Old 06-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #16  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Thanks so much everyone. I am over the disgust moment lol but I am still upset with myself that I gave in to the temptations. I won't let it hold me down though and I am back on track today. Just had to vent last night Thanks again
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #17  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I get the same way. But you know that a "splurge" needs to happen every once and a while for you to realize why you are doing this. You have the rest of your life with this change. There are going to be times you are not going to be 100% on plan and thats ok.

About every three to four weeks we get pizza or go out to eat. We are ok with that. It still lets us "live" a little but we always get right back to our regular lifestyle at the next meal.

its ok...
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #18  
Resident Pixie

Thanks Terre
Old 06-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #19  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

The past cannot be changed. You can however control the present by making healthy choices and it sounds like you are. Have you had an opportunity to talk about it with your boyfriend?
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #20  
Resident Pixie

Well, here's the thing about my boyfriend. He don't do this often, for one, but also he didn't do it to be malicious or ruin anything. The candy bar, he brought home as a treat he thought I would enjoy, which he was correct and the quarter pounders were my idea which he didn't have to go buy but at the same time I didn't have to eat, especially not all of it but I did I am doing much better today and not hating myself over it anymore. Just would like to smack myself around a bit hehe
Old 06-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 287/230.4/180?

Height: 5'9"

I'm glad you're over your moment. I know when I falter like that, I also feel disgusted with what I just consumed. I try to turn it positive by saying, "well, I got that out of my system!" I just had to do it last night also, because I ate WAY too many cookies. We were stuck in the hotel room, and I just couldn't stop. I told myself that, and now today, when I have been tempted, I tell myself, nope - you had your fill last night, remember?

Good for you for venting and getting it out too
ORSewmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #22  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSewmama View Post
I'm glad you're over your moment. I know when I falter like that, I also feel disgusted with what I just consumed. I try to turn it positive by saying, "well, I got that out of my system!" I just had to do it last night also, because I ate WAY too many cookies. We were stuck in the hotel room, and I just couldn't stop. I told myself that, and now today, when I have been tempted, I tell myself, nope - you had your fill last night, remember?

Good for you for venting and getting it out too

It is so nice to have people who actually get it and understand
Old 06-28-2010, 11:32 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

It's good you acknowledged it. Just make sure you don't make it a habit!!! Glad to hear you are back on plan.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:29 AM   #24  
Resident Pixie

Thank you, Kendra
Old 06-29-2010, 01:34 AM   #25  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

We all have those moments on occasion - it wasn't one hamburger that got us 100+ pounds overweight, it was years of overeating and not fixing it. I know you won't let this hold you back, it's okay to be a little upset over a slip-up but try to remember you're human and you will struggle on occasion. As long as it doesn't defeat you, you can't lose.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:50 AM   #26  
Resident Pixie

Thank you!!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:08 AM   #27  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey there.

Gosh, I've read at least 3 times were chicks have told you it's OKAY because, "Look how far you have come!". And yes, you have come a long way, but you only got there by NOT eating candy and McDonalds.

You know, well at least I hope you know, that I am very proud of you and your accomplishments BUT... It drives me nuts when people tell a former morbidly obese person that it's okay to start slipping up because...hey look, you've lost a lot of weight. Being a former super-morbidly obese person myself these are the kind of replies I crave. I want to hear, it's okay to live a little, it's okay to eat junk food, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay. Then guess what happens? I think it's okay, because every one told me it was so I do it again, and again and again.

I think that's why I stopped putting confessions out there. I NEEDED someone to kick my butt and tell me to stop it, but instead everyone was so "sweet". It's okay. Well, dammit, it's not okay, I have a life threatening health condition called morbid obesity, and it is not okay to self medicate with sugar and fat. Even if we are not in that category anymore, we still have the same gene pool, and what goes around, comes around very quickly.

Michelle, you need to hang in there and get a grip the next few days. Stay strong and let nothing derail you from getting to your goal.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 06-29-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #28  
Resident Pixie

Thanks Lori. I needed to vent and I did (and probably still do ) need a kick in the butt. I like hugs too but sometimes it ain't enough which then I am always grateful for you
Old 06-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #29  
Philly Dancing Queen

S/C/G: 265/245/170

Height: 5 ft3

I don't think anyone was saying it's OK to eat junk food. I think people were saying - you're human. Think about why it happened, but pick up and move on.

It's kind of interesting how the same people post the "I'm being tough for you own good" comments all the time. Maybe that helps them feel better? I don't know but I recoil a little whenever I see one.

For me, if I need someone to kick me, believe me, I've got plenty of people in my life who'll do that. I'm fairly good at kicking myself. That approach clearly hasn't worked!

I have found that being in a supportive relationship/environment etc. gets me out of the slump and back on plan. When someone kicks me, it just sends me down even more.

Just my two cents..
toomuchmoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #30  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I find that I go back and forth a lot with various posters on whether the "tough love" approach or the "it's OK" approach is a better way. I think both have their place.

In some posts, it's obvious to me that a poster already feels bad about a particular food transgression...in that case, I try not to say "Well, you SHOULD feel bad", and I try to stand more on the side of "It happens to nearly everyone, lift yourself back up and move on from here".

In other posts, it's fairly obvious that a poster is making excuses/making poor choices without considering the consequences/not understanding their current weight loss or lack thereof while posting regularly about "cheats" - that poster may get more of a "tough love" approach from me...so will any poster who asks specifically for a butt-kick!

Regardless, the underlying message is really the same...stop, think, and get right back on plan, right now. Which is a message that everyone needs after a slipup, no matter how it was presented!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote