430209]Am I the only one...

I used to put on a shirt and if it was too tight, I would pull on it to stretch it out because I didn't want to admit that it was too small.]

Yeap I used to do that a lot too, still do sometimes
Siki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

yall made me laugh on this thread! I do the pillow on the couch thing most commonly but I've never thought about it before! or I hold a kid or a purse in my lap so I can feel comfortable.

Last edited by boots; 08-14-2010 at 06:09 PM.
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #57  

Boy, this is the best thread I've seen in a LONG time! I've done ALL of these, but the coughing after going up a flight of stairs is really the best! I really thought I was the only that had done that.

Am I The Only One That....

Went to the kids plays and awards assemblies a little late so that I could stand in the back and hope that nobody noticed me and made fun of them for having the fattest mom in the school?

Wouldn't go to a movie theater because I wouldn't fit in the seat?

Any time we had to go some place with a turnstile, I would be sure to stick one of the kids in a stroller (LONG after they should have been in a stroller), so that I could use the handicap entrance because I knew I wouldn't through the turnstile?

Would squat down and pull my shirts over my knees to stretch them out so they weren't tight on my stomach?

Would wait until everybody went to bed at night to sit down with a HUGE bowl of ice cream?

Would refuse to go to amusement parks because I knew I wouldn't fit on the rides?

Wouldn't sit at a picnic bench for fear of flipping it over to one side?

Would stand rather than sit because I was afraid of breaking the chairs?
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #58  

mthrgoose- I was the stubborn one who went to the amusement parks, got on the rides, and then got tossed around because I was too fat for the thing to click down as far as it needed to :/
Old 08-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #59  
Determined Diva

S/C/G: 321/295/170

Height: 6'2"

Just think how freeing it will be not to have to think about these things!! I'm really looking forward to not spending so much time avoiding the whole "hey, I'm fat and it governs my behavior" thing. I know we do it for both our own self-image and because we don't want to offend or bother others, but wow, we spend a whole lot of time thinking and planning and implementing these strategies.
LiliK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:33 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 300/275/180

I have done almost all these things. Wow what a great thread! I do alot of the coughing up the stairs and stretching of the shirts. Other stuff is:

If I knew I could fit in a seat at the movie, but I would hang over or thru the seat, then I would turn down my pals offers for a movie and go later so I would not impose on their personal space.

Cross my legs in tight fit spaces, no mater how long or how uncomfortable, just fit or look like I fit better.

Avoid the tiny public bathrooms so that I did not have to squish in behind the door.

Work out at the wee morning hours so that there were minimal ppl around to see me jiggle and run the risk of breaking the elliptical.
N1kk1 is offline   Reply With Quote