Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/241/180

Height: 6'

Talking Am I the only one here doing Food Lovers Fat Loss?

I know, I know...I've read alot of peoples' entries on their dislike or suspicion of Robert Fergusons' new program but I will admit, I was one of those that 'bought' the info-mercial. I couldnt believe I actually did it-I usually roll my eyes at the hundreds of weight loss adds on TV, or at minimum, I'll change the channel. But yes...I fell for this one. And I have to say...so far so good! Been on it for 5 weeks; 11 pounds lost, LOTS more to go! Though 11 pounds does not sound like much, it is when I consider it took me 7 months to lose 16 pounds prior to starting on food lovers. I was on a much stricter program and though I lost weight at a faster rate, I would fall back into my donut loving, pasta eatin', wine swillin' ways and gain weight back. The plan I'm on now THUS FAR has proven to be one I can stick with and have slow but consistent loss. We will see...I have 60 more pounds to go-minimum!! I solicit and WELCOME any advice or support that is available. In glancing through the 3fatchicks forums, i've noted many people have had wonderful success, looks like alot on South Beach...I am so happy for those of you that have done so well! I plan to be successful too-just need support from those that know what it's like to be in denial and then have anger issues with the scale!
So...my pantry has been debrieded of twinkies and nacho dip, I've blown the dust off the top of my tennis shoes and I am ready to finally DO this! Let me know how YOU are!!
BeverlyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #3  

Welcome, Beverly! You'll find lots of support here. It sounds like you are determined, and that's what matters most.

I'm not familiar with the plan you're using, but if it's working for you then that's great.

Good luck to you!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #4  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeverlyRN View Post
I plan to be successful too-just need support from those that know what it's like to be in denial and then have anger issues with the scale!
LOL Boy are you in the right place!!!

I haven't been here long, but a lot of people (more than I could have thought existed), have been very very supportive.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #5  

Michelle: All I can say is A-MAY-ZING!!! I turned to this site for inspiration and motivation and boy, are you it!!!! I get so self defeated sometimes because of how much weight I have to lose, how I let myself get here...and there YOU are, having over come so much more and doing miraculous. Some one will probably sign you to a book deal--lol. Anyway, thanks for the 'welcome', your are incredibly inspirational. Be proud--VERY proud!

Beverly
Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 AM   #6  

Thanks for the words of support. I decided when I got serious about weight loss (THIS time) that I was going to surround myself with supportive folks, people with the same issue. Most of my friends are either over weight like me and not doing anything about it or thin and dont need to. (i dont really like the thin ones.) Anyway, I dont know how I stumbled onto this site but am so glad I did. I think it will be just the boost I need-as soon as I figure out how to navigate around it!!

Thanks again!

Beverly
Old 09-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #7  

Hi Ryan! 1 more pound 'til your goal!!! YAY for you. It will be awhile before I reach mine, but as you pointed out, there are lots of people here to offer encouragement and support along the way. Pretty incredible-so glad I'm here! Gonna need that motivation to keep my FB (fat butt) on the right track!

Smiles:

Beverly
Old 09-17-2009, 11:42 AM   #8  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Smile Lol

LOL... ya, my next pound is always my next goal... that way I don't look at the big picture... My real goal is an even 100 lbs. which I will reach at 131, ultimately I would like to be 125. Since I can't make the weight come off faster than it is going to, I just make the next pound down my goal. Makes it easier for me. 1 pound is easier to focus on that 75 or whatever...so??? I do what works for me, it's not even a goal for me, but a victory in my walk.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #9  

Hi beverly,

Yes, if it works for you. Then you will do great. Would it be interest of you to be a health coach on that program? if so, PM me. thank you.
kate looseme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #10  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Hello, BeverlyRN, and welcome to the forums. This is a great community, as you have already seen. I wish you luck in achieving your goals.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #11  

Hi Bev, Im new here. I ordered FLFL a little over 2 months ago and finally decided to start today. I think I was a lil intimidated by all the literature, but I looked it over this weekend and it is very organized and easy to understand.
I am 249 and looking to be 150. I dont have a special date goal, i guess Id like to lose it over the next 12 months. 12 months because it would be a reasonable 2/wk.
It seems like an easy enough to follow program. I hoping I have finally found the right program for me.
I wish you continued success on the program.
unusuallywavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #12  

Hey unusuallywavy-I think you will love the program. I am VERY happy with my losses so far. Would like to lose faster but 2 pounds a week works for me since this is a lifestyle change I can actually live with. Are you doing the 6 day detox? I did not. I'm not quite sold on the detox-idea and I have NO intention of drinking chorophyl!! lol. Besides, stepping right into the plan has been working for me and the detox is optional. Yes, there IS alot of information but as you may have already discovered, it all flows together and you'll have alot of it in your memory soon. Good luck & keep me posted!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

I have just watched the infomercial for this.. And it looks interesting. I am wondering if you could use the program to maintain a loss?
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5'1"

I just saw the infomercial this AM. I went on-line to get some info on the FLFL system and I ended up here! So glad I found this site and now I'm a member! Not sure if I'm willing to spend the $ for the program - looking for a little inspiration Please keep us posted of your progress on the plan. Good luck

Last edited by bernbabyburn; 09-25-2009 at 11:00 AM.
bernbabyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #15  

Jefferzzz: I feel certain that FLFL would be great for maintaining a loss. It is basically modifying food you like (or love-as they say) to be more healthful, less refined sugars, etc. The plan comes with a 'maintenance' program that is pretty liberal in my opinion. If you want to lose weight super fast, this is not the right plan. But one that's easy to follow, you can eat ALOT, and lose consistetly; it's a good fit. Only down 15 # so far, but I know I can reach the other 60! Best of luck to you & congrats on your current progress!